Follow

Christopher Chance

Character » Christopher Chance appears in 123 issues.

Christopher Chance, AKA The Human Target, is a bodyguard who specializes in assuming the identity and taking the place of his employers when they are targeted by those that would harm them. He is a master impersonator, athlete, weapons expert, detective and martial artist.

A Little More Respect, Please, MCG?

• 115 results
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

What a jerk. He seems like a douche bag, and for you to say that, Sara, he MUST be. A bad day, maybe? I don't know, even when I am having a bad day, I show a little common courtesy to people.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Poor form.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " Let's look at this for what it is:

McG made a really douchey comment as a bad attempt at humor...but then again, he made it about a poster where OLIVIA MUNN IS HOLDING A HOT DOG ON A FORK BY HER MOUTH WHILE WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING!!!  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, Babs.  It was a crude remark made as a form of slandering sexual innuendo. 

Then again...it's not like Olivia has ever been shy about her sexuality or her sexual preferences.  Allow me, if you will, to pull a couple of quotes from this interview:  When asked if she's a virgin... "Oh, just in my ass.  The other way, I've slept around a lot."  When asked if she is sexually adventurous: "But if a guy says, like, 'I want to stick this carrot in your ass,' I would be like, 'Well...if that really turns you on...'"  So the fact that she's trying to play the part of a prude in this segment...is truly idiotic.  Instead of acting all surprised, she could've easily rolled with the punches or even said something back.  She didn't, and in turn, this occurred.  Hell, based on that sole interview (which isn't the only time she's talked about her sexually adventurous ways), I think McG was in perfectly fine boundaries of just throwing out a quip.  That would be like trying to say that a guest on Conan O'Brien's show wouldn't be allowed to say anything about him getting screwed over by NBC.  Just because it's an uncomfortable subject, that doesn't mean it's a taboo one...and when a celebrity wants to open up that much about their private life, they should expect that someone is going to comment on it eventually. "
    None of this justifies what he did.Olivia is AOTS.If you're going to try and embarrass somebody..it's not smart to try it where they rule.Also,it wasn't funny.That just makes it worse.She was basically praising his work and then he tries to make fun of her? That's a douchebag move.WTF does Olivia not being shy about her sexuality have to do with anything? You don't don't come on a show where someone is interviewing them and then start going off on a tangent about them..unless she did something to provoke it,which she didn't.
    GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By GOUKI
    @Caligula said:
    "@GOUKI said:
    "Mc @**hole....  He shouldnt have said those comments...i dont care if he was tryin to "joke" around... "
    seriously, what the hell is up with all of you "White Knights".  life would be boring if nobody made an Jackass move now and then. sorry but Munn had it coming. "
    Believe me.......Im no "White Knight" as you like to call it, but I loathe disrespect....no matter what form it comes in...no matter who its aimed at....no matter who its coming from.......
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " Let's look at this for what it is:

McG made a really douchey comment as a bad attempt at humor...but then again, he made it about a poster where OLIVIA MUNN IS HOLDING A HOT DOG ON A FORK BY HER MOUTH WHILE WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING!!!  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, Babs.  It was a crude remark made as a form of slandering sexual innuendo. 

Then again...it's not like Olivia has ever been shy about her sexuality or her sexual preferences.  Allow me, if you will, to pull a couple of quotes from this interview:  When asked if she's a virgin... "Oh, just in my ass.  The other way, I've slept around a lot."  When asked if she is sexually adventurous: "But if a guy says, like, 'I want to stick this carrot in your ass,' I would be like, 'Well...if that really turns you on...'"  So the fact that she's trying to play the part of a prude in this segment...is truly idiotic.  Instead of acting all surprised, she could've easily rolled with the punches or even said something back.  She didn't, and in turn, this occurred.  Hell, based on that sole interview (which isn't the only time she's talked about her sexually adventurous ways), I think McG was in perfectly fine boundaries of just throwing out a quip.  That would be like trying to say that a guest on Conan O'Brien's show wouldn't be allowed to say anything about him getting screwed over by NBC.  Just because it's an uncomfortable subject, that doesn't mean it's a taboo one...and when a celebrity wants to open up that much about their private life, they should expect that someone is going to comment on it eventually. "
    None of this justifies what he did.Olivia is AOTS.If you're going to try and embarrass somebody..it's not smart to try it where they rule.Also,it wasn't funny.That just makes it worse.She was basically praising his work and then he tries to make fun of her? That's a douchebag move.WTF does Olivia not being shy about her sexuality have to do with anything? You don't don't come on a show where someone is interviewing them and then start going off on a tangent about them..unless she did something to provoke it,which she didn't. "

It was very funny, I laughed good. 

