Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

At least they got one thing right. ( ANXM 12 spoilers )

• 108 results
    Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Cyke got to meet his brother, it was good. And Jean tried to lash out against Wanda, but got owned by her. But at least now the O5 do start to understan what kind of situation the X-Men were put in, especially Jean. Which was long overdue. So chances of more of the team switching sides now that the picture is clearer to them, have increased.

The Mystique part was meh, IMHO. But the Artwork was good and Mystique & Lady Mastermind loked hot ;)

All-In-all good issue, but still not as good as UXM.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CTG

Overall good issue, but for the most part all it did was put a huge spotlight on the hypocrisy concerning Wanda and Cyclops.

"Wanda was insane at the time, so it's alright. However Cyclops was possessed by the Dark Phoenix, so everything he does is completely on him. Though we do always give Jean a pass when her Dark Phoenix self does stuff."

I was really hoping Bendis would address it since the two situations were addressed literally one page after the other. Ah well.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultra_beleco

For the first time I was able to relate to Jean in this book. I mean, one thing is know that Scarlet witch went genocidal. Another thing is connect to her mind and Feel what she felt. see what she saw when she said "no mopre mutants". Loved that scene, that also made me hate Wand a lot less.

Great issue, altough I still don't understand why Wolverine doesn't help the Avengers and just let Kitty take them back to the school. That would be more logical.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

Overall good issue, but for the most part all it did was put a huge spotlight on the hypocrisy concerning Wanda and Cyclops.

"Wanda was insane at the time, so it's alright. However Cyclops was possessed by the Dark Phoenix, so everything he does is completely on him. Though we do always give Jean a pass when her Dark Phoenix self does stuff."

I was really hoping Bendis would address it since the two situations were addressed literally one page after the other. Ah well.

Well it's not like anything is gonna be done about the hypocricy by either the X-Men or the Avengers lol. UXM still seems the better series overall.

If there's one thing I agree with Havok & the Avengers on, it's that the O5 need to get back to their time ASAP. They've worn their welcome out.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jg0587

Deleted my post bc im on my iPad and I messed up my responses... i responded to the wrong people, and it was just going to be really confusing with the incorrect quotes and such,

I'll re type it later when on my desktop :D

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587 said:

Deleted my post bc im on my iPad and I messed up my responses... i responded to the wrong people, and it was just going to be really confusing with the incorrect quotes and such,

I'll re type it later when on my desktop :D

CV sucks on iPad - no worries.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

For the first time I was able to relate to Jean in this book. I mean, one thing is know that Scarlet witch went genocidal. Another thing is connect to her mind and Feel what she felt. see what she saw when she said "no mopre mutants". Loved that scene, that also made me hate Wand a lot less.

yeah, but I was a little disappointed that, since Jean was actually seeing it through Wanda's eyes, she wasn't a little more sympathetic. To me that's a pretty out of character oversight.

The scenes between Cyclops and Havok were actually some of the most satisfying of the whole series so far, it's just a shame that the issue felt so light on story otherwise. I love the art in this book, and I have been enjoying this story, but it has suffered from light issues. That style might hold up better in a trade, but if something doesn't actually happen soon, I'll probably just drop it.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chasereis

@ctg said:

Though we do always give Jean a pass when her Dark Phoenix self does stuff

When did this occur?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#9  Edited By time1

why is Bendis letting people get the better of Jean Grey, I thought this was a Jean Grey title. First Emma and the cuckoo's, and now Scarlet witch. Disgusting much.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@ctg said:

This pretty much sums up what I wanted to say about the issue. It was the number one thing on my mind: oh snap, they're going to say "hey, if you let Wanda off for doing something not in her right mind, why not Scott?" Missed opportunity.

CV sucks on iPad - no worries.

Yeah it does.

@time said:

why is Bendis letting people get the better of Jean Grey, I thought this was a Jean Grey title. First Emma and the cuckoo's, and now Scarlet witch. Disgusting much.

What's disgusting is Jean's continued willingness to just invade people's minds.

Granted, she claims in the plane that she wasn't trying, that Wanda's mind was screaming it; though that raised a question for me, because it seemed to me that if Wanda constantly thinks of it, she's probably really regretful.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that no different to what Emma and Cuckoo's have done in the past and they are experience telepaths. The point Is Bendis return this young Jean Grey for a reason, when is he going to let things go her way. It seems he trying to make her look like a bad mutant at the school.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jg0587

@time: winning in the end is sweeter when you start off on the losing side, IMO. I think bendis is setting up the plot for a more satisfying "win" for Jean in the end.

