#1 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Beginning Notes:

I realize that Batman vs Ironman has been done many times before. And I realize that it is often considered a Ironman victory, commonly labeled a curbstomp. However I propose that we take a second look at a scenario that has, at least in my search, not been done before.

I also take note that it is extremely common that Batman fans (of which I am one) use the "With Prep...." argument. And after months of going through threads and reading up on this, I do notice that we (Batman fans) tend to use this a little too much. Batman is limited, especially in his basic form with basic equipment. He would lose most fights if they were random encounters. Heck, even in his own comics, he does lose in random encounters quite often. It is not uncommon for him to lose a fight, retreat, regroup, prepare, and come back to win. This can be seen in his fights against Bane, Bronze Tiger, and the Owls.

When we look at Batman and Ironman, they are clearly counterparts. Are they equal in their basic equipment? No. But they are counterparts in their personalities. Billionaires, Playboys (well Bruce fakes this part), Philanthropists, Geniuses, Art Collectors, and both are mutant-phobic (Look at Civil War/Thorbuster/Hulkbuster and Brother MK I/OMACs)

Random encounter, basic equipment, Ironman easily wins without pause. Batman would be lucky to escape for a regroup.

Unarmoured Hand to Hand, Batman easily defeats Stark.

With all of that said, let me propose the following Battle.

Bruce Wayne / Batman vs Tony Stark / Ironman

In this fight we are not restricted to New 52, Batman, nor are we restricted to Avengers vs X-men, Ironman.

The Batman and Ironman found in this scenario represent the overall Batman and Ironman from the main storylines, starting from 1980 to the Present. We are also looking at the maximum comprehensive potentials for each character. The best of the best in terms of Ironman and Batman*.

(*Therefore Batman has master level training in of 127 different forms of martial arts, can bench press over 1,000 pounds, has educational degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, Forensic Sciences, Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Technology.

I bring these things up because they tend to be overlooked and not mentioned by most Batman vs______ Threads.

None of Ironman's qualifications tend to be overlooked in other threads)

Here are two great links for information about both superheroes:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Anthony_%22Tony%22_Stark)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_(Bruce_Wayne)

Location: Neutral Modern Downtown Metro

The Image posted above is a picture of Gotham City. However this fight is not taking place in Gotham. I simply used this as an example of what type of city we are using for our battle location. The city in which Batman and Ironman are fighting is a city neither individual has ever been in before.

There is a city full of bystanders, lets say Over one million of them.

The cities Police may get involved. However the national guard will not.

In Character:

Both Ironman and Batman will be in full character for this fight.

However they both understand that they must absolutely stop the other. In their thinking, if they do not stop their opponent, then the city would be destroyed.

Neither opponent is actively seeking to kill the other. (Obviously this is the case with Batman). Tony does not want to kill Bruce.

They key word above, is that they must Stop (not Kill) the other superhero.

Preparation Time:

Both Ironman and Batman will be given One Year to Prepare for the Fight.

They know who they will be fighting. But they must obviously research each other.

They may also opt to not prepare. Tony may very well believe that he can handle Bruce. While Bruce obviously needs to prepare to fight Tony.

Gear and Resources:

Both Ironman and Batman can make use of their full resources in order to prepare for this fight. This includes their full measure of wealth, allies and connections in order to prepare.

They both have full access to gear, including recent gear. Keep in mind that Batman has recently showed the ability to create and use Armored Suits, See Below:

And then look at Ironman's Hulkbuster:

While Batman's armour, (as seen in the picture above [which is from the New 52]), is not comparable to the Hulkbuster, it does show that Batman has the capability to create armoured suits.

We could also point to the armour Batman developed to combat Superman, as seen in the Dark Knight Returns. There are other versions of we could also look at, but this is enough to give us a rough idea.

Limits:

Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne cannot obviously destroy the City. Neither can use Nuclear weapons (that should be an obvious issue, but still...)

Both fighters must fight the other one on one. They cannot call in any help. They are also restricted from creating any robots/androids to fight alongside them. This must be one on one.

However both may use any available vehicles.

Win Conditions:

In order to win the loser must be stopped. They may brought to within an inch of his life, if not absolutely killed.

Starting Locations Within the City:

After their Full year of Preparation, Batman and Ironman enter the city, not knowing where the other superhero is located. They must seek each other out.

Who will win?

I really dont think it is best for me to add my opinion as to whom I believe will win this encounter.