and you don't watch much AOTS, he is not the first nor will he be the last to talk about Munn's overtly sexual behaviours. the Picture he pointed out for christs sake, was a sexual innuendo, she was putting a hotdog in her mouth, while scantily clad. open your eyes, and don't be so blinded.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    " @GOUKI said:
    "Mc @**hole....  He shouldnt have said those comments...i dont care if he was tryin to "joke" around... "
    seriously, what the hell is up with all of you "White Knights".  life would be boring if nobody made an Jackass move now and then. sorry but Munn had it coming. "
    Why are you defending a lame attempt to embarrass Olivia Munn? Life would be boring if people who are bad at making fun of people went on every show and tried it.Munn had it coming? Why for being herself? Being a dick to someone because they...are them,is a good reason now?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
      and you don't watch much AOTS, he is not the first nor will he be the last to talk about Munn's overtly sexual behaviours. the Picture he pointed out for christs sake, was a sexual innuendo, she was putting a hotdog in her mouth, while scantily clad. open your eyes, and don't be so blinded. "
    How are you going to tell me what I do and do not watch? 
    I don't give a damn if she gave Kevin a blowjob in the middle of the show..that doesn't give someone the right to do that.It has nothing to do with what he said. 
    My eyes are open I just don't laugh at corny stuff.If you're going to burn someone,do it right or STFU.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @GOUKI said:
    Why are you defending a lame attempt to embarrass Olivia Munn? Life would be boring if people who are bad at making fun of people went on every show and tried it.Munn had it coming? Why for being herself? Being a dick to someone because they...are them,is a good reason now? "

Kevin Smith, and many others whom she has interviewed has said similarly explicit things to her, this is the first time she wa ever offended. she's a hypocrite.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59  Edited By jakob187

*ugh*  I'll never understand this "internet defense force" thing that people always feel the need to go with. 

Given that Babs does interviews herself, I can understand her concern as far as professionalism is concerned and the appropriate times to make comments.  However, as she also pointed out...this is Attack of the Show, a program where Olivia Munn had a sex advice segment called "In Your Pants".  Seriously, it pisses me off that Munn is going to act all coy like that on the show in the middle of an interview, all because McG tried to make a joke.  I'll even go so far as to presume that he made that comment after having read some stuff about Olivia at some point!  Who knows?  We are talking about the same guy that could go on and on with you about the amount of silver used in the film processing for Terminator Salvation to get a specific look, and this and that and etc. 

Here's a real way to look at this: 

Mel Gibson calling a female cop "Sugar Tits" while he's drunk = stupid 

McG saying that Olivia can take quite a few hot dogs = another day in the life of Olivia Munn

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    Kevin Smith, and many others whom she has interviewed has said similarly explicit things to her, this is the first time she wa ever offended. she's a hypocrite. "
     That doesn't really have anything to do with this...What Kevin Smith said and what McG said was in totally different context.She's not a hypocrite,those instances aren't even comparable.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
      and you don't watch much AOTS, he is not the first nor will he be the last to talk about Munn's overtly sexual behaviours. the Picture he pointed out for christs sake, was a sexual innuendo, she was putting a hotdog in her mouth, while scantily clad. open your eyes, and don't be so blinded. "
    How are you going to tell me what I do and do not watch? I don't give a damn if she gave Kevin a blowjob in the middle of the show..that doesn't give someone the right to do that.It has nothing to do with what he said. My eyes are open I just don't laugh at corny stuff.If you're going to burn someone,do it right or STFU. "

So if he had said it, and Babs had posted this saying she thought it wa funny you wouldn't have a problem? that makes no sense. 

-I don't know whether you watch the show or, not but by the way you are trying to come to poor little Munn's rescue, I assume you have never, seen the ludicrously sexual BS she does on the show. and as for the blowjob part, don't portray yourself as something then be offended when people mock you.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " *ugh*  I'll never understand this "internet defense force" thing that people always feel the need to go with.  Given that Babs does interviews herself, I can understand her concern as far as professionalism is concerned and the appropriate times to make comments.  However, as she also pointed out...this is Attack of the Show, a program where Olivia Munn had a sex advice segment called "In Your Pants".  Seriously, it pisses me off that Munn is going to act all coy like that on the show in the middle of an interview, all because McG tried to make a joke.  I'll even go so far as to presume that he made that comment after having read some stuff about Olivia at some point!  Who knows?  We are talking about the same guy that could go on and on with you about the amount of silver used in the film processing for Terminator Salvation to get a specific look, and this and that and etc.  Here's a real way to look at this:  Mel Gibson calling a female cop "Sugar Tits" while he's drunk = stupid  McG saying that Olivia can take quite a few hot dogs = another day in the life of Olivia Munn "
    I'm not on any internet defense force.I'll never understand why people make assumptions and generalizations about people for having their own opinion...
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " *ugh*  I'll never understand this "internet defense force" thing that people always feel the need to go with.  Given that Babs does interviews herself, I can understand her concern as far as professionalism is concerned and the appropriate times to make comments.  However, as she also pointed out...this is Attack of the Show, a program where Olivia Munn had a sex advice segment called "In Your Pants".  Seriously, it pisses me off that Munn is going to act all coy like that on the show in the middle of an interview, all because McG tried to make a joke.  I'll even go so far as to presume that he made that comment after having read some stuff about Olivia at some point!  Who knows?  We are talking about the same guy that could go on and on with you about the amount of silver used in the film processing for Terminator Salvation to get a specific look, and this and that and etc.  Here's a real way to look at this:  Mel Gibson calling a female cop "Sugar Tits" while he's drunk = stupid  McG saying that Olivia can take quite a few hot dogs = another day in the life of Olivia Munn "
    I'm not on any internet defense force.I'll never understand why people make assumptions and generalizations about people for having their own opinion... "