If it is in fact intended for Jean to be the "Victor" when all is said and done, it makes sense for her to be getting knocked around early. It's much better to bloom late than early when it comes to stories, usually, and it'll make for more interesting drama and hardship along the way.

That's just a general writing technique, I think when it comes to writing characters - to make good guys start off on a dark path or a losing path.

My big thing I've been predicting is I think bendis will be using concepts and imagery of the dark/white Phoenix as metaphors. Jean being (maybe justifiably) unstable is a metaphor to the dark Phoenix... And at some point I think she'll begin the reversal back towards a morally/ethically righteous person who is also very skilled with her powers (white Phoenix of the crown).

If he does this he can capture the essence of the dark Phoenix saga without having the involve the cosmic firebird that just always makes the stories way too complicated. (Note that I said essence: I'm not contending this book will necessarily be anywhere near the legendary status of the DPS).

This could be way off of course, but looking at the cover for issue 13, so far it is heading in that direction: down a dark path for now, perhaps.

I think Jean Grey has many dark issues ahead of her before she begins becoming more like the adult JG.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587: I hope your right, I'm just getting annoyed with Bendis making other Mutants look better than her. I mean Emma and the cuckoo's were pretty bad but, Scarlet witch too.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Veitha
    @time said:

I think that Jean is far more interesting now while she's being beaten by everyone and while she isn't acting as "saint Jean", and losing a battle doesn't mean that a character is getting worse(I didn't get angry when Jean beat Emma in NXM, it was cool seeing an aspect of Emma that we'd never seen before, the same is happening here with Jean)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By time1

@veitha: Why do people keep on refering Jean Grey to a saint or some sacred crow, who actually made that up. The only X-Men characters I ever see speak that way about Jean Grey is Emma Frost and her Cuckoo's. Jean Grey never been a saint, she just not a spiteful mutant like Emma Frost. I don't mind Scarlet Witch getting the better of Jean Grey, but Emma and her cuckoo's, was abit disgusting. I see Emma and the cuckoo's as hypocrites.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jg0587

What Veitha says is exactly why I think bendis is actually very pro-jean.

The biggest complaint jean haters have said over the past decade or three is that she is too perfect/shallow/boring. The fact that he is writing things about jean that we've never really seen before (without dark Phoenix) shows he actually cares about developing the character.

So while it looks all bad now, I have a very strong feeling he is very pro jean and is doing this as a long term "investment" on the character; like planting seeds now to make the later issues seem even more awesome.

I'm a huge Jean fan myself, and the Emma and cuckoo scenes bothered me too at first - but don't let it. Jean has usually been "above" the petty Emma vs. jean stuff and I think it's still the same here too. There are a few exceptions where Jean did taunt back, I forget what books.

I mean we don't see Jean, a 16 year old girl, being insecure that she's fighting the woman who had an affair with future Scott; yet if you read uncanny xmen you see that Emma a grown woman, has (more than once In that series) brought up Jean Grey (a 16 year old girl) and expressed insecurity and jealousy.

I'm ok with Jean losing a duel with powers she JUST got; I think the fact that Emma asked the Cuckoos to tell her what Jean thinks about (in uncanny xmen) is pretty sad and disturbing - and plenty enough reason to have pride as a Jean fan.

Edit: I realized mg post seemed a bit anti-Emma at the end which stinks because I am an Emma fan too. I guess in all new xmen the series hasn't been out long so I don't have enough Emma content to balance out my post to seem more fair).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@veitha: Why do people keep on refering Jean Grey to a saint or some sacred crow, who actually made that up. The only X-Men character I ever see speak that way about Jean Grey is Emma Frost and her Cuckoo's. Jean Grey never been a saint, she just not a spiteful mutant like Emma Frost. I don't mind Scarlet Witch getting the better of Jean Grey, but Emma and her cuckoo's, was abit disgusting. I see Emma and the cuckoo's as hypocrites.

hahaha! yeah, I see your point there, but can you really even name an X-man who isn't a hypocrite?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@time: It's understandable that she gets beaten by others. She young weaker then she will become and early in her training.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587: Jean Grey never been boring or too perfect. She has some of the best powers and best relationships with all the X-Men. I just think Emma Frost fans think way, cause they like a character that is flawed and not a very nice.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I agree with you Jean isn't shallow or boring, but I can see why some people interpret it that way. It's just a reflection of different personalities.

