Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17263 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Let The Spider-Man 4 Rumors Begin

• 74 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    With no information about "Spider-Man 4," we're bound to be bombarded with rumors.  People seem to really enjoy them.  The problem is you never know when you can fully trust them.  Sure some sources are more reliable than others.  I like to look at them as remote possibilities.  I've seen some rumors at two different places just today.  Until we hear any official word, it's just a guessing game.

Over at Mania, an anonymous user sent a link an Australian site, Hoyts Cinema.  On the site there was a stub page for the movie.  It also had the following synopsis:
    Peter Parker now faces a more greater threat. After a man is accidentally killed in an electrical power outage; a mass murderer has bonded with a symbiote. Thus wreaking havoc as Peter faces this red rampage, as well as an electrifying madman.

I'm sure we can figure out who the two villains could be.  Mania was quick to point out that the fact that this information would pop up on an Australian site and the questionable grammar structure of the synopsis makes the whole thing highly questionable.

I was hesitant to even post that until I saw another post at MTV.  Sam Raimi was asked if he knew anything about the proposed Venom spin-off Sony expressed interest in last summer.  This was Raimi's reply:
    “I guess I don’t know about that,” Raimi told MTV News when asked about the “Venom” film. “Do you mean Carnage? Maybe you’re referring to a separate movie?”

“I must be the poorest source of information you’ve come across!” laughed Raimi. “I’m supposed to know, but both those things could be [in production] and I don’t know about it!”

Does he know something we don't?  I think it's still too early to think anything.  Maybe  some ideas are being thrown about.  I have to admit I would be surprised if Raimi went with Carnage.  He had stated that he wasn't crazy about Venom to begin with.  People have complained about having the Green Goblin and Harry continue to pop up in all three previous movies.  With Spider-Man's vast rogues gallery, you would think that there are plenty of others to choose from.  We'll just have to wait and see and play the guessing game until we get some official word.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Electro would be cool on the big screen. But personally I have no interest in seeing Carnage. Especially right after seeing Venom, would it really be that much different? Yeah he's red, awesome (sarcasm). It seems most people don't like having to many villains show up but I wouldn't mind seeing the Sinister Six in the 4th movie. But if that's a no go bring on Kraven the Hunter.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Precise

Please not a symbiote..

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I really hope they don't use Carnage. Electro could be cool. I have a feeling he would be more like Ult Electro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Electro and Carnage could be good if done right.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

My vote is still for Lizard and Mysterio. Like Gambler said too, Kraven would be awesome if done right.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Precise

Hm... I kinda want to see Morlun as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

wow, No one wants to see what they've been setting up for three movies? Lizard.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
    TheDrifter said:
    "wow, No one wants to see what they've been setting up for three movies? Lizard.
    "
    Nobody said:
    "My vote is still for Lizard and Mysterio..
    "

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I'd love to see The Lizard. I'd love to see only one villain in Spider-Man 4, and not have this one die. The Lizard in SM4, Electro in SM5, Mysterio in SM6, Kraven in SM7

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

I don't want two villains in the next movie.... Period.

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Rookie

I wanna see carnage!

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see either the Lizard or Kraven.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mutant X

CARNAGE ftw!!

Yeah, Venom sucked, but they could definitely pull off Carnage if they know how.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

i would like to see carnage if done right. i also have no problem with two villains. 3 is to many. I would like to see Kraven and carnage. Spidermn goes after smaller guys while kraven comes after him and they should start with carnage beating the sh!t out of venom than goin after spiderman. While Kraven is about to take out the spider carnage knocks him out of the way unknowingly. Spiderman (thining it is venom returned in a new suit) tries to take on carnage as he would venom, as he gets beat to the ground carnage talks about how he hates his father and he is a better killer than venom will ever be. Kraven in the mean time is watching and studying his prey trying to figure out what it is and if it might be his next big game.

thats all i can think of right now

~Clover~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ~Clover~

It was the director who mess everything up, That Venom hater.. Venom should sneak into his house at night and castrate him... Is Ether Venom or Lizard, The are not showing the Doctor just for the heck of it is obvious the doctor is coming soon. The most possible is that they fallow the (Kraven hunting the Lizard) Thing.. Although Spider man four and five were to be film one after the other.. So, who knows.. Do I smell Webs of Shadow? :P Na.. That Venom hater wouldn't do that even if it would be awesome.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mutant X
    aztek the lost said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "CARNAGE ftw!!