Point is Munn brings this on herself, and you try to defend her. if you dress in a Wonder Woman, outfit, and you do it while implying you Suck ****, and expect someone not to call you on it you are a damned fool.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Caligula said:
    How are you going to tell me what I do and do not watch? I don't give a damn if she gave Kevin a blowjob in the middle of the show..that doesn't give someone the right to do that.It has nothing to do with what he said. My eyes are open I just don't laugh at corny stuff.If you're going to burn someone,do it right or STFU. "
    So if he had said it, and Babs had posted this saying she thought it wa funny you wouldn't have a problem? that makes no sense.  -I don't know whether you watch the show or, not but by the way you are trying to come to poor little Munn's rescue, I assume you have never, seen the ludicrously sexual BS she does on the show. and as for the blowjob part, don't portray yourself as something then be offended when people mock you. "
    What does what I am saying have to do with Babs? I didn't even read what Babs said.I just watched the video and formed my own opinion.Don't accuse me of not being able to think for myself.Babs doesn't dictate my feelings.I do.If you're interviewing somebody and they start going off on tangents about stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation and YOU don't find it funny,you wouldn't like if people agreed with that person for saying what they said.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@Caligula said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Caligula said:
    So if he had said it, and Babs had posted this saying she thought it wa funny you wouldn't have a problem? that makes no sense.  -I don't know whether you watch the show or, not but by the way you are trying to come to poor little Munn's rescue, I assume you have never, seen the ludicrously sexual BS she does on the show. and as for the blowjob part, don't portray yourself as something then be offended when people mock you. "
    What does what I am saying have to do with Babs? I didn't even read what Babs said.I just watched the video and formed my own opinion.Don't accuse me of not being able to think for myself.Babs doesn't dictate my feelings.I do.If you're interviewing somebody and they start going off on tangents about stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation and YOU don't find it funny,you wouldn't like if people agreed with that person for saying what they said. "

If you were truly offended by that, how in the hell do you, watch AOTS? that happens on damn near every episode.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    Point is Munn brings this on herself, and you try to defend her. if you dress in a Wonder Woman, outfit, and you do it while implying you Suck ****, and expect someone not to call you on it you are a damned fool. "
    What Olivia Munn does outside her interviews with someone has nothing to do with the interview itself.If you don't like her..you don't go on the show.It's that simple.If I am a professional and I have another professional on my show to tell my viewers how awesome what they are doing is, and they start ragging on me about unrelated sh#t.I would be offended to.If you don't want to do the interview..be and adult about it and don't do it.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Caligula said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @GOUKI said:
    Why are you defending a lame attempt to embarrass Olivia Munn? Life would be boring if people who are bad at making fun of people went on every show and tried it.Munn had it coming? Why for being herself? Being a dick to someone because they...are them,is a good reason now? "
    Kevin Smith, and many others whom she has interviewed has said similarly explicit things to her, this is the first time she wa ever offended. she's a hypocrite. "
    The only time I remember Kevin Smith ever saying anything explicit to her REMOTELY was when he was on to promote Zack and Miri make a Porno. Blair and Olivia were talking about how they were going to be cast in his next movie which featured all girl on girl action. This instance isn't the same as that instance, because for one, she was in on that joke, it's safe to say that Olivia isn't uptight--while she seemed offended by McG, she played it off rather well, and two, they weren't saying remotely the same thing. Kevin Smith wasn't insinuating that she was someone who "took a lot of hot dogs."
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro: So Vance...how do you even know that Olivia was offended by the comment?  Has she made an official comment?  Anything saying "McG is a pig and a douchebag"?  Wait...nothing has been said? 

@Vance Astro said:

"I'm not on any internet defense force.I'll never understand why people make assumptions and generalizations about people for having their own opinion... "

Despite that I'm taking that bolded part slightly out of context, the point of what I'm saying is that the woman has said FOR HERSELF, FROM HER OWN MOUTH, IN HER OWN WORDS...that she LIKES awkward pauses. 

So hell...for all we know...she had no problem with it and that was the end of the interview anyways.  For all we know, she totally rolled with it the way she did for the lulz. 

Have you ever seen Sarah Silverman's telling of The Aristocrats?  I'm just curious...as that is an INCREDIBLY awkward piece of comedy...but it's still a piece of comedy.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    If you were truly offended by that, how in the hell do you, watch AOTS? that happens on damn near every episode. "
    Where did I say "I" was offended.AND NO IT DOESN'T HAPPEN DAMN NEAR EVERY EPISODE.Stop making up stuff like I don't have cable.People implying sexual things toward her happens often but not in the context as to where it comes of as obnoxious or like the person is really trying to make her feel some type of way about it.So stop acting like people just come on the show and hurl insults at her until it becomes awkward..because it doesn't.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Point is Munn brings this on herself, and you try to defend her. if you dress in a Wonder Woman, outfit, and you do it while implying you Suck ****, and expect someone not to call you on it you are a damned fool. "
    What Olivia Munn does outside her interviews with someone has nothing to do with the interview itself.If you don't like her..you don't go on the show.It's that simple.If I am a professional and I have another professional on my show to tell my viewers how awesome what they are doing is, and they start ragging on me about unrelated sh#t.I would be offended to.If you don't want to do the interview..be and adult about it and don't do it. "

