Follow

Thundra

Character » Thundra appears in 256 issues.

From an alternate reality, Thundra is the mightiest warrior from the United Sisterhood Republic, a country populated and ruled by the Femizons, a matriarchal society of Amazon-like women warriors. Thundra's reality is the alternate reality of the 23rd century Earth-715. Thundra is the strongest person of her world.

Does anyone else think she could be an excellent thundra?

• 96 results
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By moviegeek17

I was looking at some actresses for who i thought could play Thundra if she ever decided to show up in a live action movie (which i doubt lol) (but it never hurts to dream right?) but anyway i realized that this actress in particular to me looks almost exactly like thundra. Her name is rachelle lefevre, unfortunately she is known for being in the films series known as twilight :(. but i really dont care now after realizing this. I'll show a comparison between the two. Do you think she could play a good thundra? i think she could if she could pack on some muscle for the role. If you think im wrong then who do you think could play a good Thundra?

you gotta admit, she looks quite similar.
     you gotta admit, she looks quite similar.

To a certain Femizon...
     To a certain Femizon...
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

first off, got to compliment you on your love of our Lady Of Femizonia.
    great taste in characters! second, im not familiar with Mr.Lefevre,
    but she has good credentials for acting, and you definatly picked
    a perfect look. question: how are her action skills? 

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moviegeek17
    @CATMANEXE: 
    Thank you, i really appreciate that. I like the character quite a bit obviously cause i pretty much post about her whenever i can, and i think its cause i see some seriously awesome potential in her character that i wish marvel could see.Well the closest thing she's been in that's related to action is the twilight series, but she also appeared in a short lived tv show known as the summit that sounds kind of actiony. Though everyone has to start somewhere with learning action so even if she doesn't have the most experience with action, i'm sure she could learn fast judging by her credentials.

Those eyes are so entrancing.   
     Those eyes are so entrancing.   
     Natural redhead For the Win!
     Natural redhead For the Win!
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Jotham

Here's my nominee:

No Caption Provided

Her name is Amanda Righetti and she's in The Mentalist. She's already pretty buff.

No Caption Provided
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moviegeek17
    @Jotham: 
    That's a good choice too. she could be a good thundra, 
    No Caption Provided

But there's something about lefevre's face and hair that screams Thundra to me.
    Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm ... Not bad . I think it would be great to see a movie with her .

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moviegeek17
    @TheJuggernautpunch:   yeah, i was surfing the web last night and i found her on the internet, her name is Rachelle Lefevre and it hit me that she would make a perfect Thundra. it'd be interesting to see where a Thundra film would go don't you think?
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moviegeek17: Yes , it would be interesting if it was about the war in her reality .
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moviegeek17
    @TheJuggernautpunch: 
    That would make sense considering in her reality they are at war. she would probably need an intimidating male villain though. should i start a new thread for this? i think i should
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moviegeek17: Nah . There's not too many Thundra fans around here . And I just don't who could be that villain , considering that the male tribes don't have such a leader like Thundra in sisterhood .
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moviegeek17
    @TheJuggernautpunch: 
    good point. but anyway here's my idea for the movie. say the male tribes unite with a really badass leader who does systematic attacks on her society and challenges her to a one on one fight. ( i'm thinking they'll get into more than one fight but im talking about the final fight). Anyways they fight and she wins of course and maybe kills him. but that only pisses off the tribes more. so she realizes that the only way to stop them is to go into the past and fight the a man who is stronger than the one who she killed. which set up a crossover with the fantastic four. thats my idea for it anyway
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moviegeek17: Not bad , only I don't see how going into the past would stop the tribes , and what the stronger man has to do with the tribes ?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AngelFrost

I think she'd be perfect.  [: I'm a huge fan of Rachelle's.  She's a beautiful, talented actress with a body to die for! 

