Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Off My Mind: Do Spoilers Take Away The Fun?

• 63 results
    abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By abeyance

spoilers in comics dont really matter to me. Especially in DC comics where everything gets retconned. Also when the cover hints certain characters will die (ie Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, Batman) The characters normally get brought back to life or turn up alive somewhere. So I guess in a way spoilers are some pathetic attempts to draw more attention to whatever media source is involved. Except movies as the spoilers come from us viewers and not the director or writer.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Yumulu

Damn spolers! G-man you just ruined the bible for me :( Now that I know that that Jesus character die what the point.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By Erik

I want spoilers only when I am asking for them. So I think the spoiler function is perfect. 

ripper525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ripper525

cant stand spoilers. Ive even sworn off trailers due to the fact that they give you half the movie now

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Well, it depends. 

In comics, spoiler don't have really effect on me, unless the witing is really good, which is rarer novvadays. I keep my attention more on the structure of the story and the dialogue, because, when you buy an X-men or an Avenger book, the name only is a spoil by itself : you know what will be the theme of the story, and so on...  

In movie,  I try to keep me aways from the spoiler very badly, especially of I don't have mind of the story. I try to keep myself surprised and seeing the movie with a open mind. I try to do the same with books and TV show too. (At least with the first episode...)

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By DH69

jesus dies on page 681? im only on page 372!

but seriously spoilers never bother me, if they're good i cant wait to read the book, if they're bad it saves me from reading something i wont like.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pixelized
    @ripper525 said:
    " cant stand spoilers. Ive even sworn off trailers due to the fact that they give you half the movie now "
    How do you know whether to go see a movie or not, if not for the trailers?
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Caligula

when reviewing something then yes it should have spoilers, and at the beginning of the video you should inform people that it's going to contain spoilers, and then if they watch it's their own fault. and also if they haven't read it yet why watch a review? because people shouldn't live their lives off of others opinons, i say read the comic first then watch the review, so your own personal opinion is untainted going into it.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By -Eclipse-

I've actually managed to completely avoid all Iron Man 2 related spoilers. 

I found out after watching Incredible Hulk that the movie was kinda ruined by the amount of trailers. I'd already SEEN all the best bits of the movie. Even with Iron Man, I felt myself waiting for certain scenes to come up. When I went to see Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, however, I went in knowing nothing about the movie at all. Hadn't seen any trailers or even heard about it before. And I loved it. 

It's not just about people posting spoilers, sometimes the trailers spoil things too. So, until I go see Iron Man 2 on Monday, I refuse to give into my desire to click on the news articles and see what's what. I'm already doing the same with Thor. After that one teaser pic of Hemsworth as Thor, I don't plan on watching any trailers or reading any news.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I avoid spoilers all together. When I saw the announcement of someones death in Green Hornet #3, I avoided all the topics and even the solicits. If people want to post them, go for it, but I won't be looking if it's something I read. Just remember, the spoiler shouldn't be the title of your thread.

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Speedy92286

I don't mind spoilers, but I rather see what happens for myself. For example, I was eager to know who died in X-force 26, and when I found out who, I purposely got the book to see HOW this character went out. So sometimes spoilers are not bad, but in Final Fantasy 7 when Aeris died, my reaction was just like"well, good thing I took all my items off you" because I played the game a few years after it came out. So, yes spoilers can be a mood killer, but sometimes they make me want to go out and see exactly WHAT happens.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 00 Raiser

Depends on what it is and how much Im into it.

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By gui22

Marley...dies?Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.