Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Schism So Far (opinions)

• 56 results
    Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I've been thinking about this too recently, and I came to a similar conclusion. It's easier for writers when they like the characters and story they're writing, but the problem is that they didn't create these characters or world. If a writer is more of a fanboy than a writer then they might neglect the things they don't like.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By jrock85
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: I have a theory on that, the current writers grew up as fans, unlike the old school writers (Kirby, Lee, Claremont, etc..) who were just creating and writing characters. The modern writers have their favourites, and like to write the characters as they see them, in other words, without flaws. Then with characters they don't like, they wind up accentuating the flaws and making them antagonistic.

That's not a theory--its a fact. However, its both the current writers and editors. Take Nick Lowe for example: he's on record as saying that Dani Moonstar is his favorite X-Man, and not only is she currently leading the New Mutants, she recently went toe-to-toe with Sugar Man despite not having her powers! I like Dani, but that was ridiculous. Fanboyism has been dominating the creative process of the X-Franchise for the better part of this decade, which is why there are so many jaded X-Men fans right now.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @jrock85
    You are so right. I read these comics and when i see favortism being played i just think about the episode of the simpsons when Lisa was talking to the creator of Ghost World and she was just praising him and he was like "yeah uh-huh, hey do you know anybody who writes for batman because I would love to take over" Everytime I saw Pixie enter a panel for no necessary reason (or when she's always in the X-Men "get ready to kick ass pose") I think of that scene and now when I think about it i'll think the same thing with Wolverine. And I'm very aware Carey is a Rogue fanboy but other characters don't suffer from it, I find myself more intrigued by Ariel, Hope, Paras, Frenzy, and Bling and thats what a good writers with a favorite character does I'm sure Claremont had a favorite I would like to think Cyclops the way he dragged him in each issue for no reason or Jean Grey the way he wanted keep her around after the Phoenix saga or how he kept dragging her in everyones conversation.
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By unicornpuncher
    @A-Strondinaire: I actually really wanted to see more story with Ariel.  Ive always loved her since fallen angels.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @unicornpuncher
    I did too i like her style she was spunky yet lady-like i keep thinking she ran off when the explosion hit.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By labarith
    @jrock85 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: I have a theory on that, the current writers grew up as fans, unlike the old school writers (Kirby, Lee, Claremont, etc..) who were just creating and writing characters. The modern writers have their favourites, and like to write the characters as they see them, in other words, without flaws. Then with characters they don't like, they wind up accentuating the flaws and making them antagonistic.

That's not a theory--its a fact. However, its both the current writers and editors. Take Nick Lowe for example: he's on record as saying that Dani Moonstar is his favorite X-Man, and not only is she currently leading the New Mutants, she recently went toe-to-toe with Sugar Man despite not having her powers! I like Dani, but that was ridiculous. Fanboyism has been dominating the creative process of the X-Franchise for the better part of this decade, which is why there are so many jaded X-Men fans right now.
    But Dani is awesome and sugarman is not.  Given that they have resisted the urge to repower her, when so many mutants were repowered fully (POlaris and Quicksilver) soon after being depowered... I think that shows remarkable restraint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.