Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

At least they got one thing right. ( ANXM 12 spoilers )

• 108 results
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: I don't see that about Emma at all. I don't see it as calling people on "sh**", I see it as misery loves company. When Cyclops and Emma speak to each other it just feels like he trying to convince himself of BS he spouts off trying to act "confident" but he acts more childish and arrogant than ever now.

mm. well, I don't really see it that way.

But what one takes away from dialogue can come down to preferences in style on some levels, so I can see how you would see it that way. Then again some people think that Cyclops and Emma have been written largely out of character for years, while I don't see it that way at all..

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@oldnightcrawler: It is just so plastic, if you can excuse the term. However the industry is drowning with plotters and thirsty for writers, so I guess it is what it is. Not every English major can write English dialogue convincingly, lol.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: It is just so plastic, if you can excuse the term. However the industry is drowning with plotters and thirsty for writers, so I guess it is what it is. Not every English major can write English dialogue convincingly, lol.

yeah. Even Claremont, who was great at making each character really feel like they had their own voice, didn't really write characters who spoke like any actual person I've ever met. I suppose it's for that sort of reason that I don't ever really expect characters in superhero comics especially to speak like actual people. I mean, I appreciate it when they do, but I think of Marvel characters as having their own linguistic peculiarities, fraught with awkward jargon, seemingly redundant explanations, and slang that is only ever used in the context of their genre.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Indeed. However I must confess I was fond of those who ACTUALLY spoke similar to those from different of the US or World. It inversely bothers me when they don't or saying something that a person from that locale would not say. Example Wolverine using british slang bothers me greatly, however Rahne speaking normally like an (average?) American does the same. Remy should be spouting french (cajun dialect) and Rogue and Sam need to say "Ah" instead of "I". We can't "hear" them so these things enhance my reading experience. Good post DG.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havoc1201 said:

i liked how we finally get to see someone throw the scarlet witch Genocide of the mutant race into the Avengers faces and how their excuse was "she was not in her right mind" and all the people that are agaisnt scott for killing one man as he is under the PF have no problem with Scarlet Witch being an Avenger. I love how the O5 are now leaning towards understanding the Scott is not the bad guy. And how Young Scott just cant believe that Scarlet Witch is an Avenger, i feel we will see Jean go with Cyclops.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. I must say, I was a little put off by how Jean called Wanda a murderer. I think it was stated that a few mutants might have died from losing their powers, but it's not like she set out to kill all the mutants. I do wonder if that distinction was made by Jean herself or came from her perception of Wanda's guilt. Wanda may have lost control of herself, but she has at least tried to make amends by destroying the Phoenix force; she's trying to make up for her mistakes, while Cyclops has yet to accept responsibility for making any.

I think Scott should only make up for his mistake when people start to praise him form bringing mutants back. I mean, He did more good than bad, the same can't be said about Scarlet witch...

Oh wait, I forgot, neither wanda or the avengers really wanted the mutants to came back. My bad I forgot.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Scott should only make up for his mistake when people start to praise him form bringing mutants back. I mean, He did more good than bad, the same can't be said about Scarlet witch...

Oh wait, I forgot, neither wanda or the avengers really wanted the mutants to came back. My bad I forgot.

You also forgot that Cyclops didn't bring the mutants back, he just took credit for it.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_beleco said:

You also forgot that Cyclops didn't bring the mutants back, he just took credit for it.

It was Scott who sheepherded the mutants during those dark days post-House of M. It was Scott's determination and tenacity that saw the mutant species survive. It was Scott who believed - without a shadow of a doubt - that Hope would undue what the Scarlet Witch had wrought. It was Scott who fought against all odds and all opposition to see his dream come to fruition.

If not for Scott, the re-birth of mutant kind would never have happened.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ultra_beleco said:

You also forgot that Cyclops didn't bring the mutants back, he just took

credit for it.

It was Scott who sheepherded the mutants during those dark days post-House of M. It was Scott's determination and tenacity that saw the mutant species survive. It was Scott who believed - without a shadow of a doubt - that Hope would undue what the Scarlet Witch had wrought. It was Scott who fought against all odds and all opposition to see his dream come to fruition.

If not for Scott, the re-birth of mutant kind would never have happened.

Wanda didn't destroy the Phoenix either that was Hope. Yes they said the words together but in the next panel the power leaves Hope and only Hope we don't see any chaos magic mixing with it. The Avengers planned to kill the Phoenix, Hope wanted Wolverine to kill her. If Cyclops didn't intervene then the mutant race would still be on the verge of extinction.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

???

You don't "kill the Phoenix" and you don't "destroy" it, either. :s :s :s

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.