Will Namor be Featured in 'Iron Man 3'?

• 84 results
#51 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: You're assuming I didn't know Namor was affiliated with Rogers. Tsk tsk. Don't assume anything, sweetie. I prefer he kept his preferences to himself thank you. And you as well. When I ask for you opinion I'll let you know. have a good night! ^_^

#52 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor fits in better in Avengers than X-men? Namor is a mutant, hello, X-men, mutants?

#53 Posted by Danial79 (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually like to see Namor in the film, even if only briefly. Seeing Hawkeye in Thor was a huge geek moment for me, so if Namor made a similar cameo, I'd be very happy :)

@InnerVenom123 said:

Namor is on my top 10 characters that should never appear in the Marvel Movieverse list.

I'd like to see that list :)

#54 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Namor is on my top 10 characters that should never appear in the Marvel Movieverse list.

I don't actually have one, I just made it up. Although now your post is tempting me to make one... and I've got nothing better to do...

#55 Posted by Danial79 (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Danial79 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I don't actually have one, I just made it up. Although now your post is tempting me to make one... and I've got nothing better to do...

I actually checked your profile to see if you did, so perhaps you should :P

#56 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Danial79 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I actually checked your profile to see if you did, so perhaps you should :P

Done. But I decided to make it a top 5.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/innervenom123/top-5-characters-that-should-never-appear-in-the-marvel-movieverse/75-35797/

#57 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say its a good piece of disinformation to try and make us THINK that Namor will be a character featured in IM 3, but until we get more evidence, we'll just have to say its fanboy logic for now.

#58 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, I really big on Namor, he's one of favorites in Marvel. If I'm not mistaken there was mention of a ship sinking in the Atlantic in the last FF movie. At any rate it would be nice to see him on screen in Ironman or the Fantastic Four movies.The wrestler Dave (Batista) would be a great fit. I believe Namor is tied up with Fox like the Xmen and Spiderman last I heard, could be wrong though!

#59 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Dave Batista as Namor!

#60 Posted by SC (12983 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san said:

@The Dark Huntress: You're assuming I didn't know Namor was affiliated with Rogers. Tsk tsk. Don't assume anything, sweetie. I prefer he kept his preferences to himself thank you. And you as well. When I ask for you opinion I'll let you know. have a good night! ^_^

Your assuming that that DH was assuming, to assume that you didn't know Namor was affiliated with Rogers, honeybuns, Tsk Tsk, perhaps she was just being cautious and using your post as a platform or launching pad to inform any posters observing this thread of the facts of the matter, with Namor's comic history, since some seem to prefer that, facts over preferences, as in if you can address your preference of Namor appearing as a part of Magnetos Brotherhood, why can't another person who just so happens to be a writer android? Especially since as spokesperson for the We, I can confirm that We, actually find interest in his preferences, the same way the We, do all people's opinions including your own. Some people are just kind enough to hand out opinions free of request as easy as they are humor sugarpie.   

Coincidentally I'd love to see Namor in X-Men movie first, his appearance in like X-Men #4 makes it one of my favorite earliest classic X-Men stories, the tension between him and Magneto was awesome. 

You have a great night too **smile** 
#61 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

He should appear in Avengers and that's it.

#62 Posted by leokearon (1792 posts) - - Show Bio

A big water tank could mean Stringray!

#63 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Zachary Quinto bulked out a bit more he could be a perfect Namor. He's got the face, and expression. But he doesn't have the mass.

#64 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds a little fishy to me.

#65 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

what ever makes babs happy

#66 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah! Those clues do seem to lead to a Namor appearance in the next flick...

Though I wouldn't bet on it, losing Favreau as the director, it might just go in a totally new direction now.

#67 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I thought the same thing about the Cap Movie, it would have made cent since Namor was an Invader with Cap. I know the Batman and Robin movie curse, where if you put to many Hero's in a movie, you can ruin it. but putting him in a Small Cameo would have been cool.

#68 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor could be better suited to the X-men franchise seeing as he's a mutant, but I love the character, and if done correctly he could be great. I don't know if he is too lesser known a character outside comic fandom to use though.

#69 Posted by Chaos Burn (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

It sounds a little fishy to me.

oh you just made my day

#70 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Oh god I hope not. I love Namor and I'm pretty sure they wont do him right.

Agree with you. Why they have the stupid idea to change everything in movie?? I really hate superhero movies, the new movies are ever more dissapointing.

#71 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

Get me a personal trainer and i could end up playing Namor. i got the natural widows peak of a hair line and I look good, and irresistible to human women ;) *waves to babs*

#72 Posted by cattlebattle (12704 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is corny, so,.....I hope not

I just want an Iron Man movie where he faces something other than a bad guy in his own Iron Man suit, and Gwenyth Paltrow isn't annoying

#73 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

But wasn't the rights to Namor sold along with Fantastic Four to Fox?

#74 Posted by pingclang (265 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be great to see such an awesome character on the screen, but I dunno...Might end badly.

#75 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be so awesome! and yeah Zachary Quinto would be great for it

#76 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to disagree on Zachary Quinto.  He doesn't have look or the attitude.

Namor was at Universal until they allegedly lost the rights and he reverted back to Marvel.

As much as I want to see Namor in a movie, I don't think he's going to be in this Iron Man movie, unless it is as a cookie at the end / cameo, especially if they are doing the Demon in the Bottle arc.  Namor was in the first few issues of the arc, but he wasn't intrinsic to the plot.  As others have said, the ideal movie for him to be in or make a cameo, was Captain America.

#77 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Invaders should come out first,WITH namor, human torch, and union jack.

#78 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninKane said:

I live in Wilmington and when I heard IM3 was filming here I was split, its pretty cool to have a marvel movie filmed here and brings in money but it also means traffics is going to be fucked all summer. Stark Industries stuff has already got here.

Please watch the language.

#79 Posted by Gigantazoar (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else remember that Namor and Iron man are both in the Illuminati? I mean as much of a stretch that it is, it WOULD make sense to have Namor in Iron Man 3, because it seems like with the release of THE AVENGERS Marvel Studios might want try to movie-atize the CIVIL WAR story arc. I dunno. Just hoping I guess.

#80 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it...

#81 Posted by tiggertoga (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Namor featuring in a new fantastic four movie would be better.

#82 Posted by Hakudoushinumbernine (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Average Bear:

<_< i didn't read too many comics with namor in them until the x-men moved to utopia... (recently) so when i first saw him, i was like "why does Spock have wings on his feet and wearing 1970's popped collar and kissing Emma Frost? and the who the F*ck is Namor?"

#83 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought, based on the avengers trailer, that Namor could be used as a MAJOR bad guy leading his Atlantian soldiers in an invasion of New York.

#84 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

that would be awesome if Namor was included :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.