I agree on that, but I really didn't see what he did as all that bad, I didn't get the vibe that he was intentionally insulting her, I'm not McG, so I can't say what his true thoughts were, but it seemed to me as though he were just trying to get a laugh, and wasn't in anyway trying to purposefully anger her. 
    --But, we both have different opinions on this topic, and I respect your opinion, and I see where you are coming from, but what you are saying isn't what I felt he was doing is all.
    MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By MJ Styles

Hey, McG you've got no class.  I mean sure I talk this way with my friends, but they're my FRIENDS.  You know, people I've created a bond with whom I appreciate and respect.  To say those things to a person who you don't know from a hole in the wall seems uncouth to me. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Vance Astro: So Vance...how do you even know that Olivia was offended by the comment?  Has she made an official comment?  Anything saying "McG is a pig and a douchebag"?  Wait...nothing has been said? 

@Vance Astro said:

"I'm not on any internet defense force.I'll never understand why people make assumptions and generalizations about people for having their own opinion... "

Despite that I'm taking that bolded part slightly out of context, the point of what I'm saying is that the woman has said FOR HERSELF, FROM HER OWN MOUTH, IN HER OWN WORDS...that she LIKES awkward pauses.  So hell...for all we know...she had no problem with it and that was the end of the interview anyways.  For all we know, she totally rolled with it the way she did for the lulz.  Have you ever seen Sarah Silverman's telling of The Aristocrats?  I'm just curious...as that is an INCREDIBLY awkward piece of comedy...but it's still a piece of comedy. "
    I can tell by her response that she was uncomfortable about what was being said.Her tone implied she didn't know how to reply..Did you not watch the video? Did you see her face when he made his first comment? She doesn't HAVE TO say anything. 

You keep trying to rationalize what was said by bringing up things unrelated to the interview.I don't give a damn if Olivia claimed to have sex with the cameramen after every show.WTF does that have to do with the interview? It was completely out of context...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    I agree on that, but I really didn't see what he did as all that bad, I didn't get the vibe that he was intentionally insulting her, I'm not McG, so I can't say what his true thoughts were, but it seemed to me as though he were just trying to get a laugh, and wasn't in anyway trying to purposefully anger her. --But, we both have different opinions on this topic, and I respect your opinion, and I see where you are coming from, but what you are saying isn't what I felt he was doing is all. "
    If he was joking..she obviously didn't take it that way judging by the faces she made and what she was saying.You have to pick your spots.I didn't think it was funny so I can see why she wouldn't either.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Caligula

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ed1Ucnvn08s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ed1Ucnvn08s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>     
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kPT7vME6qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kPT7vME6qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>     
    TELL ME SHE WASN"T BEGGING FOR HIS COMMENTS
    Final Draft85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75  Edited By Final Draft85

Mark Valley is pretty cool. McG on the other hand should've had a tiny bit more respect & he just talked over her... which is really rude. McG is a " Douche Nozzel ".
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    I agree on that, but I really didn't see what he did as all that bad, I didn't get the vibe that he was intentionally insulting her, I'm not McG, so I can't say what his true thoughts were, but it seemed to me as though he were just trying to get a laugh, and wasn't in anyway trying to purposefully anger her. --But, we both have different opinions on this topic, and I respect your opinion, and I see where you are coming from, but what you are saying isn't what I felt he was doing is all. "
    If he was joking..she obviously didn't take it that way judging by the faces she made and what she was saying.You have to pick your spots.I didn't think it was funny so I can see why she wouldn't either. "

see that's what i'm saying, is it's two different mind sets here, I found it Funny, and I'm sure other people did too, and I'm also sure some people didn't, it's a POV situation
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    "
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ed1Ucnvn08s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ed1Ucnvn08s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>     
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kPT7vME6qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kPT7vME6qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>     TELL ME SHE WASN"T BEGGING FOR HIS COMMENTS "
    This isn't how you post a youtube video...click on the insert jaun and then the video jaun and then paste it. 

@Caligula said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    If he was joking..she obviously didn't take it that way judging by the faces she made and what she was saying.You have to pick your spots.I didn't think it was funny so I can see why she wouldn't either. "
    see that's what i'm saying, is it's two different mind sets here, I found it Funny, and I'm sure other people did too, and I'm also sure some people didn't, it's a POV situation "
    Whether you found it funny or not..all i'm saying is it's not ok.She was obviously uncomfortable and he kept going.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
      For all we know, she totally rolled with it the way she did for the lulz. 
    If you really couldn't tell that she WASN'T fine with it.You either didn't watch it or you are just oblivious.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro:
    dude Vance, like i said. we obviously see this two-different ways. I think he was perfectly within reasonable actions here, you don't and nothing I say to you, or you say to me is going to sway our opinions on this. so it's best just to leave it where it lay. 

and I wan't to stay cool, with you, cause this really isn't worth the argument is it. I mean it doesn't effect either of our lives in anyway so... 
    let's just agree to have seperate views here. 