Emma has a good side to her- unlike Jean she seems to only reveal her good side to people she's very close to though. I don't see either as better or worse; I just like Jean better. I can see why some people prefer Emma though.

I can tell you this: if jean was beating everyone she fought in all new xmen.0, and was getting her way in every scenario, the only people who would keep reading would be jean fans- then it'd probably get cancelled for not selling well. Her current characterization does kinda "hurt" in a way but its great for making her a more appealing character IMO

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

In other words, after the twelfth issue, All New X-Men has failed yet again to go in any distinguishable direction. Lolololol.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@jg0587: Jean Grey never been boring or too perfect. She has some of the best powers and best relationships with all the X-Men. I just think Emma Frost fans think way, cause they like a character that is flawed and not a very nice.

Jean Grey did become too perfect though that was why Morrison ended up killing her off. She never did anything that shocked or excited anyone in the later years. Other than Emma Frost was there anyone in the entire marvel Universe that DIDN'T like her? She was the ultimate telepath that no one could defeat and that couldn't be killed either because of the phoenix, that's why she decided to stay in the white hot room, Morrison had to come up with a reason for her to stay dead.

The reason this new Jean Grey is getting her ass handed to her is because she's inexperienced plain and simple. It took the original Jean years to master her powers is it really that shocking to see the Cuckoos beat her?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

I like Emma more, I guess, but I really do like both of them. I like how Jean's telepathy classically manifests in her personality as compassion and understanding, and I like how Emma's manifests as arrogance. Both make sense with their powers, and both make them interesting, sympathetic characters. I just personally find Emma more fun to read, of the two, because she's generally more of a shit disturber. But I really don't understand the mentality that people feel the need to hate one character because they like another; it just makes no sense to me.

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: How about Rogue, Kitty and Iceman.

ooh, you did make it harder..

Well, Rogue seems to hate Wanda for something she did when she lost control of her powers, which Rogue herself has done and regretted on more than one occasion. And there's her relationship with Magneto, who's done all sorts of crazy things even without losing control of his powers.

Kitty might be less hypocritical than most characters, but she still acted like she deserved to be on the X-men more than the New Mutants did, despite being younger than most of them, and not really that much more experienced.

Iceman has classically always looked down his nose at any member of the X-men who joined after the original team, despite the fact that he himself spent most of his career not even bothering to learn how to use his own powers, let alone having to step up and make the kinds of sacrifices other members have made.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@veitha: Why do people keep on refering Jean Grey to a saint or some sacred crow, who actually made that up. The only X-Men characters I ever see speak that way about Jean Grey is Emma Frost and her Cuckoo's. Jean Grey never been a saint, she just not a spiteful mutant like Emma Frost. I don't mind Scarlet Witch getting the better of Jean Grey, but Emma and her cuckoo's, was abit disgusting. I see Emma and the cuckoo's as hypocrites.

You meant to say Sacred Cow. And that was what Emma referred to Jean during the Gifted arc of Astonishing when the team thought that Benetech was using Jean to work on the cure.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@thegreyoutcastx: I don't see Emma or the Cuckoos as hypocrites at all. They aren't seen as "saints" and they don't expect to be seen as saints. They do what needs to be done to get their job done, and that includes making unethical decisions at times. When Jean ever did anything out of character people would blame the phoenix force, or how her powers are corrupting her and she would never take responsibility for her own actions.

That being said. I don't really like the fact that the Scarlet Witch gets excused for what she did to mutant kind. Especially now with the PF corrupting Cyclops. She gets excused for doing what she did but Cyclops for some reason isn't? I'd definitely like to see more of the O5 join Cyclops' crew. I mean, personally if I were them I'd find it odd how the Scarlet Witch was a fugitive, and a mutant terrorist, then turned Avengers, then killed her own teammates and decimated the mutant population, but now she's part of the Avengers, yet Cyclops who killed one man, even though he was under the influence of the Dark Phoenix, is the only person who deserves consequences.

