your thoughts on the F.S.U. student hitting the woman

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@blade_r said:

I am mostly against hitting woman as I was taught that's something I should never do but what did she expect? She hit him in the face first, he popped her back. Don't hit people if you don't want to get hit back.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop being over senistive P word SJWs, self defense is a right

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mortein said:
@heatblaze123 said:

But she barely phased him, that doesn't really make it ok. If some stupid kid hit you and you felt next to nothing, would you retaliate with a full blown punch to the face? Use your brain, walk away.

She's a grown woman, not a kid. Kids do not have freedoms nor responsibilities of adult humans.

A proper question to ask would be, if a weaker man talked shit to you, and hit you, and you felt only a moderate amount of pain, would you punch him back properly, or would you walk away.

Hell, it doesn't even matter whether you would walk away, you are free to do whatever you want, but do you think that physically stronger people should not have the right to fight back, if they are attacked.

It really doesn't matter since you know you hold a significant physical advantage over the other. And you're not free to do whatever, if you badly injure him or even kill him you're going to jail/prison. Thing is she barely attacked him, she gave a sloppy punch that missed him, why would you hit her that freaking hard for that? I don't think she should go scott free she should be in trouble too for starting the conflict. But this was a situation that can be easily avoided on his part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're going to act like a man, then you'll be treated like a man.

The lesson we should all get from this, is that you don't hit a stranger for no reason. You don't know what someone's attitude or way of thinking is when it comes to how they feel about hitting a poor little woman or self-defense in general.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to see women take everything from men because of retaliation.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That hit was too much. That said, if he's charged she should be to.

This.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

A man should never hit a woman.

Nobody should hit anyone unless in self defence.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks to me like he's trying to reach the bar, brushes up against her. She gets angry, and pushes him with her forearm, as well as raises her fist to threaten him. He grabs her fist, she punches him, he hits her back.

He is obviously in the right here, she initiated physical contact and confrontation, as raised her fist as if to strike him.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Men have the right to defend himself, they're humans too. They can't just stand there and get beaten like hell.

Women can do a ton of damage to guys, too, the strength difference, although perceptible, isn't really as high as people make it out to be. A normal punch or a slap to either gender wouldn't injure anyone all that much, unless you're aiming at a weak spot. If we're going to live in an equal society, we might as well give out equal rights and equal lefts.

If you're strong enough to dish out a hit, you're damn sure strong enough to take one. Women shouldn't be the exception to do this rule. Don't underestimate their capability.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Because women and men are different. I can't take anyone serious when they say hitting a woman is a part of "equality". It's wrong when men get into physical alterations, which don't include sport, but it's just one of those things that are acceptable in society. Hitting a woman because she bad mouths you or shoves you just shows a lack of restraint. I have a moral code that would prevent me from striking a women.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

She hit him first. Unless they want to charge her with battery as well and treat her with the same equality they are treating him with, I hope he sues the school and wins.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any update on this story? I can't find but the articles on July 6th

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: And you don't have a moral code for striking men? Isn't that sexist?

Men and women are different, but that doesn't mean equality shouldn't exist. Men have every right to hit a woman in self defence, and women have every right to hit a man in self defence. The woman in this incident hit him and started shoving him so a good slap would have been justified in his case but he went overboard and gave her a massive punch even though her hit was far weaker then the one he threw.

I'm not justifying that anyone should hit ANYONE, just only in self defence. If you had a woman who was bigger or around the same size as you and attacked you with the intent to kill, what would you do? And if that person was a man that was slightly smaller than you would you react differently?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: The man in that video wasn't in any harm to defend himself. He grabs the girls arm and it seems to hurt her and he starts to say something inches from her face. So she punches him and return he gives her a black eye. How is this equality? Is hitting a woman who is 40 or 80 so pounds less than the man sound fair to you? Was she able to defend herself in that situation after he punched her? What if he knocked her to the ground and started to wail on her? He probably would have done something like that to a girl if he hit him, so why did he run away instead of finishing the job? Was he ashamed of hitting her? Because he fled the scene pretty quickly.

I would hit anyone if it meant self defending my well being from serious harm. But guess what women don't try to kill guys the same way men try to kill men. They use poison to kill or through other means, and usually they kill someone they are close to them like their children or a spouse. I have a higher chance of being killed by a man than I would ever be by the hands of a women.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly if I was that girl, I may have broke his arm and his face

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not have a problem with anyone defending themselves (Within reason), With this case I am torn, On one hand its not like the guy was in any physical danger (It was a half-hearted punch / slap), But on the other, The first thing she did was threaten to strike him & then laid hands on him without any physical provocation.

I will say that I find a woman attacking a guy knowing that said guy wont retaliate just as disgusting and cowardly as a Guy (Or Woman) attacking a woman knowing she (or He) cannot defend themselves or retaliate & pose a threat back.

Yomiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both should be charged with battery.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

A man shouldn't hit a girl unless she's a psychopath or she try to kill you

self defense doesn't have to be punch somebody in the face, you can just block her punch with your hand, it doesn't look hurt anyway

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@knightsofdarkness2: The man in that video wasn't in any harm to defend himself. He grabs the girls arm and it seems to hurt her and he starts to say something inches from her face. So she punches him and return he gives her a black eye. How is this equality? Is hitting a woman who is 40 or 80 so pounds less than the man sound fair to you? Was she able to defend herself in that situation after he punched her? What if he knocked her to the ground and started to wail on her? He probably would have done something like that to a girl if he hit him, so why did he run away instead of finishing the job? Was he ashamed of hitting her? Because he fled the scene pretty quickly.

I would hit anyone if it meant self defending my well being from serious harm. But guess what women don't try to kill guys the same way men try to kill men. They use poison to kill or through other means, and usually they kill someone they are close to them like their children or a spouse. I have a higher chance of being killed by a man than I would ever be by the hands of a women.

Didn't she shove him with her arm repeatedly before he grabbed her and threatened him? She was clearly at fault and he should've just slapped her instead of hitting her that hard.

Yeah, it sounds fair. It's the person's fault for attacking someone that is stronger then you. If someone attacked me and is smaller then me weight wise I would still defend myself.

Was she able to defend herself in that situation? Not really, her fault for assaulting someone stronger then her.

Also, let's face it, if you're going to hit someone, you're probably going to flee the scene before things get even worse. If he wailed her then he has every right to get charged (he still should be charged though, that punch was too much) but she should as well.

Women do try to kill just the same way as men. It's easy as hell to kill someone with a knife, and there are multiple reports of women killing men for petty crap without the use of poison and subtle methods of killing.

Men have the right to defend themselves just like women. That's equality.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ccraft

@knightsofdarkness2: All that video shows is a lack of discipline from the football player. Both should be charged for assault. I learnt martial arts when I was younger and my instructor told me not to invoke fights or to start them. Now if a woman shoved me or even threw a punch, I know better not to kick her upside the head. There are other means of avoiding fights, he could have moved to a different area, or he could have restrained her if he thought she could pose a danger to his life. I wouldn't punch a dude either if I thought I could prevent it.

He's most likely lost his job over punching this girl, that's his fault.

You're missing the point, the statistics show that women kill differently than men do. This is a fact. The statistics also show women kill less than men do. This is a fact. I'm not saying there is no proof that a woman would use a knife, gun, or other means to kill someone.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssholes, it's called self-defense.

If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail. (link)

Sad_Eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Don't hit anyone period.. self control isn't that common.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waynewilsonslade: That's one way to restrain an aggressor, but that place was far too crowded to do something like that.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#180  Edited By silent_bomber

I have no sympathy for anyone who thinks they can go through life treating strangers like garbage.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Does that mean you think the man used appropriate violence to end a threat?

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@knightsofdarkness2: All that video shows is a lack of discipline from the football player. Both should be charged for assault. I learnt martial arts when I was younger and my instructor told me not to invoke fights or to start them. Now if a woman shoved me or even threw a punch, I know better not to kick her upside the head. There are other means of avoiding fights, he could have moved to a different area, or he could have restrained her if he thought she could pose a danger to his life. I wouldn't punch a dude either if I thought I could prevent it.

He's most likely lost his job over punching this girl, that's his fault.

You're missing the point, the statistics show that women kill differently than men do. This is a fact. The statistics also show women kill less than men do. This is a fact. I'm not saying there is no proof that a woman would use a knife, gun, or other means to kill someone.

And a lack of discipline from the woman. She was threatening him and attacked him, not to mention shoving him. He had the right to defend himself, but he went overboard. He tried subduing the woman by grabbing her but that didn't work. I agree that both should be charged though.

I don't think he had a lot of options to avoid the fight. The bar seemed pretty crowded and the women would've kept hitting him. A good slap would've worked though.

I'm not saying that all women kill the same as men, but a ton of them do.

@ccraft said:
@waynewilsonslade said:

@ssholes, it's called self-defense.

If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail. (link)

That punch wasn't enough to cause grievous bodily harm or death though.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Honestly what makes you keep saying he should have just slapped her? Have you watched too many video compilations of where guys slapping girls when they start to mouth off?

You also keep saying the punch was too much, and I agree, there's a thing called Proportional Response which means

The use of self-defense must also match the level of the threat in question. In other words, a person can only employ as much force as required to remove the threat. If the threat involves deadly force, the person defending themselves can use deadly force to counteract the threat. If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/self-defense-overview.html#sthash.m5tlyuc0.dpuf

And another called Duty to Retreat which means you should try leaving the situation before using violence. Which the man did not do.

So I would not call what this man did was self defense.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Does that mean you think the man used appropriate violence to end a threat?

I don't care. There are too many horrible things happening to actual good people for me to care when an abusive racist drunk gets punched in the face for an argument she herself started. Hopefully she learned from this experience and came out of it a better person.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By silent_bomber
@ccraft said:

@silent_bomber: abusive racist drunk?

Whilst he was trying to squeeze through and the lady at the bar was moving away, the "victim" turned round and said to him "get off me you fracking n-word" (which is backed up by bystanders) she then tried to block his way to the bar and turned and threatened him.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@knightsofdarkness2: Honestly what makes you keep saying he should have just slapped her? Have you watched too many video compilations of where guys slapping girls when they start to mouth off?

