The Sentry/Void Capability/Potential Thread

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
In order for this thread not to get locked or deleted:Please no trolling. People trolling will be quickly reported.Please no flame wars.
In order for this thread not to get locked or deleted:Please no trolling. People trolling will be quickly reported.Please no flame wars.

Small tip: If you can't enlarge scan then right click and click on "open in new tab". That should fix everything. :)

Aye... This thread is dedicated to one of the most controversial characters in not only the battle forums of Comicvine, but in almost all the comicbook community. In this thread not only I, but all of us will go over the Sentry's abilities, capabilities, feats and most importantly potential. I feel I had to make this thread, especially for the new members to try and figure out where the Sentry and the Void stand in the scale of power level. IMO I think the Sentry at best is a bit above the Silver Surfer, but nowhere near past herald level. Some people think he is above Thanos or Odin level which I disagreed with. But this is what this thread is about for all us Sentry fans to come to an agreement. :)

Anyhow I consider myself to be one of the biggest Sentry fans. Why do I love the Sentry? On the outside he seems like some extremely powerful character, but really on the inside he has a lot of flaws. He's a mentally ill powerhouse of a character with schizophrenia! How interesting is that? His weakness is actually...Well himself. His mentally stability i.e his schizophrenia plays a part in his powers. That's how complex the character is.

But...Due to the character's complexity he has been victim to some unfair critizim, one of my least favorite being that he's a "Superman ripoff". While I do like Superman and respect the history of the character. The Sentry especially when it comes to character is vastly different then Superman. Sure they both have "S", though I don't believe Superman has a trademark on the letter "S" nor being a powerhouse. But that's besides the point, when it comes to characters the two are vastly different. Superman's character is that of being noble, a true hero, near pefect(not that this is a bad thing) and complete control of himself. Sentry's character is that of someone who is well...Has a lot of flaws from being a drug junkie who doesn't really deserve his powers, to a person who is afraid of himself and to a person who has a severe case of schizophrenia.

Then we get to powers which like characters is also vastly different. Superman's power source is the sun. While Sentry's power is connected to his mental state. So yeah...While they may "look the same" they're really are not the same...

Anyways first lets address how the Sentry's powers work...

To understand the Sentry's and Void's powers in a simple way just think of Robert Reynolds as the scale. Bob=host/scale, Sentry=Hero and Void=Balance. Remember people Bob is the scale, his mental stability is the scale! One misconception people have is that they think the Void is more powerful. That is completely not true in the slightest bit, because the Sentry has defeated the Void many times back in his miniseries when the Void manifested himself into a separate being. But lets get back to Bob being the scale; again Sentry's powers are based off Bob's mentally stability. When Bob is completely mentally stable, the Sentry becomes more powerful, gets to use all his powers/abilities and the Void is severely weakened and he can not take control.

But when its the other way around, the Sentry becomes severely weak and the Void takes his chance to take over. We seen this towards Dark Reign and Siege. The Sentry or Void are not more powerful than one another, they are just split personalities of Bob. If Bob is completely stable than Sentry is more powerful...If not than the Void is. When Sentry is completely stable minded he has access to his limitless powers, if he is not stable minded than he can not use most of his powers. The Sentry and Void are also like Yin and Yang where they balance each other out. That's how I describe his powers.

But before we dwell deeper into this topic, lets dwell into the origin of the Sentry. :)

Origins:

No Caption Provided

From Sentry #8 vol. 2, the origins according to the Void.

From Dark Avengers #13 the Sentry's/Void' origins going back to the bible days. This one was very interesting to me...

His origins according to his wife and one of the scans she mentions of biblical proportions.

A cool and neat video that addresses his origins. ;)

His Potential

No Caption Provided

Okay... Okay... Brace yourselves because what I am about to say may piss off a lot of people and I know A LOT will disagree with what I'm going to say. Most of it is a copy and paste from one of my older threads I made about the Sentry's potential power compared to House of M Wanda. Just note that this is just speculation on my part. Again SPECULATION. I am not trying to wank the Sentry.

Anyhow... We've never seen Sentry's true potential in comics. The closet thing we got to a stable Sentry was his run during his creators Paul Jenkin's Sentry vol. 2 miniseries. But still he did not display much of his true powers. The only real time imo where we saw Sentry display almost all his power was his battle against Photon in the microverse where both were holding back and yet were releasing enough energy to "destroy worlds".

Other than that we really have not seen Sentry at his true potential. We also have the famous Sentry stalemating Galactus with the help of X-Man. I personally stray away from using that statement, because one it was off panel and two we don't even know the context of the fight. Was Galactus at moderate power or was he starving? So me personally I hardly bring up the Sentry stalemating with Galactus.

Anyways lets address his fight with Molecule Man. While I do think Molecule Man is much stronger than Sentry and should cream Sentry, the Sentry still beat him. We can call it PIS or whatever, or maybe there was some context behind it. It didn't seem like the Sentry even killed Molecule Man, but sent him away somewhere else. Sentry even asked Molecule Man to fix what he has done. So it can still be hinted that Molecule Man is still more powerful than Sentry when it comes to Molecule Manipulation, but who knows?

