Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

who does wonder woman love BATMAN OR SUPERMAN

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tbh I think Orion would be the better love interest for her than Batman, Superman or Steve in New 52.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#302  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think they should let Wonder Woman date a chick. Logically she's probably bisexual.

I find all of 3 of her relationships with Steve, Bruce and Clark underwhelming. Steve is just boring and I really do not like Bruce or Clark on professionalism alone, not even getting into the other things

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By TazzMission

why does it matter? she should be a lesbian i mean she does come from a island of only women who dont allow plus hate men and her amazonian sisters believe men are over all bad people. if that isnt a small indication of lesbianisim i dont know what is

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this such a popular thread?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree that Wonder Woman is her own character and should not keep being tossed around between love interests like some kind of prize. Like with all relationships, both people should be equal.

I grew up with the Justice League cartoon and the Obsidian Age comics and other comics around that time, so I admit I like Batman and Wonder Woman being together. I felt they had a real connection and understanding of each other and neither necessarily overshadowed the other. I just like it.

For the New-52, I do not have a real problem with the romance of Superman and Wonder Woman, given that that the new (albeit messy) continuity set it up well enough.

I do know that neither will ever last in canon. Superhero comics are meant to keep going on forever and for a full ongoing romance between any two of the big three would mean that the two heroes titles would have to permanently become one until the characters were broken apart. Love interests in most superhero comics, or at least the ones that last, are the characters that were built up around that hero. Lois Lane ends up with Superman because no one else is going to be using that character outside of ways that she'd fit into the world of Superman. Sue Storm ends up with Reed Richards because they were built around each other and meant to end up together. Same with other characters like Mary Jane and Steve Trevor. They exist in their respective universes only because of the hero they are connected with and those connections have no chance of the hero being anything other than the main focus. Crossover romances tend not to last because then neither big hero is able to be the 100% center of attention.

Thankfully we'll always have elseworld stories and really f**ked up fan-fiction.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By carterleavyy
    No Caption Provided

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Di and Clark are just puppy love types...the kind of friend you date for a bit before realizing they're a better sister or a brother than a lover.

Di and Bruce have not really had a chance to blossom as of yet, ultimately I could see a relationship with Bruce prove healthy enough so as to prepare her for more mortals down the line like Steve

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: I generally stay out of the love life discussions, I honestly don't have much of a preference on who she dates, or IF she dates ... But I'm not sure BM is capable of having a healthy relationship with any woman. He's married to his mission so I can't see him ever putting a relationship first. That's not a bad thing, it's just who the character is ... To be honest that's probably why I don't think any of them need to have love lives that are more than in passing fancies ... Eventually it only hurts them.

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@zarius: I generally stay out of the love life discussions, I honestly don't have much of a preference on who she dates, or IF she dates ... But I'm not sure BM is capable of having a healthy relationship with any woman. He's married to his mission so I can't see him ever putting a relationship first. That's not a bad thing, it's just who the character is ... To be honest that's probably why I don't think any of them need to have love lives that are more than in passing fancies ... Eventually it only hurts them.

This

Note: IMO BM & WW doesn't look like a good fit, but I'm sure some Batmam fanboys will disagree. So this endless debate is a battle of egos between Batman & Superman fans to see who get's the trophy and Wonder Woman is unfortunately caught in cross fire, having no one really caring about the best interest of Wondy. If you see more people say they prefer BM over Supes it's due to more people liking BM over SM... and that's keeping it simple.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Note: IMO BM & WW doesn't look like a good fit, but I'm sure some Batmam fanboys will disagree. So this endless debate is a battle of egos between Batman & Superman fans to see who get's the trophy and Wonder Woman is unfortunately caught in cross fire, having no one really caring about the best interest of Wondy. If you see more people say they prefer BM over Supes it's due to more people liking BM over SM... and that's keeping it simple.

