Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7772 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Which Hulk got owned here? New Avengers #20 spoilers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@bezza: I don't know man. One can say oh look at this fight Superman is better than Hulk but we still have Hulk beating Hyperion , we have Hulk beating Gladiator. They have the same powers too. Looking at a fight with one character similar to Superman ignoring the rest of fight with other characters likewise is not a very unbiased view.

The idea is Hickman wanted people to think Dr. Strange now is user bad ass and well shame is at time one character has to be downplayed for the other to shine. It's sad but true.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@raynorj: I've had enough trouble from you not to mention other problems on here so just be lucky I haven't flagged your post. Your conduct here is most definitely flaggable and only my weariness with heated spats on here is what's keeping me from flagging you and escalating the situation. Good day.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By dernman  Online

People need to stop whining over this fight. These are archtypes. It doesn't mean they're exactly the same or does anyone really believe Namor would stalemate Martian Manhunter. (Which would be the biggest fallacy) That Batman would survive a direct his from a trident thrown by someone as powerful as Namor. That Dr Fate would go down like that and is talentless.

Nothing more wrong with this fight than most fights characters have. We only argue that it wouldn't because we assume what their powers are and something something about fanboys. I've already lost interest in finishing this post.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall I understand you, but at the end of the day it's still very poor. It's his job as a writer to find a way around it trying to stay consistent while showing off how some character is scary. Even if it's just a comic. But yea seeing as Hickmans Hyperion survived 2 universes exploding than was bleeding from Hulks punches definitely shows he is not very much a consistent writer. Which actually makes Dr. Stranges scary powers void seeing as they might not be even consistent the next time we see him.

@lvenger I couldn't care less about you flagging me to your mod friends, please PLEASE DO. You are very conniving person and and a hypocrite and your own posts show your true colors.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cool fight although the outcome is a little confusing. I do think Supes can beat Hulk any day but the fact that this totally new character is able to one shot Hulk who has beaten Superman level guys before (ex: Hyperion, Gladiator, Thor, Silver Surfer) and even tanked some of their attacks. Whatevs still a pretty nice battle.

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really tired of Hulk getting dragged through the mud. We can debate versions till the cows come home. At the end of the day Hickman made Hulk loose horribly to Not-Superman. Yes Hulk has beaten and should beat other Superman esque characters, but it doesn't changed the fact that Sun God, literally a member of the faux JLA just trounced him. Get it together Marvel.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

The rage is beautiful :)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By w0nd

@hulk465 said:

First off I don't mind if Hulk get's beat, it's just the way they did it and it was lame as hell. Sun god is a marvel's version of Superman right? Well the real Superman did that same thing to the Hulk and he with stood it and did not turn back to Banner, so Hulk should have done the same against Sun god. This is poor writing for Hulk using him as a plot device. That whole Hulk vs Sun god scene was rip off the original JLA vs Avengers when Thor fought Superman. What's sad about comics these days is there's no caption story telling yellow box to explain what really happen? So does this make Sun god more powerful than Superman?????

To the Superman fans out there don't answer that question, I'm being sarcastic.

Maybe that's just how strong he is...him resembling superman doesn't mean he has to be his equal? plus not to mention the fact that hulk has many versions as well. He lost to a character that we don't know the limit of their strength. Why does that anger so many people? Not like he ripped off his head and killed him.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RaynorJ
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd The whole thing didn't really upset anyone that much, the most it did is because he got beat by heat vision. I don't really see any angry fanboys in here, it's other fanbases that made this thread and are now blowing things out of proportions trying to rile up Hulk fans. Show me someone who is raging here at the fact that Hulk got beat?

Hulk lost, that's it. No one is losing their mind over it, let's just move on or do i need to see more Thor, Superman, Juggernaut, etc... fans gloat over it before it dies down?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: to who i replied to

"First off I don't mind if Hulk get's beat, it's just the way they did it and it was lame as hell. Sun god is a marvel's version of Superman right? Well the real Superman did that same thing to the Hulk and he with stood it and did not turn back to Banner, so Hulk should have done the same against Sun god."

but you are right, no one is visibly raging, but i have seen this question or statements like this floating around. "He beat so and so so why did he lose here? PIS, Marvel hates hulk, this sucks hard"

"Marvel or Waid, not sure which, are being really stupid here. Don't they realise that by having a "sun god" pulp the Hulk so easily they are going to play into the hands of all Superman fans who say he wipes the floor with Hulk..."

Sun god is sun god, even though he is blatantly supposed to be superman no one can actually say how strong this character is.

It was one fight from a version of the hulk that clearly wasn't his most powerful form. People from both sides are reading into it to much

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd At best i see those 2 as upset, i really don't see all the raging people are talking about.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dernman said:

People need to stop whining over this fight. These are archtypes. It doesn't mean they're exactly the same or does anyone really believe Namor would stalemate Martian Manhunter. (Which would be the biggest fallacy) That Batman would survive a direct his from a trident thrown by someone as powerful as Namor. That Dr Fate would go down like that and is talentless.

