Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4968 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

Will Namor be Featured in 'Iron Man 3'?

• 84 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Another internet rumor has caught people's attention, but after a bit of research, this seems a tad more plausable than one might think. ComicBookMovie recently reported that Iron Man 3 (2013 according to imdb) chose Wilmington, North Carolina, a coastal town, to film the latest installment of the franchise. EUE/Screen Gems Studios are also in this town, and inside said studios is a giant water tank.

No Caption Provided

That's right, a giant, special effects water tank is located within the studio that Iron Man 3 will be filming at. Lots of movies have a giant special effects water tank, like Titanic or Captain America: The First Avenger. That's where the rumor ends. At this point, most people are probably thinking, "that's it? Seriously?"

However, taking a look at Iron Man 2 leads many people to believe this is a possibility because of the amount of Easter eggs in earlier films. In Iron Man 2, the title Oracle is on a few items, including the giant dome at the Stark Expo. In the comics, Oracle is a company headed by Namor. In the beginning of Iron Man 2, when Whiplash is working on his whip-tech, there is a newspaper on the board in front of him that reads: "Atlantis."

The third piece of evidence is probably the coolest. ComicBookMovie noticed this one as well. In Iron Man 2, there is a scene with Nick Fury in front of a screen with a bunch of targets on it. To the left is the still, and to the right is a map from Marvel. While Atlantis is a bit more North, the target is pretty close to Namor's Solitary Place. Unless they really mean it's the lair of the Faceless Ones, an old Namor villain. Could they be one of the villains from Iron Man 3? Probably not, that's a HUGE stretch.

No Caption Provided

Either way, this could be something Atlantis related. Yes, this is a bit off, but viewers saw numerous Captain America references in the Iron Man films before Captain America was a movie. Maybe these are actual hints and not fanboys on the net freaking out. Aside from this, it does seem like the Iron Man franchise is leading up to the Demon in a Bottle story arc, and Namor is a part of that story line to an extent. Namor has ties to Captain America and Iron Man, and although he's a mutant, he fits in better with the world of Avengers. Heck, maybe he'll even be in the upcoming Avengers film?

What do you guys think? Is the Easter eggs and water tank a GIANT leap in fanboy logic, or do you see this as true evidence that Namor will be featured in the 2013 Iron Man 3 film?

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By redmanta

just a rumor

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KidSupreme

@darkrider: It is not a rumour, its true... they casted ME to play as Namor in IronMan 3. So what I am fat and bald and have hair covering most of my body. They told me they are gonna CGI my entire face and body ... it will work yup! :D LoL

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

that would be awesome if Namor was included :)

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

Wouldn't it make more sense if Namor was in Captain America, instead? I mean...they did fight alongside each other in WW2, despite ignoring the Invaders stuff all together. Still, I think Namor would make more sense in Captain America 2 than it would in Iron Man 3.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

If this is true, than I am very excited

Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doombert

Somewhere Babs is silently praying this is true.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Oh god I hope not. I love Namor and I'm pretty sure they wont do him right.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

It might be a rumour and probably won't amount to any appearance from Namor but it would be cool if this were true.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Inverno

bullcrap

Zjd106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zjd106

Zero chance

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11  Edited By Decept-O

First, awesome little tidbits of the hints in the Iron Man movies, I never saw them. Now I will have to actually get the movies and check them out.

Here's the deal though. I could have sworn G-Man himself said something about Namor not being available for a movie due to being tied up with a studio, like Spidey is with Sony. Am I wrong? I thought I heard him mention that in a Podcast quite some time ago. He and Sara Lima discussed it as well because they were talking about whom to cast for Namor should a movie ever get produced with the character.

IF Namor is "free" though to be included in an Avengers or Iron Man movie, I say heck yeah, man that would be totally great.