Molecule man is stated to be the most powerful cosmic cube being in existence. And note this was stated after his retcon. The Molecule Man that fought fought Sentry was not depowered since again there is no significant evidence that he was. Bendis never hinted that. Also one should note that Molecule Man had his own version of Beyonder( a cosmic cube capable of creating his own universe pretty similar to 616), Zarathos(powerful demon), Set (an elder god), Mephisto(powerful hellord), and Enchantress. That by itself is kinda impressive.

Anyways the Sentry beat Molecule Man or at least had him on the ropes. Whether its PIS or not is debatable. But... Me myself did not find the fight itself interesting. No... I found something after the fight more interesting. His power on panel being compared to that of House of M Wanda?

No Caption Provided

Now one would not take such claim seriously, but then you have this.

No Caption Provided

"...since such an overloard could have easily triggered outbrust to remake the world more openly and give us another House of M to deal with"

And then we have a purely physical fight between Sentry and the Void had potential to destroy all life on Earth.

No Caption Provided

Now we have had the Sentry being referred to as omnipotent by multiple characters and writers. I know must of you don't give a sh*t about that. And I agree 100%. I mean Odin has been called omnipotent, and he has not down any to suggest he is near that level and neither the Sentry. But still...A character such as the Sentry being referred to as omnipotent. Does that tell us his potential(not him being omnipotent, because of course he's not)? We know that he is very immortal and can come back when ever he pleases. During Siege he wanted Thor to kill him, as shown when Bob was holding the Void back. And again one could argue that we've never seen Sentry at his best, because we've mostly seen an mentally unstable Sentry(besides Paul Jenkins run) and Sentrys powers are obviously based off his mental state.

No Caption Provided

"When stable he has potential for limitless power....... however if his mental states waves he becomes weaker and easier to defeat. "

^^Again going back to how his powers is connected to his mental state.

But then we have the narration referring to Sentry's powers as "bigger than God and the universe".

No Caption Provided

I know its just a mere statement, but does it mean? Where does the Sentry's powers actually lie? What is his true limit? That's what I badly want to know...

Strength

No Caption Provided

Now in my opinion the Sentry ironically isn't know for his strength like Superman, Hulk, Hyperion, Gladiator or any other powerhouse, but he does have some good strength feats.

Rips Carnage in half easily.

No Caption Provided

One of his most well known and brutal showings... Rips Ares who is a God in half.

No Caption Provided

Excavates a canyon.

With Ms. Marvel's and Wonder Man's assistance Sentry lifts the Helicarrier.

Lifts sinking ship.

No Caption Provided

Goes to rescue a space shuttle(these things are thousands of tons).

Rips Morgana Le Ray's head off.

No Caption Provided

Strength/durability...Sentry flies straight through Asgard.

Stop an enraged Ares in his tracks...

No Caption Provided

Lifts plane with one hand...

Catches a jet...

No Caption Provided

Breaks Terrax Axe...His Axe which he slices planets in half with.

No Caption Provided

Just a statement, but the Sentry offers to sink an island...

No Caption Provided

The Sentry throws She-Hulk all the way to New Jersey.

No Caption Provided

First scan is him pushing a rather large ship aside, the next one is him lifting a large sinking cruiseship out of water.

So again while I believe he isn't known for his strength, he does have good strength feats that at least put him on par with people like Hulk and Superman.

Speed

No Caption Provided

In my opinion the Sentry has some of the craziest speed feats. But more importantly throughout his career he has shown to be quite a speed blitzer.

Sentry catches a handgun bullet point blank right after it’s been fired! A good reaction feat.

Hears Osborn calling him from the other side of the world and flies there in short notice. Very impressive speed feat...

Sentry speedblitzes Balder into the ground.

No Caption Provided

Catches a Skrull high-powered sniper rifle bullet in mid-air shot by the Punisher.

Rescues falling people at super speed.

No Caption Provided

Sentry is miles and miles away from the Punisher and appears behind him, before the Punisher can even finish his thought.

No Caption Provided

Everyday speeding with Moon Knight.

He flies to Libya to see if there is any problems and then flies back in seconds.

Flies to the Sun and back in a matter of moments.

Superspeeds the Void to the sun and throws him in it. (Just look at the less panels...). It looks like he could have reached the Sun in a matter of minutes or even seconds...

The Sentry Superspeeds to the Sun in a matter on minutes or seconds to take on the Collector.

The Sentry yet again flies to the sun in a matter of moments.

Props a collapsing tower at super speed. So fast that he appears everywhere. Even Ms Marvel is impressed.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry is as fast as light or faster.

No Caption Provided

^^^Here is an interview which touches base on the scan by the writer himself:

CBR: What exactly happens with the Sentry and the Void in this scene?

Matt Fraction:

Scott and Emma knew they couldn't beat the Sentry, so they had to distract the Void and for a split second Emma does just that. She keeps it within herself long enough for Bob Reynolds to snap to, realize what's happening, and flee. All they needed to do was to buy that half-a-second for the Sentry to take off and he flies into space as fast as he can. He realizes the best thing he can do is get off the battlefield. He goes off at the speed of light and the Void rushes after him to reconnect so they can be whole again.

Source:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22907

Flies to Saturn in only moments. Possibly was flying at light speed being as the distance between Earth and Saturn is very far.