cause like I have always said, you are one of the Posters I respect on here, and this is one of the very rare times I don't agree with your side of the debate.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    " @Vance Astro: dude Vance, like i said. we obviously see this two-different ways. I think he was perfectly within reasonable actions here, you don't and nothing I say to you, or you say to me is going to sway our opinions on this. so it's best just to leave it where it lay.  and I wan't to stay cool, with you, cause this really isn't worth the argument is it. I mean it doesn't effect either of our lives in anyway so... let's just agree to have seperate views here.  cause like I have always said, you are one of the Posters I respect on here, and this is one of the very rare times I don't agree with your side of the debate. "
    You didn't even have to go this far.If you don't want to argue about it just say that.You don't have to right all of that.What we differed in opinion on doesn't really have anything to do with my last post but ok..if you don't want to argue you just don't.I'm not going to hate you because you disagree with me.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro: There was a poster implying sexual innuendo, and then he implied sexual innuendo based on said poster.  Where is that out of context? 

Being that, as you put it, she "is" Attack of the Show...she very easily could've said "that was rude, and this interview is over".  She didn't.  It's not like she can't do it, as we see mid-way in the interview when McG starts going on about Mark being in Desert Storm, and then Olivia snaps at him with her "well, that's what I was gonna say if you would let me finish".  So what stopped her? 

Hey, maybe we should get up in arms about how Olivia and McG implied that it was easy to get Mark to take his shirt off!!!  That was a bit out of context, right?  Olivia even makes the comment that Mark taking his shirt off could lead to an Emmy.  How rude of her to imply that Mark's only chance of winning an Emmy is being half naked!!! 

Maybe we should also get super up-in-arms because McG ALSO quipped about his MOM taking hot dogs as well.

I'm not saying I found it to be funny.  I agree, I think that he should've held his tongue a bit more.  What I AM saying, however, is that people trying to claim that he's some huge rude douchebag simply because he made a comment like that about a poster like that to the person who was in the poster...it just seems to be quite ridiculous.  Why do they even HAVE the posters back there?!  She also happened to start commenting on the posters herself afterwards.  Yes, she had two awkward faces, so I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that she was like "what the f*** did he just say?".  However, if the woman is going to take pictures like that and can't roll with the punches...then maybe she should stop taking those pictures and NOT HAVE THEM HANGING ON THE SET!!!

Hell, she ALLOWS people to use her sexuality to sell stuff...as she points out after the comment, talking about the head of G4...so someone points it out and all of a sudden...she gets flustered about it?  OH NO!!! 

And WHILE I'M AT IT...Wonder Woman has always been an incredibly sexy character, and in turn, it has been turned into something of a sex symbol to males in recent years.  Regardless of that fact, Wonder Woman is also an incredibly strong and positive role model for females all over the world.  It's part of the dual nature that exists in that character.  Therefore, when a woman wants to dress up as Wonder Woman, she has to bear BOTH of those responsibilities.  Correct, Babs?
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Caligula
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @Vance Astro: dude Vance, like i said. we obviously see this two-different ways. I think he was perfectly within reasonable actions here, you don't and nothing I say to you, or you say to me is going to sway our opinions on this. so it's best just to leave it where it lay.  and I wan't to stay cool, with you, cause this really isn't worth the argument is it. I mean it doesn't effect either of our lives in anyway so... let's just agree to have seperate views here.  cause like I have always said, you are one of the Posters I respect on here, and this is one of the very rare times I don't agree with your side of the debate. "
    You didn't even have to go this far.If you don't want to argue about it just say that.You don't have to right all of that.What we differed in opinion on doesn't really have anything to do with my last post but ok..if you don't want to argue you just don't.I'm not going to hate you because you disagree with me. "

ok cool, as long as you aren't pissed at me.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    If you really couldn't tell that she WASN'T fine with it.You either didn't watch it or you are just oblivious. "
    I again point to the interview I linked...where she flat-out says that she LOVES awkward pauses...and the comment she made THAT in reference to...was WAAAAAY beyond talking about taking a few hot dogs.  =  /
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    ok cool, as long as you aren't pissed at me. "
    Of course not. 