So I leave it up to you guys to decide.

Who will win Batman or Ironman?

#3 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it has. But not with my conditions.

#4 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Yes it has. But not with my conditions.

It is against the rules to make duplicate threads.

#5 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. Even if you did put more work into it.

#6 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Hmm....So if a Battle has been done, on any level, members are not allowed to make any new threads, even with new conditions?

Thats rough....and my bad. Sorry.

#7 Posted by BigCimmerian (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Really? Hmm....So if a Battle has been done, on any level, members are not allowed to make any new threads, even with new conditions?

Thats rough....and my bad. Sorry.

They are ignorant, you can make battle that has been done, but conditions must be much different than previous battles.

#8 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay thanks. Thats what I thought. I read through the FAQ's in the Battle Sections, and the How-To threads by the Moderators, and I thought I was in the clear.

Anyway, thanks again.

#9 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

very good post. you really put a lot of time in this lol. but i have no idea bexause i have no idea what they would do with prep.

what if IM preps for standard batman and then bats comes with the insider and all his plans are off

and what if bats preps for for mark V IM or something that IM comes out with a hulkbuster suite that he hit with pym particles to make it gigantic @Moon_Bat_87:

#10 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Okay thanks. Thats what I thought. I read through the FAQ's in the Battle Sections, and the How-To threads by the Moderators, and I thought I was in the clear.

Anyway, thanks again.

Dude this is a very well thought battle, kudos. I will have to stick with Iron Man due to his superior energy resources. He can go fighting for a long time, Bruce (to my knowledge) doesn't have anything like an arc reactor thingie

#11 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

he has been making better suits for a longer time

#12 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys. I have been thinking about this for some time. So I am happy that it showed.

Despite my own personal favoritism towards Batman, I have to agree with all of you, I do think Ironman would in fact win.

Though Batman is capable of creating things like Brother MK I and ReMAC, I think Jayfournines brings up a good point with the mention of the power source. The DC universe seems to lack the more futuristic advanced tech that the Marvel Universe seems to have. Some of best tech we have seen come from Lex Luthor and Blue Beetle, just to mention two more common/popular examples, but their tech seems much less advanced than Richards or von Doom's, not to mention Stark's.

Also karetaker does bring up another good point that I overlooked. It is really dependent on how they prepare. We could speculate multiple ways that Ironman or Batman could prepare for each other. And it does present a problem, because lets say that each prepares for the basic equipment. So Batman prepares for mark IV or V, and Ironman prepares for basic Batman. In this situation, I believe Batman would win specifically because he would bring something like his newer armour perhaps with some sort of Electo-Magnetic device, or focus point explosions (devices that focus the explosions on specific areas on the target) or something else.

However if Ironman prepared for non-basic Batman, perhaps preparing for the new Armour and the Insider suit, then Ironman would win.

Overall the only way Batman would win is if Ironman plans for basic Batman or simply doesnt bother to plan and just comes with Mark V, and Batman prepares for Mark V.

If it was broken down in a fraction/percentage it would be Batman winning 1/5th times or 20% of the time, perhaps 2/5ths. I do think that with the one year prep, Batman would put up a good fight, but still would lose.

However, if Batman prepares for Hulkbuster, and Tony prepares with using something like the Hulkbuster in his mind, then I think we would have a great fight on our hands.

#13 Posted by darktiger (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Iron Man

he has been making better suits for a longer time

agreed

#14 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent seen Batman get hit with anything bigger than a 50 caliber, but Ironmans been hit with missles and withstood them.

Hard saying, I wanna say Batman, but Ironman would most likely win.

#15 Posted by ChaoticSuperman (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@darktiger said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Iron Man

he has been making better suits for a longer time

agreed

#16 Posted by darktiger (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

I havent seen Batman get hit with anything bigger than a 50 caliber, but Ironmans been hit with missles and withstood them.

Hard saying, I wanna say Batman, but Ironman would most likely win.

definitively but I like bats better as character

#17 Posted by ohgodwhy (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I too think Iron Man would win this, purely because he is more of a genius imo when it comes to creating battle suits and stuff. Batman's got the skill and technique advantage but Iron Man can just make far more powerful and faster battle armour.