Some more speed feats. Read the amount of time in how the Sentry operates...

Intercepts Thor by blitzing him.

Intercepts the Hulk by Speed Blitzing him. Sentry was NOT trying to fight the Hulk, but calm him down.

No Caption Provided

This is yet another amazing speed feat by the Sentry..The X-Men are involved in a fight with the General and Sentry. The General releases multiple missiles, all headed for different targets. Sentry goes after them. Notice how quickly he deactivates the first ones!

No Caption Provided

Sentry speedblitzes Morgan Le Fay and rips her head off, before she can even react.

No Caption Provided

Sentry states at two different occasions that he operates in milliseconds... Impressive.

No Caption Provided

Sentry flies across the city in a matter of seconds.

Telepathy

No Caption Provided

Yes the Sentry has telepathic abilities and yes he has demonstrated it more than once. I mean his powers are connected to his mental state... But more importantly the Marvel telepathic elites have stated more than once that his telepathic abilities and mind is grand, complex and potentially more powerful than theirs. Also many telepaths have stated that it is extremely difficult to enter inside his mind. So like the general potential of the Sentry, we don't really know the limits of the Sentry's telepathic abilities.

Two of Marvel's brightest Reed and Dr Strange assist the Sentry in building a device that will make everyone forget about him, but more importantly the Void. But the Sentry mind proves to strong, he still remembers, but everyone else on the planet including animals forgets. This in my opinion is a feat on how strong the Sentry's mind is.

They try once again, but still fail. Sentry still remembers.

Now this was actually done by the Sentry himself and not a device. Though the Sentry was under the illusion of the Master Mind. The Sentry once again under his own powers makes not just everyone on Earth forget out him, but also the Inhumans.

^^^And just so we can be extra clear here is an actual quote from the Master Mind from one of the scans, "I'm pretty proud of it too. Not only will he never remember the Sentry, but HE'LL make it so no one remembers the Sentry. And HE won't even know HE'S doing it."

The Sentry speaks with Xavier via telepathy.

The Sentry puts his mind in a comic book writer.

Dr. Strange tricks and subdues Sentry by making him believe in a false reality where he’s a mental patient with no powers. But when Bob catches on and throws his own weight around, Strange’s magic can’t hold his mind.

Sentry uses his psychic powers to make Super Adaptoid see the Void. As a result Super Adaptoid gets overwhelmed. Bendis himself states this, so this is not up for debates...

Sentry mentions that he could easily remove events from history books. I mean he has unintentionally made people forget about him before.

No Caption Provided

Emma Frost and Charles Xavier need to combine their efforts to invade Sentry's mind and even then Emma Frost has only access to the White Room she once built inside of Sentry's mind. Shortly after she is inside the Void attacks her and forces her to stay inside her Diamond Form to avoid being killed by the Void.

Marvel Boy invades Norman Osborn's mind, but is not able to invade Sentry's mind, which he describes as "impenetrable darkness".

Absorbing Man, who has a fraction of Sentry's powers invades Sentry's mind, but only gets access to what the Sentry is letting him see.

No Caption Provided

It is stated that Sentry's mind is holding his powers together.

No Caption Provided

Molecule Manipulation, Energy Abilities and Healing

No Caption Provided

Okay some Sentry fans I have talked with consider Molecule Manipulation to be the root of his powers and I mean everything even as little as him changing into his costume and healing. I don't 100% agree that Molecule Manipulation is the root of his powers but it is a good theory imo. The Sentry prior to Dark Avengers had no Molecule Manipulation, or at least he didn't know he had the power. The introduction of the Sentry having Molecule Manipulation really inflated the argument that we have not really saw his true potential.

Though before Molecule Manipulation he has shown impressive energy manipulation and healing powers.

Molecule Manipulation:

Whether we call it PIS or not the Sentry was able to defeat Molecule Man using Molecule Manipulation.

No Caption Provided

Sentry transmutes a piece of rock into a Healing Orb, which later on protects Hulk from the Void.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry realizes that he has Molecule powers and says, "That's how I do what I do." This actually strengthens the theory that his MM powers is the root to all his powers.

No Caption Provided

Makes his Watchtower re-materialize atop the Avengers tower after “hiding” it while he was away.

No Caption Provided

Turns clothes into his Sentry costume. And also turns regular clothespins into Sentry emblems.

Creates a warewolf out of nothing.

No Caption Provided

Energy Abilities:

Sentry can track people by sensing their aura.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry uses his energy to calm a raging Hulk.

No Caption Provided

The energy released by the Sentry during his fight with World War Hulk nearly destroys most of Manhattan.

Absorbing Man states never felt power like Sentry's. This is the guy who absorbed Thor's and Hulk's power. In the next scan the Sentry overloads Absorbing man.

This is probably Sentry's greatest feats. Sentry is fighting Photon and Sentry is emitting energy from everywhere. It says that Sentry's fight with Photon has enough power to destroy worlds! Not only that but both are holding back...

No Caption Provided

Both the Sentry and Collective in their fight destroy nearby moons.

No Caption Provided

Recharges Iron Man's armor.