No Caption Provided

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moviegeek17
    @TheJuggernautpunch: 
    i kinda stole that part from the comics lol. but if that doesnt work for the movies then another ending could be something along the lines of mass chaos in her world with men rioting everywhere. and more villains (for her world anyway) showing up, kind of like the escalation theory at the end of batman begins
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moviegeek17: Between us , guys , what I would like to see is ... you know ... sisterhood ... just women ... and they still want to love ... so why don't just love each other .... you know what I mean ? :D
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By moviegeek17
    @AngelFrost: 
    I so agree with that!! everything about her is perfect for thundra. besides i could definitely see her as being a badass enough to get the job done :)
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By moviegeek17
    @TheJuggernautpunch: 
    i suppose i do ;) lol jk
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngelFrost
    @moviegeek17:  Have you seen her in Twilight and New Moon?   - She's a villain and totally bad-ass.

No Caption Provided

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngelFrost

@CATMANEXE said:

question: how are her action skills? 

Well she has used wire-work and performed back-flips and things with them in New Moon She looked awesome and she has an athletic-style body, so I'm sure she'll have no problem in an action role.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost: thats about what i was looking for, thanks. because the look is dead on for sure. and she can act and bring presence, something i always profess that i think comes before even look for a character, as they have to be 3-dimensional and believable. but action is heavily important to Thundra, as she is a highly skilled warrior and alot of her time is spent outclassing and beating down pretty much everyone who makes the mistake of getting in her path (and alot of chain swinging, think Gogo from Kill Bill). yep, then im sold that Rachelle is the woman for job. now the next question is who plays the rest of the cast? (outside of the obvious one for Hulk who is Ferrigno's voice mixed w/CGI).
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  Definately, screen pressence is everything, and Rachelle can mystify with just a look, it's really great.  I have full confidence in Rachelle.  [:  & Ferrigno, definately as Hulks voice.    As for She Hulk ...

Kristanna Loken - stared in action films like  Terminator 3 and BloodRayne. Plus, she's super tall (5'11)  perfect for She Hulk.
    No Caption Provided

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By devilmanex

I don't know........these girls look fit but none of them look like an Amazon or Femizon for that matter.  They are too skinny.   Based on how she is drawn in Hulk and Fall of Hulks she looks almost as muscular as She Hulk.  Marvel lists Thundra at 7'2"  350Lbs.  I'm not saying you have to get someone THAT tall but definitely someone at least 6' who regularly works out.  I don't mean working out to stay trim I mean serious body building.  If I saw a Thundra movie I want to believe she could fight the Hulk or at least kick my ass lol  She'd have to be built like Gina Carano but taller.  With the added height she'd definitely weigh more too but Gina Carano has the mass for Thundra if they were same height.  There has to be some body builder chic who is cute and can act

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DevilmanEX:  Do you know how many women are 6 foot?   - not many. Overmuscular women just look disgusting, they may look pretty in comics, but it wouldnt translate well in real life.  Rachelle is only 5'7' but she does have a killer figure. It's not over muscular but not super thin, Hair is important also, and Rachelle's hair is beautiful.    Kristanna Loken is 5'11,  so she's really tall for a woman and she is super athletic,   You see her in Terminator?  - or kick ass in BloodRayne? - she hass definately got the balls.

BodyBuilder chicks aren't generally cute either ...
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By devilmanex
    @AngelFrost:   I agree and disagree.  6' tall chics aren't AS common as women 5'5''  but thats why casting has to do their job.  In LA, Miami, and NYC tall women are abundant.  Most runway models are 6' or taller.  I agree that she shouldn't be over muscular.  I didn't mean like a female heavy weight body builder but as a personal trainer who works in a gym I see women who are muscular all the time.  Some women over do it but most I see don't.  I just think she can't have like twig arms then I be able to suspend enough belief that she can beat a big dude up.  Thundra doesn't do crazy martial arts she's just crazy strong.  I feel her presence when she comes on the scene in comics is dominating, almost frightening.  I don't feel a girl who is just fit and not muscular would make me fear her the way Thundra does.  The woman fights the Hulk for christs sake lol just my opinion....I'm gonna see if I can get a pic so you can see how muscular I mean
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think potential characters need just to kick off her origin and introduction
    (noting like any comic movie continuity can be tweeked to accommodate)

Thundras future timeline

enemy arch = Mahkizmo
    enemy = The Android Champion
    warring faction (generic barbarians) = Machus
    potential enemy = Arkon

Thundra also had a ward in her timeline, basically her chief science officer and best friend.