#18 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll assume this therefore goes under the shared universe principle and I think the year long strategic prep of both will be a battle in and of itself. They will both research the other, deeply. Batman has some of the best prep feats in comics, and Stark has been shown to be one of the greatest forward thinkers, thinking 5 moves ahead on multiple levels (a simple example is his check mating Reed Richard simultaneously in 5 chess games they were playing against one another) and that makes him dangerous beyond his suit. Batman has shown to hang with powerful superbeings (whether its PIS or not its canon and therefore has to be considered). The same could be said for Iron Man, because at the end of the day he's still a normal guy with no innate powers of his own. If his suit gets taken down, he's meat. I think the most interesting aspect here will be hack attacks they'd make on one another. Hacking into eachother's databases and trying to defend their own, to get as much information on everything the other has while giving up nothing of their own. I think in the end, Iron Man will still win. His suits are consistently more powerful (besides the Insider Suit but that would be one of the Bat-feats I'd rank as serious PIS), and his tech is better than Bruce's.

Then there's the argument of Tony's arrogance, would he feel Batman is worth prepping for? I would have to say yes, although I can most assuredly understand why other might say no. I feel Tony's arrogance was true, but over the years his experience has turned it into a bit of an obnoxious facade. For example, Tony gave Peter Parker the Iron Spider suit just before the Civil War arc. He trusted Peter, took Peter under his wing, and no doubt in a fight Iron Man holds almost every advantage over Peter (and I say that with Spidey being one of my all-time favorite characters). However, he still put in a killswitch command to lock up the Iron Spider suit should Peter turn on him. So I don't think he'd take a man of Batman's calibur so lightly. So I'm going to say Iron Man, but its not a stomp or anything like that. A year is a LONG time and Bruce could definately whip something up to cause Stark porblems.

#19 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Great points GraniteSoldier. Sorry for the late reply, can only post 5 replies a day.

If we count the Insider Suit, we should also keep in mind the Batman Beyond Suit, the Suits from the New 52 (Batman and Robin #12 and Detetice Comics #12), and The Exosuit. But I agree with you that Tony's suits are consistently more powerful.

As far as hacking, I am not sure who would have the edge there. I would say that this would be dead even.

I also think you bring up a great point about Tony's Arrogance. I especially like that you bring up the fact that Tony would most certainly not take Batman lightly.

But if I recall, in issue Batman Widening Gyre #01, doesnt he reverse engineer Baron Blitzkrege's suit? I believe there is a mention that he has actually done so to every DC Armored Suit Supervillian.

#20 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

My gosh you put in a lot of effort.

#21 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman will always beat Batman

#22 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

society619, what do you base that on? You mean always under any circumstances? Because I have to disagree with you on that.

#23 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

Ironman will always beat Batman

not always. in a random h2h encounter with no suit stark gets ripped apart. but in this particular scenario i think stark has a fair chance of taking it

#24 Posted by robertloucksjr (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. He is a genius who can 'prep' too (look at all his various armors). He is starting from a base power level light years higher than Batman's. People have been trying to hack and EMP his armor forever and Tony has blocked those avenues.

#25 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

society619, what do you base that on? You mean always under any circumstances? Because I have to disagree with you on that.

Taking away Stark's suits and weapons is the only way he doesn't win. Any normal circumstances and he stomps Batman

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

if they are both making suits..Tony wins...he makes better suits.

#27 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

if they are both making suits..Tony wins...he makes better suits.

This

Batman isn't going to make a better suit than Tony because he's batman

#28 Posted by rdskns4eva (201 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are taking the two at the height of their abilities, then Iron Man wins. Batman has no counter to the Bleeding Edge Armor.

#29 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep and knowledge of his opponent Batman won't be beat by Tony, Batman has made contingencies to handle the whole Justice league in less time. I'm more than willing to make an argument, but personally i feel like Batman has handled far more powerful than Tony and with his skills, instincts and sheer will power almost always comes out on top. Stark is a genius with prep as far as creating weaponry, while batman is a tactical genius all around and far more tactical than Stark. I can see him winning.

#30 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

With Prep and knowledge of his opponent Batman won't be beat by Tony, Batman has made contingencies to handle the whole Justice league in less time. I'm more than willing to make an argument, but personally i feel like Batman has handled far more powerful than Tony and with his skills, instincts and sheer will power almost always comes out on top. Stark is a genius with prep as far as creating weaponry, while batman is a tactical genius all around and far more tactical than Stark. I can see him winning.

Good point.