Alas, all this is rumor and speculations but as always fun to talk about. Until we get our hopes dashed when the details get revealed.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love seeing cameos. So, I hope so

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

My money is on the Faceless Ones as the main villain... anyone?

anyone?

where did everyone go?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

Namor is on my top 10 characters that should never appear in the Marvel Movieverse list.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TypingKira

OH MY GOD.

Please don't be just a rumor, PLEASE don't be just a rumor, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be just a rumor ; ;

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mattydeNero

Namor would piece well with FF rather than Iron Man IMO.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Spoiler! Look who was casted as Namor...

No Caption Provided

Me!

mksystem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mksystem74

First name that pops in to my head to be cast for the role is Zachary Quinto.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Average Bear

@mksystem74 said:

First name that pops in to my head to be cast for the role is Zachary Quinto.

Same, though I wonder if producers would fear new fans confusing him with Spock. We all know how naive people can be...

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#20  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I have little chance of that, maybe a mention, naaaahhhhhh...... Zachary Qunito would be a great choice for playing him.

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Red Rum

Third movies in trilogies don't usually do good, so this rumor being true will be the first nail in the metaphorical coffin (especially if the Atlanteans have bird wings on their feet.) If they want to include underwater scenes and introduce Iron Man's hydro armor, a better character would be Stingray as a villain.

Be careful, though, since modern comic book films with 3 or more major villains tend to suck as well, like Spider-Man 3, F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and Daredevil.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By SpidermanWins

Namor? In Iron Man 3 not X-Men? Hmm... Alright then Marvel. But wait... he could be the first for the second roster in the Avengers 2. If he is going to be in it then that must be the case. They are introducing him...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#23  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

that would be cool. the movie needs new blood of some kind and Namor would be a nice character choice (though admitably all I know about him comes from his CV page I read a while back...)

@inferiorego said:

No Caption Provided

Me!

that would be amazing...

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By madrid_san

Fits better with the Avengers than X-Men? Keep your personal opinions to yourself. We wants facts not opinions. I'd rather see Namor in an upcoming X-Men movie. Perhaps starting as a member of Magneto's brotherhood then becomes an X-Men ally or member even!

davidcraig123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By davidcraig123

It's probably not true, but I would love it if it was!! It would be pretty darn awesome - and Namor could be in Avnegers 2 as well! Make it happen, Marvel!

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VioletPhoenix

noooope Jason Behr would be a PERFECT Namor

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By cobra88king8

Probably not, wouldn't he be under the FF banner? I mean if the entire Skrull species is I can't imagine FOX letting Namor slip by. Think of the tie in films!!!

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LaserLambert

I kinda find it strange that he would be in Iron Man of all the movies, but it would make sense as maybe a post credits thing

Samuel L Jackson: "hey im nick fury and look what we found at the bottom of the mother fucking ocean"

Namor: "I'll see you: NEXT TIME!"

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By madrid_san

@mattydee007 said:

Namor would piece well with FF rather than Iron Man IMO.

@mattydee007: This is actually a very good idea. If I am not mistaken, the same studios that film FF also film X-Men. Namor can then appear in both franchises.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By madrid_san

@Red Rum said:

Third movies in trilogies don't usually do good, so this rumor being true will be the first nail in the metaphorical coffin (especially if the Atlanteans have bird wings on their feet.) If they want to include underwater scenes and introduce Iron Man's hydro armor, a better character would be Stingray as a villain.

Be careful, though, since modern comic book films with 3 or more major villains tend to suck as well, like Spider-Man 3, F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and Daredevil.

Namor is the only Atlantean with wings on his ankles. That is part of his mutant powers.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oh good, another Iron man movie without Mandarin as the villain.

Seriously through Namor's first movie appearancebe in a Fantastic 4 movie, or his own movie. A cameo menition would make more people happy then putting him in the film and risking fans saying "THEY GOT HIM WRONG! FANS SMASH!"

HombreMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HombreMan

@Doctor!!!!!: Hell yes!

HombreMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HombreMan

Am I the only one who still waits for Wilvie and Spidey to appear in the Avengers francise?

Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
    Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

No Caption Provided

Me!

