Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16210 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

how strong do you think wolverine is ?

• 196 results
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock
    speedlgt said:
    "I would say hes has to be stronger than Steve Rogers.....Rogers is the perfect peak human so whatever level of strength you think that is wolverine has to be just a little bit stronger because of carrying his skeleton and how quickly his muscles heel.
    Based on Captain America's showings, there's a possibility that he could be equal to Wolverine in strength.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By speedlgt
    Static Shock said:
    "speedlgt said:
    "I would say hes has to be stronger than Steve Rogers.....Rogers is the perfect peak human so whatever level of strength you think that is wolverine has to be just a little bit stronger because of carrying his skeleton and how quickly his muscles heel.
    Based on Captain America's showings, there's a possibility that he could be equal to Wolverine in strength.
    "
    I agree with you it just seems that he should
     be a little bit stronger but hes not shown to be
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Static Shock
    speedlgt said:
    "I agree with you it just seems that he should
     be a little bit stronger but hes not shown to be"
    How many Cap comics have you read?
    Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Yaujtapool

Id say its between 600 and 800 lbs .

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By speedlgt
    Static Shock said:
    "speedlgt said:
    "I agree with you it just seems that he should
     be a little bit stronger but hes not shown to be"
    How many Cap comics have you read?
    "
    I have read alot of Cap I know rogers they are on par I am just saying based on other factors I would think wolve is a bit more buts hes not
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By SUNMAN

without PIS peak human

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Erik

Without PIS, slightly above peak human because of his adamantium reinforcement.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DEADPOOL
    fesak said:
    "time said:
    "how powerful do think logan is ?"

There's nothing to think about it. He has normal strength.
    ""
    This. Any super-human strength feats, such as snapping chains or lifting a dozen men with one arm, are writing errors.

DFChewie said:
    "Supposedly, the adamantium bones do make him stronger because he has to carry around an extra 105 lbs. of adamantium all of the time, and therefore his muscles are more developed and stronger because they are always doing more work. (Funny. I'll bet when he had no adamantium his strength degraded -- at least, until Genesis f*cked him up and he went all feral and essentially became Beast. With claws.)
    "
    It makes sense that the weight of the adamantium has made his body adapt, but he's still a normal human- strength wise, and so the adamantium has logically helped push him to the peak of human strength. And hell, due to the weight of his skeleton, a portion of that strength has to be used just to stand up and move. And of course, due to constant adamantium poisoning, his healing factor is slower than normal too. Heh, the adamantium is really a double-edged sword.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Erik

How? He does it all the time. It is as consistent as him unsheathing his claws. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Static Shock
    DEADPOOL said:
    "This. Any super-human strength feats, such as snapping chains or lifting a dozen men with one arm, are writing errors."
    It's not an error if he's been doing it consistently for the past 30 years.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DEADPOOL
    erik said:
    "How? He does it all the time. It is as consistent as him unsheathing his claws. "
    It is writing errors, probably embellishing or they just don't realize. Are you one of the people that think he can lift up to 2 tons ? That's 4,000 pounds. Is it remotely possible for a human to lift 4,000 pounds? Now there are professional body-builders that can lift almost 1 ton, but they look like the Hulk... Wolverine doesn't look like the Hulk, and he does not possess super-human strength.

Now when he lifted those 12 men, they were all different sizes, but lets say their average weight each was 180 pounds... that's 2,160 pounds at a minimum... and he lifted that with one arm? Seriously?? So that means he can lift a minimum of 4,320 pounds with both arms? That's over, or well over, the 2 tons that some people think that he can lift.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Erik

Women have lifted cars off their children. Average sized women. Yes I do think he could. He does it all the time. The writers cannot be wrong every issue he displays some strength. Stating that is insane. Was it you that put Deadpool's strength above human?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Erik

It has been consistent for 30 years. You have not even showed one time he had a limitation that would contradict these 30 years of consistency. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock
    erik said:
    "Women have lifted cars off their children. Average sized women. Yes I do think he could. He does it all the time. The writers cannot be wrong every issue he displays some strength. Stating that is insane. Was it you that put Deadpool's strength above human?"
    LOL @ that last sentence.