#31 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

With Prep and knowledge of his opponent Batman won't be beat by Tony, Batman has made contingencies to handle the whole Justice league in less time. I'm more than willing to make an argument, but personally i feel like Batman has handled far more powerful than Tony and with his skills, instincts and sheer will power almost always comes out on top. Stark is a genius with prep as far as creating weaponry, while batman is a tactical genius all around and far more tactical than Stark. I can see him winning.

And dont forget Batman has full access to his resources as well as allies. Those allies include Steel and Cyborg. And I am pretty sure they could help provide some technology that would allow Batman to at least give Tony a great fight.

#32 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just another thinly veiled attempt to make an Iron Man vs. Batman fight for people who actually think Batman can win. The is Batman and his friends vs Iron Man. Nothing more.

#33 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

This is just another thinly veiled attempt to make an Iron Man vs. Batman fight for people who actually think Batman can win. The is Batman and his friends vs Iron Man. Nothing more.

Actually its not. I made this thread to create a quality discussion about the events, giving Ironman and Batman equal preparation time and access to their full resources. And I clearly stated that in my opinion Batman would lose.

#34 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

#35 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

Well it doesnt prove it, it simply leads us to know that Batman is amazing at preparation.

#36 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5063 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark wins. Bruce is not as good with tech as Stark. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being a fanboy. If this came down to H2H w/o armor of course Bruce would win, popularity contest Bats would win. Hell I have a huge Batman collection and he's one of my favorites but realistically and logically Stark takes this.

#37 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

Well it doesnt prove it, it simply leads us to know that Batman is amazing at preparation.

I fail to see how that can't constitute as an edge in batman's favor for this particular battle. He was able to create traps to take down the entire JLA, and then was the only one to escape them. I would consider the JLA as more of a threat than Tony, even when Batman has prep. So if he can prepare traps to that degree for them I don't see how with a years prep he could not for Iron man.

#38 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

And didn't all that stuff get used against him by Ra al Ghul? Stark being a genius too could probably outsmart Wayne to the same degree. Tony has WAY more weapons then Wayne's gadgets can handle. Not to mention Stark is way more experienced at it then Batman is.

#39 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

And didn't all that stuff get used against him by Ra al Ghul? Stark being a genius too could probably outsmart Wayne to the same degree. Tony has WAY more weapons then Wayne's gadgets can handle. Not to mention Stark is way more experienced at it then Batman is.

Yes it was, are you implying that this is a reason to discredit said feat? If so I am inclined to disagree due to the fact that I feel even Ras Al Ghul is also a far better tactical threat with prep than Iron man. So in my eyes this makes it an even greater feet. Also these traps that Ras used as you put it was of Batman's design and based off of his research so it's definitely a notable feat. Lastly what makes you think that Stark is more experienced than Batman? Let's face it take away that suit and Tony stark is nothing to Bruce.

#40 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Batman has made the Insider Suit which could take on Ironman given a decent power source

#41 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

Well it doesnt prove it, it simply leads us to know that Batman is amazing at preparation.

I fail to see how that can't constitute as an edge in batman's favor for this particular battle. He was able to create traps to take down the entire JLA, and then was the only one to escape them. I would consider the JLA as more of a threat than Tony, even when Batman has prep. So if he can prepare traps to that degree for them I don't see how with a years prep he could not for Iron man.

Your ignoring the fact that the JL had no prior knowledge that Bats was prepping against them. Stark is aware of the situation here and has equal time to prepare. If stark can build a device to damn near kill the Phoenix he can easily prep for bats(same logic)

#42 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr said:

@Postacrat said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Postacrat said:

JLA Tower of Babel is proof that Batman with a year of prep could beat Iron man.

Well it doesnt prove it, it simply leads us to know that Batman is amazing at preparation.

I fail to see how that can't constitute as an edge in batman's favor for this particular battle. He was able to create traps to take down the entire JLA, and then was the only one to escape them. I would consider the JLA as more of a threat than Tony, even when Batman has prep. So if he can prepare traps to that degree for them I don't see how with a years prep he could not for Iron man.