No Caption Provided

Another one of Sentry's greatest feats. He temporarily contains an escaping Cosmic Cube for Reed Richards. Just shows that the Sentry can potentially absorb a limitless amount of energy.

No Caption Provided

In the first scan it is stated that the Sentry can draw energy from anywhere. In the next two scans its stated that solar energy makes him stronger.

Sentry can manipulate light to turn invisible.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry severs off Attuma's head with a light construct.

No Caption Provided

3 days after the fight with Hulk and the city was still burning, that's what casualling unleashing Sentry power did.

No Caption Provided

Healing:

Sentry cures his psychiatrist’s daughter.

The Sentry takes his healing ability one step further and resurrects his dead wife.

Immortality, Regeneration and Nigh Invulnerability

No Caption Provided

Okay to me the Sentry's immortality makes him seem like a "god". I'm not trying to wank, but its very impressive. Us Sentry fans for the longest have speculated that the Sentry chooses to die or that he can come back to life if he wants. I mean some of his showings seem to hint such a thing; he has died more than once and has came back... And when he dies, where does he go? Some have speculated the white hot room. Anyways Sentry also has crazy regeneration and durability feats... Lets take a look.

Immortality:

Morgana Le Fay kills Sentry via time manip. But then he appears later like nothing happened.

The Void tells Sentry they can't die.

No Caption Provided

The Void explains their immortality to Sentry after his mental state dives to suicidal and he tries to kill himself inside the Sun (this became a key point during the final Siege #4 fight).

Sentry gets ripped apart molecule by molecule by Molecule Man and yet he still reforms afterwards. In their fight Molecule Man again kills Sentry by making him explode, but the Sentry still comes back...

Regeneration:

Now this is a very impressive regeneration feat. He states that he regenerated from an Atom over and over again! Crazy...

No Caption Provided

Sentry regenerates from a full skeleton back to normal during a brief conversation.

No Caption Provided

Nigh Invulnerability:

He takes a Nuke and survives. He also starts smiling and making jokes about it.

Takes a blast from Spider Women and it does nothing to him...

No Caption Provided

His durability is very good. He takes Black Bolts whisper and just pulls a face like hes trying to hold himself there, which he does. This proves he's above classic Hulk there, because he was knocked out when BB done it to him but Sentry never moved once.

After the Void gives him a mental breakdown Sentry survives a kamikaze Skrull spaceship explosion at point blank.

Was immune to Rogue’s powers.

No Caption Provided

Acid strong enough to melt through steal has no effect on the Sentry.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry takes a hit from the Thing like its nothing.

No Caption Provided

Hulk throws a train at the Sentry and the Sentry is not phased or even moved!

No Caption Provided

Shrugs off Ultron’s lightning bolts which were torturing Ares.

An amazing Durability feat by Sentry...His Doctor tells Sentry that there is a thermonuclear device implanted in his stomach. Basically, if he tells him a certain word order (the secret to Sentry's origin), the device will blow. Fury activates it, and tells Sentry to get the Doc the hell away from Earth. Sentry picks up the doctor and begins to fly towards the upper atmosphere. But then the thermonuclear bomb goes off , but Sentry is not even affected. Now thats some durability. Though I'll admit some scans are missing...

Sentry flies in and out of the sun with no issues.

MISC

No Caption Provided

Meh... Just some of his other abilities and some statements.

Spiderman claims the Sentry stalemated Galactus.

No Caption Provided

X-Man in a way confirms it.

No Caption Provided

Most dangerous man on earth, he could end the existence of life... According to whats said in the scan.

No Caption Provided

Emma Frost calls Sentry a god.

Sentry effortlessly destroys a doombots and it's complimentary swarm that was making Norman look incompetent.

The Sentry on two occasions has been able to share his powers with others.

Sentry teleports out of a tomb.

Sentry teleports away, after meeting Nate Grey.

No Caption Provided

Sentry, who is in the Philippines hears Norman Osborn, who is in New York calling him.

Can hear a butterfly sneeze in Africa... :P

No Caption Provided

Doctor Strange says that the return of the Sentry and the Void could mean the end of the universe... This is speculation, but again we don't know the limit of his powers...

Doctor Strange uses his magic to transmute the entire dimension. Sentry is the one, who has to pay the price for it (I assume with his life force), but he deals with it just fine.

The Void

No Caption Provided

The evil half of Robert Reynolds. Or some people say Robert Reynolds himself. The "balance" of the three. The complete opposite of Sentry. Since he is the evil half the Void represents the dark part of Reynolds. And his powers are slightly different from the Sentry's. While the Sentry's powers represent light, the Void's represent darkness.

Some people misinterpret the Void as being stronger than the Sentry due to some high end showings of the Void especially from Siege. This is false. As I said neither are stronger than the other and like I said Roberts mental state is the power scale. Though like I said the Void has before separated himself into a separate entity. Not only that many heros(and villains) seemed to consider the Void a large threat. Some stating that he can end all life on Earth. But lets take a look...

Hulk says the Void is the only one he fears.

No Caption Provided

The Void breaking almost every bone in Savage Hulk's body.

The Void gives a single mother breast cancer.

No Caption Provided

The Void restrains the classic Avengers. Which includes Thor.

