Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Schism So Far (opinions)

• 56 results
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TenguMan8

So I was bored and wanted to hear what other people thought about schism so far, so leave a comment with your opinion on schism so far. Personally I'm finding Idie to be the only really interesting part of this thing so far, I was hoping for a more (I don't know) compelling story. It's not that I can't take these kid villains seriously it's just I think they could have made a better choice as to who and what would separate the x-men. but i guess I'll just settle for this..

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

I can't take the story seriously, After all the problems that happened to the X-Men in the past I don't see how this will break them up, Also its 2011, and they're STILL fighting for mutant rights

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

I only read the first issue and so far I have mix feelings for it. When I read the next issues I'll get back to you on it.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Nothing's really happened... nothing devastating, anyway.  

I'm still interested in it because I'm just waiting for a bomb to drop. Be it a death, a return, etc. just give me something that'll "wow" me. 

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By jrock85

From what I've heard of this series, I'm glad I decided not to buy it.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    My feelings on Schism in four images.
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThanosIsMad

I like it.  It's not just the events of the current story that are driving a wedge, but everything since M-Day and Messiah Complex until now.  From Cyclops putting X-23 on X-Force to him coaxing Idle into killing when she didn't need to, all of these things are coming to a boiling point.

And really, it's about time.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Trodorne

Like 80% of what marvel puts out for events is crap. Frankly for this to break up the team is just a joke and a slap to the face. Im personally done reading this and not planning on spending any more money on it. to me this series seems to have no connection or even mention of a time frame between that and any other event going on in marvel.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @Trodorne said:
    Like 80% of what marvel puts out for events is crap. Frankly for this to break up the team is just a joke and a slap to the face. Im personally done reading this and not planning on spending any more money on it. to me this series seems to have no connection or even mention of a time frame between that and any other event going on in marvel.
    Don't lie u'll be into Marvel sooner then later? 
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

It's readable. I'm not overly excited when reading it, not overly put out either. I'm pleased for Regenesis so somewhat more happy this is leading into it.
    More enjoying the reading on the Generation Hope issues than the actual Schism ones thus far. The kids are downright annoying, but I consider that good
    characterization when the writer can actually make me loathe the villian's and want the hero's to beat them, Norman Osborn was a compelling example of
    that. Wished the Mutant History Museum would have been incredibly detailed, like a Where's Waldo picture with tons of vague Easter Eggs.
    Overall I rate it a 6.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Mutant History Museum needs its own issue

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By iLLituracy

Eh. It's a bad concept, IMO. Not really bad, I mean, the characters are accurate. But the concept is just bad. Quentin Quire makes people use Sentinels? It feels surreal. And the villains being kids? C'mon.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @iLLituracy said:
    Eh. It's a bad concept, IMO. Not really bad, I mean, the characters are accurate. But the concept is just bad. Quentin Quire makes people use Sentinels? It feels surreal. And the villains being kids? C'mon.
    If they had kid heroes there should be kid villains, And Quire is a telepath so makes sense
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    If they had kid heroes there should be kid villains, And Quire is a telepath so makes sense
    No, not really, doesn't really work that way. 

There aren't really kids that young who are superheroes [other than Power Pack when they originally started], while there ARE kids who have powers that young they're not really superheroes and I doubt anyone that young is going to aspire to become a supervillain. They're like...9 year olds. C'mon.

Quire didn't MAKE them use Sentinels, you took my sentence too literally...assuming you've read the series, Quentin's actions at the conference was ultimately what made a number of countries use their Sentinels again. It all felt rather forced. In fact, there was this one panel in Generation Hope #10 that summed up how I felt about the whole thing. 

No Caption Provided
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:

There aren't really kids that young who are superheroes [other than Power Pack when they originally started], while there ARE kids who have powers that young they're not really superheroes and I doubt anyone that young is going to aspire to become a supervillain. They're like...9 year olds. C'mon.

Quire didn't MAKE them use Sentinels, you took my sentence too literally...assuming you've read the series, Quentin's actions at the conference was ultimately what made a number of countries use their Sentinels again. It all felt rather forced. In fact, there was this one panel in Generation Hope #10 that summed up how I felt about the whole thing. 