DEADPOOL said:
    "It is writing errors, probably embellishing or they just don't realize. Are you one of the people that think he can lift up to 2 tons ? That's 4,000 pounds. Is it remotely possible for a human to lift 4,000 pounds? Now there are professional body-builders that can lift almost 1 ton, but they look like the Hulk... Wolverine doesn't look like the Hulk, and he does not possess super-human strength.

Wolverine isn't a human. LOL. And, the handbooks are incorrect, for the simple fact that Wolverine appeared in comics 8 years before Handbooks were even published. Before that, he was showing feats of superhuman strength. The only thing that contradicts his strength are the Handbooks themselves. But from the beginning of his portrayal and before Handbooks were thought of, he's been doing the opposite....
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DEADPOOL
    erik said:
    "Women have lifted cars off their children. Average sized women. Yes I do think he could. He does it all the time. The writers cannot be wrong every issue he displays some strength. Stating that is insane. Was it you that put Deadpool's strength above human?"
    With adrenaline rushes, a woman has lifted a section of a 2,000-3,000 car off of her child, which would amount to about 600 or 800 pounds... she could probably only lift about 150 pounds under normal conditions. Now lets say Wolverine does indeed lift 800 pounds under normal conditions, and with adrenaline rushes, he should be able to lift close to 1 ton (2,000 pounds).

Deadpool's strength is above normal human. He originally had peak human strength, but when he went back to the Weapon-X program, they augmented his healing factor so that he'd get stronger and stronger every time he healed, he eventually reached about 2 tons before they took away his augmented healing factor.

"Static Shock said:

"
    I doubt that. Do you know 30 years of his super-human strength feats?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Erik

He even has continued to display the same strength levels even after the handbooks came out. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Static Shock
    DEADPOOL said:
    "I doubt that. Do you know 30 years of his super-human strength feats?"
    I've read some comics here and there, and some very old one before the Handbooks were even published. You can even ask Castleking. He knows more about it either of us.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Erik
    DEADPOOL said:
    "erik said:
    With adrenaline rushes, a woman has lifted a section of a 2,000-3,000 car off of her child, which would amount to about 600 or 800 pounds... she could probably only lift about 150 pounds under normal conditions. Now lets say Wolverine does indeed lift 800 pounds under normal conditions, and with adrenaline rushes, he should be able to lift close to 1 ton (2,000 pounds).

Deadpool's strength is above normal human. He originally had peak human strength, but when he went back to the Weapon-X program, they augmented his healing factor so that he'd get stronger and stronger every time he healed, he eventually reached at about 2 tons before they took away his augmented healing factor.

"Static Shock said:

"
    I doubt that. Do you know 30 years of his super-human strength feats?

"
    You assume adrenaline causes the same strength boost in all people. That is not that case. I could name feat after feat to you, but it does not matter. You will still say that comics have been wrong for 30 years. It is a shame that you are the one that is wrong.

How do you know Deadpool kept the strength? Since he lost the augmented healing factor, when has he done a single thing to display that he still has 2 ton strength levels? Show me.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DEADPOOL
    erik said:
    "He even has continued to display the same strength levels even after the handbooks came out. "
    Some writers make Wolverine heal faster than he should, others make him stronger than he should be. It's simple.

Static Shock
    said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "I doubt that. Do you know 30 years of his super-human strength feats?"
    I've read some comics here and there, and some very old one before the Handbooks were even published. You can even ask Castleking. He knows more about it either of us.
    "
    The handbook argument has no grounding, and writers take creative liberties all the time. Have Castleking come in here, I'd like to know all of the inconsistencies.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Erik
    DEADPOOL said:
    "erik said:
    "He even has continued to display the same strength levels even after the handbooks came out. "
    Some writers make Wolverine heal faster than he should, others make him stronger than he should be. It's simple.
    No. You do not understand that it would be an inconsistency if he had the limitations you have implied. All the writers cannot be wrong. Like I said, you stating that is simply insane and makes you suspect as a Wolverine hater. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Erik

Handbooks have been wrong before. The only reason they say that he is peak human is because he does not have strength as a specific power. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wolverine hasn't been doing anything consistently for the last 30 years.His strength is athletic human..that's it that's all.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By castleking

the only reason i put wolverine at peak human and slightly above is because of adrenaline rushes his small stature a lower center of gravity and his healing factor that repairs tears before they rip off his adamantium skeleton. if all these factors dont add up to near superhuman or slightly above strength then their is no convincing ppl.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DEADPOOL
    erik said:
    "DEADPOOL said:

You assume adrenaline causes the same strength boost in all people. That is not that case. I could name feat after feat to you, but it does not matter. You will still say that comics have been wrong for 30 years. It is a shame that you are the one that is wrong.

