Also as of now the woman is not facing any charges

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Spambot

Its really sad that everyone who is pointing out that the 6-3 230lb fb player started the violence when he forcefully grabbed her and refused to let go is being called a sjw. He a. shouldn't have been at the bar in the first place since he isn't 21 yet b. cut in line and accidently ran into her in the process of cutting c. laid his hands on her before she had touched him d. responded to her half hearted punch to have him release her by striking her with approx 50x the force and landing the punch directly on her face. e. the blame lies with him for all of the above. f. Had likely already been drinking which is also against the law and impaired his judgement to control himself.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

A man should never hit a woman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:I'd love to see you defend your case in court. "You honor, I only grabbed her and wouldn't let her go despite her verbal protests because she raised her fists at me."

http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/elements-of-assault.html

I think I would do more than fine actually. You can skew the wording in your favor all you want, the courts won't care. Law is Law.

But again, his response was disproportionate and excessive force changes a by the book self defense situation into a crime itself. They should both be charged imo.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Its really sad that everyone who is pointing out that the 6-3 230lb fb player started the violence when he forcefully grabbed her and refused to let go is being called a sjw.

They're social justice warriors because they're ignoring the law in favor of one party just because that party fits their criteria of "victimized" people lol

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Spambot

@buttersdaman000: Now you are just making up your own definition of what a sjw is. Saying the blame lies mostly with the fb player for what happened has absolutely nothing to do with saying women are always the victim or someone being a sjw. He

a. shouldn't have been at the bar in the first place since he isn't 21 yet(even if he is allowed inside he isn't allowed at the bar and most likely ordering alcohol since he felt the need to cut in line to get to a bartender) b. cut in line and accidently ran into her in the process c. laid his hands on her before she had touched him and refused to let go d. responded to her half hearted punch to have him release her by striking her with approx 50x the force and landing the punch directly on her face. e. the blame lies with him for all of the above. f. Had likely already been drinking which is also against the law and impaired his judgement.

to quote from my post above.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I actually agree with the punishment. He did grab her hand first which led to the woman throwing the first punch, and one might argue it was in self defense. The same can be said for Johnson. However the punch she threw seemed like mere child's play compared to the one she recieved by Johnson, which was a little too much.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@buttersdaman000: Now you are just making up your own definition of what a sjw is. Saying the blame lies mostly with the fb player for what happened has absolutely nothing to do with saying women are always the victim or someone being a sjw. He

a. shouldn't have been at the bar in the first place since he isn't 21 yet b. cut in line and accidently ran into her in the process of cutting c. laid his hands on her before she had touched him and refused to let go d. responded to her half hearted punch to have him release her by striking her with approx 50x the force and landing the punch directly on her face. e. the blame lies with him for all of the above. f. Had likely already been drinking which is also against the law and impaired his judgement.

to quote from my post above.

Lol no i'm not

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social+justice+warrior

They're saying that the football player shoulders all the blame because he hit a woman, while actively ignoring the fact that the woman was at fault first.

1. Besides the fact that his age is irrelevant, as long as you're 18, you can enter a bar. If you're trying to make a point about him being at the actual bar itself, prove to me he wasn't trying to get water. But again, his age is irrelevant.

2. It's a bar. A crowded bar at that. Any person in that bar accepts the risk of being bumped into and squeezed around. It's an unwritten rule. However, no one accepts b*tchy patrons elbowing, and pushing people out of the way as this girl did. She was at fault, not him.

3. She threatened him.......he had every right to grab her hand :/

4. Yeah, he's at fault there but only because he clearly used excessive force

5. Blame lies with both of them. Stop making excuses for her.

6. Really? Irrelevant to the video but i'd like some proof.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dum529001

@godzilla44 said:

Also as of now the woman is not facing any charges

Shocker!! Oh, wait...not really.

@ccraft said:

Really? I thought men hitting women was good{sarcasm}.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: You know how many morons say it's equality?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's lucky he only hit her once

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate women like that. The f*ck are you actually going to do? Don't raise your fist and expect a total stranger to not restrain you when you're threatening them. She assaulted him and he defended himself and left, he shouldn't be in any trouble.

