A Little More Respect, Please, MCG?

• 115 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me start off by saying that I am not crazy about Olivia Munn. I think she can be funny, but I don't find her altogether knowledgeable as far as video games and comic books go. She's funny, and she's attractive, which I am sure the majority of you *gentlemen* would probably agree, but I don't expect her to know that Uncharted 2 won the most number of game of the year awards, or that Iron Man's real name is Tony Stark. Okay, maybe she knows that, but I digress.

Just because I don't consider her a well of information, does not mean I would blatantly disrespect and embarrass her...on her own show. I guess McG doesn't agree with me. The Terminator Salvation director and producer of Supernatural and the OC, has a reputation for being sort of jerk. Okay, he's a complete douchebag. So it came as no surprise to me when he made some pretty obscene and rude commentary in Ms. Munn's general direction when she was trying to interview him. 

We know you're a hot shot, McG, but be a little less like Christian Bale, please? Olivia sits down with the Executive Producer of Human Target, a new FOX television series based on the DC Comics/ Vertigo graphic novel. Jump to the 6:00 minute mark for the shit-show. 

#1 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....that was rude. Was MCG doing the interview, or Olivia?

#2 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a twat, Terminator Salvation was hardly amazing. Wake me when McG makes something good for once.

#3 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio

All she could do was look at the camera, and put a "WTF" face.

#4 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Great director... seems like a jerk thou!
#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

what was so bad? I bet she eats alot of hotdogs.
#6 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

it was rude but i felt he was just playing around in the wrong way eh big deal she still pretty she still has money and i'm pretty sure her life is gonna go on just fine

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not exactly a big Olivia Munn fan, and I liked Terminator Salvation and Supernatural is one of my favourite shows, but McG was acting like a douche in that clip. And not in the good or clever way. C'mon now.

#8 Posted by Liam Bradley (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a wank.

#9 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
"it was rude but i felt he was just playing around in the wrong way eh big deal she still pretty she still has money and i'm pretty sure her life is gonna go on just fine "

I don't know, I make wise-cracks like that all of the time, if that sounds offensive to anyone, than they really don't need to meet me. It was obviously a joke, and not intended as an insult. 
I hate it when people can't laugh at themselves, and wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes, the same way my being Fat sets me up for "fat" jokes.
#10 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: that's why i said i felt like to me he was just playing around in the wrong way...wrong way for her cause she's a type a person with a stick up her butt that shows herself in her skivies and doesn't expect a crotch joke, i hang out with guys like this all the time i know how people like this are i would laugh but to her it was a nono lol....heck i like hot dogs XD
#11 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

i just think it's more funny at the end of the vid he looks around like what did i do? lol

#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff:
hahaha
#13 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:

" it was rude but i felt he was just playing around in the wrong way eh big deal she still pretty she still has money and i'm pretty sure her life is gonna go on just fine "

Maybe. Kevin has teased Olivia many times before, but it feels like he's just messing around. This, on the other hand, didn't feel quite the same. It didn't feel funny. It felt like jock humor. She's interviewing, while these two guys are off looking at her posters. It's like a party. You're invited as a guest to be interviewed, so at least show some respect and listen to the Munn. I don't see any reason why McG "Terminator sh!t-fest" should feel mighty and tall. He ruined one of my favorite franchises, I don't think his work is cool.  
#14 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bio Guyver said:
" @NagolNuff said:

" it was rude but i felt he was just playing around in the wrong way eh big deal she still pretty she still has money and i'm pretty sure her life is gonna go on just fine "

Maybe. Kevin has teased Olivia many times before, but it feels like he's just messing around. This, on the other hand, didn't feel quite the same. It didn't feel funny. It felt like jock humor. She's interviewing, while these two guys are off looking at her posters. It's like a party. You're invited as a guest to be interviewed, so at least show some respect and listen to the Munn. I don't see any reason why McG "Terminator sh!t-fest" should feel mighty and tall. He ruined one of my favorite franchises, I don't think his work is cool.   "