No Caption Provided
    Yes but no one that young may aspire to be a superhero 

Well humans still hate mutants so not exactly forced. If you read even a recent storyline like Civil War there's Sentinels patrolling the mansion
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CATPANEXE

Franklin versus Lil' Hellfire...now there might be a comic that would be a fun read (Franklin cleans house of course)

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No Caption Provided
    Yes but no one that young may aspire to be a superhero  Well humans still hate mutants so not exactly forced. If you read even a recent storyline like Civil War there's Sentinels patrolling the mansion
    Clearly that's not what I said, though. 

To say humans still hate mutants is wrong. It wasn't that long ago that San Francisco was openly welcoming the X-Men to their city. While there is still mutant hate and misunderstanding it's kind of irrational to break out ten story tall robots, IMO. And the Sentinels that were patrolling the mansion [which is hardly recent] weren't out of hate, they weren't exactly patrolling for mutants, they were patrolling for outside threats TO mutants and it was definitely not out of hate that they were placed there.
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @Jnr6Lil said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No Caption Provided
    Yes but no one that young may aspire to be a superhero  Well humans still hate mutants so not exactly forced. If you read even a recent storyline like Civil War there's Sentinels patrolling the mansion
    Clearly that's not what I said, though.  To say humans still hate mutants is wrong. It wasn't that long ago that San Francisco was openly welcoming the X-Men to their city. While there is still mutant hate and misunderstanding it's kind of irrational to break out ten story tall robots, IMO. And the Sentinels that were patrolling the mansion [which is hardly recent] weren't out of hate, they weren't exactly patrolling for mutants, they were patrolling for outside threats TO mutants and it was definitely not out of hate that they were placed there.  
    Your second statement is wrong, Those big robots patrolling the mansion in CivilWar were against mutants, the government doesn't protect mutants who can protect themselves. Have you ever thought Kid Omega telepathically manipulated the UN?
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TenguMan8
    @iLLituracy:
     @Jnr6Lil

Weirdly I agree with both of you...the kid villains are okay (i guess) and aren't to much of a reach, however I think that regardless of how overconfident the x-men were being them losing is just to forced...

As far as the humans hating mutants thing that also seemed forced I mean mutants just had a museum made in their honor and the fact they were even allowed to speak at the U.N should count for something, it does seem irrational for people to all of a sudden try to attack all mutants solely because of one crazy mofo
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy

Aren't too much of a reach? They had guns that shot miniature suns that could counteract Magneto's powers. C'mon son.  

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By cyberninja

I didn't read it,  and probably won't. 

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iLLituracy

Also, they beat Iceman. A bunch of children beat Iceman. I learned from the Battles forum here that Iceman is unbeatable. 

Clearly the writing is sh!t.

TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TenguMan8

@iLLituracy

Da*n I should have phrased this better...what I was trying to say was the CONCEPT of having kids be a villains isn't to much of a reach...HOWEVER having some random kid villains take out some of the strongest mutants in the MU is a completely OVER-reaching....hopefully that made my opinion more clear :)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @TenguMan8 said:
    @iLLituracy:
     @Jnr6Lil:   Weirdly I agree with both of you...the kid villains are okay (i guess) and aren't to much of a reach, however I think that regardless of how overconfident the x-men were being them losing is just to forced...  As far as the humans hating mutants thing that also seemed forced I mean mutants just had a museum made in their honor and the fact they were even allowed to speak at the U.N should count for something, it does seem irrational for people to all of a sudden try to attack all mutants solely because of one crazy mofo
    Didn't I just say he could've telepathically manipulated them?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iLLituracy

To use Sentinels? To what end? To set them against his own species? That's smart.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Damn, Marvel cant do anything these days. I have totally dropped all my Avenger related books because of the crap they where doing over there so I thought I would check whats happening over in the X area but it looks like its not much better over here ether.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WildStyle

