Not the 616 version !

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I know there's an alternate version who was with Wolverine, buy I don't know for sure about the main version. I think I heard that he is though.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't know if he is, but he probably should be given ancient Greek sexuality.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Not the 616 version !

yes. he had sex with Northstar.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Really ? Is that the gay dude from the x-men that got married yearly this year ?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but Loki is.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the 616 version !

Ummm... sorry to brake it to you but on the marvel database under bi characters it says... "Hercules (616)"

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Pretty sure he is

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By dernman

@kid_omega_prime said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Not the 616 version !

Ummm... sorry to brake it to you but on the marvel database under bi characters it says... "Hercules (616)"

Unless I'm wrong the database is just another wiki like this one so you can't bank on that. Nevertheless IIRC from what I read of 616 Hercules in comics it does appear that he is bisexual leaning more towards females.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, that Wolverine and Hercules thing was horrible.

I'm not against equality, it was just horrible and reaaalllly not needed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 vance_astro  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I know there's an alternate version who was with Wolverine, buy I don't know for sure about the main version. I think I heard that he is though.

No Caption Provided

I refuse to believe this is real....

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I think it was an X-Treme X-Men issue from a few months ago.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilvegeta74
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 vance_astro  Moderator
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PowerHerc

The 616 Hercules is not bi.

The whole Northstar thing (In 'Hercules: Fall of an Avenger) has been misconstrued as and cited as proof of Herc's bi-sexuality but the panel (which, incidentally, showed no interaction whatsoever between Hercules and Northstar) was obviously a joke. Marvel's 616 Hercules has never had any romantic or sexual relations with any male character, including Northstar.

There is an instance (in "Hercules: The New Labors" #1) when Hercules notices someone standing behind him in the men's room of a strip club, he says "Mortal . . .methinks I best tell you what I once told Alexander the Great himself: 'Your plight is both flattering and understandable. However . . . 'tis not happening.'" This on-panel interaction clearly proves Marvel's 616 Hercules is not and never has been (not even in ancient Greece) gay or bi-sexual. Stating that someone, in this case Hercules, could/should easily be considered bi-sexual because of his Greek origin/ethnicity is stereotyping, plain and simple.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole Northstar thing (In 'Hercules: Fall of an Avenger) has been misconstrued as and cited as proof of Herc's bi-sexuality but the panel (which, incidentally, showed no interaction whatsoever between Hercules and Northstar) was obviously a joke. Marvel's 616 Hercules has never had any romantic or sexual relations with any male character, including Northstar.

There is an instance (in "Hercules: The New Labors" #1) when Hercules notices someone standing behind him in the men's room of a strip club, he says "Mortal . . .methinks I best tell you what I once told Alexander the Great himself: 'Your plight is both flattering and understandable. However . . . 'tis not happening.'" This on-panel interaction clearly proves Marvel's 616 Hercules is not and never has been (not even in ancient Greece) gay or bi-sexual. Stating that someone, in this case Hercules, could/should easily be considered bi-sexual because of his Greek origin/ethnicity is stereotyping, plain and simple.

Thanks for clearing up this matter!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is an instance (in "Hercules: The New Labors" #1) when Hercules notices someone standing behind him in the men's room of a strip club, he says "Mortal . . .methinks I best tell you what I once told Alexander the Great himself: 'Your plight is both flattering and understandable. However . . . 'tis not happening.'"This on-panel interaction clearly proves Marvel's 616 Hercules is not and never has been (not even in ancient Greece) gay or bi-sexual. Stating that someone, in this case Hercules, could/should easily be considered bi-sexual because of his Greek origin/ethnicity is stereotyping, plain and simple.

How? Surely this only proves that he didn't do anything with Alexander The Great or the guy he was talking to.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@powerherc: Actually he was said to have a couple male lovers in the mythology but that was pretty much standard among the greek mythological stories due to a belief among the ancient greeks that women werent good for much aside from making babies and considered love between men to be more meaningful. The belief lingered around right up until the greeks became mostly christian

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

@joshmightbe said:

@powerherc: Actually he was said to have a couple male lovers in the mythology but that was pretty much standard among the greek mythological stories due to a belief among the ancient greeks that women werent good for much aside from making babies and considered love between men to be more meaningful. The belief lingered around right up until the greeks became mostly christian

Yes, I realize this.

