The Sentry/Void Capability/Potential Thread

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very good. Much better than usual respect threads or this >> that.

Very good job.

Greatly appreciate it.n :)

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot to add this... In the first volume the Void is dominating most of Earth's heros and even villains.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding this...

Speed blitzes Hulk in air During Avengers Army in One

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: hey! Sorry to bump this I was wondering a few things:

1) are the Sentry and The void the same characters or 2 characters that make up the light and dark sides of Reynolds mind? Like are they independent of each other or if Robert (sane) gets pissed does he become the Void? Kind of like Bruce Banner and Hulk... only if Bruce was powerful too.

2) is the Void trapped in the White Hot room still?

3) is Death seed sentry the combo of the Void and Sentry together?

4) Is Death seed an amp some how?

5) does Bob exist in current marvel and I. What state?

6) does he still have the death seed?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01:

No keep bumping as much as you want. :)

1. The way I see it both Sentry and Void are both the personas of Robert Reynolds. Sentry is the hero persona while the Void is the manifestation of Bob's schizophrenia. No it doesn't work similar to the way Bruce/Hulk does. Because the two personas CAN manifest into their own entities like we've seen during Sentry volume two. Bob doesn't turn into the Void when he's angry but when his mental state is fractured.

2. According to the recent DS run no but instead some room DS created. But the upcoming Sentry solo(which comes out in June) by Jeff Lemire will explain everything.

3. NO...The whole point of Deathseed is that there was NO Void and thus no mental issues.

4. I heard good argument from BOTH sides on whether its an amp or not. When I get to a computer I'll go in depth in what I mean.

5. Bob himself and not Sentry? We may see him in the Sentry solo. But Sentry the hero persona has already appeared in the recent Doctor Strange run.

6. No Doctor Strange got rid of it. I suggest you read Sentry's recent appearance in Doctor Strange.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: sorry I’m on my cell

- can Bob Sentry overpower the Void? Or draw power from it?

- also do you know much about Nate Grey?

Finnjtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: hey bro awesome info with the Sentry.Hes one of my favorites too and people are now respecting him more.Have a good one!

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01:

Sorry for the late reply.

1. The Sentry has beaten the Void many times. And no the Sentry persona doea NOT draw power from the Void. Its a myth.

2. And no do not know much about Nate but I know what battle thread you're asking about.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finnjtx:

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it! ?

Finnjtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I hope this isn’t to much to ask but as a fellow Sentry fan and fan of yours post could I get a follow on here

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finnjtx:

Sure. But keep showing your support for the Sentry especially when his book is coming out soon. We need more Sentry fans on here.

sentryfan1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sentryfan1408

@blessedbyhorus

I'm sorry that I'm creating a post in a relatively old thread, but I recently got to know Sentry (thanks to your thread), and I have become a big fan of him, as you can see by my name. But I don't understand one thing, why is the Sentry weakened by the Negative Zone? What makes the Sentry so weak in the Negative Zone, when, after my understanding, Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless? Is it something with the Sentry himself or is it the Negative Zone? I hope you can help me.

Kind regards

PlatinumThorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this ever gonna get updated?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this ever gonna get updated?

Been busy and outta loop.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@sentryfan1408 said:

@blessedbyhorus

I'm sorry that I'm creating a post in a relatively old thread, but I recently got to know Sentry (thanks to your thread), and I have become a big fan of him, as you can see by my name. But I don't understand one thing, why is the Sentry weakened by the Negative Zone? What makes the Sentry so weak in the Negative Zone, when, after my understanding, Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless? Is it something with the Sentry himself or is it the Negative Zone? I hope you can help me.

Kind regards

Because its where the Void becomes stronger. Sentry and the Void are ying and yang. Sentry being "limitless" is more of a hyperbole. We just don't know exactly WHAT IS the limit to his abilities.

sentryfan1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sentryfan1408

@blessedbyhorus: Ah, okay thanks for the help. Did you read The Sentry Vol. 3 Issue 4?

Spoiler:

What do you think about the All New Sentry?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new solo series is so good.

Really fleshes the character out.

sentryfan1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I agree. The new Sentry is a beast.

Spoiler:

Killing Billy who drunk the Serum, single-handedly destroying the Avengers (including Thor and Carol Danvers), escaping the mind prison, and he seemingly also has the tentacles the Void possesses. I think we are looking at a version of The Sentry who might be more powerful than Deathseed Sentry. I'm excited for the New Sentry.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@sentryfan1408: Yeah this certainly seems to be the most powerful version of Sentry.