No Caption Provided

Overpowers Thor.

No Caption Provided

Void creates a storm and a hurricane, which rotates in the wrong direction.

No Caption Provided

The Void Vs. Europe’s Superheroes.

The Void Vs. Earth’s Superheroes: The heroes gather.

The Void screws with Hulk's mind.

Also attacks Spider-Man's mind.

The Void taking on Dr Strange, Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, InHumans, Namor,Shield Agents,etc... During the fight he shapeshifts into many creatures.

Sentry was unable to fight, subconsciously he sends in The Void to protect his wife. And the Void takes down what looks to be a Super Skrull.

The Void Almost destroys Manhattan.

The Void kills Loki. Even when he had the Norne stones.

The Void one shots the whole Avengers.

No Caption Provided

In the first volume the Void is dominating most of Earth's heros and even villains.

A recent showing from the Dr Strange series. Shows that the Void is not only a qualified team buster but a confirmed transcendent tier being!Takes on both Sorcerer Supreme Loki(or God of Stories) and God of Magic Dr Strange(basically Hell-Lord beings) and yet neither can do anything to him. Even with power amp Loki states there is nothing neither of them can do.

But lets go over why this is such an impressive feat by the Void. Prior to this fight in Loki: Agent of Asgard #16, Loki warps the entire dimension Asgard including Hela (Hell-lord level being, rival to Mephisto), Odin (while he had Odin-Force, he was somewhat weakened, around Hela's level), Beta Ray Bill, other gods of Asgard and Hela's armies and puts it all into his warp/story bubble.

And to add the Asgardian realm is stated to be the same size of a universe here and here. Like I said this feat truly puts the Void around trans level.

Deathseed Sentry

No Caption Provided

How can we go on without this guy? This version of Sentry has been making a name for himself in the battle forums ever since his appearance. I consider this Sentry to be the strongest version of the Sentry so far. Others think he's extremely powerful enough to be characters such as Silver Surfer or even Thanos. I don't know about the latter, but Deathseed Sentry really shows us what the Sentry is capable of amped or not amped. But the most unique thing about this character is the fact that there is no Void, since the Void is most likely left in the White Hot Room... So this imo dis-spells the myth that the Void is more powerful than the Sentry.

Here is Rick Remender confirming there is no Void.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry uses his molecule manipulation or telekinesis to stop Mjolnir and drop it to the ground.

No Caption Provided

Now this imo completely debunks the myth that Molecule Manipulation is exclusive to the Void. Here we see Deathseed Sentry using his MM powers to create sand golems to attack the Wasp.

No Caption Provided

Sentry overpowers Thor and punches him through multiple buildings, while the impact already is felt on the entire planet!

In order to stop Exitar's descend Rogue is forced to absorb the powers of many Avengers and X-Men. She ends up having the powers of over 100 heroes and still fails to stop Exitar.

Sentry then arrives on the scene and helps Rogue by lifting the other foot of Exitar-

Later on Sentry flies Exitar's dead body into space at high speed.

No Caption Provided

Sentry covers hundreds of miles before Wolverine can even warn the Avengers and then proceeds to grab Thor and fly away with him at a velocity, which totally overwhelms Thor, because he can't handle the speed... And Thor is someone, who already covered lightyears in a matter of moments, which means that the Sentry is even much faster.

A creepy feat by DSS. He rips his face open and strikes down Thor with what appears to be heat vision.

No Caption Provided

Another creepy and disturbing feat by DSS. He literally rips apart his head and overpowers the Wasp with his telepathic abilities which seemed to increase imo. His head latter regenerates...

The Sentry states that can feel Exitars energy in the White Hot Room which is another dimension. Impressive imo.

No Caption Provided

Sentry telepathically talks to Thor.

No Caption Provided
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Fights

No Caption Provided

The Sentry has had some of the most intense fights of his careers. But what I love about Sentry fights as a fan is that they have varied from appearance to appearance, especially when it comes to how he fights and how he uses his powers. IMO his fights are diverse; from a powerhouse slugging it out like with Hulk and Blue Marvel, using his Molecule Manipulation solely or a pure energy manipulation fight like his fight with the Collective and Photon. Not only that but his fights also varied on his mental state him being weaker or stronger, this has actually caused controversy in a lot of debates. But lets take a look.

Sentry vs Photon(Genis-Vell). In my personally opinion, this is Sentry's greatest fight and him being at his best to date. Both him and Photon are holding back and yet they have enough energy to shatter worlds...

And for those who think that planets weren't being destroyed and the narration was just a hyperbole, well its confirmed that Microverse Version of Hyperion's world was destroyed during the fight of Sentry and Photon.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry takes on one of the strongest versions of Hulk; World War Hulk in one of the most iconic fights in comics. I'm gonna get A LOT of hate for this since it has been debated heavily, but I'm going to stick to my guns. The Sentry being mentally unstable and thus at his weakest was able to go toe to toe with one of the strongest versions of Hulk and is an impressive feat by Sentry. Of course there is arguments that Hulk too was holding back(holding back the power of world breaker Hulk), but the Sentry in a weak state still took on a powerful version of the Hulk compared to past versions. Again I know many will disagree, but first lets post the scans of the fight. :)

Now lets address the context of things before and during the fight... As we already know the more mentally unstable Bob is the weaker he is. Again referring to the Marvel Handbook 2006:

No Caption Provided

"When stable he has the potential for virtually limitless power, ..., however, if his mental state wavers, he becomes weaker and easier to defeat"

But lets dwell deeper...The scan I'm going to post obviously shows internal struggle. I mean the Sentry was stuck at a door for 29 hours... He was scared of cutting lose and losing control of his powers. That alone tells us he was not mentally stable.