Nothing more wrong with this fight than most fights characters have. We only argue that it wouldn't because we assume what their powers are and something something about fanboys. I've already lost interest in finishing this post.

Agreed,fanboys on the vine are getting stupider by the day.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@lvenger: man, how many clowns do you need to shut out in this thread....

Also....Damn, that one shot though...I wonder how Namor dealt with his foe...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days Just about as many clowns as it takes to keep reviving this thread.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@frozen said:

Lame Superman knock off beats Hulk. This should honestly close the Superman vs Hulk case.

You have to be kidding.

Lol.

Frankly I don't see the big deal. It's obviously for the plot. Most of this seems to be, from what I've looked into online, a showcase for Dr Strange's upgraded powers. So, if everyone handled their opponent and moved on, that defeats the purpose of the plot. This isn't a commentary on Hulk vs Superman so much as a satire of debates like these I'd reckon. Besides even as a Hulk fan I've always sort of felt Superman would edge out against Savage Hulk. Other versions? Different debate for a different day.

Can't way too see this get blown out of proportion on the battle threads, even if it seems to have here already.

Still, seems Dr Strange is insanely powerful.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@raynorj said:

@ancient_0f_days Just about as many clowns as it takes to keep reviving this thread.

You know how ironic that is, since you said it.......

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RaynorJ
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bezza

..I do find it ironic that Entropy aegis, Dernman and Frozen, amongst others are saying that Hulk fans are a bunch of whining fanboys. The hypocrisy is startling, because if a Hulk knock off one shotted Superman in a Superman story, they'd probably be some of the first to cry "foul".

Look, there are no "fanboys" screaming and whining on here, just Hulk fans who are a bit miffed that Marvel decided to give their favourite a beating by an obvious Superman copy. Yes of course we don't know how strong the sun god is, but cant you lot see the symbolism and why it rankles? If not you are the stupid ones, not so called Hulk fanboys.

We all accept Hulk gets beat from time to time, its just how and by whom that's troubling here. No-one likes to see their favourite character get whooped, unless there's some logic behind the whooping!.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#72 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Lame Superman knock off beats Hulk. This should honestly close the Superman vs Hulk case.

You have to be kidding.

Of course I am.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By frozen  Moderator
    @bezza said:

..I do find it ironic that Entropy aegis, Dernman and Frozen, amongst others are saying that Hulk fans are a bunch of whining fanboys. The hypocrisy is startling, because if a Hulk knock off one shotted Superman in a Superman story, they'd probably be some of the first to cry "foul".

Look, there are no "fanboys" screaming and whining on here, just Hulk fans who are a bit miffed that Marvel decided to give their favourite a beating by an obvious Superman copy. Yes of course we don't know how strong the sun god is, but cant you lot see the symbolism and why it rankles? If not you are the stupid ones, not so called Hulk fanboys.

We all accept Hulk gets beat from time to time, its just how and by whom that's troubling here. No-one likes to see their favourite character get whooped, unless there's some logic behind the whooping!.

Wait what? When the hell did I claim there are Hulk fanboys whining in this thread? Hickman didn't write anything new, in the first Hulk vs Superman crossover, Hulk couldn't even harm Superman.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the problem giving characters such high end feats like tanking nuclear explosions, shattering planets, etc. That puts them in a position that is very difficult to maintain consistency throughout the years. Characters have to lose from time to time, but how are you going to write in something more powerful than nuclear weapons again and again? It's just a part of comics you have to accept. Writers just think about bringing a story to life, and getting their vision on paper. They never have and never will worry about consistency because it seems every character's powers are constantly fluctuating.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 frozen  Moderator

Hulk losing this fight did more good than vice-versa, IMHO.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk didn't really get owned as he did get in some good shots unlike his attempted fight with Thanos lol.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Hulk didn't really get owned as he did get in some good shots unlike his attempted fight with Thanos lol.

But he pretty much go down with one single strike from Sun-God and even Hulked-out. So it was kinda himiliating.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

But he pretty much go down with one single strike from Sun-God and even Hulked-out. So it was kinda himiliating.

It would've been worse as he could've one shotted Hulk from the get go or maybe Sun God's optic blast is Hulk's Kryptonite.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

It would've been worse as he could've one shotted Hulk from the get go or maybe Sun God's optic blast is Hulk's Kryptonite.

Yeah,it could've been worse but this is bad enough at least in my opinion. It seems like even Marvel admits that if SUperman and Hulk fight, Hulk would most definitely lose.

It may be that Sun-God's optic blast drains the gamma radiation out of Hulk not fully but enough to put him down.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

Yeah,it could've been worse but this is bad enough at least in my opinion. It seems like even Marvel admits that if SUperman and Hulk fight, Hulk would most definitely lose.

It may be that Sun-God's optic blast drains the gamma radiation out of Hulk not fully but enough to put him down.