However, while what happened for Hercules in classical mythology and what has happened for Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe is very similar there are some key differences. One difference is that in 616 Marvel, Hercules didn't clean the Augean Stables; the Eternal known as Gilgamesh/the Forgotten One did. Another difference is the fact that in Classical Greek Myth Hercules had been driven mad by Hera when he killed his first wife and their children while in the Marvel Universe he has admitted he did so in a fit of rage unrelated to Hera.

It's true that most of Marvel 616 Herc's life story closely parallels that of the Hercules of classic myth (a lot of classical Hercules' deeds and feats have become canonical in the 616 Marvel Universe over the years, especially in the "Incredible Hercules" series) but there have been enough differences between the two versions to make it clear that Marvel's version isn't an exact copy of the classical version and therefore isn't automatically bi-sexual.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@powerherc: You're like a Hercules encyclopedia in itself

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah! Thanks!

I've been a mythology enthusiast for about 35 years and I've been a fan of Hercules since then.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

Hah! Thanks!

I've been a mythology enthusiast for about 35 years and I've been a fan of Hercules since then.

No prob :)

You're arguably the best Hercules fan in existence!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

Hah! Thanks!

I thank you kindly.

I like to think I'm definitely in the running for "Best Hercules Fan in Existence." Lol! :D

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

Hah! Thanks!

I thank you kindly.

I like to think I'm definitely in the running for "Best Hercules Fan in Existence." Lol! :D

You're welcome :)

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

However, while what happened for Hercules in classical mythology and what has happened for Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe is very similar there are some key differences. One difference is that in 616 Marvel, Hercules didn't clean the Augean Stables; the Eternal known as Gilgamesh/the Forgotten One did. Another difference is the fact that in Classical Greek Myth Hercules had been driven mad by Hera when he killed his first wife and their children while in the Marvel Universe he has admitted he did so in a fit of rage unrelated to Hera.

Earlier, in New Labors of Hercules Hera admitted to having caused Hercules's madness the night he murdered his family. The claim of being solely responsible for the death of his family comes from an obscure play where he did the labors first and not the more popular story. Hercules originally handwaved the contradiction. One way I think to reconcile the two is that both in a sense are true. Hera was the one who caused Hercules's madness. But Herc has always been one to accept responsibility and punishment for his actions even when they might be excuse or pardoned. In ancient Greek thought whether or not the gods were responsible is partly irrelevant. Whether an act was clean or unclean was more important. An accidental death would still require a cleansing ceremony to rid the area of spiritual pollution. Hercules would still be tainted by the murders of his family by his own hand. The 12 labors were in a way both punishment and a form of spiritual cleansing. Similar to yet different from the idea of sin. Hercules would still accept responsibility for their deaths. He might honestly think he alone was to blame since he was known for his fits of rage and was drunk that night. He might figure that it does not matter. He was out drinking and fornicating when he should have been home. Maybe he figures he should have done something to try and make peace with Hera sooner. Maybe he thinks that he was poor husband in general and the labors were punishment for that. Maybe he thinks he committed some offense against the Olympians and his family's death was punishment for that. There are a lot of ways to spin this in a way where Hera is to blame, but Hercules would bear or at least thinks he would bear some degree of responsibility.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By BR_Havoc

He might be since he is a God and many Greek Gods did not really believe in labeling sexuality you screw what and who you want and do not think twice (Look at the first born its implied he had sex with a hyena). Then again looks like @powerherc has found proof that he is not.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

No Caption Provided

I refuse to believe this is real....

Saddly it is this is on Earth - TRN208

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so your saying 616 herc is deffenity not bi and the northstar thing was a gag. Ok then I like to ask this then dude if it was a gag then how come northstar was imbarasted when snowbird said he should be up there with the other ladies ? Oh I also got a idea. dose anybody know how to contact stan lee or jack kurby ? there the ones that chreated herc so it would be logical to ask them ?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

Ok so your saying 616 herc is deffenity not bi and the northstar thing was a gag. Ok then I like to ask this then dude if it was a gag then how come northstar was imbarasted when snowbird said he should be up there with the other ladies ? Oh I also got a idea. dose anybody know how to contact stan lee or jack kurby ? there the ones that chreated herc so it would be logical to ask them ?

