Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18943 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

how would you retcon superman how would you do it?

• 115 results
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

Alternate versions of him only , focusing on overman and ultraman along with another superman

America can do better, make Nazi league. Pretty tame, since history is fair game. America needs to cut away with its censors, they do have those things.

But where could you possibly go with the story after a few issues? A mini I could understand, but an on-going series? It would fail and quickly.

You're saying they should make a series portraying the Nazis, a group responsible for the genocide of millions, as HEROES? I'm sorry, but that's really, REALLY wrong. Germany, as a whole, is ashamed of it's past as Nazis.

Between this and you going on about how good and necessary rape in fiction was in the "What if Superman was female" thread, I can see there's no point in trying to convince you anything.

Not to mention we've majorly derailed this thread.

I'm out.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@jonny_anonymous: Name them for Thor silver surfer captain marvel sentry and hulk then

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

@comicstooge:

DCU is a big place, a very very big place .... 52 verses to explore

Yeah, it's not like they don't have racist comics or anything (check Wyatt Mann or Chick Tracts)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#104  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sog7dc said:

@jonny_anonymous: Name them for Thor silver surfer captain marvel sentry and hulk then

• Thor: stab him with a Jormungand Tooth or destroy his hammer and he's dead
    • Silver Surfer: See Requiem
    • Captain Marvel: Cancer
    • Sentry: Void/insanity
    • Hulk: Calm him down
    SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SOG7dc

@sog7dc said:

ok so thors weaknesses are stabbing with something that is no doubt icredibly difficult to obtain and then stabbing someone with 1000s of years of combat experience or destroying something that is for all intents and purposes indestructible

silver surfers weakness is him just eventually dying

ive never read anything about him having cancer

him getting stronger is a weakness?

then why doesn't everybody just calm him down?

these are hardly weaknesses equivalent to that of superman. with superman youb pull out a roc and he's dead or you blast him with magic a few times and he's dead. nice try but no cigar

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#106  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sog7dc said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sog7dc said:

ok so thors weaknesses are stabbing with something that is no doubt icredibly difficult to obtain and then stabbing someone with 1000s of years of combat experience or destroying something that is for all intents and purposes indestructible

these are hardly weaknesses equivalent to that of superman. with superman youb pull out a roc and he's dead or you blast him with magic a few times and he's dead. nice try but no cigar

• So rare that Doc Ock got hold of one, so experienced the Rhino stabbed him with it. The hammer isn't the least bit indestructible, it's been broken loads of times.
    • Silver Surfer doesn't need any more weaknesses as he's not a super hero
    • What? Are you kidding me? That's the most famous Captain Marvel story ever written
    • Him loosing his mind is his weakness
    • They do, it happens all the time.

your just hating because you seem to think more power = better character and that's just plain wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know weather I'd actually want to retconn him. But I wouldn't mind seeing him in else worlds story about him in world war two. Maybe at Man of steel movie version of his powers and the whole thing would be about him joining the army just because he wants to serve his country. Plus he doesn't actually want to use his powers to fight the war but he ends up using them to save people. I don't think it would be done but one can dream.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SOG7dc

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sog7dc said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sog7dc said:

• So rare that Doc Ock got hold of one, so experienced the Rhino stabbed him with it. The hammer isn't the least bit indestructible, it's been broken loads of times.
    • Silver Surfer doesn't need any more weaknesses as he's not a super hero
    • What? Are you kidding me? That's the most famous Captain Marvel story ever written
    • Him loosing his mind is his weakness
    • They do, it happens all the time.

your just hating because you seem to think more power = better character and that's just plain wrong

1. that just seems like "PIS" how would dock ock be able to get a hold of something like that

2.how is he not a super hero? and that wasn't even a weakness that was just im dying

3. im new to comics and I don't really care for CM as I see him as a superman ripoff. and how would cancer even qualify as a weakness "oh no my tumor is throbbing in the midst of battle!"

4. so him losing his mind then becoming stronger is a weakness? no its not. im talking Achilles heel here. kryptonite is a weakness going crazy is an inconvenience

5. like I said before im new to comics but if this is the case why not calm down WWhulk or Worldbreaker?

and im not hating this is no doubt a subjective argument im making but that doesn't make me wrong. its just my opinion. and I don't think "more power= better character" but as a fan I do want my favorite top tier character to be on equal footing with the others. as a superman fan it upsets me that my favorite character has so many stupid weaknesses while other characters in his power bracket have no real weaknesses.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

DCU is a big place, a very very big place .... 52 verses to explore

Yeah, it's not like they don't have racist comics or anything (check Wyatt Mann or Chick Tracts)

And it shouldn't be wasted on stories about Super-Nazis.

You're criticizing the whole industry based on the actions of two biggots?

And as terrible as Wyatt Mann, glorifying a group who slaughtered millions of people based on race and trying to portray them as heroes "who fight for the human race" is almost as bad, if not just as bad.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

It would not be 'wasted', I can see moore writing a good Nazi protagonist

Nope, just saying to break out from their moral box a bit

Not really, they just made fun of history as people die everyday. Mongols killed more before they had poison gas and we love the barbars.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

It would not be 'wasted', I can see moore writing a good Nazi protagonist

Nope, just saying to break out from their moral box a bit

Not really, they just made fun of history as people die everyday. Mongols killed more before they had poison gas and we love the barbars.

Why would Alan Moore want to write about Nazis? Also, what would this Nazi Protagonist do? Commit mass genocide for a few issues then get his face smashed in by the Justice League, then end up in the Phantom Zone for all eternity?

Their "moral box" is fine as it is. The 90's was terrible enough. Not to mention what I read of Wyatt Mann and Chick Tracts was completely garbage.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

A writer of his caliber should be able to do it. Like any other protagonist, spread and conquer then enact their version of justice. NO. He will not get smashed by the league, or end in the phantom zone. That would be lame and predictable.

Garbage with a fanbase.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

A writer of his caliber should be able to do it. Like any other protagonist, spread and conquer then enact their version of justice. NO. He will not get smashed by the league, or end in the phantom zone. That would be lame and predictable.

Garbage with a fanbase.

No writer would WANT to do it. Unless you're Frank Millar or something. What Justice? The justice to commit mass genocide on millions of innocent people just based on the fact they're of a certain ethnic background? What justice is there in that?

And that's logically what would happen, the Justice League wouldn't sit back and let Nazi-man do whatever he wanted.

A lot of garbage has a fanbase. Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, One Direction etc, etc. That doesn't make it good.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

You don't know that, its just useless per pressure to keep them moral. Subjective racial justice, in their perspective and people always side with the victim without looking both ways.

Its not like they went out and systematically stop all horrors done on all alternate earths, nor did the heroes even stop their own histories.

Says any fandom to any other fandom

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

You don't know that, its just useless per pressure to keep them moral. Subjective racial justice, in their perspective and people always side with the victim without looking both ways.

Its not like they went out and systematically stop all horrors done on all alternate earths, nor did the heroes even stop their own histories.

Says any fandom to any other fandom

This seems appropriate:

Loading Video...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@sog7dc: did it do anything remotely close to the old omega beams?

did it curve

did it cause pain

did it annihilate

did it BFR?

just re-read it. he shot them at superman then flash tried to help superman dodge them. then flash tried to run away. the beams split up and one chased supes and one chased Flash. and they did a ton of curving throughout metropolis around buildings and everything. flash dodged his but supes got hit in the back. it nocked him out for a few minutes but didn't kill him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.