No Caption Provided

At the middle of the fight Sentry himself realizes he cant stop and the conversation seem to imply Sentry wanted Hulk to calm him down.

No Caption Provided

When Hulk finally KOs Sentry, the first thing Sentry says is "Bruce... Thank you."

No Caption Provided

The Hulk obviously defeated the Sentry, but to say he fought the Sentry at his best is false. When the Sentry was mentally unstable and thus weak, but more importantly he was losing control. But lets dwell deeper. An easy way to tell that the Sentry was weakened was lets compare the fight with Hulk to the one with Photon. With Photon both him and the Sentry were holding back andwas apparently releasing enough energy to destroy entire worlds, while still holding back and we can see the planet below start to crumble while they are fighting. But with Hulk the Sentry was loosing control of his powers of a million suns and wasn't even at the same powerful as when he fought Photon. And was "letting loose" against Hulk. And yet Rick still said he wasn't worried for just the Hulk, but the planet.

No Caption Provided

It seems the Sentry wanted to lose because based on what was shown and said in the scans he was loosing control and endangering everyone.

Again by Robert himself, who before the fight was not scared of Hulk's power but his own power. This again connects the dots to the Sentry losing control of his powers.

No Caption Provided

But to put EVERYTHING together here is a reply from Greg Pak, the writer of World War Hulk:

No Caption Provided

"Robert was on the verge of going too far, of expending so much energy that he could destroy everything and everyone around them."

"So when it comes to the very end, Robert thanks Bruce for pulling him back from the precipice. "

We can agree-disagree on this subject, but there are many statements/showings that back up the Sentry being depowered/mentally unstable against World War Hulk.

Sentry Vs. Atlantean terrorist cell

Sentry Vs. Gorgon, Karnak and other Inhumans

Sentry vs Dr Strange

Sentry and Spider-Man Vs The Void

Sentry and Hulk vs the Void

The Sentry fights and defeats the Void.

Sentry vs Xeniac

Sentry owning Wolverine...

Sentry vs Dr Doom...Sentry rips his armor off.

Sentry toys with the Punisher

Sentry vs Namor. Looks like Sentry was winning dominating until help was called in.

The infamous fight with Molecule Man. Whether you agree it was PIS or not, the Sentry managed to defeat Molecule Man...

The Sentry fights the collector to a stalemate. Note Binary couldn't even handle him and she's a proven planet buster...

Sentry goes toe to toe with the Blue Marvel

^^However, an important thing we do have to note for the context of this fight is that the Sentry is weak against anti-matter coming outside of the negative zone during the fight. The writer himself even states so...

No Caption Provided

Sentry goes ham on female Ultron. He almost rips her head off.

Sentry fights Iron Man. Iron Man does win, but only by outsmarting the Sentry...

Sentry vs Noh Var

Deathseed Sentry completely overwhelms Thor in their first encounter...

In their second encounter he ends the fight quickly...

One shots Stark in a more powerful armor(you Iron Man fans correct me).

Conclusion

No Caption Provided

The Sentry is one of those complex characters that we think we have the character figured out, but we really don't... Again we don't know the limits of the Sentry's and Void's power. Its been something that us fans and non-fans alike have been trying to figure out. How powerful is the Sentry? I mean his creator Paul Jenkins has said his purpose was to be stronger than characters like Thor. But since his first appearance since the year 2000 we have never seen the Sentry or Void at their true potential. Maybe in the future we will. Maybe Rick Remender will continue writing the Sentry.

But we have seen the Sentry's and Void's abilities and feats. And while I said we don't know the Sentry's true potential, but as of right now in my own personal opinion I would place a stable minded Sentry on par with the Silver Surfer, which is pretty powerful. As for Deathseed Sentry I would place him between Silver Surfer and Thanos. Basically a low level transcendence level character. Trans characters are pretty much more powerful than high heralds like Silver Surfer, but less powerful than skyfathers like Odin. Thanos And Darksied are examples of this. But imo Deathseed Sentry would be much weaker than the two; a low level trans character.

Again this is just my personal opinion. Hope you guys enjoy the thread.

And I promised I would tag some people... So come right in @realitywarper@vance_astro@sophia89@kingant27@hellionvulcan@darrellacoustic@killemall@kidman560@noone301995

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's good :)

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0/10

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@realitywarper

@rpgesus said:

0/10

Please lets actually try to read the rules. Lets not go there. If you don't like this thread then don't post, to reduce any flamewars.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else?

Mercurial256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this thread since I don't have to go to killer movies now to view enzeru thread for looking up sentry related feats. Thanks so much for doing this, I appreciate it!

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@mercurial256:

You welcome. :)

Glad we both have reasons to not go on KMC... :)

@agentofchaos1

Thanks!