Which makes sense. He’s finally embracing both personas. That’s one step closer to being mentally stable.

Hopefully it lasts.

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff Lemire was the one who pulled this important move - embracing both sides. Darkness and light will be paying the cost of Sentry's power now.. without malfunction and inner conflict.

This is perfect!

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: Yeah he says he has the power.

But it’s not actually confirmed if he was as powerful as Sentry, especially since he only has one arm.

He has his power, the “power of 1000 exploding suns,” but that doesn’t necessarily mean he can use it to the fullest or as wel as Bob can.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I promise to update this thread soon. I apologise fellow Sentry fans.

awesentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By awesentry

Dude how this guy is way more powerful, faster and stronger than Superman

awesentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp seems like Marvel has retconned Sentry. Seriously screw Marvel.

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@blessedbyhorus: I asked a few days ago one of the writers of Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History and i got this very vague answer. So i really don't know what to say about sentry status right now in MU. Also Donny Cates said that he is not done with Sentry so i don't know. Honestly i just want to see a one shot next year for his 20th Birthday and then i'm done.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@blessedbyhorus: I asked a few days ago one of the writers of Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History and i got this very vague answer. So i really don't know what to say about sentry status right now in MU. Also Donny Cates said that he is not done with Sentry so i don't know. Honestly i just want to see a one shot next year for his 20th Birthday and then i'm done.

Apologize for the late reply. Anyways, that's very cool that reached out to the writer. Not to sound like a crybaby but the reason I am concerned is that Marvel doesn't really care about the character and I am not angry because tbh they have to go with characters they sell. And yea this a very vague answer. As for Cates I'm curious to what he has for the character.

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Yin_YangLOOP

@blessedbyhorus: No problem. I've got some good news about Sentry this week. It's from Black Panther and the agents of Wakanda. Check those photos below:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus: I'm glad to say that i have even more good news about Sentry. Check this bits from an interview with Jim Zub:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus: And other news about our favorite in a non colored preview of Black Panther and the agents of wakanda:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yin_yangloop:

No Caption Provided

YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The the golden guardian is back!!! Thanks for this update! I thought our sentry was a goner!

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

But I'm curious to why Sentry is in Agents of Wakanda. Oh well he's back! Anyways writer seems to see him as powerful and states that he can "remake reality." Oh boy things gonna get real interesting.

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus: Check this out! The collored preview of Black Panther and the agents of wakanda #2 !!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yin_YangLOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus: hmmmm, strange. It seems that the SPOILER Imgs that i posted here are no longer in this thread...but when i access my profile of CV i can see them. Anyway this is the site that made the preview: https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-peek-exclusive-preview-of-black-panther-and-the-agents-of-wakanda-2-headgames

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what happened to the spoiler images in this thread!??????? And second did this site have an update???

TheSwindler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what the hell CV did with their updates where you cant even reply to members but also the spoilers disappear. However I managed to edit the OP and remove the spoiler blocks and so now the feats are shown. Luckily they were NOT erased. But what did this update do that spoilers are no longer seen?

@theswindler Thanks!

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...it happened. It was epic. We learned a few things: Sentry needs to discharge Void chi from time to time so he doesn't screw up reality. This time Fat Cobra did the job and gave Sentry the treatment he needed. His ''remedy'' is a temporary one but it'll do for now. He absorbed some of Void's energy and Sentry feels better now.

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

R

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldbreakerhulk

Just read it and man and man its a pretty good power showing for the Sentry/Void. Essentially proving what most of Sentry fans have been saying and that the Sentry/Void can effect reality. Heck it in a way confirms some stuff in the OP in the "potential" section. Now this does not confirm Sentry is multiversal, universal, on the same level as Molecule Man or any of that nonsense but again it shows that he is crazy powerful and his true powers is reality warping and not molecule manipulation. However, it further confirms its the Sentry that holds himself back. Now I am not trying to wank the Sentry as a fan but I am just happy we got more confirmation on his reality warping side of his powers even if it was a limited showing of the character. Heck the narration basically confirms here.

No Caption Provided

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus: Sentry will appear elsewhere and will show off more of his power. Let's have patients

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iflated3go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Iflated3go

So merged Sentry got hurt multiple times by street tiers? This is insane... I knew Sentry was overrated and extremely inconsistent but being heart and restrained by a literal regular human with a spear was next level.