Yeah, Venom sucked, but they could definitely pull off Carnage if they know how.
    "
    if they failed that miserably with Venom, there's no chance they can do anything with Carnage
    "
    If Sam Raimi doesn't direct it, there's a chance. Raimi sucks.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself
    ~Clover~ said:
    "It was the director who mess everything up, That Venom hater.. Venom should sneak into his house at night and castrate him... Is Ether Venom or Lizard, The are not showing the Doctor just for the heck of it is obvious the doctor is coming soon. The most possible is that they fallow the (Kraven hunting the Lizard) Thing.. Although Spider man four and five were to be film one after the other.. So, who knows.. Do I smell Webs of Shadow? :P Na.. That Venom hater wouldn't do that even if it would be awesome.
    "
    the films are not being filmed back to back that rumor was shot down and web of shadows was a terrible game it would make an even more terrible movie
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck
    aztek the lost said:
    "G-Man said:
      It also had the following synopsis:
    Peter Parker now faces a more greater threat. After a man is accidentally killed in an electrical power outage; a mass murderer has bonded with a symbiote. Thus wreaking havoc as Peter faces this red rampage, as well as an electrifying madman.

"
    if that's the official synopsis I don't want any part in this movie...

and frankly, unless the villain is Lizard or Kraven I don't know why I'd want to watch it either
    "
    From what Sam Raimi has said, they haven't even started with the ideas yet.  I'm sure they're playing around with some things.  Even so, there's no way it would get leaked out to an Australian movie chain.
    Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By sonofhercules95

I actauly want to just see the rhino,carnage, and the return of the sandman.(also the black cat)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Kraven and Lizard makes the most sense. You can do a multiple villain movie as long as the number of villains is less than 3 and as long as they don't have completely different plot lines that become horribly convoluted. The problem with Spider-Man 3 is that you had villains that had absolutely nothing to do with each other and none of them got the developement they needed. It's almost as if they took a bowl of ridiculous plot lines, shoved them down the barrel of a cannon and fined it at a wall and made that into a movie.

Jet jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jet jaguar

i think they don't put people that were in one of the games in one of the movies, that's probably why they picked carnage and electro when they could picked some cooler people.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mutant X
    sonofhercules95 said:
    "I actauly want to just see the rhino,carnage, and the return of the sandman.(also the black cat)"
    Hell no. Too many. Carnage and Black Cat would be cool though.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By ComicCrazy

Since doc connors has been in every spiderman movie so far the lizard has to be introduced in the movies sometime rather.

No Caption Provided

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Darkchild

Id love to see Electro cause frankly hes cooler than Carnage by a landslide. All Carnage is a moody crazy person, and i have enough of those in my family i see everyday i dont need to watch it on film

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mutant X
    Darkchild said:
    "Id love to see Electro cause frankly hes cooler than Carnage by a landslide. All Carnage is a moody crazy person, and i have enough of those in my family i see everyday i dont need to watch it on film
    "
    I'm sorry to hear that...

but Carnage is wayyy cooler than Electro imo... he's a maniacal serial killer with a twisted outlook on life, let alone he has a symbiote that loves killing as much as he does. That's the kinda bad guys that gets me.
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Lizard is interesting because he isnt really evil....he'd have a lot more complex storyline than someonelike Electro or Carnage...besides the guy is actually bright.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By warlock360

lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddd aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnd carnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mutant X
    Voidheart said:
    "lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddd aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnd carnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!
    "
    Agreed.