Note: Updated the OP a bit. Added one new scan in the potential section and added one new one to the energy abilities section.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By lettsplay10

Awesome

i want too see more of Death Seed Sentry man

i want to know what happened after he lifted the celestial to space

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this thread since I don't have to go to killer movies now to view enzeru thread for looking up sentry related feats. Thanks so much for doing this, I appreciate it!

Enzeru did the best respect thread about The Sentry that I ever read.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

i want too see more of Death Seed Sentry man

i want to know what happened after he lifted the celestial to space

Yeah I don't know why Rick Remender is keeping us waiting. Its like he just brought back the Sentry and left him... Which I don't mind since the Sentry is alive, but still I want to see MORE from him. The thing I found interesting about the Sentry in Uncanny Avengers is that he had his own agenda than what the Apocalypse twins wanted. Not only that, but there was no Void or his agoraphobia and thus his powers are practically limitless, because those two are what held back regular Sentry. We only got a small taste of what DSS can do.

And yeah I too want to know what happened after he lifted the Celestial to space. Carrying a Celestial itself is already an impressive feat imo. I hope it leads to the Sentry becoming a cosmic character.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump...

Anyone else?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Sentry is by nature a character whose capabilities are going to be seen differently by different people. Some will think he is barely Superman level, some would put him vastly above. That being said I really like your write up and I could agree with this.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Sentry is by nature a character whose capabilities are going to be seen differently by different people. Some will think he is barely Superman level, some would put him vastly above. That being said I really like your write up and I could agree with this.

No Caption Provided

OMG...Am I seeing things? O_o

Welcome back old friend. Anyways glad you agree and liked the write up, I know we sometimes disagreed about some few things on the Sentry. IMO at best I see a stable minded Sentry on par or slightly above Silver Surfer for now...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I have actually always enjoyed debating with you. It's just I dont much enjoy debating on comicvine as often these days.
But hopefully i will see you soon.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

Yeah I understand. I too took a long break from debating on CV, I actually just started posting on here again.

Even though yous said you dont enjoy debating much, I still hope you can still share some knowledge at least. :)

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry is not bigger than GOD. who the hell made that silly statement?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Considering there are screenshots of Bendis' Siege script making direct references to Sentry's black eyes equalling the Void's influence, I believe that alone discredits several parts of this write up.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@medulaoblaganda said:

sentry is not bigger than GOD. who the hell made that silly statement?

No duh? It wasn't meant to be taken literally...

@lvenger

Where?

Even if true MM is still apart of Sentry's natural abilities since he has used it without the Void.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Considering there are screenshots of Bendis' Siege script making direct references to Sentry's black eyes equalling the Void's influence, I believe that alone discredits several parts of this write up.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Lvenger
No Caption Provided

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Every time Sentry has used molecule manipulation, he's been under Void's control.

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

Considering you've now turned to wanking DBZ and Goku just out of spite that people think Superman can walk all over Sentry without Void, which he can, I have even more reason to not trust a word you say. Not that you had any credibility or actual points to begin with, but it's just proving your bias and spiteful BS you spout even moreso than usual. Cue the insults and attempt to paint me as some mentally challenged retard, what was the name of that condition you said I had?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@lvenger:

Where does it even mention the Void? More importantly its not even addressing the fight Molecule Man fight(like expected), but the Siege arc. Which I do agree was the Void's doing. I'll be fair and edit that it was the Void's doing that ripped Ares. Bendis makes no direct reference that it was the Void, just stating that the black eyes are "off-putting" about the Sentry.

PS: Was your purpose being in this thread was to try your best to decredit the character due to some vendetta against the character?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Considering you've now turned to wanking DBZ and Goku

I'm w-ing nothing. Your answer is just sad.

just out of spite that people think Superman can walk all over Sentry without Void,

I just proved to you in ONE SCAN that The Void is created by Bob during his schizophrenic crisis.

Void isn't a separate character with his own powerset but just Bob using his power in a different, more evil way, during his schizophrenic crisis.

which he can,

Nope.

Sentry is totally impervious to physical damages and totally stomps Superman in all areas and has powers that Superman doesn't.

I have even more reason to not trust a word you say.

Unfortunately you don't trust the writer too...

Not that you had any credibility

You are ushing Ad Hominem remarks everytime that you are proved wrong on something. Im used to it.

or actual points to begin with,

Just what I said.

but it's just proving your bias and spiteful BS

Third time.

you spout even moreso than usual.

4th time.

Cue the insults

and attempt to paint me

as some mentally challenged retard

You should be reinsured :

I don't see you as a being capable to challenge me mentally.

, what was the name of that condition you said I had?

Dunning-Krueger effect.

Do you need a link to the wiki ?

I'm glad that beyond the insults you just spread towards me you get some interest about your own condition.

It's like a light at the end of the dark tunnel.

By the way, ONLY the black speech bubbles are the mark that Bob is enduring a schizophrenic crisis.

The black eyes usually shows only negative emotions : anger, sadness, etc...

Void with Glowing Golden Eyes™

No Caption Provided

You clearly can see that The Void has the dark speech bubbles and Sentry the White ones...