I do, I care about Wonder Woman that's why it makes me sad that she beds the man in whose shadow she walks

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#312  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@foamborn said:

I do, I care about Wonder Woman that's why it makes me sad that she beds the man in whose shadow she walks

I have to agree with foamborn here, while romances in comic books seem rather frivolous, they are actually very important into the development of the characters and impacts the writers ability to tell a good story. Her relationships with Batman and Superman have done nothing to benefit Diana and some do believe that it has damaged the character. The OP's question just makes it seem as though she's a trophy to be won by Batman or Superman. So I think that a fanbase should speak out if they feel as though the most iconic female character has been marginalized by a particular pairing.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: I think that's a bit of a dramatization to be honest. She's gained a ton of exposure by being paired with SM and has been included in dozens more comic issues because of it. No true fan would think less of the character simply because she is in a relationship ... She's friggin Wonder Woman she doesn't walk in his shadow unless you are too immature to realize a woman can be strong and powerful and still be capable of being feminine. Drives me nuts when people judge her based on simplistic "power scale" measures. Her love life and her status as the preeminent female super hero have nothing to do with each other.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@csg_cl said:

@youknowwhattodo: I think that's a bit of a dramatization to be honest. She's gained a ton of exposure by being paired with SM and has been included in dozens more comic issues because of it. No true fan would think less of the character simply because she is in a relationship ... She's friggin Wonder Woman she doesn't walk in his shadow unless you are too immature to realize a woman can be strong and powerful and still be capable of being feminine. Drives me nuts when people judge her based on simplistic "power scale" measures. Her love life and her status as the preeminent female super hero have nothing to do with each other.

To be fair, I never actually said that I thought less of her or that she was in Superman's shadow, I was just saying that there are reasons for fans to take into account romantic relationships because they are a big part of the character development and in that way I was agreeing with Foamborn because fans should care. Trust me when I say that there have been relationships that actually taken characters backwards in development. I'm not quite sure if SM/WW is taking her backwards, but I don't think that it has taken her forwards, because while exposure is a good thing (most of the time) there needs to be more for me to view a pairing as mutually beneficial to the development of both characters.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, I never actually said that I thought less of her or that she was in Superman's shadow, I was just saying that there are reasons for fans to take into account romantic relationships because they are a big part of the character development and in that way I was agreeing with Foamborn because fans should care. Trust me when I say that there have been relationships that actually taken characters backwards in development. I'm not quite sure if SM/WW is taking her backwards, but I don't think that it has taken her forwards, because while exposure is a good thing (most of the time) there needs to be more for me to view a pairing as mutually beneficial to the development of both characters.

I obviously agree with you, contrary to the popular notion that all PR is good PR, some PR is actually deleterious in the long haul. Wonder Woman would've been better off without Matt Wagner's, Frank Miller's, Mark Millar's, Bruce Timm's, Tom Taylor's (..) and obviously Soule's contribution to the character in many best-selling fan-favorite novels. Female characters in comic books are like the Amazons in Greek Myth, strong fearless women that were created to glorify Athenian heroes, they existed to be conquered. The Romans compared their vanquished enemies to strong stubborn women that resist but eventually submit to the will of men. Likewise, Marvel and DC often pride themselves in having strong female characters but then each is associated with a stronger, more intelligent man so we're back to men>women.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take Supes and WW off the table for a second and just highlight one important fact. Batman will never have a serious long term relationship, Catwoman will they won't they at best for Batman, back ground characters for Bruce Wayne.

You may as well ask for Batman to be written as a happy go lucky type of fellow.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: it's no more detrimental to WW than to SM ... Lots of nonsense floats around that there is some great conspiracy to use this relationship to harm WW, feminism and women in general. To be honest, neither character gains much from this relationship in terms of character development. They both gain from the added exposure despite less than perfect characterization.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: put the thesaurus down and get a clue. DC and Marvel are not stupid enough to deliberately damage their own characters in some anti-feminist crusade. Only a totally ignorant person would leap to such a conclusion.

Batmaniac007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@foamborn: put the thesaurus down and get a clue. DC and Marvel are not stupid enough to deliberately damage their own characters in some anti-feminist crusade. Only a totally ignorant person would leap to such a conclusion.

And that person's you. You jumped to the conclusion that I jumped to a conclusion that I didn't jump to at all. I know an anti-feminist crusader, you.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Aros001

@csg_cl: @foamborn: @youknowwhattodo: If I may interject something here, it seems people tend to have issues with any superheroine dating outside of their own comic, though especially Wonder Woman, for the reasons of 1. they get viewed as a trophy for that hero and 2. being with another big hero makes it seem like the female character is no longer standing on her own merit, but just standing in the shadow of the male hero.

