Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8612 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Mangog is back!

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

In the end of The Mighty Thor #17, we found out that the Shi'ar Gods have and ultimate judgment, which happened to be none other than the Mangog! How does everyone feel that we will see the Mangog once again?

He hasn't been getting the best treatment since we seen him fighting the Avengers and Thunderstrike (his power level seemingly less impressive), but I'm sure Aaron is going to write him like a beast here. Also, I think the long question of who is more formidable, the Destroyer Amour or Mangog could finally be answered in the next issue!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@newworldorder: Jane is about to fight the Phoenix force in the next issue but yeah a confident gladiator got his butt handed to him by DA.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@newworldorder: oi oi it would be pis

Yeah, but you already know Aaron is going to let the flaming bird get a beatdown like everyone who goes against Jane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: I don't think so cuz in the solicitation it's mentioned that she would seek Quentin quires help and in mighty Thor #19 Thor will join her,she may end up hurting the Phoenix but imo that's the best she can do besides in the upcoming unworthy Thor #5 Thor is battling thanos I want to see how this fight turns out.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NewWorldOrder

@mowjack said:

@newworldorder: I don't think so cuz in the solicitation it's mentioned that she would seek Quentin quires help and in mighty Thor #19 Thor will join her,she may end up hurting the Phoenix but imo that's the best she can do besides in the upcoming unworthy Thor #5 Thor is battling thanos I want to see how this fight turns out.

That's true, I could very well see her harming the Phoenix or summoning a large storm against it. I'm more interested in Thor against Thanos and Mangog though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Good shout, I didn't realise that was Mangog's hand until I saw this thread. It makes sense though since Mangog showed up in that double page spread of Jane and the enemies she'd face in Thor: God of Thunder #25. It would be very cool if Aaron wrote a Destroyer vs Mangog fight to answer who is the mightier Thor enemy.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Isn't the real Thor gonna appear in the comic to help fight the phoenix force with Jane also idk why Mangog is the 'final judgement' or whatever it was doesn't really make sense to me why he's appearing but OK

Avatar image for deactivated-59a10bc833249
    deactivated-59a10bc833249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No entity can defeat the might of Jane Fraudsthor...

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Good shout, I didn't realise that was Mangog's hand until I saw this thread. It makes sense though since Mangog showed up in that double page spread of Jane and the enemies she'd face in Thor: God of Thunder #25. It would be very cool if Aaron wrote a Destroyer vs Mangog fight to answer who is the mightier Thor enemy.

No problem man.

I had to double take myself when I saw that hand and realized it belonged to none other than the Mangog. I recall the cover spread and was awaiting his arrival. Hopefully, Jason writes him to his full potential here and doesn't make him job. I hope we see him against the Destroyer.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@newworldorder: I hope Dauterman draws that fight, as much as I hate Aaron's writing, Dauterman's art is stunning.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@newworldorder: I hope Dauterman draws that fight, as much as I hate Aaron's writing, Dauterman's art is stunning.

Agreed!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the Mangog concept and character, but he's about to be jobbed out.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another classic uber-powerful character that's about to job to Jane. Jane-Thor reminds me alot of the Loebforce Rulk. Nothing but established popular-powerful characters jobbing to make the new character look good.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Jane doesn't pown him like Odin sigh..

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't think they'll have Mangog look weaker. I think we'll see Jane getting stomped similarly to how she did against the Destroyer Armour.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't think they'll have Mangog look weaker. I think we'll see Jane getting stomped similarly to how she did against the Destroyer Armour.

She'll get stomped and win via PIS or some plot device.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "PIS" here will likely be that Mangog had an "awakening" and went through gender reassignment surgery.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: I don't think mangog is facing jane,Thor might face mangog.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:

The "PIS" here will likely be that Mangog had an "awakening" and went through gender reassignment surgery.

by Odin's beard! don't give them any ideas...

I don't think they're open to outside influence at this point as it seems they've set the controls to autopilot in an attempt to feminize the Thor cast of characters...they did it to Kurse and apparently there's a female substitute for Surtur as well. So, yeah, doesn't strike me as a "new" idea for Marvel at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.