Damn, I guess I'm the only one here who is digging it. None of the other events I've read this year are all that great. I find both Flash Point and Fear Itself simply okay. I think it's obvious something else is going to happen to make the X-Men split up.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    @iLLituracy said:
    To use Sentinels? To what end? To set them against his own species? That's smart.
    If he destroys all other mutants he can take over the Earth
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iLLituracy

Yeah, okay.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Baddamdog

I started off optimistic...but it's poo. The writing is making me annoyed. I'm all for kids in comics, but really now, they took down some of the most powerful mutants on the planet really easily. Plus look what they did to Quentin Quire!?!? Turned him into a bloody idiot! I really hope Grant Morrison isn't reading this! And I am so over Sentinels, they never pose any real threat, why should I be excited about the old 80's Sentinels showing up again? Plus it looks like this huge fight between Cyclops and Wolverine is going to be over something stupid.... but I will continue to read it... 

I'm more excited about the fall out then the actual Schism.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31  Edited By A-Strondinaire

I seem  to have overlooked this thread if i known that i would have brought my rant here so so sooner! I agree the children have to go. I mean come on they all remember how and what to do against each threat, know how to get these commodities, AND take down 5 X-Men and 3 giant beast earlier? I could barely remember to carry the one over a subtraction at that age. You can make me believe alot of things in comics especially Kitty getting murdered and resurrected and it just so happens to cure her intangible form, but this "Edgy kids to make them a real threat" will not fly. Power Pack may be kids but they aren't able to take down Dr. Doom, ,Magneto,Ultron, and/or Fin Fang Foom in a matter of 3 or 4 panels and if they even were able to beat them in a event that spanned for a year you better believe it was by a stronger intervention or the skin of their teeth.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Gambit1024

I hate the junior Hellfire Club.   

atfl4sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By atfl4sh
    @WildStyle said:
    Damn, I guess I'm the only one here who is digging it. None of the other events I've read this year are all that great. I find both Flash Point and Fear Itself simply okay. I think it's obvious something else is going to happen to make the X-Men split up.
    I'm really enjoying this too.  I think the kid supervillians are pretty believable (i mean its a comic book) and to someone's point earlier if there are kid superheroes, why not villains?  I thought the tension in the last issue was great; the whole Cyclops / Wolverine thing while they were racing to the museum.  IMO it was pretty riveting and I honestly had no clue how it was going to turn out.  Kade reminds me of the Joker in Dark Knight in a way; I loathe the guy but I have to give him credit for his evil genius.  You can definitely argue that Kade and his mini-villains defeat of the X-Men is forced, and that is my one (minor) complaint about the series so far.  The overconfidence of the X-Men was written really well tho so I can forgive it and roll with the story.

I also think mutant civil rights being a main focus is plausible.  I mean look at America today.  Minorities (most noticeably) blacks have been fighting for rights for dozens of years.  Sure, the height of the civil rights movement is long past, but there is still racial tension in our world today (hence the group's ongoing fight for civil rights).  

I'm pretty excited to see how the event ends.  At this point, I have no clue how things are going to turn out.  I just hope the schism is something HUGE and we aren't all let down in the end.  Two issues is plenty of time tho.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By lorex

I am trying to keep an open mind with Schism but the X-Men getting schooled by children strains even my ability to just accept what is happening as part of the story.  Also that of all the X-Men Wolverine is the one to emerge a a leadership alternative to 
    Cyclops, please. It just comes across as a sloppily contrived way to put more focus on Wolverine. Wolverine as a team leader does not feel like a natural evolution of the story but as an editorial decision, to maximize Wolverine while he is at the height 
    of his marketability.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I am having a blast!! more on that later, time for bed :D

Shamit656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shamit656

its badly written, i still cant see what could possibly cause the xmen to break up at this point. this is even worse than that curse of the mutants story 

Shrekpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shrekpop

I am just confused about the timeline by day they fight Juggernaut in Uncanny Fear by night they fight some kids do they never get any rest the poor mutants

Avatar image for deactivated-5b749253880e5
    deactivated-5b749253880e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

