Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3325 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League Movie Confirmed

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By flameboy298

@fallschirmjager: 4. I think your missing the point where Marvel actually has a plan,and has been planning for years.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By flashrobin

Hopefully it fails and they have to start over by rebooting Batman and Superman

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#253  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@flameboy298 said:

@fallschirmjager: 4. I think your missing the point where Marvel actually has a plan,and has been planning for years.

Yes, they do. I've even said so in previous threads its amazing that they have a 2-3 year plan because the industry changes so much on a year by year basis.

What I don't understand is how someone can take a comment, which is literally quoted with him laughing in it, seriously and then try to use it as a legitimate reason. I find that fascinating and quite funny.

And furthermore, a studio up and announcing more films seems like a plan to me. So...again, maybe I'm just missing something. Hell, Sony announced ASM 2-4 almost immediately after the first came out and no one gives them any credit.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Hopefully it fails and they have to start over by rebooting Batman and Superman

If it fails, we will only ever see Batman films

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I didn't care for Man of Steel, and Batman vs Superman is still iffy. I just wish Zach Snyder wasn't helming the birth of DC's film universe.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#257  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@mtrakos: cyborg has already been casted so it's going to either be him it both.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: The fact that you were calling out people being Marvel fans complaining about these announcements when I've seen you do the same thing on various Marvel threads.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@fallschirmjager: The fact that you were calling out people being Marvel fans complaining about these announcements when I've seen you do the same thing on various Marvel threads.

You can think what you want about any movie. I was merely addressing that everyone seems to think this site is biased, when frankly its pretty even and goes both ways.

And I don't really remember hating on any movie at all - least not because it was solely being made by 1 company or studio. I am not that excited for Ant-Man, not because its a Marvel movie, but because Paul Rudd is a crappy actor and I don't like the director's work. You know, actual reasons instead of the constant Marvel/DC dick measuring contest that is beyond old.

And I've read more Marvel comics than DC ones and more Spider-Man comics than any other character by a huge margin, so feel free to call me a fanboy if you wish, its completely baseless.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TasmanianGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the Shazam and Metal Men movies. Now all we need is a Blue Beetle movie and a Plastic Man movie.

Heratu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all whine more than naggin ass women

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#264  Edited By Billy Batson
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#266  Edited By DCWarFan73

@comedy_brosusa said:

DC is gonna be too late to the superhero film party. by 2018, Marvel will have the hero movie industry under it's control. DC will have to make numerous phenomenal, I mean PHENOMENAL movies. even so, DC barely does this with their movies and it takes them years to put out just a single one. DC will have to think of something BIG to beat The Avengers and the rest of the Marvel cinematic Universe. I honestly think if they do, they will have a good chance of slightly appealing more to fans in the Adult age range. But they'd have to do a lot.(merchandising, etc.) Disney has Marvel to get money off of, so it'll be cranking out superhero movies until the cast gets fed up. they did it with Hannah Montana, and LOOK at Miley Cyrus. Marvel is a huge money market for Disney. no WAY they will let DC surpass them. unfortunately. DC was made for a more mature audience, and it's sad to say that's what is killing them. for me, I love DC's movies more than I do Marvel's. but it takes them too long to put out a single movie, that Marvel is gonna take over. DC has cartoon Network, as of connection with kids, and that's about it(let me know if there's more), and even those shows are slowly being cancelled. we'll just have to see.

Disney has more money than most countries and they are not afraid to spend it (unlike the rich 1% of this country). They dropped billions on the Star Wars Franchise and they have the biggest money makers in the Marvel Universe. Sorry DC but I think you missed the train and getting a JL movie out in 4 years time will be too little too late (we'll have to see to be certain).

The Shazam! movie is much better news and as long as the great BLACK ADAM is in it and done right this will be great.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

I think it would work better as a TV show than as a movie/movie series.

BB

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

BB

True. What network do you think could do it justice?

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By bigsoto74

I will watch it and I will own it on DVD, but do I think it will be a good movie? Not holding my breath. The last Batman movie they almost destroyed Gotham City(I like it) and it the Man of Steel they did destroy Metropolis(it was okay). Now just imagine having the whole Justice League together? The world is DOOMED!!! In my opinion that is why it is so hard to make a JL movie because some of DC characters are to powerful.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh. Most of the Marvel films acting is all within the supporting cast really. You don't like Paul Rudd, then you don't like Paul Rudd, no problem. But criticizing his acting abilities isn't fair when we're watching a New Jersey-accent Black Widow next to Samuel L. Jackson playing Samuel L. Jackson with an eye patch. Chris Evans version of emoting is to stare off into space, and Thor is all about grimacing for 80% of the film. Are you really putting that much stock in the 'acting' in any of these films? I really don't know why.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

BB

Like the user Dernman said earlier in this thread earlier, HBO wouldn't be a bad choice.