Terminator Salvation rocked, honestly what was so bad about it, and he was obviously playing around, and Olivia, responded like a child who is getting picked on. and the only reason she puts up with Kevin's jokes is because 90% of what happens on AOTS is scripted. I like Olivia but obviously she is a stick in the mud who can't have fun, and accept a jokey comment as what it is.
#15 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bio Guyver: well since this is the first i seen of this i'm gonna have to take your word for it but still stick to my opinion especially if they played around before, either way i just don't find it a big deal rude or not, if this was a different type of person like a ten year old or a granny then i would think it was wrong, it shouldn't have phased her the way it did but then again that is my opinion. 
@Caligula: i also enjoyed the movie, the interview went wrong to one person and that it maybe he was rude but to me he was over all playing around....nothing to get...a hotdog in your mouth...pudun ching!

man now i want hotdogs! lol
#16 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Bio Guyver said:
" @NagolNuff said:

Maybe. Kevin has teased Olivia many times before, but it feels like he's just messing around. This, on the other hand, didn't feel quite the same. It didn't feel funny. It felt like jock humor. She's interviewing, while these two guys are off looking at her posters. It's like a party. You're invited as a guest to be interviewed, so at least show some respect and listen to the Munn. I don't see any reason why McG "Terminator sh!t-fest" should feel mighty and tall. He ruined one of my favorite franchises, I don't think his work is cool.   "
Terminator Salvation rocked, honestly what was so bad about it, and he was obviously playing around, and Olivia, responded like a child who is getting picked on. and the only reason she puts up with Kevin's jokes is because 90% of what happens on AOTS is scripted. I like Olivia but obviously she is a stick in the mud who can't have fun, and accept a jokey comment as what it is. "
The only reason it was watchable, for me, was because of Moon Bloodgood and Sam Worthington. That was it. I don't think she's thick in the mud. Fact is: McG is a douche bag. He interrupts an interview rudely, and switches it with sex jokes. I just found it rude, and of course, I won't anticipate people to agree with me.
#17 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
" @Bio Guyver: well since this is the first i seen of this i'm gonna have to take your word for it but still stick to my opinion especially if they played around before, either way i just don't find it a big deal rude or not, if this was a different type of person like a ten year old or a granny then i would think it was wrong, it shouldn't have phased her the way it did but then again that is my opinion. 
@Caligula: i also enjoyed the movie, the interview went wrong to one person and that it maybe he was rude but to me he was over all playing around....nothing to get...a hotdog in your mouth...pudun ching!  man now i want hotdogs! lol "
All right.
#18 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
 wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes
Really? Why? One is totally unrelated to the other. 

I dressed up as Wonder woman, does that make me a "slut"?
#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @Caligula said:
 wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes
Really? Why? One is totally unrelated to the other.   I dressed up as Wonder woman, does that make me a "slut"? "

no no no, that's my point he wasn't being serious, it was a smart-ass comment.
#20 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

and there it  is!

#21 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

I hate it when people can't laugh at themselves

, and wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes, the same way my being Fat sets me up for "fat" jokes. "
i agree
like how people make black jokes i just laugh
#22 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
" @Caligula said:

I hate it when people can't laugh at themselves

, and wearing all those outfits she sets herself up for "slut" jokes, the same way my being Fat sets me up for "fat" jokes. "
i agree like how people make black jokes i just laugh "

Being Black is a little different than being Fat or Dressing provacatively. People are born Black. 
people make themselves fat, and they dress themselves, they don't choose their race.
#23 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time nor the place for his comments, I think that's what it boils down to. Oh, and not to mention the guy doesn't seem like he'd be able to take a hint. She looked visibly uncomfortable, but maybe that's his M.O. ?

#24 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: ja but you gotta learn to laugh at yourself either way or then i would take every frggin joke s a racist joke...idk about the fatties make themselves fat :c they don't want to be that big D: it's in their genes cries well some of them /./ lol

i just find this to this to be a ketchup stain coming out to be a blood spill you know this is coming out bigger than it should be
#25 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"There's a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time nor the place for his comments, I think that's what it boils down to. Oh, and not to mention the guy doesn't seem like he'd be able to take a hint. She looked visibly uncomfortable, but maybe that's his M.O. ? "

see that's where he went too far, when she became uncomfotable he should have dropped it, other than that it seemed as though he was just trying to be funny, he wasn't very good at it no, but I didn't think he was intentionally being malicious, although he did go a bit far with it, but I have friends, and myself included, who sometimes, say something in a playful jest, that turns out to look bad. and that's all I think this was.
#26 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" There's a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time nor the place for his comments, I think that's what it boils down to. Oh, and not to mention the guy doesn't seem like he'd be able to take a hint. She looked visibly uncomfortable, but maybe that's his M.O. ? "
Some people get their kicks from making others uncomfortable. While Attack of the Show is hardly the super-serious environment, the jokes were a tad bit harsh to suggest she could "take a few." I think it was disrespectful to say something THAT strong, but then again, that's just me.
#27 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
" @Caligula: ja but you gotta learn to laugh at yourself either way or then i would take every frggin joke s a racist joke...idk about the fatties make themselves fat :c they don't want to be that big D: it's in their genes cries well some of them /./ lol  i just find this to this to be a ketchup stain coming out to be a blood spill you know this is coming out bigger than it should be"