Honestly whats so bad about Marvel stating Superman beats Hulk as its not like the fight would be over instantly any way, I wouldn't mind Sun God having a power that makes Hulk have to outsmart another character rather than just winning by hitting them (to me its what makes comics more enjoyable to read).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: That wouldn't be bad either but I don't think Hulk and Sun-God will fight again in next issue or ever.

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@hellionvulcan said:

Don't fret about it, the fake justice league humiliated the avengers, I'm sure the tide will turn.

With that crazy new power-up Dr. Strange got it probably will turn indeed. So far he seems pretty powerful.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All I got to say to all you Hulk Fans. Hulk is not the strongest one there is Lmao.

It does not matter which Hulk it is.

What matters, is that it is 616 Hulk.

How many times have we seen Hulk beat an he has change back to normal.

Enjoy the beat up.I sure did.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frozen: go home, elsa. you're drunk.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By hulk465
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By dernman  Online

@bezza said:

If you actually read my post to understand the point I was trying to get across you would see how ridiculous add me in to what you said. (I can't speak for the others because I didn't read what they said)

I would have said the same thing if it was a Hulk knockoff to a Superman. I don't see how hard it is to understand that the character isn't Superman nor would the Hulk knockoff be Hulk. This has no effect on the Hulk vs Superman debate at all. I have the same reaction when Hulk trashes the other Superman archtypes aka Hyperion, Sentry, Gladiator. In fact in a couple cases I've acted negatively when he doesn't come out on top. Why? because it's NOT Superman. If some Hulk knockoff came and trashed Superman I would just say this knockoff just has something Hulk doesn't. Which would be easier to do for this fight because we don't know all of what those eye beams do. For all we know it could have disconnected Bruce from the gamma rays or some other random thing you can think of that Supeman can't do with his eye power.

Further more I'd think anyone using this fight "in seriousness not a fun tease" to celebrate Superman would be almost as ridiculous. I pretty much cemented how I felt if it was the other way when I said it was no big deal when Namor (someone Hulk defeats) stalemated Martian Manhunter (who most agree takes down Superman.) Seriously if anyone uses symbolism as an excuse and places more importance than reality then they have bigger problems than a situation where one fictional character loses to one another. Next time try to read, understand a persons post, point before jumping the gun and calling someone out.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tensor said:

All I got to say to all you Hulk Fans. Hulk is not the strongest one there is Lmao.

It does not matter which Hulk it is.

What matters, is that it is 616 Hulk.

How many times have we seen Hulk beat an he has change back to normal.

Enjoy the beat up.I sure did.

LOL

LOL

People seem to think that this Imitation justice league was trying to kill the marvel guys. Clearly they werent :)

They got it right HUlK may be the strongest one in his universe but out there in other universes he just a no body

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's Hulk and he got beat no big deal, get over it, Sun God Zoran is a beast (as stated that they had battled back more incursions than thought possible).

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RaynorJ

@termiteone4ever

They where because the winners survive and the losers get their Earth destroyed.

He is far from being a nobody and yes it's spelled nobody.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

Fair enough, my bad,. thanks for explaining....!

This Hulk fan is chilled out now, posted in haste and over-reacted to New Avengers 20....

@frozen..same to you too, we're cool..

Peace to all.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#93  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I just thought it was a fun issue and had awesome fights all around. I think Sun God and Hulk had the best sequence in the comic. Hulk got in his share of shots, and he looked in control and when Sun God caught his fist it was a total "oh, snap moment for me. Hulk's face when that happened and Sun God blasting him was a just cool moment.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dernman  Online

@bezza: No problem. No worries.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHA HULK SUCKS, HE LOST, THOR IS SO BETTER, THOR WOULD HAVE WON. TAKE THAT HULK FANS!

( I'm trolling )

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I just thought it was a fun issue and had awesome fights all around. I think Sun God and Hulk had the best sequence in the comic. Hulk got in his share of shots, and he looked in control and when Sun God caught his fist it was a total "oh, snap moment for me. Hulk's face when that happened and Sun God blasting him was a just cool moment.

Seemed to me that the Sun God was just taking a stroll in the park, musing about how Hulk sucks the entire time Hulk was pounding on him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 god_spawn  Moderator

@erik: Strolls are dangerous business, brah! And as you can see...almost...sort of....maybe that there is just a little bit of blood from Sun God's mouth, I think? And some on Hulk's finger that magically disappears next panel!!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Strolls are dangerous business, brah! And as you can see...almost...sort of....maybe that there is just a little bit of blood from Sun God's mouth, I think? And some on Hulk's finger that magically disappears next panel!!

Hulk's finger split when punching that chiseled jaw of the Sun God. :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 god_spawn  Moderator

@erik: Hulk have dry knuckles from smashing! Hulk need aloe vera! HULK AM SMOOTHEST ONE THERE IS!!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Hulk have dry knuckles from smashing! Hulk need aloe vera! HULK AM SMOOTHEST ONE THERE IS!!

LMAO!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.