No Caption Provided
    (who seems to have never been named, only refereed to as sister, like most Femizonians we're)
    and countless generic unnamed United Sisterhood members (we're i a writer i would develop these characters, give Thundra more relations. I would actually play out the whole thing prior to timetravel and meeting 616 characters even, its more elegant like that i think)

in 616 the present

a brief Hulk appearance and costars the F4 are obligatory

The Frightful 4
    Wizard, Trapster, Medusa, Sandman, (and of course Thundra herself)

possibly work The Grapplers into this for effect?

ends with a final confrontation with Mahkizmo in present day.

questionable whether one would bring her daughter Lyra into this, as that constitutes a whole different and latter story, and the two only associated once by accident? really the above events lead to Lyra ever happening.

those are my thoughts on it anyways. Thundra would really work as a movie if done right. maybe a slight chance of being an F4 part 3 as it would introduce both the Frightful 4 and The Inhumans, i dunno.

@DevilmanEX:
    Hollywood magic compensates for those factors, it always does.
    height is almost always faked in film using a variety of tricks. putting
    on muscle isnt hard for anyone to do quick either, nor learn to fight.
    Wesley Snipes is a prime example of that.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By devilmanex
    @CATMANEXE: lol yea hollywood magic added 10lbs on every actor in 300 and drew on definition.  Hollywood magic also made the Hulk really look Hulking.  I'd go with your choice of actress but they would have to give her some type of 300 treatment for me to believe.  And I don't just mean special effects to have her lift and throw stuff a la Terminator 3.  I want to see a menacing presence cuz Thundra def isn't as charismatic as Jennifer Walters who I wouldn't mind going with more fit, less muscular but definitely tall actress.   Bottom line I just feel whichever actresses would play either needs to look like she can take the average joe in an arm wrestling match lol and pretty enough to be out of his league..........Go strong women!
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilmanEX: agreed. to much. i think Rachelle has the experience to pull that, looking at her experiences at imdb anyways. personally im voting She-Hulk out since she doesnt have alot of relevance to THundras initial story and they wont meet untill much later (though an eventual Lady Liberators film would be right on). thats just me. but like i said size just isnt an issue. thats never what it really is in films.
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By moviegeek17
    @AngelFrost:  I saw new moon but not twilight, i didn't really pay attention to it though. but now that i realize that she is in it ill give it another look. Cause she is straight up awesome and i'll pretty much think of her as a vampire thundra lol
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DevilmanEX:  There aren't many 6' foot tall actresses in Hollywood,  and the ones that are 6 feet tall, are well, old (Brooke Shields & Jane Lynch for example) - And I'm taking into consideration acting ability aswell.   It's not impossible for actors and actresses to gain muscle or weight for their roles, they do it all the time. I bet Kristanna was at the gym several times a week to train for her role in Terminator.  I know what you mean, lol,  I'm just saying that it's not at all easy as what your saying,  Sometimes certain aspects have to be neglected from Comic to Screen,  & factors like muscles are changeable and height can be added by heels etc ...    Tom Cruise is about 5 foot 7, which is considered quite small for a man, but thats easily deceivable in his movies.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AngelFrost
    @moviegeek17:  Rachelle isn't featured that much in Twilight and New Moon,  but she definately makes an impression.  She's the crazy, red haired vampire who does all the backflips and runs from the Wolves in New Moon.   - She has an even shorter role in Twilight, but you get to hear her voice which just sends shivers down my spine!
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By moviegeek17

first off its awesome to finally see some thundra fans, i've been looking around forever for this! lol But seriously i've got a few things that i definitely want in a thudra film otherwise whats the point of it if it sucks right?