I'm fat ,and no i didn't intentionally make myself fat, but I did, and it's my fault I don't blame anyone but myself. but for the most part I agree that you have to learn to laugh at things, it'll make you feel better in the long run.
#28 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  
@Babs:
exactly he was "trying" to be funny and it just went wrong i don't feel he meant nething ill by it.
both of these people obviously couldn't read the other body language very well to understand the other was joking to joke with him or for the other to see she was uncomfortable to stop, it was nothing that turn into something.
#29 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:

@Babs: exactly he was "trying" to be funny and it just went wrong i don't feel he meant nething ill by it.
Actually, unless you are McG and just haven't told us, you can't really say that, but feel free to speculate

@iLLituracy said:
 While Attack of the Show is hardly the super-serious environment, the jokes were a tad bit harsh to suggest she could "take a few." I think it was disrespectful to say something THAT strong, but then again, that's just me. "
Not just you, me too. :)
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

That was just wrong.

#31 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

meh i'm taking it as i see it but it doesn't feed my hunger for hotdogs and it this threads fault :P

#32 Posted by Darth Malek (86 posts) - - Show Bio

is it me or does McG look like he s from the Stifler family, if you don't know what i mean watch the naked mile or beta house

#33 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Sheesh,that guy was a jerk!

#34 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that everyone refers to him as "McG" should indicate that he is an enormous douchebag. I feel bad for Mark Valley, because he came across as knowledgeable and intelligent, and is actually far more involved in the show, from what they both said in that interview. As far as the hotdog comment goes - that's fine as a joke gone wrong. Continuing to make comments about a Brazilian wax and a picture of her that is part of the set is not. It's just being a giant douchebag. Bringing it up in the first place is a dick move, but continuing to make allusions to Munn being promiscuous (which his comments clearly are, I don't know how you could think otherwise) moves him into douchebag territory. Then there's the "McG" thing. He also has a very punchable face. There is such a thing as bad press, Mr. Nichol. This is not the way to promote a show. There's this thing called "professionalism"...

#35 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

What a DoucheBag!   I would have been tempted to punch him in the face if I was there for that.  Totally lame.

Staff
#36 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

what a jackass. she even tried bailing him out before the last comment too and switching the subject.
agree with Korg about Valley too, he didnt need to be stuck in that nonsense.

#37 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio

i didn't really find that rude he was joking besides how can you not jump to the defense of a  guy who made a killer terminator movie the awesome supernatural series and on top of that is a die hard/lethal weapon fan

#38 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackieEstacado said:

" how can you not jump to the defense of a  guy who made a killer terminator movie the awesome supernatural series and on top of that is a die hard/lethal weapon fan "

Well, he seems to be a giant douchebag. This leads me to not only not jump to his defense, but to actually become hostile towards him.
#39 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

He seemed like he was trying to flirt with her to me. I do that to girls all the time but the dude needs to learn to pick his timing right. Doing it on an interview? Not smart.
#40 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"@JackieEstacado said:

" how can you not jump to the defense of a  guy who made a killer terminator movie the awesome supernatural series and on top of that is a die hard/lethal weapon fan "

Well, he seems to be a giant douchebag. This leads me to not only not jump to his defense, but to actually become hostile towards him. "

he did nothing wrong here. and you outright calling him a douchebag, is far worse than anything that he said.
#41 Edited by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

He seemed like he was trying to flirt with her. And can u blame him? That girl is pretty hot. As for the comment itself? I don't see it rude. I do that to girls all the time. The timing however? That was rude. Don't do it on the girls show.
#42 Edited by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's look at this for what it is:

McG made a really douchey comment as a bad attempt at humor...but then again, he made it about a poster where OLIVIA MUNN IS HOLDING A HOT DOG ON A FORK BY HER MOUTH WHILE WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING!!!  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, Babs.  It was a crude remark made as a form of slandering sexual innuendo. 