@ccraft said:

What if 3 women tried to murder you? lets see if you abide by your rules then.

Btw I said 3 women because if I said 1 you'd say "oh, i'd just restrain her" like you have before.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Do you honestly think trying to fight 3 women with knifes is a good idea?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
@russellmania77 said:

Yup, I saw someone talking about excessive force LOL, he defended himself and left... no excessive force.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@ccraft said:

@thenaughtytitan: Do you honestly think trying to fight 3 women with knifes is a good idea?

Did I ever say they had knives? Lets say 2 women, actually how about 1. Actually how about 1 in a wheelchair, you and me both know most healthy women would give you a beating.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77 said:

Yup, I saw someone talking about excessive force LOL, he defended himself and left... no excessive force.

No, there was excessive force....Self-Defense includes conditions of proportional response...his punch was definitely unwarranted given the weak punch she threw. A punch from someone his size could even kill/seriously harm a man if it connects right so he definitely would've been better off slapping/shoving her ass imo. And before you say anything about the dangers of her punch, true, a woman can hurt a man just as bad if the punch connects right, but that's obviously not what happened :/

Voicesinmyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked like he was trying to get to the bar (even tho he is only 19) and was rubbing against her to do so(inadvertently probably)which is kinda rude. But she got hostile and aggresive pretty quick. From what i saw he was the first to make physical contact so technically he assaulted her first.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#68  Edited By BatWatch

@russellmania77 said:

I disagree. A weak punch from a slightly built woman is in no way comparable to a strong punch from an athletic male. If he were responding with proportionate force, I'd defend him. If she had posed some serious bodily threat, I'd defend him. However, she was no serious threat and he hit her way harder than she hit him. That's excessive force.

She did start the physical altercation by shoving him with her arm, however, so they are both at fault as far as I'm concerned.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:
@russellmania77 said:

No, there was excessive force....Self-Defense includes conditions of proportional response...his punch was definitely unwarranted given the weak punch she threw. A punch from someone his size could even kill/seriously harm a man if it connects right so he definitely would've been better off slapping/shoving her ass imo. And before you say anything about the dangers of her punch, true, a woman can hurt a man just as bad if the punch connects right, but that's obviously not what happened :/

Honestly it isn't excessive force IMO but it could be in court. But it isn't excessive force for the reasons you're saying. You shouldn't be comparing the punch she threw to his, that isn't self defense. A proportional response isn't giving back what you take, it's using the proper amount of force to stop the attack and honestly he could have either left or pushed her but the punch could be deemed excessive.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Spambot

@buttersdaman000: That isn't what happened. If that's how you want to view things then do so but he instigated nearly everything that happened including using overwhelming force when all that was required was releasing her hand and going to the back of the line which is where he should have been(except for the fact that its illegal for him to even be trying to order alcohol at a bar in the first place). She isn't completely blameless but he did not need to punch her out in order to diffuse the situation which he mostly caused in the first place. He just had to prove how big and bad he is by punching her out when all she was trying to do was get him away from her. We can let the courts decide what exactly he is guilty of and what his punishment should be. Generally when you find yourself being arrested and the other person has no charges against them its because you or whoever is in the wrong.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:
@thenaughtytitan said:
@russellmania77 said:

I disagree. A weak punch from a slightly built woman is in no way comparable to a strong punch from an athletic male. If he were responding with proportionate force, I'd defend him. If she had posed some serious bodily threat, I'd defend him. However, she was no serious threat and he hit her way harder than she hit him. That's excessive force.

She did start the physical altercation by shoving him with her arm, however, so they are both at fault as far as I'm concerned.

Already addressed this

Honestly it isn't excessive force IMO but it could be in court. But it isn't excessive force for the reasons you're saying. You shouldn't be comparing the punch she threw to his, that isn't self defense. A proportional response isn't giving back what you take, it's using the proper amount of force to stop the attack and honestly he could have either left or pushed her but the punch could be deemed excessive.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@voicesinmyhead said:

Looked like he was trying to get to the bar (even tho he is only 19) and was rubbing against her to do so(inadvertently probably)which is kinda rude. But she got hostile and aggresive pretty quick. From what i saw he was the first to make physical contact so technically he assaulted her first.

