Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Scott Snyder interested in writing Wonder Woman

• 105 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@agent41: Atleast you know what you're talking about. I wouldn't bet on Snyder to write Wonder Woman even if he was a limited option. Why would I want someone that let her get beat by Batman writing her book? Half of his stories aren't even that good like people say they are.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By deathfalcon182
    deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I like when writers tell natural stories and creating new characters lets them do that, besides her pre new 52 universe hasn't been that well established in new 52 and it's not like Snyder doesn't use existing cast and villains at all, his best stories are the ones that he creates and explores new characters. He uses a good mix of both pre existing and new characters. He has had a fine mix of using both sides of Batman. Character development is the one thing I'm worried about but his villains and supporting cast will be a thing to look out for.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

Batman. WW is a completely different character. You need a character that really wants to get into her,what she represents and explores and develops her character and universe as a whole.

If anyone can do that it's Scott Snyder. He will however place Wonder Woman well below Superman's level but then you're probably already used to that, I mean anyone who thinks Wonder Woman is Superman's equal is fooling him/herself big time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfalcon182: Srupid? The irony of someone that can't spell "stupid" trying to call me stupid.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deathfalcon182

well Batman is the only example of his writing skills including all those traits, i get that they're both different characters and i don't think Snyder is naive enough to think they're the same. And would you rather have Finch writing her or give a shot to Snyder? I think it's a pretty easy choice unless you like what Finch is doing.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deathfalcon182

@agent41: Sorry, major screw up in formatting, I'm on cell my bad. That guy thought scott snyder is zack snyder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I don't know why people can't easily accept Wonder Woman as top tier. All I see is pathetic arguments about her power level. Most of this babbling come from people that probably don't even read her comics. People never question Supergirl being a top tier so why should we with Wonder Woman?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By kidchipotle

@somayareece said:

NO NO NO NO NO!

Keep him away from Wonder Woman. I think it will be fine if Geoff Johns write her next run.

After what he did in Superman, I think he'll just end up retconning her Demi God origin and go back to her Clay Origin :/

God Bless Scott Snyder in that case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: By the way, I never read his Superman run but if it's that bad then we could always have someone like Grant Morrison.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I say give it to Scott. I like his indy stuff. Can't be worse than the Finches...... Hopefully he brings Wonder Woman back to those Azz and Chaing's dark fantasy story, and get the Justice League out of her solo comic.....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

He is the only one that I am willing to take after Azzarello. I think the way he writes his stories and his ways are perfect for an Azzarello-type of continuation of the Wonder Woman mythos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet $20 that at least half the people in this thread never even read her book lmao

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Let him try first. You never know, it could be good. Not like her current writer is doing such a great job anyway.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By TDK_1997

@agent41 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

He is the only one that I am willing to take after Azzarello. I think the way he writes his stories and his ways are perfect for an Azzarello-type of continuation of the Wonder Woman mythos.

Because we need a weak WW without character development,without her classic villans and supporting cast just like Azz WW. Please yes give us that one more time. Well that is what we have since 2011. It's not like other writers in the New 52 have done anything with her character like show her personality more,portray her personality right,show her emotions,fears and her action top tier warrior side either.

Yeah,yeah, I've heard that more than a hundred times probably. To be honest with you it's complete s**t. I am not trying to insult you or to hurt your feelings in any way, I am just being honest with you here. Wonder Woman is the top woman of DC since her creation but the thing is that most people never really cared about her, you know why? Because through all of the years since she has been around it;s been the same old thing all over again. People cared for her back when Perez was writing her because he was delivering something new at the time and so was Greg Rucka, but apart from those two guys no one even should get an honorable mention as a great Wonder Woman writer. She has been a dull, monotone character that has almost no development whatsoever and when she finally gets a different take, one that is good and actually presents new looks on the character and the mythos around her, people start whining left and right.

I am not trying to force my opinion on you or any other Azzarello hater. But I am telling you that you should look on it as a masterpiece in terms of storytelling and what kind of story he managed to put Diana in. She might not have the best fighting portrayal in his run but she grew a lot as a character and as a woman. The writing is different but so was Perez's back then and people loved it and now when a writer had the courage to get away from that stereotype of writing Wonder Woman and wanted to do something different, he got only hate and nothing else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkgirl needs to join the main Justice League. I think Wonder Woman would be a better person with another woman on the team. It seems hard for writers to handle her on a team full of overpowered alpha males. The animated series showed us that more human and dominant side of her.

I feel that her solo run has so much potential but most of writers seem more concerned making a few dollars rather than doing their best to explore her aspects. That is why Wonder Woman is dull and monotone like some fans think.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hawkgirl needs to join the main Justice League. I think Wonder Woman would be a better person with another woman on the team. It seems hard for writers to handle her on a team full of overpowered alpha males. The animated series showed us that more human and dominant side of her.

I feel that her solo run has so much potential but most of writers seem more concerned making a few dollars rather than doing their best to explore her aspects. That is why Wonder Woman is dull and monotone like some fans think.

Hence why they have Jessica Crux on the team now... if she isn't t just there to fill in for Hal.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@outside_85: nah, Hal's back and he's going to mentor her.

I doubt she she lives past The Darkseid War arc, though.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

Call it Wonder Woman Unchained ,and I'I be happy.