BB

CodeComiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Am I the only here who feels that DC have no vision of what they want to do with their cinematic universe! I mean with Marvel they seemed to have stuff planned all the way until 2028 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/marvel-has-movies-planned-through-2028)

But with DC they're like "As for a potential Wonder Woman movie, there's currently no plans, but WB's executives are "warm" to the idea. Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing, added, "with the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her." and that is for one of the FOUNDING MEMBERS of the JL, to me that screams of no vision, who knows maybe she was lying and they are already casting for the movie but overall the vibe ain't that confident.

Having Snyder direct that movie too seems so ridiculous, because we will have the same style for 2 very different movies! not cool DC!

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh. Most of the Marvel films acting is all within the supporting cast really. You don't like Paul Rudd, then you don't like Paul Rudd, no problem. But criticizing his acting abilities isn't fair when we're watching a New Jersey-accent Black Widow next to Samuel L. Jackson playing Samuel L. Jackson with an eye patch. Chris Evans version of emoting is to stare off into space, and Thor is all about grimacing for 80% of the film. Are you really putting that much stock in the 'acting' in any of these films? I really don't know why.

You somehow went on quite a bit a rant about a small comment.

No, I'm hardly expecting an Oscar for any of these movies. But Rudd has played the exact same character in every film I've seen of him - some of which I've enjoyed but I have zero interest in seeing him do it again.

I will see the film anyways and keep an open mind (to otherwise is just close minded), but its not exactly inspiring confidence either.

I'm not even really sure what your point is here. Are you saying you think a movie is going to be good regardless if the main actor is good or not? Why would I think that? Or why would anyone?

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DC needs to put on their big bot pants and stop being, so obviously afraid of putting their movies out. I mean first I here that Batman/Superman is Fall of 2015, and now its sometime in 2016. I also heard last year in the Fall that Justice League was suppose to be coming in 2017 and the Flash in 2016, WB and DC are so afraid of failure that they keep moving the date back and dumping script after script in the garbage. They have way to many characters being introduced in Batman/Superman, no way the average movie goer will be able to keep up with all of these characters. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman should have their own movie before the Justice League movie and not in B/S. Cyborg and any other character that they want to use can have cameo's in these movies, but have them all in a movie that is suppose to be a set up for a bigger Universe is asking for to much.

Avatar image for wallcrawlercapedcrusader
    WallCrawlerCapedCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

BB

Like the user Dernman said earlier in this thread earlier, HBO wouldn't be a bad choice.

BB

Yeah thats probably the best choice. Now if we could get a Preacher series also.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

BB

BB

Yeah thats probably the best choice. Now if we could get a Preacher series also.

Haven't you heard that AMC is making one?
    BB

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@billy_batson said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

BB

BB

Haven't you heard that AMC is making one?
    BB

Damn. I thought that was just a rumor. But I wish HBO would've done it, though I think AMC can due it justice.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#279 frozen  Moderator

Shazam movie is interesting --- wondering whether they'll incorporate him into JL (as they did the movies leading to The Avengers).

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CYBORG AND SHAZAM!!!!!!!!! A BOOOOYAAAH!!!!

Loading Video...

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im about it

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't quite understand why there's so much surprise about the Metal Men film... this is presumably related to the Barry Sonnenfeld project that has been rumoured for a while. I, for one, cannot wait to see what they, especially if Sonnenfeld is attached, have to offer - this could be the ultimate comic-book film; an amalgamation of a good story and absurdist reflections on silver age storytelling, told through tongue-in-cheek humour, but without the occasional degradation of modern cynicism in DC's films, or unrelenting boredom of Marvel's lack of originality.

If there's any doubt, just look at how he managed to translate something like the Men in Black to the big screen so well.