You also keep saying the punch was too much, and I agree, there's a thing called Proportional Response which means

The use of self-defense must also match the level of the threat in question. In other words, a person can only employ as much force as required to remove the threat. If the threat involves deadly force, the person defending themselves can use deadly force to counteract the threat. If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/self-defense-overview.html#sthash.m5tlyuc0.dpuf

And another called Duty to Retreat which means you should try leaving the situation before using violence. Which the man did not do.

No. A slap would have just made her back off. That punch practically made her quiet, a slap would've done the same. She needs to know that she can't attack people with no consequence.

A slap would have matched the threat she imposed on him. Not to mention he did try grabbing her so she didn't attack him like she threatened to. He didn't leave before hitting her, but some police officers have stated that you can defend yourself, but it's best to leave before it ends up getting really serious. This incident didn't get all that serious to be honest and it's still self defence in my book. She was hitting him, he hit her with too much force. Both are in the wrong.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#188  Edited By BatWatch

@ccraft said:

I agree with you that the man gave a disproportionate response and is for that reason in the wrong alongside the woman, but I think the Duty to Retreat philosophy is nonsense. You are right that the legal principal exists in most places, but it's a stupid principle. According to duty to retreat, if a guy pulls a weapon on me, then I'm duty bound to run away which of course leaves me completely vulnerable to the guy who wants to shoot or stab me in the back. In some states, you can't attack someone even if they break into your house unless you retreat to the farthest corner of your house. It's ridiculous. I'm a Stand Your Ground guy all the way. You shouldn't have to give up when someone tries to hurt you.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: He didn't use self-defense, he used retaliation. She hit him, and he hit her back (retaliation). He should have left or "run" away.

@batwatch:I don't think Duty to Retreat means you have to "run" away from every situation. It just means trying to remove yourself from a violent situation. If it was an immediate threat you should act appropriately. When it comes to an intruder in your home, which is a dangerous situation, I would probably try to call the cops first, move to the furthest place in the house and then defend myself. It's a reasonable thing imo. Charging downstairs with a shotgun could lead to accidental murders.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#190  Edited By BatWatch

@ccraft:

No, duty to retreat pretty much means run away. There is such a thing as prosecutorial discretion, so I'm sure not everyone who refuses to retreat gets prosecuted, but there have been many who have been inprisoned for defending themselves, their property and their loved ones.

If someone decides to spend their lives as a predator that lines his own pocket by hurting innocent people, then I am perfectly fine with that evil person being killed in the act.

I see no virtue in a law that protects predators and penalizes those with the courage to stand against them.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That punch was too hard tbh.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: What I'm saying is duty to retreat isn't just running away, but getting away from someone trying to injure you. When a cashier gets robbed at a bank they shouldn't attack the person robbing them, you see them attacking them the bad guy runs away and it makes you feel good seeing something like that, but it is against the law, for good reasons to.

I would prefer duty of retreat than stand your ground, it seems to me people could exploit stand your ground more so than duty of retreat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH MAH GAHWD, we should have a law where someone who is defending him/herself from a physically inferior person, never goes above a certain psi. This psi will have to be determined of course after a lengthy and careful process in which all factors including the following are considered in a professional and non-bias manner:

How hard can the physically inferior person take a punch before it looks "shocking" or "too hard"?

How hard can the person defending him/herself punch?

What head position the person taking the punch slept in (their jaw maybe in a weakened state)?

After which a psi measuring machine will be rushed to the scene. The person acting in self-defense will be asked to punch the psi machine and will have to be careful when punching the physically inferior person. For if he punches harder than the determined psi range, he/she will be immediately taken to jail and be sentenced. The physically inferior person in question will be declared innocent on the spot and be showered with pity. If the punch is just right, then everyone goes home and the matter is settled.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Yes it was, she pushed him first, threatened him first, and started swinging first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: What was retaliation? For stopping her from striking him?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Nah. This whole "women can hit whoever they want with zero consequences" BS rule society has cast on itself needs to stop. He had the right to defend himself. She could have done the same thing to someone else and it would just cause more problems. He was getting hit and he hit her too hard, that's it. It is self defence, not just retaliation. He tried stopping her, didn't work, so he hit her back.

Yes, leaving the situation when something is about to get really violent is a good idea but it already got violent. He should 100% defend himself in this situation. He just went overboard.

@khael said:

Really?

A man shouldn't hit a girl unless she's a psychopath or she try to kill you

self defense doesn't have to be punch somebody in the face, you can just block her punch with your hand, it doesn't look hurt anyway

Lmao, this is the BS narrow-minded mindset that made society a goddamn joke. Men have the absolute RIGHT to hit a woman in self defence, even if she's not a psycho or has lethal intent.

So you think all men are freaking Batman and can catch fists in midair with ease? That's bullshit, man.

It does hurt. You clearly have no idea what being punched feels like. If a punch doesn't hurt, why are women not allowed to get hit then?

Case in point: Don't hit anyone unless you want to get a haymaker in the face. This goes to either gender.