Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8612 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

New Mjolnir for the Real Thor in Marvel Legacy Same Shaped by his Original Mjolnir

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
    genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
    genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made by Daniel Acuna

Idont Know if this True or Not

Maybe not True Idont know some fans will be happy and Some fans not happy about it.

I saw Some Comment in Other Forum They Said.

I be Think if that New Mjolnir Same Shaped by Real Mjolnir is That Ultimate Mjolnir got broken and remodel Similar to Original Mjolnir or Dwarf use Uru Meteor Metal Create new Mjolnir Same Design of Real Mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half measures by Marvel won't lull me back in.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I guess I missed this before I made my thread on it. Should have checked. It makes perfect sense Marvel want to have their cake and eat it too. Jane gets to keep Mjolnir and stay alive, Thor gets a Mjolnir II, everyone's happy in Marvel's eyes. It doesn't work that way I'm afraid, this is a cheap ploy to satisfy both groups of fans that doesn't work.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman  Online

@lvenger said:

I guess I missed this before I made my thread on it. Should have checked. It makes perfect sense Marvel want to have their cake and eat it too. Jane gets to keep Mjolnir and stay alive, Thor gets a Mjolnir II, everyone's happy in Marvel's eyes. It doesn't work that way I'm afraid, this is a cheap ploy to satisfy both groups of fans that doesn't work.

I hate multiple characters like this. Throws away uniqueness and individuality out the window. It waters down concepts and distinctions so everything is generic.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @lvenger said:

I hate multiple characters like this. Throws away uniqueness and individuality out the window. It waters down concepts and distinctions so everything is generic.

So what do you think about the multiple Flashes/Green Lanterns/Captain Americas?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman  Online

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:
    @lvenger said:

So what do you think about the multiple Flashes/Green Lanterns/Captain Americas?

Green Lantern is mostly ok because their concept is based on being a corps. Though they did have some distinction with limited amount of Earth Lanterns. That was ruined when they kept adding on to them though.

Flash worked because Barry was gone and Jay was retired. It didn't work when he came back. I like both Barry and Wally but you can't have them both. SMH now they have two Wallys. * groan*

There should only be one Captain America at a time. Not to mention one Steve Rogers. the good one an not the evil one. THere is no excuse there.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#10  Edited By KrleAvenger

@dernman: Jay retired but eventually he came back. He was active even when Wally was the Flash. When Barry came back, Wally wasn't active. Or was but he hasn't been seen/shown that much.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dernman  Online

@dernman: Jay retired but eventually he came back. He was active even when Wally was the Flash. When Barry came back, Wally wasn't active. Or was but he hasn't been seen/shown that much.

He was still semi retired. He wasn't on the forfront and mostly went by Jay Garrick. Still even that took away from it. I was just being generous by giving him an excuse.

Truthfully if I had my way I'd either retire him from superhero life or at least put him on Earth 2 which is written just as legit as the main universe.

Exactly Wally wasn't shown so it gave it some excuse to minimaze the problem. It still was a problem but it was minimized.

THere are some exceptions but having your cake and eating it too isn't a good thing.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I see your point. There is only one part I want to focus on.

Truthfully if I had my way I'd either retire him from superhero life or at least put him on Earth 2 which is written just as legit as the main universe.

Earth 2 wasn't a thing in Post-Crisis. Crisis on Infinite Earths retconned Earth 2 Super Heroes into being the first super heroes of the DC Universe (New Earth/main DC continuity Post-Crisis) during WWII who later retired. So he couldn't be a hero of Earth 2 since Earth 2 has been retconned. Unless Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis changed that and I wasn't aware of it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman  Online

@krleavenger said:

@dernman: I see your point. There is only one part I want to focus on.

Earth 2 wasn't a thing in Post-Crisis. Crisis on Infinite Earths retconned Earth 2 Super Heroes into being the first super heroes of the DC Universe (New Earth/main DC continuity Post-Crisis) during WWII who later retired. So he couldn't be a hero of Earth 2 since Earth 2 has been retconned. Unless Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis changed that and I wasn't aware of it.

I never said it was so there is no point to you mentioning it.

I'm saying what I would do if I was in control of DC. I would bring back Earth two then retcon the Golden Age characters there. With the exception of those like Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman and so on who distanced themselves from them.

Run it legit, meaning not expendable and crappy like N52 did it.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's just dumb watch Thor get his comic and Jane get her separate one her sales numbers will go to shit. As it's already been said marvel are trying to please everyone but it doesn't work like that, Thor needs his real hammer back I don't get what's so hard about doing that.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:

That's just dumb watch Thor get his comic and Jane get her separate one her sales numbers will go to shit. As it's already been said marvel are trying to please everyone but it doesn't work like that, Thor needs his real hammer back I don't get what's so hard about doing that.

Exactly! Jane should bomb horribly and then all those fake Thor fans who justified Marvels SJW agenda by saying "well she is selling better than Odinson" will get shown to be the idiots they are.

Of course, even if it bombs that is no guarantee marvel will change anything. SJW's always double down, we've all seen as much these several years.

They'll complain about it being cancelled but they won't even be buying it themselves they'll just complain to have something to be mad at

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on Marvel! You can't have you cake and eat it too.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on Marvel! You can't have your cake and eat it too.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new hammer looks worse, but at least they gave him a hammer. I can't wait for this event! :D

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

Somewhat off-topic I do enjoy Daniel Acuna's art quite a bit.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why the hell cant they just give his goddamn hammer back.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Asgaard

@asgardianbrony: @thunderprince: @thorthunder98: @titing2101:

Guys... Its just the third page from Avengers legacy comic (#672).

And knowing the context (01, 02, 03, 04) of it, i honestly don't think it means anything for the future of Thor after Legacy...

Its just marvel comics editorial trying to give the impression to that few new readers (Avengers comics sell really poorly in the current days) that the current line of Avengers means something for the lore of this franchise, basically who the Avengers are and were since they were born...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yea that makes sense, you're usually right about this stuff

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Well that is even more depressing. I wonder what is it going to take for them to give us back Thor? They seem determined to stick with Jane and all the other SJW character until the bitter end.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29 god_spawn  Moderator

I wouldn't mind that being Thor's new outfit for awhile, though. I'm actually fond of the short hair but that seems like a good mix of his all new outfit with some current takes on it. Even if it is a bait and switch.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind that being Thor's new outfit for awhile, though. I'm actually fond of the short hair but that seems like a good mix of his all new outfit with some current takes on it. Even if it is a bait and switch.

Seems more in line with the Ragnarok design of Thor. I miss the hair and helmet though, there was something about Thor that let him pull it off. Though I think I prefer short hair compared to a ponytail, Thor with a ponytail looks wrong.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31 god_spawn  Moderator

@lvenger: The whole haircut thing was more likely to put him in line with it. I think this a solid medium between both or if he did, him growing his hair out. I honestly think it looks more like Thunderstrike than anything, but overall a solid design.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.