In fact make it Unchained___________ for every new character he writes ;)

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman might actually sell with him on it.

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep seeing people comment that Snyder is going to make Batman show up in Wonder Woman's book for no reason, but did that happen in his Swamp Thing run? Scott is a great creator who loves the character he's working on. Most creators have a little over zealous affinity for a character when they're working on them, and there's nothing wrong with that. He, in my opinion, has a consistently shown the ability to reexamine key characters in the worlds of these characters and deliver a fresh perspective, while creating things wholly his own. There are many comments about Superman Unchained and its depiction of certain characters. I think in this case we need to examine the writer/artist relationship and recognize that nothing Jim Lee was working on at the time was well written or inspiring. Jim Lee recently has become quite stagnant, failing to bring in new ideas. We also can't forget that Jim Lee also loves Batman and very possibly could've asked to draw him. I believe if Scott Snyder was to be pared with an artist of high creative caliber such as Greg Capullo, Jason Fabok, or Fiona Staples then there would be no telling how great the book would become. A great and inspiring creative team is needed though, not just a write but and artist as well who would devote themselves to the definitive portrayal of the character and not settle for a mediocre product with mediocre ideas. So, finally, I advocate Scott Snyder (and Fiona Staples as artist personally) because of his unique ability to understand, define, and create amazing and scary villains that could liver on for years to come.

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope he gets the job. I loved him in Batman. The whole Court if Owls was off the chain. Just make sure you pair him with a good artist for the whole time like Capullo was. Wouldn't mind seeing Olivier Coipel tackel Wonder Woman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasoninthewoods said:

Wonder Woman might actually sell with him on it.

I bet people like you get a kick out throwing shade at a woman that doesn't even exist. Good thing Wonder Woman doesn't having feelings.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What is he pitching?

southindia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great one I read this one...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amanda Conner should write it

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just in, Scott Snyder wants to write the bible.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I think he shouldn't be on the main title but rather an anniversary title instead that last at least 12 issues. Kind of like Unchained (yes I enjoyed Superman Unchained deal with it). I think Snyder is a very talented writer who knows how to integrate the core of the characters and install his own perception of them to make them more personal. Personally I'd prefer is Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok took over the main Wonder Woman title, because they have portray the character like she should be. Smart, intelligent, strong, confident, compassionate, loving basically everything that Wonder Woman should be. But I would still love to see what Scott Snyder can do if he had the chance to write a Wonder Woman story, specially if it's something big for her 75th anniversary and if he had the right artist on board then it would be even better. As much as I love Greg's work on Batman, I don't like how he draws Wonder Woman, maybe have someone like Emanuela Lupacchino who I think is just an overall amazing artist.

Joanna32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused. Are you guys actually criticizing Snyders writing? His amazing run on Batman is what got me back into comics. I love what he's done with the Riddler, the Joker and gotham in general. Why do I want to read the same old garbage over and over, at least in his run he's put a new spin on everything.

As for Wonder Woman, I've never read a decent run on her, I may pick up the new run but have heard finch is killing the series.

Back to Snyder, his work gets consistently good reviews from batman, wytches, swamp thing, american vampire.

As for his work on superman...again what are you all talking about? The book has very good ratings. Have I read it? No, but I will when I can.

And to the person who said Snyders holding DC back, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Is that why their coming out with movies, tv series, and other such things because ONE WRITER IS RUINING DC.

I actually had to make a new account I found this thread so laughable.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i still dont know. my ideal wonder woman comic is much different in tone from what ive seen from most of snyder's work. i dont think the darker things he's done fit the character or the direction i believe the character should be taken in. i think she's should have a lighter and more fun and cooky tone. though to be fair to him everything i think he's worked on that is dark is meant to have that tone im not sure how he handled superman. after azzarello though i just have a bad taste in my mouth for her character being taken in that direction and thats not even to say its a bad direction, just bad for the character.

id still like geoff to try since i really liked his take on cheetah and im hearing he's doing a good job with her in the justice league

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I wouldn't trust Synder with Wonder Woman. Especially after reading Superman: Unchained. Not saying he's a bad writer though.

I'd like to see Johns do a short run. His characterization of Diana I'd terrible in the beginning of JL but it's gotten so much better now that he seems to understand the character. I really wish Gail would come back and write her.

Amanda Conner should write it

What makes you say that? Or was this a joke?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: I wouldn't touch a Snyder's Wonder Woman book with a 9 foot pole. I think Geoff Johns will give us a well detail-orientated run on Wonder Woman. I loved Gail's work so much. That woman is a goddess.

I wasn't being serious about Amanda Conner. I don't think it would be bad though. You should of seen when I said Scott Loebdell should write Wondie. Huge mistake lol.

Joanna32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: sounds like you all are just upset about WW not being the same, you must be so happy finch has made her into some absurd feminist. Some of us want a new spin on old characters, if that makes some people mad then too bad. You think I'm use to a immortal joker, a 25 year old batman with this crazy tech? No but guess what it's a breath of fresh air.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#98  Edited By TheExile285

@somayareece: Amanda Conner writing WW is a really interesting thought. Wouldn't work for her main ongoing but I think it'd make for a cool, out of continuity miniseries. Assuming her Palmiotti don't get to goofy, I'd be down for reading it. =p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.