Your ignoring the fact that the JL had no prior knowledge that Bats was prepping against them. Stark is aware of the situation here and has equal time to prepare. If stark can build a device to damn near kill the Phoenix he can easily prep for bats(same logic)

No it's not the same, however you have validated one of my points. Stark is a master of prep when it comes to preparing weaponry that saves the day. he is not a master tactician, It is very rare that you see Tony being a person to come up with an elaborate plan. You need a special cannon designed to help with a threatening abstract Tony is your man, you need a plan to set up an opportunity to use said cannon he is not. Batman is more well rounded and even though he may not be as advanced or as strong as Tony he makes up for it by being superior to him in every other way. He is just far more disciplined than Tony, who has been shown on more than one occasion to be a narcissist who lacks patience. As far as the justice league not being prepared, I feel like that's just a way to discredit a notable feat.

#43 Edited by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat:

I'm not discrediting the JL feat in any way it is impressive that he was able to catch them all in a trap.I'm saying he wont have the element of suprise against Stark that he had against the JL. I don't want to short tony or bruce in this fight. Tony is just as likely to have a trap set as bruce is. As far as battle tactics I believe bats has a slight edge, but tony has proven himself capable of using his surroundings to formulate strategy as well when his suit wont cut it

#44 Posted by zorheinduo (1 posts) - - Show Bio

bats is a better tactician and strategist than stark but stark has the edge in engineering in suits. he wins this

#45 Posted by nickzambuto (13699 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually going with Batman here. With a year of prep and free reign, you can sure as hell bet Bruce will take to some bat-sneaking inside Stark Enterprises, and from there he can hack directly into the main computer. With Oracle on his side, and if he actually does manage to reach the main frame, I think this is possible.

So now Batman knows exactly what to plan for, meanwhile Iron Man, though he will indeed prep, he won't quite take it to Batman's level.

Tony will indeed see Batman as a threat, he's not that arrogant. But if you ask me, he'll maybe a spend a couple weeks concosting a plan, building a bat-buster armor, fine tuning his strategy, and then that's it. He'll take it seriously, but Batman will take it to a whole new level.

Batman will be working tirelessly, night and day as much as possibly until the eventful showdown. Batman's advantage here is his creativity, his ability to think 5 steps ahead of you. While the same can be said for Iron Man, Tony doesn't have a backup plan for plan Cs backup plan.

Honestly in the end, I think Batman might just best Iron Man.

#46 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

With a full year I think batman could take this..my reasons being that he is better at planning for everything. I think after a year of planning he would find out a way take Tony's tech completely out of the equation. Although tony could build all kinds of weapons and technological wonders, like someone stated before he isn't on batmans level for planning strategies for battle. Tower of babel shows batman ability to come up with a plan to take down the most powerful of foes.. I don't want to sound like a batman fanboy but " with prep batman takes this fight"

#47 Posted by Tony_Shark (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I'm actually going with Batman here. With a year of prep and free reign, you can sure as hell bet Bruce will take to some bat-sneaking inside Stark Enterprises, and from there he can hack directly into the main computer. With Oracle on his side, and if he actually does manage to reach the main frame, I think this is possible.

So now Batman knows exactly what to plan for, meanwhile Iron Man, though he will indeed prep, he won't quite take it to Batman's level.

Tony will indeed see Batman as a threat, he's not that arrogant. But if you ask me, he'll maybe a spend a couple weeks concosting a plan, building a bat-buster armor, fine tuning his strategy, and then that's it. He'll take it seriously, but Batman will take it to a whole new level.

Batman will be working tirelessly, night and day as much as possibly until the eventful showdown. Batman's advantage here is his creativity, his ability to think 5 steps ahead of you. While the same can be said for Iron Man, Tony doesn't have a backup plan for plan Cs backup plan.

Honestly in the end, I think Batman might just best Iron Man.

Although I agree with your reasoning, the problem with that is that Stark's mainframe now resides in his head, and another in The Avengers Tower.

Also, the only two people that are known to be able to hack Tony Stark are Cable (using a language from 1000 years ahead), and Noh-Varr (who is a Kree weapons specialist/technologist, and whose technology is decades away from anything available on Earth).

