Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

Who Wants A Movie Sequel To Watchmen?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    I've seen some talk about the very tiny chance of a Watchmen sequel.  I'm sure Warner Bros. would love to turn this into a franchise, especially after all the headaches from the lawsuit.  The comic is almost sacred grounds.  It's bad enough the ending has been altered a bit but other than that, it just wouldn't be cool to mess with it further. 

With all the talk of a sequel (and the movie hasn't even come out yet), I think we can almost rest easy.  Yesterday Zack Snyder told MTV, "I know that I wouldn't have anything to do with it."

Just because Snyder is saying no, does that mean they won't just try to get another director?

Today, actress Malin Akerman (Silk Spectre II) is also saying no.
    “It would be interesting to see,” guessed the actress. “But I don’t really know how [a sequel] would ever be possible. Because ‘Watchmen’ is ‘Watchmen,’ and we covered pretty much the whole novel.  I would be curious to see what [a sequel] would look like, but I don't know if that would fly."
    I think if it happened, it could possibly kill Alan Moore.  I was always on the fence as to whether or not Hollywood should even be allowed to touch this property.  So far, it's all looking good.  But let's leave it at that.  The story had a beginning and an ending.  That's it.  It's over.

Let's hope this is the last we hear about this.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

There would be a lot of pissed comic fans.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    Oh Boy... More Watchmen Drama ?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

A prequel would work, but a sequel.... ummm... how would you do that?

putch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By putch

it would probably have to be a prequel.  just like the video games.

but, i think there's a reasonable discussion to be had about the true nature of rorschach's fate.

xcodebro!x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By xcodebro!x

Wait a tick! Did you say they were changing the ending? What in the world?! The ending is PERFECT! Thats gonna piss me off alot....

Also, if they are going to make 2 movies they should just split the book into 2 films.... Like a 'Kill Bill' thing. In order to Cover the entire book the movie needs to be like 6 hours long anyway!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

There's been rumblings about the changed ending.  I did my best to avoid reading anything that had to do with how or why it was changed.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    G-Man said:
    "There's been rumblings about the changed ending.  I did my best to avoid reading anything that had to do with how or why it was changed."
    I had a good discussion about that in my office yesterday with a student, and some things don't translate that well to film. the new ending seems more threatening than the one from the book.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    aztek the lost said:
    "G-Man said:
    "There's been rumblings about the changed ending."
    WTF?

If they change the ending, I refuse to even go see the movie

as for the idea of a sequel...

No Caption Provided

"
    They didn't change it per se, just  made the big event a little less spacey. BTW Putting up a demotivational poster like that is just like saying "Candyman" three times into a mirror.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

The ending ain't beeing changed, the squid ain't the ending and it can easily be changed into something that fits television better

UltraHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UltraHawk
    Nighthunter said:
    "The ending ain't beeing changed, the squid ain't the ending and it can easily be changed into something that fits television better"
    the squid is what everyone is up in a whoopla about, not me, other watchfans.
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to stop..... They need to wait for the movie to come out before they start talking about sequels....

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

No sequel, just put the same creative team on another DC property or properties.

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Tainted-Cell

The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning.
    There actually IS room for a sequel to the NOVEL. I won't spoil anything, but there is a clear statement at the end that masked vigilantes aren't completely gone. The problem (which isn't really a problem ;)) is that Alan Moore would never write the sequel to it. Snyder has said he won't do one... and with Warner Bros as cautious as they are with film adaptations these days, I think it's safe to say that they wouldn't sign a different director.

And it would make as much sense as making a sequel to V For Vendetta.

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli

I've seen a guy called Kev on Youtube pointing out that there could be a sequel, he was saying that the fat ginger guy called Seymor who worked at the newspaper place could be Rorshach's son.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

curse you hollywood you ruin comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.