How do you know Deadpool kept the strength? Since he lost the augmented healing factor, when has he done a single thing to display that he still has 2 ton strength levels? Show me.
    "
    I averaged it, but there is a limit, especially for a man that's barely over 5 feet tall whose muscles are proportionately much weaker than someone that is, say, 5'10.

In one issue he was at the gym lifting a few thousand pounds, and an issue of Cable & Deadpool he snapped a guy's neck with just his thumb and forefinger, and was said that he possesses super-human strength. He has also covered a dozen+ feat in a single leap.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "the only reason i put wolverine at peak human and slightly above is because of adrenaline rushes his small stature a lower center of gravity and his healing factor that repais tears before they rip of his adamantium skeleton. if all these factors dont add up to near superhuman or slightly above strength then their is no convincing ppl.
    I think strength level is calculated by what you can do on any given day not based on any outside factors.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Erik

His strength and speed have been consistent. The only things that seem to fluctuate are his healing factor and hand to hand.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    "His strength and speed have been consistent. The only things that seem to fluctuate are his healing factor and hand to hand."
    That's not true at all.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By castleking

the only inconsistencies i have ever seen in wolverine in strength is that some times he seems to strain lifting an already superhuman level of weight while at other times he seems to have an easier time. i think it some times comes down to him lift object and other times him using leverage or heaving it from a set position.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "the only inconsistencies i have ever seen in wolverine in strength is that some times he seems to strain lifting an already superhuman level of weight while at other times he seems to have an easier time. i think it some times comes down to him lift object and other times him using leverage or heaving it from a set position.
    What have you seen him lift on a superhuman level recently?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By castleking

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Static Shock
    DEADPOOL said:
    "The handbook argument has no grounding, and writers take creative liberties all the time. Have Castleking come in here, I'd like to know all of the inconsistencies. "
    LOL. If a character comes out several years before a Handbook is written and is showing superhuman strength at the time he first appears, then it doesn't matter what the Handbook says....
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

"
    This isn't superhuman.I don't even think it's peak.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Static Shock
    castleking said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

"
    And, this came out about 5 years ago.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Vance Astro said:
    What have you seen him lift on a superhuman level recently?"

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Static Shock

I think that's recent enough. There hasn't been a continuity reboot between now and then. So, it's valid.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Static Shock said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "The handbook argument has no grounding, and writers take creative liberties all the time. Have Castleking come in here, I'd like to know all of the inconsistencies. "
    LOL. If a character comes out several years before a Handbook is written and is showing superhuman strength at the time he first appears, then it doesn't matter what the Handbook says....
    "
    They're obviously aware of what happened before the handbook came out, now you gotta ask yourself... is the official handbook and collector cards correct which have remained unchanged for over 20 years, or are the writers that can't agree?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    "I think that's recent enough. There hasn't been a continuity reboot between now and then. So, it's valid.
    "
    The thing with the ninjas isn't superhuman...my post was about the picture of Wolverine slamming the Blob which was obviously not from this decade.Castleking must have deleted his post.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By castleking
    Vance Astro said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"
    i think its current enough at least i didnt post a 10, 15 or 20 yr old scan. :P

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"
    i think its current enough at least i didnt post a 10, 15 or 20 yr old scan. :P

No Caption Provided

"
    It's not current enough.I'm pretty sure I was born the year this stuff happened.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Static Shock
    DEADPOOL said:
    "They're obviously aware of what happened before the handbook came out, now you gotta ask yourself... is the official handbook and collector cards correct which have remained unchanged for over 20 years, or are the writers that can't agree?"
    The Handbook entry for Wolverine is incorrect, whether it's been unchanged or not. Wolverine's been doing the same thing in comics now that we doing then, and nothing has changed there. The only difference is that Wolverine appeared and displayed his superhuman attributes before the first Handbook even came out. Comics obviously came out before Handbooks and the cards, so why not follow the comics? I'm simply going off of what's more original, which is Wolverine's appearance in comic books, not his Handbook entry. The Handbook entries aren't spot-on for every character.