@jakob187 said:
    " @Vance Astro: There was a poster implying sexual innuendo, and then he implied sexual innuendo based on said poster.  Where is that out of context?  Being that, as you put it, she "is" Attack of the Show...she very easily could've said "that was rude, and this interview is over".  She didn't.  It's not like she can't do it, as we see mid-way in the interview when McG starts going on about Mark being in Desert Storm, and then Olivia snaps at him with her "well, that's what I was gonna say if you would let me finish".  So what stopped her?  Hey, maybe we should get up in arms about how Olivia and McG implied that it was easy to get Mark to take his shirt off!!!  That was a bit out of context, right?  Olivia even makes the comment that Mark taking his shirt off could lead to an Emmy.  How rude of her to imply that Mark's only chance of winning an Emmy is being half naked!!!  Maybe we should also get super up-in-arms because McG ALSO quipped about his MOM taking hot dogs as well. I'm not saying I found it to be funny.  I agree, I think that he should've held his tongue a bit more.  What I AM saying, however, is that people trying to claim that he's some huge rude douchebag simply because he made a comment like that about a poster like that to the person who was in the poster...it just seems to be quite ridiculous.  Why do they even HAVE the posters back there?!  She also happened to start commenting on the posters herself afterwards.  Yes, she had two awkward faces, so I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that she was like "what the f*** did he just say?".  However, if the woman is going to take pictures like that and can't roll with the punches...then maybe she should stop taking those pictures and NOT HAVE THEM HANGING ON THE SET!!! Hell, she ALLOWS people to use her sexuality to sell stuff, so someone points it out and all of a sudden...she gets flustered about it?  OH NO!!! "
    Right because it's totally professional to be staring at a poster in the middle of the interview.... 
    What he said was out of context..they were in the middle of an interview.She broke character because he was paying attention to something else while she was talking. 
    Stop making excuses for childish behavior.There is nothing that Olivia did in that interview that justifies that.He didn't just make one douchebag comment and move on.He said something stupid..she was obviously not comfortable with it and then he said something else (The Wonder Woman comment) that she clearly didn't like. 
    She was commenting on the posters because that's where he took his attention.WTF else was she going to say? "Hey dude i'm trying to interview you..turn around and let me do my job"? She was just keeping up appearences.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    If you really couldn't tell that she WASN'T fine with it.You either didn't watch it or you are just oblivious. "
    I again point to the interview I linked...where she flat-out says that she LOVES awkward pauses...and the comment she made THAT in reference to...was WAAAAAY beyond talking about taking a few hot dogs.  =  / "
    What does what she's said in the past have to do with anything? When is it cool in the middle of someone plugging YOUR work to start hounding them about stupid unrelated stuff?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Of course not. 

@jakob187 said:
    " @Vance Astro: There was a poster implying sexual innuendo, and then he implied sexual innuendo based on said poster.  Where is that out of context?  Being that, as you put it, she "is" Attack of the Show...she very easily could've said "that was rude, and this interview is over".  She didn't.  It's not like she can't do it, as we see mid-way in the interview when McG starts going on about Mark being in Desert Storm, and then Olivia snaps at him with her "well, that's what I was gonna say if you would let me finish".  So what stopped her?  Hey, maybe we should get up in arms about how Olivia and McG implied that it was easy to get Mark to take his shirt off!!!  That was a bit out of context, right?  Olivia even makes the comment that Mark taking his shirt off could lead to an Emmy.  How rude of her to imply that Mark's only chance of winning an Emmy is being half naked!!!  Maybe we should also get super up-in-arms because McG ALSO quipped about his MOM taking hot dogs as well. I'm not saying I found it to be funny.  I agree, I think that he should've held his tongue a bit more.  What I AM saying, however, is that people trying to claim that he's some huge rude douchebag simply because he made a comment like that about a poster like that to the person who was in the poster...it just seems to be quite ridiculous.  Why do they even HAVE the posters back there?!  She also happened to start commenting on the posters herself afterwards.  Yes, she had two awkward faces, so I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that she was like "what the f*** did he just say?".  However, if the woman is going to take pictures like that and can't roll with the punches...then maybe she should stop taking those pictures and NOT HAVE THEM HANGING ON THE SET!!! Hell, she ALLOWS people to use her sexuality to sell stuff, so someone points it out and all of a sudden...she gets flustered about it?  OH NO!!! "
    Right because it's totally professional to be staring at a poster in the middle of the interview.... What he said was out of context..they were in the middle of an interview.She broke character because he was paying attention to something else while she was talking. Stop making excuses for childish behavior.There is nothing that Olivia did in that interview that justifies that.He didn't just make one douchebag comment and move on.He said something stupid..she was obviously not comfortable with it and then he said something else (The Wonder Woman comment) that she clearly didn't like. She was commenting on the posters because that's where he took his attention.WTF else was she going to say? "Hey dude i'm trying to interview you..turn around and let me do my job"? She was just keeping up appearences. "
    I'd just like to point out that Mark is the one who started the staring of the posters, not McG.  So if you really wanna talk about unprofessional...throw some more blame out to the other guy who was there.  =  /

Actually, yes...that's EXACTLY what she should've said.  If she was capable of telling McG "that's what I was going to say if you would let me finish"...then she ABSOLUTELY could've said "hey, let's do the interview, talk about that afterwards".  She didn't take control of the situation. 

I'm not making ANY excuses.  He commented on the posters...to which she commented about the posters...to which he commented...to which she commented...  I'm not saying it wasn't slightly uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time...why does she feel uncomfortable all of a sudden about these pictures about herself?  Because McG talked about something that she's talked about tons of times herself before?! 

I'm not trying to justify that he SHOULD'VE said that.  He shouldn't have.  I'm trying to say that they were in the middle of a relatively light interview, and it had already skewed from topic once or twice, and it skewed again.  It just happened to skew to a territory that, yes, is typically reserved for good friends to joke around with each other.  However, I think Olivia absolutely overreacted to it, solely based on who she is and the things she has been willing to openly talk about in interviews of her own. 

Anyone who can't see that McG simply tried making a joke, a quip, whatever you want...and it simply backfired...is just trying to play white knight.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro said:

" @Caligula said:

Of course not. 