1.) Rachelle Lefevre must be Thundra!!! look at her she is beautiful! and i think she is more than up for kicking the marvel u's ass (just saying) 

No Caption Provided

2. the first movie should be about her going up the ranks of the sisterhood to become the strongest woman warrior there is.
    3.) set up some new thundra villains (cause to be honest she needs a couple more that appply to her world.
    4.) by the end of the first film or maybe the second film she must realize that the only way to win her war is to travel back in time and defeat the world's strongest man.
    5.) Thundra must be a badass. i dont want hollywood making her out to be a wimp. i dont mind there being character development like doubt or anything. but when push comes to shove she must be able to woop lot of ass in as badass of a way possible.
    6.) make it about her. worry about the hulk and the rest of the marvel u later. we need to see what someone like her is capable of before we get the cool fanboy moments.
    7.) get someone who likes the character to make the movie and it will be hard to go wrong with it

what do you guys think? oh and sorry about ranting lol
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

THE GLAMAZON! 

Beth Phoenix-The Glamazon
     Beth Phoenix-The Glamazon
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moviegeek17
    @AngelFrost: 
    oh that cool :)
    do you think she soudns like a thundra to you? i sadly enough cant remember her voice :(
    oh and what do you think of my new thundra film ideas?
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By moviegeek17
    @AngelFrost said:
    " I think she'd be perfect.  [: I'm a huge fan of Rachelle's.  She's a beautiful, talented actress with a body to die for! 
    No Caption Provided
    "
    @AngelFrost: 
    oh and where did you find this photo? its awesome! :)
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AngelFrost
    @moviegeek17:  Well I made the manipulation by myself, (combining the photos together and adding text)  but I got the picture of rachelle from:

http://www.rachellelefevre.us/

& I think Rachelle has a distinctive voice, especially in Twilight,  as soon as she speaks you just know that she's gonna kill you, lol. And I think your ideas are fantastic :D

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By devilmanex
    @AngelFrost:  hmm...I just realized I was being very sexist.  Actors gain and lose weight all the time.  Christian Bale (supposedly) went from 170lb in Equilibrium to 120lb in The Machinist to 230lb in Batman Begins (prep work he cut down to like 200lb before shooting).  Taking that into consideration an actress can do it just as much.  I do want to point out though 93% of actors/ actresses are unemployed.  So I'm sure there are some tall women who can actually act but just aren't in public eye.  

@CATMANEXE:

I definitely agree that looks aren't everything.  But in movies its the director's job to harness the talent of the actors and get the desired result for the character.  Its the happy medium between looks and ability.  In movies looks usually, not always, but usually gets people cast.  When you send your head shots to an agency they pretty much look to see if they need your look 'type'.  In theater ability has a little more to do with it.  

But hey I understand both you guys just really want the actress to know what shes doing on camera.   That's 100% understandable lol  OOO remember though Christopher Reeves was pretty green when he was in Supes I
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By moviegeek17
    @AngelFrost: 
    1.)First off awesome job with the manipulation i dig it :)
    2.)  thanks for the site
    3.) Awesome is her voice like badass mixed with authoritative?
    4.) thanks. i've had these thoughts on a movie for her for some time now as you can tell lol. 
    5.) there is a slight tweak that i want to add to my idea though. i want thundra to straight out beat the thing in her 2nd or 3rd  movie(i think the 3rd movie would be best). Cause the one thing that always pissed me off about their fights was that she pretty much won all the times they fight but then they would pull something at the end that would be like she won but not officially, that always bothered so i think it should be changed lol.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By devilmanex
    @Vance Astro: LOL now she could kick my ass

@moviegeek17:  What else was she in,  I've never seen Twilight
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Beth Phoenix FTW,

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By moviegeek17
    @Vance Astro said:
    "

THE GLAMAZON! 