Blah. I'm just not enjoying Marvel Comics at all since AvX. Nothing makes sense and the writing is horrible. Sad to say after many years of reading comics I'm probably going to be letting go of Marvel, it's just getting that bad.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other words, after the twelfth issue, All New X-Men has failed yet again to go in any distinguishable direction. Lolololol.

Pretty much

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time1

@osian2: To be fair Morrison kill of her cause he didn't like her, he also destroy her Marriage with Scott, cause he didn't like it and he found it boring.I also like to point out That Emma Frost is only main x-lady that no one really likes. All the other X-ladies are pretty close especially the main ladies. I also like to point out Emma Frost is only lady that feels that way about Jean Grey, she is this the only one who called her a sacred cow.

If we look at the other ladies, Storm and Rogue are kind and caring and Rogue used to be a bit feisty, but not anymore. Jubilee and Kitty at times can be feisty, but usually there pretty nice. Then there Psylocke who is a trained killer, but she not a bitch to anyone. So none of these ladies are that different to Jean Grey. Emma seems to be the only lady that is that different.

I also like to point out, has any other ladies done anything that is that exciting, has Emma done anything that is that exciting over last 9 years. Jean Grey was killed off cause Morrison didn't like her and marvel wanted to focus on Cyclops, which what happen. X-Men comics have just been about Scott Summers, which why comics have sucked. It's not shocking what The cuckoo's did Jean Grey, it was disgusting. None other x-ladies would allow that to happen. They wouldn't allow other students to attack a weaker student. All it show is how petty Emma Frost is.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By time1

@snyderman567: Your such a lame person, Care to explain why I am in the wrong, or you to lame to debate.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's not an unfair assessment, but it's not a flaw that bothers me that much as long as the issues are entertaining, which they mostly have been.

I really didn't expect this story to go on as long as it has, so I will admit that I'm starting to look foreword to seeing it wrapped up, but I can't say it hasn't been enjoyable.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Polarity

So when do the All New squad meet up with the Power Pack? I mean that's got to happen down the line. Maybe after Jean and Rachel meet.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I already have in your past threads.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snyderman567: that's on a different issue. This thread is about all new X-Men. Like I said before, to lame to debate. Come back to me, when you have real opinions.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@dernman said:

@time: It's understandable that she gets beaten by others. She young weaker then she will become and early in her training.

Yeah....pretty much this. Idk why people should assume young Jean needs to be treated as an unbeatable holy grail right now. She's already been a centerpiece in many issues of this series so far. She's telekinetically blasted back two teams of people when pissed off and was eventually telepathically pinned down by the Cuckoos. And today she started blasting Scarlet Witch around everywhere before Wanda turned the ground into goop or quicksand or whatever and people are complaining? I mean she's had the power for a week, has unlocked it a year early, is completely untrained (which the Cuckoos even mentioned) and the Cuckoos are by no means novices or light weights in telepathic battle. They are a skilled unit together and have no qualms about fighting dirty as well. And Scarlet Witch is by no means someone that should be overlooked either.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@time said:

It's called All-New X-MEN, not All-New Jean Grey. This is an O5 X-Men title. It's as much about Scott, Angel, Beast & Iceman as it is about Jean.

But well, now this title does seem a bit lightweight. Like a really, really long interlude lol.

@illyanarasputin :

I fully agree. The logical thing to happen after this issue is for the O5 to understand exactly why Cyke is doing what he is doing, and more of them to join his group. I mean, it's a clear-cut bias the Avengers have in favour of Wanda. If the O5 don't understand that yet, then theyre just too dumb to be in thise timeline anymore LOL

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@ageofhurricane said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about this issue. UXM is doing alot more than what ANXM does in a single issue. The events of the past 4 ANXM issues could be easily put into one issue. They have accomplished a whopping NOTHING by now lol. That is the one main drawback with this title. Other than that, the story and conversations are good, if not a bit lightweight.

@oldnightcrawler : Well that's what I really like about Iceman. He's literally too cool :P The guy just doesn't give a crap about anything. He's just too laid back lol. And I think you're confusing Bobby's humour for arrogance there. He was never spiteful or disrespectful to newer members ever. Actually he had a nice bond with Colossus & Nightcrawler as far as I remember...

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@osian2: To fair Morrison kill of her cause he didn't like her, he also destroy her Marriage with Scott, cause he didn't like it and he found it boring. So he didn't kill her off. I also like to point out That Emma Frost is only main x-lady that no one really likes. All the other X-ladies are pretty close especially the main ladies. I also like to point out Emma Frost is only lady that feels that about Jean Grey, she is this the only one who called her a sacred crow.