@jakob187 said:
    Right because it's totally professional to be staring at a poster in the middle of the interview.... What he said was out of context..they were in the middle of an interview.She broke character because he was paying attention to something else while she was talking. Stop making excuses for childish behavior.There is nothing that Olivia did in that interview that justifies that.He didn't just make one douchebag comment and move on.He said something stupid..she was obviously not comfortable with it and then he said something else (The Wonder Woman comment) that she clearly didn't like. She was commenting on the posters because that's where he took his attention.WTF else was she going to say? "Hey dude i'm trying to interview you..turn around and let me do my job"? She was just keeping up appearences. "
    I'd just like to point out that Mark is the one who started the staring of the posters, not McG.  So if you really wanna talk about unprofessional...throw some more blame out to the other guy who was there.  =  /

Actually, yes...that's EXACTLY what she should've said.  If she was capable of telling McG "that's what I was going to say if you would let me finish"...then she ABSOLUTELY could've said "hey, let's do the interview, talk about that afterwards".  She didn't take control of the situation. 

I'm not making ANY excuses.  He commented on the posters...to which she commented about the posters...to which he commented...to which she commented...  I'm not saying it wasn't slightly uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time...why does she feel uncomfortable all of a sudden about these pictures about herself?  Because McG talked about something that she's talked about tons of times herself before?! 

I'm not trying to justify that he SHOULD'VE said that.  He shouldn't have.  I'm trying to say that they were in the middle of a relatively light interview, and it had already skewed from topic once or twice, and it skewed again.  It just happened to skew to a territory that, yes, is typically reserved for good friends to joke around with each other.  However, I think Olivia absolutely overreacted to it, solely based on who she is and the things she has been willing to openly talk about in interviews of her own. 

Anyone who can't see that McG simply tried making a joke, a quip, whatever you want...and it simply backfired...is just trying to play white knight.    
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    I'd just like to point out that Mark is the one who started the staring of the posters, not McG.  So if you really wanna talk about unprofessional...throw some more blame out to the other guy who was there.  =  / Actually, yes...that's EXACTLY what she should've said.  If she was capable of telling McG "that's what I was going to say if you would let me finish"...then she ABSOLUTELY could've said "hey, let's do the interview, talk about that afterwards".  She didn't take control of the situation.  I'm not making ANY excuses.  He commented on the posters...to which she commented about the posters...to which he commented...to which she commented...  I'm not saying it wasn't slightly uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time...why does she feel uncomfortable all of a sudden about these pictures about herself?  Because McG talked about something that she's talked about tons of times herself before?!  I'm not trying to justify that he SHOULD'VE said that.  He shouldn't have.  I'm trying to say that they were in the middle of a relatively light interview, and it had already skewed from topic once or twice, and it skewed again.  It just happened to skew to a territory that, yes, is typically reserved for good friends to joke around with each other.  However, I think Olivia absolutely overreacted to it, solely based on who she is and the things she has been willing to openly talk about in interviews of her own.  Anyone who can't see that McG simply tried making a joke, a quip, whatever you want...and it simply backfired...is just trying to play white knight.     "
    To save my self from arguing with more foolishness.I will only respond to your last comment.Who said that I couldn't see McG was making a joke? I know he was making a joke! She didn't find it funny,which is why he should have left it at that instead of still going in on her.If you tell one joke that doesn't go over,why keep going?  Your sitting her blaming Olivia Munn because McG is failed at telling a joke.There is no justification for it.He said something that she didn't like and he kept going.It's unprofessional.Period.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jakob187
    @Vance Astro said:

" @jakob187 said:

I'd just like to point out that Mark is the one who started the staring of the posters, not McG.  So if you really wanna talk about unprofessional...throw some more blame out to the other guy who was there.  =  / Actually, yes...that's EXACTLY what she should've said.  If she was capable of telling McG "that's what I was going to say if you would let me finish"...then she ABSOLUTELY could've said "hey, let's do the interview, talk about that afterwards".  She didn't take control of the situation.  I'm not making ANY excuses.  He commented on the posters...to which she commented about the posters...to which he commented...to which she commented...  I'm not saying it wasn't slightly uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time...why does she feel uncomfortable all of a sudden about these pictures about herself?  Because McG talked about something that she's talked about tons of times herself before?!  I'm not trying to justify that he SHOULD'VE said that.  He shouldn't have.  I'm trying to say that they were in the middle of a relatively light interview, and it had already skewed from topic once or twice, and it skewed again.  It just happened to skew to a territory that, yes, is typically reserved for good friends to joke around with each other.  However, I think Olivia absolutely overreacted to it, solely based on who she is and the things she has been willing to openly talk about in interviews of her own.  Anyone who can't see that McG simply tried making a joke, a quip, whatever you want...and it simply backfired...is just trying to play white knight.     "
    To save my self from arguing with more foolishness.I will only respond to your last comment.Who said that I couldn't see McG was making a joke? I know he was making a joke! She didn't find it funny,which is why he should have left it at that instead of still going in on her.If you tell one joke that doesn't go over,why keep going?  Your sitting her blaming Olivia Munn because McG is failed at telling a joke.There is no justification for it.He said something that she didn't like and he kept going.It's unprofessional.Period. "
    The camera let US know that.  Maybe McG didn't get the same vibe?  I don't know.  I'm not McG.  The fact that she decided to continue commenting would've led me to believe that she was cool about poster talk.  The fact that she didn't stop the interview right away would've said to me that things were going okay.  I don't know. 