"
    She's too buff. in my opinion, Thundra has to be both strong and sexy, but overly buff chicks are kind of. well not thundra lol. look at how she is drawn in the red hulk lately strong but still feminine, they have got to maintain that if they want to cast thundra correctly and thats why Rachelle Lefevre in my opinion would the perfect thundra for a movie.
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By moviegeek17
    @DevilmanEX: 
    she's been in a lot of tv shows like how i met your mother, the summit and eli stone
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DevilmanEX:You might like the site:    http://www.tallwomen.org/famous/   - lol.
     But your right, it's ashame that tall women aren't recognised more.  I'm pretty tall myself,  Infact, I'm the tallest among my girl- friends, and I hate it. :/  - So I guess it's a confidence thing when it comes to famous tall women, and the fact that Hollywood aim at the 'smaller' actresses for television and movie roles ... all in a sexist attempt to make the male look more dominant, I believe.

@moviegeek17:  I'll try and find you a clip. [:

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AngelFrost
    @moviegeek17: 

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By devilmanex
    @AngelFrost: I couldn't agree with you more.  Most male television and movie actors aren't that tall.  You do have some models who convert to acting and thats another story but for the most part they aren't.  So how do you make em look big?  You cast a smaller cast around them.  In theater its actually closer to the other way around because you strive for the stage presence so you want tall folk. I know all this because I'm in that 93% I told you about lol Half the employees I work with in the gym are unemployed actors.  But nonetheless you go girl for being tall!  Most confident guys I know like tall chics.  Now I'm gonna find my Thundra at that link
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @moviegeek17 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "

THE GLAMAZON! 

"
    She's too buff. in my opinion, Thundra has to be both strong and sexy, but overly buff chicks are kind of. well not thundra lol. look at how she is drawn in the red hulk lately strong but still feminine, they have got to maintain that if they want to cast thundra correctly and thats why Rachelle Lefevre in my opinion would the perfect thundra for a movie. "
    Beth Phoenix isn't that buff..what are you talking about "overly buff"? I think her body is more Thundra than Rachelle Lefevre's is....

No Caption Provided

Look at these..Look at Thundra's arms and her cheek bones.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DevilmanEX:  Yeah. Women are getting taller and men are getting shorter, lol.    Famke Janssen, Karolina Kurkova, Rebecca Romijn and Kristanna Loken (all 5 foot 11) have all been famous Supermodels and converted to acting. [:   (Famke and Rebecca in X-Men, Karolina in GI Joe Movie and Kristanna in Terminator/BloodRayne)     Thankfully, I'm a Media Student,  so I know most of the tricks they use.  Tom Cruise always demands that most of his camera angles are low-angle, so that he appears to look taller than he actually is,  and smaller cast-members are also hired aswell.   Go Guy! - I'm sure you'll find an acting job soon. ^_^   and they do? - I've dated a few guys who have been smaller than me, the men seem to be short where i am from.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By devilmanex
    @Vance Astro: ..............I think you've done it
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Vance Astro:  Now we come to this .... wrestlers.  ¬_¬     Their whole job is to act and they aren't even good at it. :P    Do you seriously think she could carry the weight of her own movie on those broad, man-like shoulders of hers?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " @Vance Astro: ..............I think you've done it "
    :O excuse me? - we have just been having a major rant about height ... then you agree with the chick thats 5 foot 6?  Pfffft.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @AngelFrost said:

" @Vance Astro:  Now we come to this .... wrestlers.  ¬_¬     Their whole job is to act and they aren't even good at it. :P    Do you seriously think she could carry the weight of her own movie on those broad, man-like shoulders of hers? "

I'm not suggesting Beth is a good actress just that she has the right physical build.She's only playing Thundra...she doesn't have to say much. If she's going to be fighting She-Hulk I bet she could make it look more believable than Rachelle..

@AngelFrost

said:

" @DevilmanEX said:

" @Vance Astro: ..............I think you've done it "

:O excuse me? - we have just been having a major rant about height ... then you agree with the chick thats 5 foot 6?  Pfffft. "
    It's not very hard to make someone look taller.They do it with Wrestlers all the time.It's all about the camera.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.