1. I liked the romances of Batman/Wonder Woman (and Spider-Man/Ms. Marvel) not because it would make Batman (or Spidey) look good if it happened, but because I liked the characters themselves and build-up to the relationship made me think they actually did have chemistry and added something to the other.

2. No big hero stands completely on their own merit. All the big hero got to where they are today because they were continuously built up by their supporting cast and that includes their love interests. Lois defined Superman just as much as he did her. Steve Trevor helped bring Wonder Woman to the world. Taila and Catwoman have greatly defined Batman. Relations between big heroes also define said heroes. And just because the main heroes date each other does not mean that they are any less than the person they were before, unless the writer of the story is just re-writing them to "look pretty, shut-up, and make sure I rescue you later". For the most part, when it comes to the main Pre-New 52 and current continuity, the romantic relations between any of the big three in DC tend to be done with respect to both characters (not so much in most Elseworld stories).

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, Batman was a fling in itself Pre 52. Clark married Diana in the future and both of them share more in common than Bruce. Even in pre 52, DIana held feelings for Clark despite him still loving Lois.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: and you jump because I said jump ... I'm not anti-feminist, if you had the first clue what feminism WAS you'd shut that gaping pie hole of yours.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I don't have any issues with super hero dating. I just don't care to have entire story lines devoted to nothing BUT the relationship aspect of it. SM/WW makes sense to me, but I get bored with it quickly too

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@aros001: I don't have any issues with super hero dating. I just don't care to have entire story lines devoted to nothing BUT the relationship aspect of it. SM/WW makes sense to me, but I get bored with it quickly too

Well, that's fair. Some people are more into the romance and some aren't. I myself like seeing the characters interact off each other and how the relationship goes, but everyone is entitled to their opinion as well as what they do/don't like.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: like I said, I don't mind it as part of the overall story ... I just dint like when it's the whole story.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#327  Edited By amazing_webhead

Depending on the writer, she could love any of the other 3 Superfriends

No Caption Provided

...But usually none of them can get past the Super-Friendzone!

Loading Video...

I think the question is does Superman and Batman love each other

No Caption Provided

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I wouldn't doubt this.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

If I may interject something here, it seems people tend to have issues with any superheroine dating outside of their own comic, though especially Wonder Woman, for the reasons of 1. they get viewed as a trophy for that hero and 2. being with another big hero makes it seem like the female character is no longer standing on her own merit, but just standing in the shadow of the male hero.

1. I liked the romances of Batman/Wonder Woman (and Spider-Man/Ms. Marvel) not because it would make Batman (or Spidey) look good if it happened, but because I liked the characters themselves and build-up to the relationship made me think they actually did have chemistry and added something to the other.

2. No big hero stands completely on their own merit. All the big hero got to where they are today because they were continuously built up by their supporting cast and that includes their love interests. Lois defined Superman just as much as he did her. Steve Trevor helped bring Wonder Woman to the world. Taila and Catwoman have greatly defined Batman. Relations between big heroes also define said heroes. And just because the main heroes date each other does not mean that they are any less than the person they were before, unless the writer of the story is just re-writing them to "look pretty, shut-up, and make sure I rescue you later". For the most part, when it comes to the main Pre-New 52 and current continuity, the romantic relations between any of the big three in DC tend to be done with respect to both characters (not so much in most Elseworld stories).

Female characters don't get "viewed as" anything that they're not effectively portrayed as, usually as less than whatever male hero they're associated with. This was the case for Wonder Woman before they even launched this relationship which contrary to your insinuation, treats Wonder Woman and the fans with absolutely no respect.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@aros001 said:

If I may interject something here, it seems people tend to have issues with any superheroine dating outside of their own comic, though especially Wonder Woman, for the reasons of 1. they get viewed as a trophy for that hero and 2. being with another big hero makes it seem like the female character is no longer standing on her own merit, but just standing in the shadow of the male hero.