If we look at the other ladies, Storm and Rogue are kind and caring and Rogue used to be a bit feisty, but not anymore. Jubilee and Kitty at times can be feisty, but usually there pretty nice. Then there Psylocke who is a trained killer, but she a bitch to anyone. So none of these ladies are that different to Jean Grey. Emma seems to be the only lady that is that different.

I also like to point has any other ladies done anything that is that exciting, has Emma done anything that is that exciting over ladies 9 years. Jean Grey was killed off cause Morrison didn't like her and marvel wanted to focus Cyclops, which what happen. X-Men comics have just been about Scott Summers, which why comics have sucked. It's not shocking what The cuckoo's did Jean Grey, it was disgusting. None other x-ladies would allow that to happen. They wouldn't allow other students to attack a weaker student. All it show is how petty Emma Frost is.

Loading Video...

Morrison didn't like her because she was too perfect and powerful. Realistically who could challenge her? Even when their marriage was destroyed it was because Scott cheated on her even though Jean and Logan have been flirting and kissing for years. Jean was easily the most likely to have an affair but she came out as the victim. To an extent Emma is right in calling Jean a sacred cow. Like I said everybody loves Jean Grey and they NEVER say anything bad about her at all Logan even named the school after her.

Emma Frost may not be liked by the other x-ladies but that's what helps create drama. If everyone got along all the time then it would be pretty boring. Yes the other X-ladies are nice like Jean Grey but they still have other sides to them. Rogue is sometimes a loner, Storm sometimes acts like a queen and pacifist, Jubilee can be immature. Jean is just always nice and if she ever does get angry at someone it's usually their fault.

Again Morrison killed her off because Jean was a character that had no stories left, she had finally gained control of her powers, she was married and set to run the school. Either he repeated earlier stories where she lost control, killed her or made her do something completely out of character. Emma has made the comics interesting because of her villainous past. It was never clear whether she was truly loyal to the X-men. Rogue finally mastered her powers and became a darker character in some aspects. Storm married Black Panther and became Queen of Wakanda. All of these made for interesting reads.

It wasn't disgusting what the cuckoos did at all. Jean was reading every ones minds like she had a right to do so. Even when Kitty told her not to she carried on anyway. The cuckoos taught her a lesson that needed learning.

The end point is that Jean has become too perfect. Nobody can match her power level. She is liked by everyone and that's what causes problems.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: I don't see Emma or the Cuckoos as hypocrites at all. They aren't seen as "saints" and they don't expect to be seen as saints. They do what needs to be done to get their job done, and that includes making unethical decisions at times. When Jean ever did anything out of character people would blame the phoenix force, or how her powers are corrupting her and she would never take responsibility for her own actions.

That being said. I don't really like the fact that the Scarlet Witch gets excused for what she did to mutant kind. Especially now with the PF corrupting Cyclops. She gets excused for doing what she did but Cyclops for some reason isn't? I'd definitely like to see more of the O5 join Cyclops' crew. I mean, personally if I were them I'd find it odd how the Scarlet Witch was a fugitive, and a mutant terrorist, then turned Avengers, then killed her own teammates and decimated the mutant population, but now she's part of the Avengers, yet Cyclops who killed one man, even though he was under the influence of the Dark Phoenix, is the only person who deserves consequences.

Blah. I'm just not enjoying Marvel Comics at all since AvX. Nothing makes sense and the writing is horrible. Sad to say after many years of reading comics I'm probably going to be letting go of Marvel, it's just getting that bad.

Not sure why this was addressed to me. lol

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Morrison's Jean was the definitiveJean Grey-Summers.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I LOVED the Jean/Wanda revelation... way to bring out old skeletons from the closet!

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GonnaRain

All things considered, I really liked this chapter, and I really liked Jean here, and this coming from a huge Emma fan. The owning the Avengers part was nice, but the highlight was the revelation of Scarlet Witch's massacre over the Mutant population. I like Wanda, I really do, but I found it incredibly funny how she said "she was not conscious when that happened", but Scott is still persecuted for killing one man when he was possessed by the Dark, DARK, freaking Phoenix.