PowerHerc is as close as you will get to Stan and Jack in terms of Hercules trivia, it doesn't get any better than him here! You still don't seem convinced, perhaps you should read through the post by PowerHerc for a better understanding.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PowerHerc

@kid_omega_prime:

Snowbird didn't say Northstar should be up there with her and the other ladies, she said she knew there are others who should be up there with them. She didn't mention Northstar or anyone else. The next panel showed Northstar abruptly leaving - that's the gag. Some people take this panel to mean there was something between Herc and Northstar, but that's just an assumption. It's just as reasonable to assume Northstar had a unrequited crush on Herc and nothing ever happened between them especially since there isn't any on-panel showings of any relationship between them.

As for asking Stan and Jack; Stan hasn't written the character in over 40 years and there have been several other creators who would have more history with Hercules and thus have more of a say in what he has/would or hasn't wouldn't do. Jack Kirby died in 1994 so there is no way to know his thoughts on the matter.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Veshark

Whoa, hol' up

Widow's bi?

Edit: Just checked. I think they meant the Golden Age Black Widow, who was implied to be bisexual in The Twelve miniseries.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

If @powerherc says 616 Hercules isn't bi then there's a very strong chance he knows what he's talking about being a mythology and Marvel Hercules fan. So yeah that should be the end of it.

On another note, Widow's bi?!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Natasha has had quite a few lovers in the Marvel Universe including Hawkeye, Daredevil, Hercules, Bucky Barnes and the original Red Guardian (her husband) but as far as I know she hasn't had any female lovers yet.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Natasha has had quite a few lovers in the Marvel Universe including Hawkeye, Daredevil, Hercules, Bucky Barnes and the original Red Guardian (her husband) but as far as I know she hasn't had any female lovers yet.

I hadn't heard of any female lovers for Widow either. Don't know why she's up there as being bi.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for posting this Powerherc. you have made my day so far. : )

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

Thanks for posting this Powerherc. you have made my day so far. : )

You're quite welcome. :D

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@powerherc said:

@lvenger said:

I hadn't heard of any female lovers for Widow either. Don't know why she's up there as being bi.

wrong Black Widow. the one that the list refers too was the satanic golden age Black Widow.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime:

Snowbird didn't say Northstar should be up there with her and the other ladies, she said she knew there are others who should be up there with them. She didn't mention Northstar or anyone else. The next panel showed Northstar abruptly leaving - that's the gag. Some people take this panel to mean there was something between Herc and Northstar, but that's just an assumption. It's just as reasonable to assume Northstar had a unrequited crush on Herc and nothing ever happened between them especially since there isn't any on-panel showings of any relationship between them.

As for asking Stan and Jack; Stan hasn't written the character in over 40 years and there have been several other creators who would have more history with Hercules and thus have more of a say in what he has/would or hasn't wouldn't do. Jack Kirby died in 1994 so there is no way to know his thoughts on the matter.

well thanks again dude your awesome. by the way how did you get to be such a expert on marvel Hercules anyway ? your info is amazing.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@powerherc said:

@lvenger said:

wrong Black Widow. the one that the list refers too was the satanic golden age Black Widow.

well on the list it says... Natalia Romanova (Earth-616), Elizabeth Braddock (Earth-616), Heather Douglas (Earth-616), Marlo Chandler (Earth-616), Charlie Cluster-7 (Cluster) (Earth-616), Jennifer Kale (Earth-616) and others.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@lvenger said:

@powerherc said:

@lvenger said:

well on the list it says... Natalia Romanova (Earth-616), Elizabeth Braddock (Earth-616), Heather Douglas (Earth-616), Marlo Chandler (Earth-616), Charlie Cluster-7 (Cluster) (Earth-616), Jennifer Kale (Earth-616) and others.

Marvel wikia is fan edited and subject to error. as someone on this thread pointed out, the golden age version was implied bisexual but theres never been any mention of Natasha being bi.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

@kid_omega_prime:

well thanks again dude your awesome. by the way how did you get to be such a expert on marvel Hercules anyway ? your info is amazing.

Marvel Hercules has been my favorite superhero for over 30 years and in that time I've attained, read and collected nearly every comic appearance of the character and most Hercules merchandise, too.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

He can't keep it in his pants, but that's only when it comes to women. However there is a gay version Hercules, he banged wolverine or something like that.

My life will never be the same after I read your post lol.