Vance Astro
    said:
    This isn't superhuman.I don't even think it's peak."
    Grabbing a sh!tload of dead-weight, fully-grown ninjas and running forward like it's nothing? Looks borderline superhuman to me....

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By castleking

come on now their have bn plenty instances where wolverine has shown superhuman strength from:  bending ripping bars, chains. lifting and batting tree trunks. one arm tossing lifting sharks, ppl. his striking power of dazing hulk, thing and rough house. i really think he is peak/slight superhuman

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "come on now their have bn plenty instances where wolverine has shown superhuman strength from:  bending ripping bars, chains. lifting and batting tree trunks. one arm tossing lifting sharks, ppl. his striking power of dazing hulk, thing and rough house. i really think he is peak/slight superhuman
    "
    besides the tree trunk thing..alot of people who are classified even under peak human have done the feats.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Static Shock
    Vance Astro said:
     The thing with the ninjas isn't superhuman...
    It is, to me...

Vance Astro said:
    It's not current enough.I'm pretty sure I was born the year this stuff happened."
    There wasn't a continuity reboot. Why would it matter if it's current or not?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By castleking

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "They're obviously aware of what happened before the handbook came out, now you gotta ask yourself... is the official handbook and collector cards correct which have remained unchanged for over 20 years, or are the writers that can't agree?"
    The Handbook entry for Wolverine is incorrect, whether it's been unchanged or not. Wolverine's been doing the same thing in comics now that we doing then, and nothing has changed there. The only difference is that Wolverine appeared and displayed his superhuman attributes before the first Handbook even came out. Comics obviously came out before Handbooks and the cards, so why not follow the comics? I'm simply going off of what's more original, which is Wolverine's appearance in comic books, not his Handbook entry. The Handbook entries aren't spot-on for every character.
    Wolverine isn't doing the same things in comics now that he was doing then..that's why the handbook seems wrong to you because what you are saying is wrong.Wolverine's strength feats are consistent with other people that were put on his same exact level,like Captain America's feats are consistent with peak humans.What is actually wrong about the handbook is the rating system in which they chose to classify someone.All peak humans have lifted at least 2 tons or bent and broke steel some time in their life time so when they say that lifting 2 tons makes you superhuman they must mean that you have to do it on any given day adrenaline or no adrenaline.Handbook entries have never proven as far as I'm concerned to have false information though.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    "Vance Astro said:
     The thing with the ninjas isn't superhuman...
    It is, to me...

Vance Astro said:
    It's not current enough.I'm pretty sure I was born the year this stuff happened."
    There wasn't a continuity reboot. Why would it matter if it's current or not?

"
    It would matter if it's current or not because first of all....

The question is how strong is Wolverine as in now how strong is he.Those are old as hell,that's how strong he was then.He may not and most likely is not that strong right now at this very moment.

Secondly every street level hero had ridiculous feats of strength,speed,etc years ago.Marvel toned that down alot.Just the facts that all Marvel's premier street levelers have fought Hulk or Thor should tell you something right there.Moon Knight fought the Hulk...now he can barely beat street thugs.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Static Shock
    Vance Astro said:
    Wolverine isn't doing the same things in comics now that he was doing then..that's why the handbook seems wrong to you because what you are saying is wrong.Wolverine's strength feats are consistent with other people that were put on his same exact level,like Captain America's feats are consistent with peak humans.
    I forgot to put "and, he was still doing superhuman feats of strength after the Handbooks were published."
    cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#98  Edited By cly

PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!! I KNOW HOW STRONG WOLVERINE IS!!!

Strong enough to get the job done! :D

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    Wolverine isn't doing the same things in comics now that he was doing then..that's why the handbook seems wrong to you because what you are saying is wrong.Wolverine's strength feats are consistent with other people that were put on his same exact level,like Captain America's feats are consistent with peak humans.
    I forgot to put "and, he was still doing superhuman feats of strength after the Handbooks were published."
    "
    Everybody was doing feats above the level they were classified on in a certain era.Doesn't make the handbooks wrong.It makes the writers wrong.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By castleking

not every storyline is a weight lifting contest and not each fight is shown with who wins by lifting more. why would you assume because their is no need for wolverine to lift an object in a storyline that he must no longer be strong?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.