Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8882 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Better Wonder Woman: DCAU or Animated New-52?

• 102 results
    ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Better Wonder Woman: DCAU or Animated New-52? (119 votes)

DCAU 69%
    Animated New-52 31%

Which incarnation of this amazon was/is portrayed better?

or

• 
    tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither both are horrid representations.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ganon15

@tigerkaya: Surely you must find one less horrid than the other

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@tigerkaya: Surely you must find one less horrid than the other

Nope both have been an utter disappointment one is either another arm candy of women Batman has banged and the other is just an arm candy to Super Jock and is an otherwise meathead warrior persona with none of Diana's original charm other than screaming "Warrior's rage!!".

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a Batman/WW shipper

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I ship for neither, keep that crap in your 4chans and fanfics.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I found DCAU to be better portrayed in terms of VA and characterization. But in terms of power and design, I like current New 52 animated Diana better.

Truth be told, I prefer either Diana from S/B: A or her own own animated feature.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found DCAU to be better portrayed in terms of VA and characterization. But in terms of power and design, I like current New 52 animated Diana better.

Truth be told, I prefer either Diana from S/B: A or her own own animated feature.

Eh, I thought she was too punch-happy in S/B: A. Instead of attacking Kara and Clark she should've just asked them about taking Kara for training. The 2009 movie and Crisis on Two Earths were the best animated versions of her imo.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@ganon15: To each their own I guess. I liked her portrayal on COTE, but imo her Supes/Bats is a personal fave of mine probably because of her fight with the Furies. I was disappointed though that Diana didn't show up during DS's ambush in Smallville like in the comic. Plus, the movie was loosely based on the Supergirl story arc, and in said arc Wonder Woman and Artemis do come and take Kara away, despite Clark's protests.

No Caption Provided

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ganon15

@saint_sophie said:

@ganon15: To each their own I guess. I liked her portrayal on COTE, but imo her Supes/Bats is a personal fave of mine probably because of her fight with the Furies. I was disappointed though that Diana didn't show up during DS's ambush in Smallville like in the comic. Plus, the movie was loosely based on the Supergirl story arc, and in said arc Wonder Woman and Artemis do come and take Kara away, despite Clark's protests.

No Caption Provided

It was definitely one of her best ever scenes in animation. But she had even more epic scenes in COTE i.e. beating the crap out of Superwoman, Olympia, Owlman.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: I'd agree, hehe beating Owlman, but I'm surprised though that Superwoman was a Marvel and not Diana though.

Avatar image for wondermanhunter
    WonderManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it'd have to be the DCAU version, despite both of them being terrible portrayals of her character I felt that the DCAU version had the better personality but perhaps that's because the series had more hours and therefore more time to show it. The DCAU version was a badass and even the writers said that about her however she was also a strategist and had moments of compassion, the romance was better too, mainly because it seemed to come from mutual respect rather than having Diana act like a lovestruck moron.The New 52 AU version gets her character completely wrong for me, she acts like an aggressive bitch who's obsessed with stabbing stuff and when she's not acting like this awful Thor clone she's making puppy eyes for the worst animated romance I've ever seen, the romance was literally carried out through essentially saying "Hey we're both really strong, we should totally bang!" erghh.

Power wise I was happy with both though, the portrayal in War was awesome and I'd say she was the most impressive character in that movie, not only did she lead the charge on Darkseid and stab his eye out but he also saw her as the biggest threat out of those characters and went after her in a beat down that she casually recovered from and carried on fighting. The DCAU version was also one of the most badass characters on that show and one of the most powerful members of that league, not only did she give Superman,Bizarro and others a beat down but I will always remember the finale of the first season and when everyone's captured by the thanagarians and Wonder Woman is just like "well I guess it's up to me" and frees herself then others and continues to lay the smack-down on people as she's doing it. Grudgematch was also a highlight for me because watching Hawkgirl,Vixen,Black Canary and Huntress get beaten to a pulp whilst barely even managing to scratch her was hilarious.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: made more sense within the plot to have her be a Marvel ... The whole mob/family parallel they were drawing in that film played into the Marvel Family so it worked better. They could have done Amazons, but IMO the Marvel Family worked well for this.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was a marvel? Where did you find that?

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU Wondy because.... Iconic

I grew up with that version,her characterization was pretty spot on,though she didn't get as much screen time in later episodes(JLU). They also watered down some of her warrior qualities(I guess she' be to intense for the kiddies?) Still ,she definitely wasn't the standout female on the show. I enjoyed Shayera's(Hawkgirl) development much more.

The she was portrayed correctly as one of the strongest on the show. haven't watched much from the new 52 animated WW,I'll admit..

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked animated New 52 Diana's design..

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked animated New 52 Diana's design..

That's a first!

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like DCAU Wonder Woman more. That version of Diana is humble, she's honorable and she cares for people. Whereas New 52 Wonder Woman (which I couldn't give two sh*ts about) only wants to fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New 52 seems too brutish! Like too much testosterone, brutish! Like solve every problem with a club brutish!

"Hey Diana, help me solve this puzzle!"