I think Batman will not be successful in hacking Stark :/

#48 Posted by Tony_Shark (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraniteSoldier said:

I'll assume this therefore goes under the shared universe principle and I think the year long strategic prep of both will be a battle in and of itself. They will both research the other, deeply. Batman has some of the best prep feats in comics, and Stark has been shown to be one of the greatest forward thinkers, thinking 5 moves ahead on multiple levels (a simple example is his check mating Reed Richard simultaneously in 5 chess games they were playing against one another) and that makes him dangerous beyond his suit. Batman has shown to hang with powerful superbeings (whether its PIS or not its canon and therefore has to be considered). The same could be said for Iron Man, because at the end of the day he's still a normal guy with no innate powers of his own. If his suit gets taken down, he's meat. I think the most interesting aspect here will be hack attacks they'd make on one another. Hacking into eachother's databases and trying to defend their own, to get as much information on everything the other has while giving up nothing of their own. I think in the end, Iron Man will still win. His suits are consistently more powerful (besides the Insider Suit but that would be one of the Bat-feats I'd rank as serious PIS), and his tech is better than Bruce's.

Then there's the argument of Tony's arrogance, would he feel Batman is worth prepping for? I would have to say yes, although I can most assuredly understand why other might say no. I feel Tony's arrogance was true, but over the years his experience has turned it into a bit of an obnoxious facade. For example, Tony gave Peter Parker the Iron Spider suit just before the Civil War arc. He trusted Peter, took Peter under his wing, and no doubt in a fight Iron Man holds almost every advantage over Peter (and I say that with Spidey being one of my all-time favorite characters). However, he still put in a killswitch command to lock up the Iron Spider suit should Peter turn on him. So I don't think he'd take a man of Batman's calibur so lightly. So I'm going to say Iron Man, but its not a stomp or anything like that. A year is a LONG time and Bruce could definately whip something up to cause Stark porblems.

This is also the best argument that has been brought to the table.

#49 Posted by othus12 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark said:

@GraniteSoldier said:

I'll assume this therefore goes under the shared universe principle and I think the year long strategic prep of both will be a battle in and of itself. They will both research the other, deeply. Batman has some of the best prep feats in comics, and Stark has been shown to be one of the greatest forward thinkers, thinking 5 moves ahead on multiple levels (a simple example is his check mating Reed Richard simultaneously in 5 chess games they were playing against one another) and that makes him dangerous beyond his suit. Batman has shown to hang with powerful superbeings (whether its PIS or not its canon and therefore has to be considered). The same could be said for Iron Man, because at the end of the day he's still a normal guy with no innate powers of his own. If his suit gets taken down, he's meat. I think the most interesting aspect here will be hack attacks they'd make on one another. Hacking into eachother's databases and trying to defend their own, to get as much information on everything the other has while giving up nothing of their own. I think in the end, Iron Man will still win. His suits are consistently more powerful (besides the Insider Suit but that would be one of the Bat-feats I'd rank as serious PIS), and his tech is better than Bruce's.

Then there's the argument of Tony's arrogance, would he feel Batman is worth prepping for? I would have to say yes, although I can most assuredly understand why other might say no. I feel Tony's arrogance was true, but over the years his experience has turned it into a bit of an obnoxious facade. For example, Tony gave Peter Parker the Iron Spider suit just before the Civil War arc. He trusted Peter, took Peter under his wing, and no doubt in a fight Iron Man holds almost every advantage over Peter (and I say that with Spidey being one of my all-time favorite characters). However, he still put in a killswitch command to lock up the Iron Spider suit should Peter turn on him. So I don't think he'd take a man of Batman's calibur so lightly. So I'm going to say Iron Man, but its not a stomp or anything like that. A year is a LONG time and Bruce could definately whip something up to cause Stark porblems.

This is also the best argument that has been brought to the table.

this, and lets expect the bat-buster suit. lol

#50 Posted by lezickh (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I'm actually going with Batman here. With a year of prep and free reign, you can sure as hell bet Bruce will take to some bat-sneaking inside Stark Enterprises, and from there he can hack directly into the main computer. With Oracle on his side, and if he actually does manage to reach the main frame, I think this is possible.

So now Batman knows exactly what to plan for, meanwhile Iron Man, though he will indeed prep, he won't quite take it to Batman's level.

Tony will indeed see Batman as a threat, he's not that arrogant. But if you ask me, he'll maybe a spend a couple weeks concosting a plan, building a bat-buster armor, fine tuning his strategy, and then that's it. He'll take it seriously, but Batman will take it to a whole new level.

Batman will be working tirelessly, night and day as much as possibly until the eventful showdown. Batman's advantage here is his creativity, his ability to think 5 steps ahead of you. While the same can be said for Iron Man, Tony doesn't have a backup plan for plan Cs backup plan.

Honestly in the end, I think Batman might just best Iron Man.

I agree with this^^