ROFLMAO. You're my hero,

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Rheged
    Fox doesn't own the rights to Namor.  He should be back at Marvel, if Feige was correct in asserting that Universal had nothing of Marvels.

I'd love to see Namor in a movie.  However, considering how he's been treated in more modern comics, I'm fearful of how he'd be treated in a movie. :(

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

Wouldn't it make more sense if Namor was in Captain America, instead? I mean...they did fight alongside each other in WW2, despite ignoring the Invaders stuff all together. Still, I think Namor would make more sense in Captain America 2 than it would in Iron Man 3.

I got the feeling that the Cap movie covered all of his WWII experience, so it looks like the Invaders, and the connection to Namor, is going to be ignored in the movie verse.

@Red Rum said:

Atlanteans, or Namor for that matter, don't have bird wings on their feet.  Namor has god wings on his ankles.  Why in the world would Stingray be a better choice?  He's never been a villain, and he's practically unknown.   Namor has a long history of product testing Iron Man's armor. ;p
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@madrid_san said:

Fits better with the Avengers than X-Men? Keep your personal opinions to yourself. We wants facts not opinions. I'd rather see Namor in an upcoming X-Men movie. Perhaps starting as a member of Magneto's brotherhood then becomes an X-Men ally or member even!

Namor was affiliated with Captain America and the Avengers far before he was ever affiliated with the X-Men.

The entire article is based on an internet rumor and is written by a person instead of an android. It's pretty easy to assume that there's opinion in there. I don't know about you, but I like reading articles that convey the writer's personality (something that Mat is excellent at doing, as are Alex Navarro and Tom Pinchuk) while still being informative (which this was, considering once again, it's based on a rumor).

RoninKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RoninKane

I live in Wilmington and when I heard IM3 was filming here I was split, its pretty cool to have a marvel movie filmed here and brings in money but it also means traffics is going to be fucked all summer. Stark Industries stuff has already got here.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@The Dark Huntress said:

@madrid_san said:

Namor was affiliated with Captain America and the Avengers far before he was ever affiliated with the X-Men.

The entire article is based on an internet rumor and is written by a person instead of an android. It's pretty easy to assume that there's opinion in there. I don't know about you, but I like reading articles that convey the writer's personality (something that Mat is excellent at doing, as are Alex Navarro and Tom Pinchuk) while still being informative (which this was, considering once again, it's based on a rumor).

Spoiler alert: I'm an android.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I'd like to see namor in a movie, but i dont know if iron man is the best setting, FF would be better considering the relationships among the characters.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Mercy_

@inferiorego said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@madrid_san said:

Spoiler alert: I'm an android.

Dammit...way to ruin my entire point D: Thanks a lot! Goes off to pout in the corner.

Do I need to fear an uprising from you and fesak?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By goldenkey

maybe it sets up another character for the Avengers sequel

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatteredArmor

@CaioTrubat said:

bullcrap

correct...and so poetically stated

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Daveyo520

@inferiorego: I am sure Sara is super happy you are playing one of her heart throbs.

MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By MrFantastic

That rumor is just to get Babs all hot and bothered...

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By katanalauncher

Namor wasn't in Captain America, what chance do you think he have to appear in Ironman?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#46  Edited By The Impersonator

@Doombert said:

Somewhere Babs is silently praying this is true.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By Gambit1024

I made this thread yesterday. I think that if this is the closest thing we'll get to a Namor solo film, I'm totally for it. I still would've liked him to be in a Cap or Hulk movie, but I'll settle for Iron Man.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Daveyo520

I am not a fan of Namor and his winged feet. So I hope he is not in it.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I really want this to be true. I want to see him yelling imperious rex as he punches iron man, i wanna see his winged feet, but I am not so sure I wanna see him in a speedo

kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kamionero

About as much as a stretch as the "OMG Olivia Munn is gonna be Wasp" BS that came before Iron Man 2.

He makes a funny cameo at best.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.