She threatened assault which warranted him stopping her from attacking him (the arm grab) so no, she started it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

@voicesinmyhead:

Actually, she was shoving him back with her left arm before he grabbed her. I missed it the first few times I watched too.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@thenaughtytitan said:
@russellmania77 said:

A proportional amount is basically just that actually. Yes, you are allowed to use the proper amount of force to stop an attack but it also must be proportional to the force you're being attacked with. It may be self defense in a general definition, but you can't stab someone in the shoulder for punching you in the face and that's essentially what he did here. He knows that punch didn't hurt him that much, so if he wanted to stop the attack properly, all he had to do is shove/slap or push her face away. He didn't have to deck her.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@saren said:

Disproportionate response.....I agree that if you want to go around hitting people, you shouldn't complain about getting hit in response, but his strike back was too much. You wouldn't break someone's knees with a crowbar if they shoved you aside in a queue. Book her for assault too if you want, but charging him and kicking off the team was well-deserved.

This.

You slap my forearm, I slam your head against a concrete wall. I can be a tiny adult and you a hulking monster, but it still puts me in the wrong.

I suspect there is something emotionally and mentally wrong with this young man. His response was demonstrably over the top and the video is evidence of this. As for her physically assaulting him, that can be argued in court as there is context missing here that witnesses can hopefully clear up.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thenaughtytitan said:
@russellmania77 said:

A proportional amount is basically just that actually. Yes, you are allowed to use the proper amount of force to stop an attack but it also must be proportional to the force you're being attacked with. It may be self defense in a general definition, but you can't stab someone in the shoulder for punching you in the face and that's essentially what he did here. He knows that punch didn't hurt him that much, so if he wanted to stop the attack properly, all he had to do is shove/slap or push her face away. He didn't have to deck her.

The way you were talking about it was basically an eye for an eye and proportional response first and foremost is doing what you need to do to get out of the situation and all he needed to do was walk away. The proportional response isn't matching what your attacker did exactly it's responding to what they did in the proper way to get out of the situation. Though if he did respond to it in an eye for an eye manner he wouldn't get charged with excessive force.

He didn't have to deck her but it was satisfying to watch, was it not? if he didn't she would just continue to act that way in life... he did her a favor IMO.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:
@saren said:

Disproportionate response.....I agree that if you want to go around hitting people, you shouldn't complain about getting hit in response, but his strike back was too much. You wouldn't break someone's knees with a crowbar if they shoved you aside in a queue. Book her for assault too if you want, but charging him and kicking off the team was well-deserved.

This.

You slap my forearm, I slam your head against a concrete wall. I can be a tiny adult and you a hulking monster, but it still puts me in the wrong.

I suspect there is something emotionally and mentally wrong with this young man. His response was demonstrably over the top and the video is evidence of this. As for her physically assaulting him, that can be argued in court as there is context missing here that witnesses can hopefully clear up.

Both of your analogies were far more severe than what happened in the video. Although it's disproportionate by most peoples standards I feel it was the correct amount of force to teach her a lesson. She won't be acting like that ever again. The guy did go too far but was it not satisfying to watch? Was for me :D

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: You are off base here. He did her a favour? Seriously? Pull back. You need some time to think this through.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@thenaughtytitan: You as so off base here. He did her a favour? Seriously? Pull back. You need some time to think this through.

Will she ever put herself in that position again? Nope...

Should have hit her harder and then broke both of her arms, that would teach her a lesson.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Your opinion is garbage to me on this. Our conversation is over.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@ms-lola said:

@thenaughtytitan: Your opinion is garbage to me on this. Our conversation is over.

That last part of my comment was purposefully obvious, too EZ to troll lola, step your game up.

Voicesinmyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: He was the first one to make physical contact.... So no he "started it". Also it looks like she told him the contact was unwanted before she raised her fist in the video at 0:07. Granted there is no audio so one can't say for certain. Guy shouldn't have tried to squeeze into a spot where there was no space. I will say women nowadays are WAY to comfortable threatening violence against men.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I grew up watching my mother beat on men, so I don't really have that whole "Never hit a lady" bullshit rattling around in my head. Sure she hit first, but he made physical contact first by grabbing her. I can only judge by what I can see, but I think I'm siding with whats-her-face.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't have hit her like that but she deserved it. Women seriously need to stop getting free passes on hitting men. Sure women are extremely weak, overly emotional, fragile and whiney but if you want to attack someone don't be suprised when you get shown you are not equal in that department. Stay in your paygrade.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: He was the first one to make physical contact.... So no he "started it". Also it looks like she told him the contact was unwanted before she raised her fist in the video at 0:07. Granted there is no audio so one can't say for certain. Guy shouldn't have tried to squeeze into a spot where there was no space. I will say women nowadays are WAY to comfortable threatening violence against men.

He accidentally bumped into her and she threatened him, which is my point. He was allowed to restrain her because she was threatening to harm him.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: God damn it. Why you have to prove what a bitch I can be? (raises fist...)

Voicesinmyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: He continued "accidentally bumping" into her after she said something to him at 0:07... Guy continued trying to manhandle his way into a place where there was no space.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: He continued "accidentally bumping" into her after she said something to him at 0:07... Guy continued trying to manhandle his way into a place where there was no space.

That doesn't mean she's allowed to threaten him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: But none of this woulda happened had she not punched him in the first place.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this started with an elbow and whatever was said between the 2. I bet she won't hit a man again lol.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: I hope I see you hit a girl because afterwards I will break both of your arms.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By Wolverine008

@ccraft said:

The world isn't black and white.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@thenaughtytitan: I hope I see you hit a girl because afterwards I will break both of your arms.

Welp I was walking down the street and I punched some little toddler on her bike, where were you?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ccraft said:

Nah.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What's with FSU quarterbacks? Kick the POS off the team, and let Auburn pick him. F*ck Auburn.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lunacyde  Moderator

@batwatch said:

Meh. Looks pretty mixed to me. I was siding with the girl since the guy was the first to make it a physical altercation by restraining her until I saw that she was using her left arm to shove him away. That means she started it.

At the same time, all she did was hold him back with an arm and "punch" him, and I'm being generous by calling that telegraphed, poorly formed, slow as molasses arm movement a punch whereas the guy actually let one rip on her.

Looks to me like the girl did a very minor assault and the guy used excessive force. Both of them acted immaturely. The girl appeared to get upset at him merely for bumping into her, and the guy should have used some restraint by walking away or restraining her non-violently.

Personally, I wouldn't want either of them associated with my school.

This.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#99  Edited By Straight-Fire  Online

*le sigh*

Here we go with this "never hit a girl" hogwash.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000 said:
@agent9149 said:

@risingbean: That's not how the law works. You don't get to assault someone because they held up their fist at you. AND AGAIN. You keep leaving out the part where he grabs her forcibly. He literally manhandles her and she responds to hitting him in defense. YOU IGNORE THAT PART.

1. A verbal confrontation occurs.

2. She puts her fist up.

3. He forcibly grabs her person.

4. She in response hits him while he still has her grip on her wrist.

5. He then decks her to the floor.

Malicious intent falls on the person who started the assault which was him when he grabbed her. He's at fault before the punches flew.

Do you know what assault is?? By putting her hands up in a threatening manner, she actually assaulted him first.......then she added battery to the list when she hit him soooooooo

You must be joking...

@buttersdaman000: "That being said, cool it with your social justice warrior, "women are always victims" schtick"

Lol. You seriously wrote that in a sentence. Yes. Say a woman had the right to defend her self after a man grabs her is me saying women are always victims. Yep. That man could do absolutely no wrong.

He's not joking.

The legal definition of assault is as follows....

"With the intent to cause physical injury, making another person reasonably apprehend an imminent harmful or offensive contact."

Threatening someone and making gestures to indicate intent to harm is assault. Actually striking someone is battery.