Then again...it's not like Olivia has ever been shy about her sexuality or her sexual preferences.  Allow me, if you will, to pull a couple of quotes from this interview: 

When asked if she's a virgin... 
"Oh, just in my ass.  The other way, I've slept around a lot." 

When asked if she is sexually adventurous: 
"But if a guy says, like, 'I want to stick this carrot in your ass,' I would be like, 'Well...if that really turns you on...'" 

So the fact that she's trying to play the part of a prude in this segment...is truly idiotic.  Instead of acting all surprised, she could've easily rolled with the punches or even said something back.  She didn't, and in turn, this occurred.  Hell, based on that sole interview (which isn't the only time she's talked about her sexually adventurous ways), I think McG was in perfectly fine boundaries of just throwing out a quip.  That would be like trying to say that a guest on Conan O'Brien's show wouldn't be allowed to say anything about him getting screwed over by NBC. 

Just because it's an uncomfortable subject, that doesn't mean it's a taboo one...and when a celebrity wants to open up that much about their private life, they should expect that someone is going to comment on it eventually.

#43 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
"Let's look at this for what it is:

McG made a really douchey comment as a bad attempt at humor...but then again, he made it about a poster where OLIVIA MUNN IS HOLDING A HOT DOG ON A FORK BY HER MOUTH WHILE WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING!!!  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, Babs.  It was a crude remark made as a form of slandering sexual innuendo. 

Then again...it's not like Olivia has ever been shy about her sexuality or her sexual preferences.  Allow me, if you will, to pull a couple of quotes from this interview:  When asked if she's a virgin... "Oh, just in my ass.  The other way, I've slept around a lot."  When asked if she is sexually adventurous: "But if a guy says, like, 'I want to stick this carrot in your ass,' I would be like, 'Well...if that really turns you on...'"  So the fact that she's trying to play the part of a prude in this segment...is truly idiotic.  Instead of acting all surprised, she could've easily rolled with the punches or even said something back.  She didn't, and in turn, this occurred.  Hell, based on that sole interview (which isn't the only time she's talked about her sexually adventurous ways), I think McG was in perfectly fine boundaries of just throwing out a quip. "

I agree 100%
#44 Posted by GOUKI (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Mc @**hole.... 

He shouldnt have said those comments...i dont care if he was tryin to "joke" around...
#45 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@GOUKI said:
"Mc @**hole....  He shouldnt have said those comments...i dont care if he was tryin to "joke" around... "

seriously, what the hell is up with all of you "White Knights".  life would be boring if nobody made an Jackass move now and then. sorry but Munn had it coming.
#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" he did nothing wrong here. "
You've got your opinion, I've got mine.
#47 Edited by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I should also point out that, in the same interview, she talks about fake ejaculation in her eye for the photo shoot...and also points out THAT SHE LOVES AWKWARD PAUSES!!!  At the end of the interview, she even points out that she doesn't like oral sex performed on her.
#48 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Caligula said:
You've got your opinion, I've got mine. "
Your opinion is that McG was a complete jerk and douchebag?  Did you even READ the interview that I linked?  Olivia Munn is going to talk about possibly taking a carrot up the ass, and you people are going to get upset because McG implied that she's taken quite a few hot dogs... 

...AFTER SHE SAID IN THE INTERVIEW I LINKED THAT SHE SLEEPS AROUND?!
#49 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
" @Korg said:
" @Caligula said:
You've got your opinion, I've got mine. "
Your opinion is that McG was a complete jerk and douchebag?  Did you even READ the interview that I linked?  Olivia Munn is going to talk about possibly taking a carrot up the ass, and you people are going to get upset because McG implied that she's taken quite a few hot dogs...  ...AFTER SHE SAID IN THE INTERVIEW I LINKED THAT SHE SLEEPS AROUND?! "

Korg is one of those "Internet Heros/White Knights" that think their always in the right. so don't worry about it bor, he obviously has never watched AOTS, or he would know that Olivia, is constantly setting herself up for those kind of comments, if not making them herself, just watch her interview with Kevin Smith, he says the same dirty crap too her and she laughs about it, she is just a double standard idiot
#50 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I should also point out that, in the same interview, she talks about fake ejaculation in her eye for the photo shoot...and also points out THAT SHE LOVES AWKWARD PAUSES!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.