No need to bring batman in to it.

#152 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"No need to bring batman in to it."
LOL
#153 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"castleking said:
"well to be fair thor is a God and i stand by him and his divine claim.
"
Nothing wrong with that. But simply being a God doesn't mean your unbeatable.
"
then i have bn misinformed because i was told being God is just that  :P
#154 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
castleking said:
"Gambler said:
"castleking said:
"well to be fair thor is a God and i stand by him and his divine claim.
"
Nothing wrong with that. But simply being a God doesn't mean your unbeatable.
"
then i have bn misinformed because i was told being God is just that  :P
"
Indeed you have. Wonder Woman is no God yet defeats them on a regular basis. Being a God means what exactly? Thor is the Norse God of Thunder right? Pretty sure Black Adam wouldn't consider him a God, not one of his anyway. Being a God is just a title.
#155 Posted by Erik (32269 posts) - - Show Bio

In Wolverine #116 it shows how he leaps on top of an 18 wheeler effortlessly. That shows his leg strength in vertical jump. It actually said it was effortless. That is only 13 feet so it is not too impressive in itself. But for that to be effortless is pretty amazing. What can he do with effort?

#156 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
castleking said:
"so are we satisfied with the evidence at hand?

SUPER JUMPS

"

#157 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"In Wolverine #116 it shows how he leaps on top of an 18 wheeler effortlessly. That shows his leg strength in vertical jump. It actually said it was effortless. That is only 13 feet so it is not too impressive in itself. But for that to be effortless is pretty amazing. What can he do with effort?"

That's a valid point. But 13 feet is hardly anything to laugh at. Not to mention with his 200 plus pound skeleton.
#158 Posted by Erik (32269 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually did that particular feat with no adamantium. 

#159 Posted by jesrour (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Not As Strong As This Guy:

#160 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
jesrour said:
"Not As Strong As This Guy:

"
If Wolverine isn't as strong as him people aren't going to read his comics anymore.
#161 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio

He's being used as a God nowadays, blasphemy if you ask me, but I'd say he's as strong as they get and as weak as you can imagine. He's no God, he's mortal, though I must say, his refusal to die and staty dead is quite entertaining to read about.

#162 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
Comic version of Wolverine USED to be a beast, when they put him up against Wendigo and Hulk and all that, but not anymore.... now he gets knocked out by idiots like deadpool and punisher. 
Movie version Wolverine is just crap.... he's just a guy with a couple of knives in his hands. 

Anyways, does the Adamantium bones make Wolverine stronger?  Faster?  Slower?
#163 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

level 4 strength 

enhanced strength:

Superhuman Strength:

clearly more then peak.

#164 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: And Cheshire has beaten Lady Shiva. How exactly is she not a lethal martial artist?

#165 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@NyghtMare said:

@Vance Astro: And Cheshire has beaten Lady Shiva. How exactly is she not a lethal martial artist?

Because you forgot to mention the fact that Shiva was drugged. This is also not the right thread...
#166 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely low level superhuman. Problem with Batman and Daredevil you might find one good feat like the Limo for DD or the Batman tearing a huge water pipe. But those are the high end ones while Logan is clearly portrayed consistently with there high end strength feats.

Plus you will never get a bio stating Batman or Daredevil have superhuman strength but with Logan you will.

#167 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverines adamantium makes him indestructable rather than strong, I'd still say he could lift a few tons or so.

#168 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hulkslayer---->http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/176453195537605990

#169 Posted by NiKva (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough.

#170 Posted by PsychoJack (174 posts) - - Show Bio

About 2 tons maximum.

#171 Posted by MrBombastic (22 posts) - - Show Bio
Logan is strong enough to overpower Wendigo, Hulk, Sasquatch, and Abomination.  Those of you who think Logan can only lift 1 ton are dillusional........ you can't always trust those dumb handbooks, those "official marvel" handbooks are the same handbooks that claim Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, the the Odin force has "infinite power" and that Juggernaut "can't be hurt", and all of these claims have been proven to be complete bullsh!t.  Some people need to grow a brain and learn to make their own judgments. Ya guys gotta go by da feats when measuring a character's strength.  

Logan has some monster feats, there is no way that he can only lift 1 ton and do the things that he does.  

Here he lifts up Blob who weighs much more than 1 ton, and smashes and tosses him like a ragged doll.  Also trades blows with Hulk.

Logan usually holds back, but when he lets the animal take over, he can destroy anything.

KOs the Hulk and scares the crap out of Wendigo.

KOs the Hulk again.  

Destroys Wendigo.  

Sends Wendigo scrawling with a kick.  

Here's the rest of the battle, Wolverine was beginning to overpower Wendigo.

KOs the Abomination.

Overpowers Grey Hulk. 

Logan is stronger than you guys think.
#172 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrBombastic: You must have a different meaning for overpower than most people do. There is a big difference between overpowering someone and having claws that physically maim virtually so they reel back not to get hit. He didn't overpower anyone in any scan, he just just dodged their hits and physically hurt them with his slashes and kept on them. And the Abombination scan I don't believe is canon. And Blob only weighs roughly 600 pounds IIRC, so he is perfectly within Logan's element. Thinking he is physically on par with them with a bunch of out of context scans is what is delusional.

#173 Edited by MrBombastic (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@MrBombastic: You must have a different meaning for overpower than most people do. There is a big difference between overpowering someone and having claws that physically maim virtually so they reel back not to get hit. He didn't overpower anyone in any scan, he just just dodged their hits and physically hurt them with his slashes and kept on them. 

@god_spawn:  If you knew how tough Hulk is than you would know that if a normal man or even a peak human hit Hulk with claws, Hulk wouldn't even budge.  Wolverine was able to KO him viciously, twice, so whether you like it or not, Logan demonstrated superhuman strength when he KO'ed Hulk, and Wendigo.   
Reel back not to get hit?  Lol......... no they weren't, Hulk and Wendigo were getting bombarded with hits, slashed to ribbons, and put to sleep by Logan.  It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Logan's strength is superhuman.  That was my point.  

@god_spawn

said:

@MrBombastic: And Blob only weighs roughly 600 pounds IIRC, so he is perfectly within Logan's element. 

Blob weighed up to one ton as his mutation further developed, and he also has a gravitational field that makes him much heavier and harder to move than he already is. Wolverine was able to lift him and toss him, casually.  Again it proves Logan's strength is far beyond peak human.

@god_spawn

said:

@MrBombastic: Thinking he is physically on par with them with a bunch of out of context scans is what is delusional.

I never said Wolverine was physically on par with Hulk or Blob, come on now, don't go shoving words into my mouth.  I said it takes superhuman strength for Wolverine to destroy guys like Hulk and Wendigo the way he did, and lift Blob and toss him casually.  That was in response to some of the people here who says that Logan's strength is only that of a normal human, or just peak human.  
Tell me what's delusional.
#174 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncle Logan can lift over his head at least 3500 lbs without problem and effort.

#175 Posted by Dark_Slayor (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo can we all agree he's low level superhuman??? Stronger than Cap.....but not by much.

#176 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo can we all agree he's low level superhuman??? Stronger than Cap.....but not by much.

He's considered low level superhuman anyway and has feats that suggests he should be in the 1-2 ton range anyway. Not much argue against :P.

#177 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is class 2 tons, isn't like Cap, but more stronger than him. If Cap can lift over his head 800 lbs, Logan can lift 1500-2000 lbs, without strain.

#178 Posted by THORSON (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

weaker than spiderman

stronger than magneto

#179 Posted by cameron83 (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that it's generally believed that he can lift (at max) 2 tons. I mean,I think that his feats help to support that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.