Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Liam Sharp: Wonder Woman 23 Teaser

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/status/862844073354313728

No Caption Provided

I found this posted over at CBR and thought that I would share it here.
    You can join the discussions there or add your thoughts here.

CBR Thread: Ares' Official Rebirth Design?
    CBR Thread: Sneak Peak of 23 posted by Liam

Liam Sharp‏ @LiamRSharp20h20 hours ago

Been dying to show this shot from page 01, #23! @DCComics have said I can share a few details from the first 5pgs! :)

Here are some images of the progression.

Liam is one of my all time favorite illustrators and I really can't say enough about the quality of his work. His men are brutish and his women are sexy and strong, and his level of attention to detail is not something you see in a lot in comics these days and I think that Liam Sharp's work compliments the title well.
    It's been a joy to see him on Wonder Woman and I'll be sorry to see him go after #25.

You can check out a lot of his work at Deviant Art as well http://liamsharp.deviantart.com/

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Ares looks like a Viking version of God of War rather than a Greek one, and i like it.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By masterwitcher88

Viking/Greek warrior look done right too! not like that horrid New52 design. I'm liking what I see here, and it seems by the 3rd image Pre-New52 amazons are back as the true origin.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Ares looks ruthless as hell, I love Sharp's design of him. That man's attention to detail in his art is simply amazing.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dig it, Sharp is definitely more adept at drawing Men than Women. Also don't you love b&w art, comics should be b&w imo, like manga

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sharp has propelled himself into the firmament of the greatest Wonder Woman artists of all time.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.