I won't give a pretentious or self-indulgent summary of what I think about each film... but let's just say that there's no news here that upsets me.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow what's that sound? Oh the sound of no one being shocked. sigh well i may not like it i knew they were gonna take the approach of Justice League right after MOS 2 just screw the origins and letting us get to know the characters before the Justice League which is what makes us care about them and makes the build up to the team so much more rewarding you know like Avengers....but i knew WB wasn't going to take that route so no use complaining about what we knew was coming. The problem is SNYDER AGAIN?! WTF? What the mixed response to MOS wasn't enough? Majority of his movies being crap wasn't enough? The terrible acting choices wans't enough for you to know to not use him again after MOS 2? I thought the whole point to Ben Affleck as Batman was so you could also have him as director since he has this thing called talent when it comes to directing while Snyder sucks at directing....Whatever lets see how the movies turns out....sigh

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By UrbanChill

why is everybody so negative its just an announcement be patient and shut up

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I suppose as usual, most people will say "this is going to suck" and then go to see it ten times in theaters.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#286  Edited By CantDance93

if they were gonna do a movie based of Azzarello's comics they should've of done his Wonder Woman! Other than that YAY!

Mars8254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Mars8254

I should just stay away from the internet when it comes to Comic book movies

Lee_Everett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I'm a DC fan but they're rushing this sooooo much. -_-

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Shazam in the MOS universe but metal men....ehh. Can someone explain to me why a Metal Men movie would be good?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: Funny. I feel the exact opposite. Captain Marvel should never be in a movie, and this can explain how the Metal Men would work:

Loading Video...
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: I love that video, I thought I was like the only one who knew about it :)

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing, added, with the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her."

Hey Mrs. Kroll , you know DC is a company works under WB and makes comic books. Just go there and talk about a good WW plot with some writers like Gail Simone (please avoid Geoff Johns, he is a horrible WW writer) . Then hire a good screenwriter for making this plot for a movie. There you have a right script.

A JL movie confirmed, sorry but this kind informations started to bore peoples and every new cameo about Batman vs Superman kills my expectations for a good film. However Metal men surprised me. I like them and their concept but I don't have expect much for this movie. It will be either a CGI fest or WB will find a way screwing their concept. Only thing I hope a Captain Marvel movie could be work but I haven't any thrust for WB.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: hmm a metal men movie with Cyborg could work. I could see how they could craft a story about a half human half machine leading a team of robots. I enjoyed their team-up in the recent JL comic. I don't know much about the metal men so i guess I'll read their wiki page later. But lol why don't you think a Shazam movie could work.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: hmm a metal men movie with Cyborg could work. I could see how they could craft a story about a half human half machine leading a team of robots. I enjoyed their team-up in the recent JL comic. I don't know much about the metal men so i guess I'll read their wiki page later. But lol why don't you think a Shazam movie could work.

Honestly, I think a better question is how could it work? I am the biggest Captain Marvel fan, and I just don't think he would translate well into film. I also don't know why everyone thinks it's so important for every comic book character to be adapted into live action. I think Cap should just stick to comics and cartoons/animated movies.

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So weird that flash or Wonder woman haven't had a solo movie yet. Not a Zack Snyder fan so meh .

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa: DC making more mature movies, which are still PG-13, are not killing them. MOS is the 3rd ranking Superhero origin movie, not to mention WB is doing just fine without a cbm universe, WB made more money than Disney (Buena Vista) several years in a row. WB is taking there time and making sure they get it just right, as they should.

link

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stephen Amell for Green Arrow!

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

'What! You say that WB is 'finally' making a real live-action Justice League Movie, something we already knew about from the beginning, and be lounged in 2018? Holy crap, this is great news. I'm so excited. So excited that I feel like singing. Because I'm so, so, so happy!'

Loading Video...

.........Don't mess this WB/DC, you only get one shot that has to count. ONLY. ONE. SHOT. Seriously.

Mr.Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 24

DC just keeps rushing into things lately. no plans, no prototype, no back up, no patience. they rushed the reboot and it was and is full of holes. and now they are rushing the JLA to film.

The Avengers worked because it was a pay off, Marvel did right by having faith in their work and the patience to play the long game. with Marvel all the characters that need a solo introduction had one before they all came together.

all of the DC characters are varied and miss matched enough that they each need room to breath at first. you can't rush the Flash, GL, WW, and Aquaman in during an info dump by Batman. at least not in a live action movie. it will be rushed. it will be flawed. it will be awkward. and it will make money despite itself. it wont be getting mine though. DC has no faith in it's work anymorw and neither do I.

and how did we get a Howard the Duck movie before a Wonder Woman movie? come on DC/WB. act like you know what to do.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I smell desperation. Warner Brothers is just trying to catch up to Marvel, after seeing how well their movie formula is working.

WB isn't desperate, last time I checked WB makes more money than Disney/Buena Vista in recent years, link. WB is taking a different route, they don't need to conform to the way Marvel handles their cbms. And they definitely don't need to introduce each JL member in there solo films, this will become more evident when MOS2 comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.