But if they do that, I wouldn't want them to just mash everything up like in Spider-man 3. It's gotta actually make SENSE.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Namor1987

Jim Carey as Carnage & Electro would be badass if he didnt have such a cartoony costume

captaincrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By captaincrew

Well I have good news and bad. Its been rumored that Linsey Lohan could possibly pop up. yes the party girl who got a DUI while driving Herbie. I agree its most likely to be the lizard but what about Gwen Stacy? doesn't she become a costumed villian. I am bummed with the death of Doc Oc, thier can be no incidiouse six. I do wish for a king pin but daredevil kind of ruined that. Lastly, just tossing this out thier, Bruce Camble playing a villian would be the sweetest thing ever. He could do Kraven.

Baraborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baraborn

Movie 4 should be about the "spider" in the Spiderman, at the beginning of the movie Peter & MJ are engaged to be married.
    All the movies have an emotional struggle, in this one its being there for MJ and starting married life, while transforming into man-spider, who is really just the natural evolution of a "spider" man.
    The villains are the Lizard, and Kraven: hunting both of them. Starting out as a compitition to catch Lizard, but to put Lizard down man-spider is unleashed.
    But there's a setup for Carnage at the end. (There could be Black Cat (Gwen Stacey) helping Kraven to bring Peter back, maybe but probably not.)

Gwen Stacey is the only way Black Cat can exist in the movie universe.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mutant X
    Baraborn said:
    "Gwen Stacey is the only way Black Cat can exist in the movie universe."
    Why is that?

If they could just throw Gwen Stacy in Spider-man 3 out of nowhere, I'm sure they could just throw Felicia Hardy in Spider-man 4 the same way.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Media_Master

Lizard needs to be in 4, has to!!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Martian
    Namor1987 said:
    "Jim Carey as Carnage"
    That would be awful.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Nobody said:
    "Namor1987 said:
    "Jim Carey as Carnage"
    That would be awful."

Venom=sickest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Venom=sickest

Lizard deserves a film role. But can they base an entire film on SpiderMan vs the Lizard?

Frankly, I'm amazed they would keep going. It seems like they had that lovely climactic ending for Spiderman 3, and the Trilogy (albeit BAD) was finally complete.

I'm done with Spider-man. After the Venom movie, I'm finished with Marvel film adaptions, unless it turns out to be really good lol.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Martian
    Voidheart said:
    "lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddd aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnd carnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!"
    There would be no character depth with Lizard and Carnage. You have a man turned into a mindless beast. And a guy who was already a monster gaining powers. There would be nothing to it, except fighting.
    Avatar image for knightinbatmanarmor
    knightinbatmanarmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope black cat is in there, and if they make gwen the black cat, I swear that I will shoot myself. Felicia has to be there somehow, even if it is a cameo and not in costume. I think that the lizard has the best chance of being the villain. But please no multiple enmies. If they want spidey to battle a villain in the beginning to lead into the movie, maybe like rhino or scorpion or something would be cool. But the problem with three was that they split so little time between two villains, leaving little time to give venom the true justice that he needed. So I am thinking lizard for four, and maybe kraven (who is a classic spidey villain, I think), so put him in number four, and you would basically encompass many of the main villains from the comics.

Grim-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Grim-Zero

One word for anothr Spider-Man 4....MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for harley_wanna_be
    Harley Wanna-be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Harley Wanna-be

Many rumors state that Black Cat is going to be in the next film. That would piss a lot of people off, because no one is going to live up to the people's expectations.

MadLucied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MadLucied

Given how they did the symbiote in the last film, if they do bring in carnage, I don't have high hopes for it. Not only that, but I can't imaine a movie with carnage and it NOT being rated R

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lonefang6x6
    i want to see carnage and the lizard in this one
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By SUNMAN

I agree with the lizard, but it is too soon for carnage and if they do him they actually need to develop his character and not rush Cassidy like they did Eddie Brock

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KasadyCarnage

Lets go Carnage! Bring on the hurt! My vote is Carnage... just Carnage as the villain... maybe Black Cat. Also my second vote would be Lizard cus he is long over due and Kraven since he hunts the Lizard in most issues.

Avatar image for spider_man_earth_616
    Spider-Man EARTH-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven ,Lizard ,Scorpion ,Morlun but definetly not Carnage

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Andferne

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By Dreadmaster

I WANT LIZARD!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.