Everyone here...me, Caligula, Vance, even Babs...EVERYONE is making nothing more than assumptions.  The situation sucks, sure.  However, don't just demonize one person in the instance.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jakob187 said: 
    The camera let US know that.  Maybe McG didn't get the same vibe?  I don't know.  I'm not McG.  The fact that she decided to continue commenting would've led me to believe that she was cool about poster talk.  The fact that she didn't stop the interview right away would've said to me that things were going okay.  I don't know.  Everyone here...me, Caligula, Vance, even Babs...EVERYONE is making nothing more than assumptions.  The situation sucks, sure.  However, don't just demonize one person in the instance. "
    Do you hear what you are saying? Why should she be unprofessional because he is? Why would she stop the show? I'm sure she wasn't THAT bothered by it.I'm not demonizing him I just didn't like the fact that people were blaming her for his corny jokes.If you say something corny..that's on you.That whole "Olivia had it coming thing" doesn't work for me.You can't have it both ways.Either he f#cked up or he didn't.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By Korg
    @jakob187 said:
    "Your opinion is that McG was a complete jerk and douchebag?"
    Yes. 

@Caligula
    said:
    " Korg is one of those "Internet Heros/White Knights" that think their always in the right. so don't worry about it bor, he obviously has never watched AOTS, or he would know that Olivia, is constantly setting herself up for those kind of comments, if not making them herself, just watch her interview with Kevin Smith, he says the same dirty crap too her and she laughs about it, she is just a double standard idiot "
    Caligula is a troll, who is trying to bait me with this post. It is not working.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By King_Saturn
    wow... well MCG is an interesting little fu#ker now isnt he ? 
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Caligula
    @Korg:
    Not a troll, but if I were I would be a good one, because I seem to constantly irritate you, and call you on all your BS, it seems like no matter where you post, you Fail.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#94  Edited By Korg
    @Caligula said:
    " @Korg: Not a troll, but if I were I would be a good one, because I seem to constantly irritate you, and call you on all your BS, it seems like no matter where you post, you Fail. "
    Yes, calling me on an opinion... very impressive. I don't recall ever encountering you before this thread, but your fascination with me is flattering, if a bit creepy.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Caligula
    @Korg said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @Korg: Not a troll, but if I were I would be a good one, because I seem to constantly irritate you, and call you on all your BS, it seems like no matter where you post, you Fail. "
    Yes, calling me on an opinion... very impressive. I don't recall ever encountering you before this thread, but your fascination with me is flattering, if a bit creepy. "

how about, you shut your mouth and move on butt-tard. and never reply to my posts again, I'm trying to keep the vermin out thank you, if you come back I'm buying rat poison.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Caligula said:
    " @Babs said:
    " @Caligula said:
     wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes
    Really? Why? One is totally unrelated to the other.   I dressed up as Wonder woman, does that make me a "slut"? "
    no no no, that's my point he wasn't being serious, it was a smart-ass comment. "
    To mock a person based on nothing more then the way they dress is pure ignorance. As an example, you selected your handle on the site. Much in the same way one might select what they want to wear. Would it be fair to try and claim that because you chose the name Caligula, a sexually perverted, insane tyrant, who was accused of bedding and prostituting his own sisters; that you approve or even wish to emulate such actions that Caligula took part in? It's the same standard.

There is a vast difference between being a smart ass, and just being a straight out ASS. There are some jokes that you can say to friends in a private setting that you can't say to other people. The topic of one's sexual proclivities is one such area. It's knowing that difference is what separates jokesters and flat out A-Holes.
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By robbiesol
    @Babs said:
    " @NagolNuff said:

@Babs: exactly he was "trying" to be funny and it just went wrong i don't feel he meant nething ill by it.
    Actually, unless you are McG and just haven't told us, you can't really say that, but feel free to speculate

@iLLituracy said:
     While Attack of the Show is hardly the super-serious environment, the jokes were a tad bit harsh to suggest she could "take a few." I think it was disrespectful to say something THAT strong, but then again, that's just me. "
    Not just you, me too. :) "

I don't think he was trying to be funny at all.  I just thought this guy was a creepy perv trying to make as many sexual innuendos as possible in order to "flirt" with the host.   

It was bad.  The parting comment about the Leia bikini just made you feel dirty.       

Oh and you're right, Munn while attractive, is not very geekdom savvy.
    Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Sylar0

WOW what a jerk and she didn't even respond ahe just had a a face like WTF. Good director but man what a jerk.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#99  Edited By NightFang3

C'mon. I think he was just joking.

NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By NagolNuff
    @NightFang: 
    @jakob187:  
    @Caligula:  
    I think we are all in the same page when it comes to this lol 
    I guess that means we are all "secretly" McG XD
    gosh this is getting way over hand some people are making this guy out to be the biggest doush in the world
    rude or not Munn is not going to be crying over this interview lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.