Diana smashed puzzle with a club!

Throne of Atlantis, she did seem better though!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

As far as I am concerned, the New 52 animated version has no appeal at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f0c7f9c56fb
    deactivated-59f0c7f9c56fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's fair to compare one version to another, given that DCAU version has had a lot more screen time than the New 52 version. Personally, I liked the New 52 version better. Mostly because she feels more like a "princess" in the DCAU while the New 52 version feel more like an actual warrior.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's fair to compare one version to another, given that DCAU version has had a lot more screen time than the New 52 version. Personally, I liked the New 52 version better. Mostly because she feels more like a "princess" in the DCAU while the New 52 version feel more like an actual warrior.

I've always found this opinion odd given Diana IS a princess and is more than just a warrior. In fact, I'd say the warrior aspect is the most shallow part of the character.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

I've always found this opinion odd given Diana IS a princess and is more than just a warrior. In fact, I'd say the warrior aspect is the most shallow part of the character.

Really? I'd say the contrary, that being a princess is the least important part of her identity. As a superhero, the asskicking is a major part of the character I think. Wonder Woman could just as well be the daughter of a peasant though

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: the princess aspect refers to her position among her people and is vital to her role as a bridge between two worlds. It's how she's even able to demand the Amazons change their ways. Superheroes do more than fighting.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@foamborn: the princess aspect refers to her position among her people and is vital to her role as a bridge between two worlds. It's how she's even able to demand the Amazons change their ways. Superheroes do more than fighting.

Wonder Woman could still be the bridge between her people and the outside world, the ambassadress of peace and whatnot, being the daughter of an ordinary themysciran peasant. She would have a way with the Amazons just because she's awesome, the strongest and the paragon of her kind. In fact Wonder Woman should have a way with everyone.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@agent_z said:

Wonder Woman could still be the bridge between her people and the outside world, the ambassadress of peace and whatnot, being the daughter of an ordinary themysciran peasant. She would have a way with the Amazons just because she's awesome, the strongest and the paragon of her kind. In fact Wonder Woman should have a way with everyone.

And where would she acquire the grooming and education to be a leader as a peasant? Strength alone won't win you followers. The Hulk is often referred to as the "Strongest There Is" yet I don't see him leading the Avengers.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

And where would she acquire the grooming and education to be a leader as a peasant? Strength alone won't win you followers. The Hulk is often referred to as the "Strongest There Is" yet I don't see him leading the Avengers.

In school. What kind of Queen would Hippolyta be if the children in her kingdom had no education. She would also obviously have natural leading skills and oodles of charisma because you know, she's Wonder Woman.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@agent_z said:

In school. What kind of Queen would Hippolyta be if the children in her kingdom had no education. She would also obviously have natural leading skills and oodles of charisma because you know, she's Wonder Woman.

I'm not saying she wouldn't get an education, just not one that would make her eligible for an ambassadorial position. Themyscira is a monarchy, why would someone not royalty be given that position?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

I'm not saying she wouldn't get an education, just not one that would make her eligible for an ambassadorial position. Themyscira is a monarchy, why would someone not royalty be given that position?

She would've been inducted on the basis of aptitude, that's how it goes in a meritocracy. Before the relaunch Wonder Woman had not been chosen due to being the Princess, on the contrary, she won the tournament she wasn't supposed to compete in.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NYBreezy

Between DCAU Wonder Woman who seems to have a temper problem and New 52 Animated Wonder Woman who says stupid stuff, I go with DCAU Wonder Woman. But that's just my opinion. Some people might like New 52 Animated WW more.

Plus, New 52 Animated WW seems to be the worse person to ever be elected to be the ambassador of her country.

Avatar image for lonesharkadriano
    lonesharkadriano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman's New 52 Animated version is far better than DCAU Version. She was annoying in DCAU, and for a amazonian warrior she quite sucked at combat. Although, she wasn't the alone one who was nerfed, even superman, flash, Manhunter, and others were mediocre or bad in that Animated version.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is debatable?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is debatable?

Why wouldn't it be?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Neither.

She takes all.
    She takes all.

This,

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ganon15

animated new 52 is overall better. i mean just give her pants and her outfit is right there for me. i think she had the leadership abilities and power that WW should have along with a great and fun personality. its also just a lot more updated of a look. i mean dont get me wrong DCAU ww would have been amazing to see as a kid but new 52 is what id prefer for now.

either would be better than the ww from her solo film unless its before the whole "character growth" of that ww

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@ganon15 said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

animated new 52 is overall better. i mean just give her pants and her outfit is right there for me. i think she had the leadership abilities and power that WW should have along with a great and fun personality. its also just a lot more updated of a look. i mean dont get me wrong DCAU ww would have been amazing to see as a kid but new 52 is what id prefer for now.

either would be better than the ww from her solo film unless its before the whole "character growth" of that ww

No Caption Provided

just being honest lol

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kiba

@ganon15: lmao.

And I agree. DCAU for the win.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Animated New 52.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

DCAU. Animated New-52 is characterized really bad. Also, DCAU has the better voice actress, among other things. :v

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.