Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8882 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WW Origins

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't really be surprise if Diana was around during big historical events in Ancient Greece like Peloponnesian War or the Persian War or Alexander the Great conquest during the Hellenistic Period. WW with her Origin you can do anything because her origin in general is kinda a mystery itself. I am surprised writers haven't made a Batman Year One or Secret Origins tale or Long Halloween type tale with WW meeting and interacting with the Olympians for the first time like a origin story of her participating during the Homers Illaid.

Would be nice to have a Origin tale of Diana helping Odyssey and meeting Circe for the first time ( Like her real version were she is the Daughter of Hecate and Helios cause in every version in Greek Myth her father is always Helios , I have said many times Circe has potential to be the female equivalent of Loki)

What would be cool is the first time Diana met Ares was during Homers Iliad , when Ares came down a laid waste to the armies of Greece before Athena wounded him ( make were Ares was wounded by Diana who was given some of Athena's power hell the reason why Diana is there because Athena wanted Diana to be her champion during the Iliad.

Whats do you guys think?

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By whygamespot

i think it would be great. the thing is that in new52 she's just like, what, 23?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She says in one of the earlier issues of WW that she is 23 years old, so no.

Plus, just putting her in Classical Greek myths and histories seems kind of cheap like Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess where they butchered myths to fit them into those crappy shows. I'd rather writers do something new with the mythical characters rather than "Diana fights Ajax", "Diana hangs out with Oedipus", or "Diana trains Achilles"

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: The reason why because it was never done well it can be done well, God of War series is its own story with Krato's interacting with the Olympians. Diana doesn't have to train with Achilles which is weird why would she when in the Iliad Athena never gave Achilles help and Athena usually champions Diana so no. Original stories with Greek Gods are hard to pull off cause lets face it its never been done well IMO.

Doesn't mean she cant participate in the event of the Iliad makes sense for her too because of the Olympians heavy influence during the Trojan War in Myth with gods choosing sides. Plus this isn't New 52 stuff this is out of continuity or if DC does another reboot. I am just saying original Greek myth stories aren't that great either matter a fact they suck only one that came close is the God of War franchise and that's it.

Her helping Odyssey already makes a great origin for how Diana first met Circe, but she doesn't need to help Odyssey she just happens to be in Circe palace since Circe had close connections with the Amazonian before hating her later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.