Female characters don't get "viewed as" anything that they're not effectively portrayed as, usually as less than whatever male hero they're associated with. This was the case for Wonder Woman before they even launched this relationship which contrary to your insinuation, treats Wonder Woman and the fans with absolutely no respect.

the problem isn't how powerful a female character may or may not be ... it's the fact that you believe they are "associated" with a male hero. It's one of the reasons WW is who she is ... she's NOT associated with a male hero and never has been. She has her own origin, her own solo title, her own supporting cast ... none of which are associated with any other hero, much less a male. She could be less powerful than spiderman and she would still be amazing simply because she is her own character. She doesn't need to beat SM in an arm wrestling match to be powerful. Disgruntlement is your problem, not all her fans need her to be an unstoppable powerhouse.

You choose to make the association a negative, it's only that way because of your simplistic view of the stories presented.

RandyPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allow me to answer your question with another question:

Loading Video...

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither. Am I one of the only people who see's DC's trinity as a sibling kind of thing? They all look alike and I've always seen Supes and Diana as a brother-sister relationship, but then SM/WW happened.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By CSG_CL

I don't dislike the SM relationship, especially since they are portrayed as younger in this universe. But I don't think she needs to love either SM or BM romantically. I agree with the sibling relationship being stronger

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both

Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Batman. Superman is too dumb to get a chick like Wonder Woman.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkamazonknight
    DarkAmazonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman should be with Batman.

She and Superman is very obvious and it seems forced.They lack the chemistry BMWW has.Bruce and Diana are perfect for each other.They balance each other like a yin-yang symbol and their chemistry is awesome.

An Amazon Warrior and a Dark Knight....a true love

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

She shouldn't love either. I'd much rather he find love with some else for a change. The only reason people say Batman is because of the Animated shows. But really it was sloppy, she had no real reason to like him.

Avatar image for barbaragordonakaoracle
    BarbaraGordonakaOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always loved BmWW because they where the first DC couple I got into.besides Dick/Babs.So I got to say Batman;)

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Lesbian time tbh

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, she loves everyone now doesn't she?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer her with Clark for Bruce is in love with Bruce. Nothing gets in the way of his revenge.

Clark and Diana are more like soul mates or twin flames. You just get the idea they belong together. They would be awesome as a family.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By NYBreezy

I prefer her with Clark for Bruce is in love with Bruce. Nothing gets in the way of his revenge.

Clark and Diana are more like soul mates or twin flames. You just get the idea they belong together. They would be awesome as a family.

No Caption Provided

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True Bruce is obsessed with his mission but that creates drama between them which is important in a fictional romance. It can be played out with both characters, Diana struggles with being in a relationship with someone who has difficulty showing emotion, while Bruce struggles with balancing his mission and his relationship and trying to show his emotions.

With Clark and Diana, this appearance of them being a match is artificial. The writers intentionally created the likenesses between them to create this image of them being soulmates by giving them both like personality traits, teasing them even when Clark was married to Lois. Writers can easily make them as unlike each other as possible if they choose.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

True Bruce is obsessed with his mission but that creates drama between them which is important in a fictional romance. It can be played out with both characters, Diana struggles with being in a relationship with someone who has difficulty showing emotion, while Bruce struggles with balancing his mission and his relationship and trying to show his emotions.

With Clark and Diana, this appearance of them being a match is artificial. The writers intentionally created the likenesses between them to create this image of them being soulmates by giving them both like personality traits, teasing them even when Clark was married to Lois. Writers can easily make them as unlike each other as possible if they choose.

it really comes down to writing and anybody even the joker can be a match for anybody but the ease of the writing and that match is far better with Clark and Diana and may I add a story I pay money to read. Batman on the other hand I would pass up. Not saying somebody else would not like that story more power to them. I however find the story of Clark and Diana one that could push the boundaries of imagination and give me a great book to read or in the case of Superman and Wonder Women gives me a great book to read month after month. This couple is amazing and can only get better.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK i grew up with JL and JLU and in the pre new 52 universe they were way better together, a batman very dark but he would die for anyone or do anything to complete his objetives, and Superman was too much of a very good guy. Now dc has a little more darker Superman, and batman well... Internet Access Blocked. I'm gonna leave this and jump from there to this.Internet Access Blocked plus in the pre new 52 dc Wonder Woman was a more warlike warrior than now. 3081532-3192115192-12465.jpg (900×1417). I see bruce wayne in a much better relation ship with Selena Kyle or maybe dc's Talia Al Gul.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No one. No one.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither she should have her own love interest that isn't in the league

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.