The Valor Within (Character Reintroduction)

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was an ordinary evening, the woodsy smell of sandalwood balanced by the warm amber base lifted his spirit, but the gathering crowd of people quickly reminded him what today really was about. A vigil for the victims of previous Valor City attacks. Assaults on the city were commonplace as of late. So much so, many believed it was a grim curse left upon the land.

As he watched the two women ahead of him place their candles before the memorial site that was made in honor of the fallen, Lionel winced at the collective grief that seemed to tether everyone together.

The woman to the right wore a scar that tattooed much of her side profile. As she turned away from the sight of her husband's face etched into the monument, her teary eyes were met by the arrival of her son. Her posture stiffened as he approached. She wasn't expecting his arrival.

"Isaiah, didn't I say to wait in the car with your sister??" With one foot on his skateboard, he used the other foot to propel himself forward. In the process of increasing his momentum, however, the young boy bumped into Lionel and lost his balance. He then stumbled forward and nearly fell flat onto his face before Lio managed to grab him by the forearm and pull him back onto the soles of his shoes.

"I'm so sorry, sir. He's been out of his mind since his dad passed. Now Isaiah, turn around and say sorry to this man." The boy lowered his head when the volume of her voice heightened. Apologizing for an honest mistake felt pointless. Instead, Lio crouched down just a bit to meet the boy's somber eyes. He lifted the skateboard as a peace offering.

"Hey, kid. It's no sweat. I promise." As he touched the board, however, Lionel's psychometric ability absorbed the memories attached to the board. Many of which included skateboard rides to the local precinct, where Isaiah would drop off a box of doughnuts for his dad. It was a wicked whiplash of emotion and Lionel was shocked by the weight of grief still resting on the kid's shoulders.

"I know it ain't easy...not knowing why things happen, but um. I just think you should um...pay attention to how much weight you're putting on your less dominant foot. Otherwise, you might lose a tooth next time." Lionel wasn't good at pep talks. His best speeches often happened during happy hour so long as someone else was footing the bill. In this instance, he was at a loss for words. How could he assuage the pain coursing through his veins? There wasn't a right answer, but he would at least try.

"Thank you for the concern, ma'am." As he stood upright, the mother tucked her son's head against her side. Attempting to comfort him whilst he tucked his board underneath his arm.

"I lost track of where I was. That's on me." As he smiled in hopes of easing the tension he inadvertently found himself in, Lionel could see a blonde-haired woman in the distance watching him converse with the locals presiding in Honor Valley Park. His sense of concern for those around him suddenly became a churning feeling of resentment in the pit of his stomach. Why was she here?

"I think you missed a few steps toward recovery, dummy." Sabrina let out a deep sigh as she rested on a bench near the entrance of the park. Her eyes are firmly glued on an A-X Phone she's pulled from her pink Telfar bag. She's scrolling through social media posts that recollect Lionel's previous escapades.

"I don't know how they did things in your universe, but I don't think this whole 'new year, new you' venture works if you keep quitting things you've barely started." Sabrina tilted her head to meet the grimace plastered on his face. Her cousin was an irritable man, easily tempered by anyone who questioned his decisions. One push and he'd unravel into a flustered fit. This time, however, she was surprised to witness him maintain his composure.

"I don't need this, Rina. I told your dad I didn't need Dominus International's money or his superpowered babysitter. I'm good on my own and I'm going to do some good for my own!" He could feel his voice crack as he stood his ground, but it was a good feeling nonetheless.

"What do you mean your own, Lio. You're not from this world." Rina scoffed at the thought.

"No, I'm not...but I know what it means to feel helpless and to feel confused about why things are happening the way they are. I think. No, I know I can help." The space between them cooled as Rina lifted herself up from her seat. As she approached Lionel, she placed a hand on his shoulder. It was the closest resemblance of comfort she could express.

No Caption Provided

"Maybe I can bring some closure to those who need it most. Make some change right here in Valor City." Lionel wasn't asking for her approval, but he hoped she'd understand his truth. Rina was understandably skeptical, but she knew she couldn't force him back into their family's collective trust. He was too stubborn and hotheaded to listen to anyone other than the beat of his own heart.

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad, I can't wait to read more!

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Closure
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read this but I love it.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Closure
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arquitenens
Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captured the reluctant unsure hero vibe nicely.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al-Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love you planting Lio in Valor 😁❤️

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al-said: now come visit. he's gonna need his person >.<

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: Great work and it looks like an interesting character. Would love to RP with you at some point. ^_^

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: when i'm ready to beat you up i'll let you know <3 lol

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: *LOL* Then I hope I manage to make my defeat at your hands as epic as possible. ~_^