I think, at best, it should have been a pre-Rogue Adventures X-Men Legacystoryline, and not a remarkable one.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By AgeofHurricane

"Do what you feel you have to do" Schism was great for me until i read that, Cyclops is such a complete SONOFAB!@#$

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Oh and I still want to know what the big threat was that everyone had to prepare for in Prelude To Schism is and no it is NOT the Sentinels.

atfl4sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By atfl4sh
    @lorex said:
    I am trying to keep an open mind with Schism but the X-Men getting schooled by children strains even my ability to just accept what is happening as part of the story.  Also that of all the X-Men Wolverine is the one to emerge a a leadership alternative to  Cyclops, please. It just comes across as a sloppily contrived way to put more focus on Wolverine. Wolverine as a team leader does not feel like a natural evolution of the story but as an editorial decision, to maximize Wolverine while he is at the height  of his marketability.
    What do u mean? Wolverine is a great leader on X-Force.  Everyone looks up to him and trusts him.  I think he is a natural choice for the second leader.
    madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By madrid_san
    @WildStyle
    I like it too :) there are some things about the story that upsetted me (most powerful x-men should have put up a better fight despite the kids having major prep) but overall, it's coming together nicely :) plus they published my letter :D
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @lorex

QFT I feel the only reason Wolverine is a good leader for X-Force because it's a team of killers takes one to know one so of course he's going to be a good choice. He isn't any better than Cyclops is now. To me this would have made a lot more sense had Storm and Cyclops been the two differing ideaology's at least she wouldn't look like a huge hypocrite. It's mind boggling just how little things will change after this ends, Wolverine will just go back to making risky and worse Cyclop-esque decisions and will be back trying to klll others and expect others to change just for the sake of his new sidekick which is still calling the kettle black because you had taken many peoples innocence without a second glance and there are two other teen girls who could use your guidance just as much as idie there shouldn't be an expection for who you want to help.
    Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    No Caption Provided
    Wolverine is a hypocrite.  That's my biggest problem with Schism. This whole event feels forced.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By lorex
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7
    I agree Wolverine is just as big a hypocrite he claims Cyclops to be. Wolverine has been shown to be willing and able to kill when necessary. I would not call him bloodthirsty but capable of bloody ruthless action when necessary. Aside from the 
    X-Men getting beat by children (like some Japanese anime) it seems to me Schism is coming down to Wolverine not liking Cyclops decisions regarding some of the younger X-Men, such as Laura, Oya and others. This just strains credibility for 
    me, cause of Wolverines own actions in the past and his willingness to do what is necessary. If he really wanted to help he should have helped Oya come to grips with killing people like he has done in the past, and this it doesn't make her a 
    monster just that she has is able to do difficult things when necessary.
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    @lorex: Yeah, that's my problem with Schism so far, too. I don't see how this will split up the X-Men.
    VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VanAce

I like it but it is not amazing. The last two issue need to be pretty big to make this a great story otherwise it is Marvel talking up another event. Although I am interested in the fight fight between Cyclops and Wolverine will go down. 

Another plus for the series has been that it has been written to be pretty friendly to those who have to read much or any x-men.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
    No Caption Provided
    Wolverine is a hypocrite.  That's my biggest problem with Schism. This whole event feels forced.
    There are two Wolverines. 

There's the Wolverine that's a good character; he's flawed, he's in a constant state of flux, but he's always trying. 

Then there's the Fanboy Wolverine, the one Aaron and Way write; who's basically just Jesus with Claws. He can do no wrong, and anyone who disagrees with him is automatically incorrect and violating some law of political correctness.
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Pretty much. It's annoying too. Good characters like Wolverine are turning into different characters that are untouchable, unstoppable, and as you said, always correct and can't be questioned.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7: I have a theory on that, the current writers grew up as fans, unlike the old school writers (Kirby, Lee, Claremont, etc..) who were just creating and writing characters. The modern writers have their favourites, and like to write the characters as they see them, in other words, without flaws. Then with characters they don't like, they wind up accentuating the flaws and making them antagonistic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.