Sentry with Black Eyes :

No Caption Provided

It seems that you can't handle that characters more powerful than Superman exist and that makes you insecure so in some way you are feeling insulted when people say that Superman loose against those character.

You even feel the need to lowball or misinterpretate facts about those characters...

If that makes you feel better to think that it's up to you, unfortunately people on this forum have different opinions and some are actually truly backed-up by facts in the comics, by the writers, by the editors...

To summarize...

1. There is no "powers of the Void", it's a myth and The Void is just Robert going crazy and using his power-set in a different way.
  2. Robert kicked Molecule Man's @$$.
  3. Bob stopped the descent of Exitar.
  4. He stalemated Genis-Vell and released multiple planet-bustings attacks while holding back.

All of those feats (and there are other) put the Sentry in a whole other dimension than Superman.

Superman is an herald-level character...

Sentry is above Molecule Man whom is far far above the other Cosmic Cube beings. That makes him the most powerful man in the Marvel Universe.

No Caption Provided

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff, bub.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated thread...

Lordofthelepus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComedianVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ComedianVet

I think the most interesting thing about Sentry is that there is always a question of what he really wants. You can, for most characters, say definitely that they were defeated by X because you know they really were trying to win. With Sentry on the other hand, his intentions never seem to be perfectly clear because there's always a spoken (sometimes unspoken) doubt that seems to creep in the back of his mind. Whether he's acting out as the Void, as Bob, as the Sentry, or even as Death, there is always (arguably) a glimmer of the other voices second guessing his every move. Thus, a confident Sentry may be the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe, but a confident Sentry will probably never exist in the Marvel universe. His mind, his origins, his motives and his powers will always be a question and always seem to suit the current story arch more than some gradual increase or decrease. He hasn't slowly gotten more powerful, his supposed greatest feat was done long before he was even revealed to us - his stalemate with Galactus.

Basically, I think the Sentry could be placed anywhere between The One Above All and 3-D Man - depending on how confident the dominant personality (Sentry, Void, Bob, etc...) at the time is and regardless of past feats.

edit: but he always seems to be immortal to some extent.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Yep... My long hiatus from comics is not ending until the Sentry returns. Have not cared about anything comic related excluding movies.

Kal-el52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Great thread by the way its confirmed by the creator Paul Jenkins that Sentry is more powerful than Molecule man and the Beyonder,Making him the most powerful being second to the one above all.

No Caption Provided

Time to update your thread

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In truth sentry is almost unstoppable when his head is 100% in the game

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to post this for the anti-Sentry crowd who still believe Molecule Manipulation is not apart of his abilities but the Void(after many evidence)/it was the Sentry "tapping into Void's powers" that fought Molecule Man.

Bendis: "We've now unveiled all of our cards - about who the Sentry is and what his powers are. We've unveiled in Dark Avengers #12 that the Sentry, on top of his powers, has powers like the Molecule Man. He actually has the ability to craft / to form a reality from a molecular level. And that's where his powers have come from. [...] And there is no limit to the power level that he has."

Loading Video...

(Starts at 2:05)

NO WHERE does Bendis mentions the Void.

grey_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By grey_god

can one say that having lost the void of a robert he lost some of his strength? (because void was half of his strength,if it is not so, how emptiness at will was able to go to the white room and there exist)

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grey_god said:

can one say that having lost the void of a robert he lost some of his strength? (because void was half of his strength,if it is not so, how emptiness at will was able to go to the white room and there exist)

Uh... NO. People need to understand that the Void having more control makes the Sentry WEAKER. Without having to fight for control, the Sentry(good persona) is more powerful now.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/myth-is-the-void-more-powerful-than-the-sentry-1688977/

grey_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and now void came back and it seems he has strength

doctor strange 384

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grey_god said:

and now void came back and it seems he has strength

doctor strange 384

I want to see more.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with the Sentry was that (to me) he came across as a What If mini-series concept that's spiralled out of control. I have no problems with insanely powerful characters, what I have a problem with are characters whose powers are so vaguely undefined that it allows writers to pull brand new insane feats from nowhere.

His serum origin, the undefined nature of the Void, the way he seems to be able to do whatever is needed/wanted by the author to create a new Bad-Ass Moment, it all turns me off when I know I could easily enjoy a similar character with a more defined concept. But then I'm one of those people who doesn't see the appeal of One Punch Man so...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Time to add more to this thread....

Doctor Strange uses his magic to transmute the entire dimension. Sentry is the one, who has to pay the price for it (I assume with his life force), but he deals with it just fine.

Edit: Added to Op.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive respect thread, looking forward to what he brings in upcoming title.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Impressive respect thread, looking forward to what he brings in upcoming title.

Stay tuned because I will be posting A LOT of updates. I'm about to add some of his showings from the recent Dr Strange issue and some other feats I have not noticed.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the Hulk still remembered him ?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

But the Hulk still remembered him ?

What do you mean?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A recent showing from the Dr Strange series. Shows that the Void is a qualified team buster. Takes on both Sorcerer Supreme Loki and God of Magic Dr Strange and yet neither can do anything to him. Even with power amp Loki states there is nothing neither of them can do.

Added to OP....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good. Much better than usual respect threads or this >> that.

Very good job.