Hypocrisy is the Avengers main strength for sure, because the investigating part is quite missing there. Of course they would need to talk with Wolverine about the crimes they're being charged with, but he looked so sure that they were responsible or at least involved, because there aren't many Telepaths, Illusionists or Shapeshifter's in the Marvel Universe, of course not, and Lady Mastermind's recent escape from Jail is obviously not involved...

Avengers plz.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was when I first actually started to find her interesting. After reading about her for ten years, that was the first time she didn't seem especially dull. I mean, I liked her well enough before that; she was pleasant, sympathetic, sort of tragic.. but I never found her actually interesting until Morrison's run.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eeshaan1685

All things considered, I really liked this chapter, and I really liked Jean here, and this coming from a huge Emma fan. The owning the Avengers part was nice, but the highlight was the revelation of Scarlet Witch's massacre over the Mutant population. I like Wanda, I really do, but I found it incredibly funny how she said "she was not conscious when that happened", but Scott is still persecuted for killing one man when he was possessed by the Dark, DARK, freaking Phoenix.

Hypocrisy is the Avengers main strength for sure, because the investigating part is quite missing there. Of course they would need to talk with Wolverine about the crimes they're being charged with, but he looked so sure that they were responsible or at least involved, because there aren't many Telepaths, Illusionists or Shapeshifter's in the Marvel Universe, of course not, and Lady Mastermind's recent escape from Jail is obviously not involved...

Avengers plz.

Well I think it is deliberate. Bendis knows this and is just delberately throwing the hypocrisy at us. Wether to make us hate Avengers even more, I dunno lol. I mean, how the hell can they NOT be called out on this, unless Bendis is building-up for some serious backlash at the Avengers ? It's blatant as hell lol

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED the Jean/Wanda revelation... way to bring out old skeletons from the closet!

Dude it was not that old. Even AvX barely ended. And the buck does stop all the way back at Wanda.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: The problem is that I don't want to hate the Avengers, and I know it's probably all part of the plot, but IMO is just to much already with all the hypocritical comments and/or actions from the Avengers. I do believe that Mutants and Avengers would work excellent together, and that's why I can applaud the UA's intentions, even though they're doing a terrible job as of right now, specially Havok.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@snyderman567: Your such a lame person, Care to explain why I am in the wrong, or you to lame to debate.

There, there...

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

I haven't read the issue but the way I justify Scarlet Witch's persecution of Cyclops' despite their similar situation is that she is trying really hard to make amends. Meanwhile, what is Cyclops doing? Continuing to drive a wedge between human and mutant? He has often said that he feels bad about his actions while posessed but it doesn't show in his actions. Wanda is trying to change for the better while Scott is largely staying the same as he was before. That's the difference I see in Wanda's and Scott's situations.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@time said:

Well, as many people said in this thread before me, she was too perfect and everyone considered her this way, it is difficult to find a flaw with her and when she made any mistake all her fellas considered her as the victim( as @osian2said). And, quoting @illyanarasputin, Emma and the Cuckoos aren't true hypocrites, they just don't care at all about what they do and what the others think(and this is one of the reason I find Emma more interesting than Jean, she's got many flaws and she isn't a saint, and this makes her a lot more readable to me). I don't think that Bendis hates her, she's just showing another side of Jean(and it's the first time I find her so interesting, so he's doing a great job if he gets a Jean-hater(lol) to like her), the same can be said for Morrison, I think that he truly loved Jean(most of his stories and plots revolved around her) but she, like Sentry or other omnipotent characers, had become to difficult to write and, quoting again Osian2, she had no flaw and she had a perfect relationship with every character, making her far less interesting than people like Wolverine or Emma, who were true wildcards. Now Bendis is doing a great job making Jean more interesting IMO, and loosing a battle doesn't mean that she's worse than before(and remember that she's just too young and she has no skills with her powers).

I agree with both these replies. Even if I like this title, Bendis is running circles lol there's been no plot up to now and Mystique's storyline is going nowhere. Uncanny on the other hand has already got a good plot.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

I thought it was kind of sad and pathetic what Emma did. She told the Cuckoos to keep going because she wanted to teach her a lesson. My a** she likes seeing Jean in pain or suffering. It makes sense they beat her though. Emma is just petty its sad because this is young Jean she hasn't done anything to Emma...yet. I'm just going to keep reading and waiting for the moment when Jean gains more control over her powers and woops all the sorry asses that did her wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.