Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@kid_omega_prime said:

@powerherc said:

@kid_omega_prime:

Snowbird didn't say Northstar should be up there with her and the other ladies, she said she knew there are others who should be up there with them. She didn't mention Northstar or anyone else. The next panel showed Northstar abruptly leaving - that's the gag. Some people take this panel to mean there was something between Herc and Northstar, but that's just an assumption. It's just as reasonable to assume Northstar had a unrequited crush on Herc and nothing ever happened between them especially since there isn't any on-panel showings of any relationship between them.

As for asking Stan and Jack; Stan hasn't written the character in over 40 years and there have been several other creators who would have more history with Hercules and thus have more of a say in what he has/would or hasn't wouldn't do. Jack Kirby died in 1994 so there is no way to know his thoughts on the matter.

well thanks again dude your awesome. by the way how did you get to be such a expert on marvel Hercules anyway ? your info is amazing.

Marvel Hercules has been my favorite superhero for over 30 years and in that time I've attained, read and collected nearly every comic appearance of the character and most Hercules merchandise, too.

No Caption Provided

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kid_omega_prime:
In Hercules: Fall of an Avenger, it's hinted that Hercules is bi-sexual.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull said:
Nope.

He can't keep it in his pants, but that's only when it comes to women. However there is a gay version Hercules, he banged wolverine or something like that.

My life will never be the same after I read your post lol.

lol

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i hope not.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Wow, pepole get really nervous when they bring up the idea that there character might be gay

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, pepole get really nervous when they bring up the idea that there character might be gay

I know. It's kind of sad.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I know. It's kind of sad.

very

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a massive Marvel Herc fan he's my favourite fictional character and I do see the Northstar scene as a hint by the writers as well as a joke. In myth he was bisexual and as far as I'm concerned I'm going with the myths until marvel says differently.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

I'm a massive Marvel Herc fan he's my favourite fictional character and I do see the Northstar scene as a hint by the writers as well as a joke. In myth he was bisexual and as far as I'm concerned I'm going with the myths until marvel says differently.

You go by what @powerherc say.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: why? I'm aware he is too a fan of Hercules but it doesn't mean his opinion is always right.

If a character has shown no interest in either male or female counterparts what is one to assume, I don't believe general assumption should be everyone is straight unless stated otherwise and no statement by Hercules or any writers have said he's not bisexual it is in equal reasoning to accept that he is.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bigcimmerian

@westy206 said:

@bigcimmerian: why? I'm aware he is too a fan of Hercules but it doesn't mean his opinion is always right.

If a character has shown no interest in either male or female counterparts what is one to assume, I don't believe general assumption should be everyone is straight unless stated otherwise and no statement by Hercules or any writers have said he's not bisexual it is in equal reasoning to accept that he is.

Maybe this scan shows something.

No Caption Provided

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: this scan is even more vague than the Northstar panel.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

This thread again.... Thought it didn't need further discussion

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PowerHerc

@bigcimmerian said:

@westy206 said:

Maybe this scan shows something.

No Caption Provided

This.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By westy206
No Caption Provided

this

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No, this.

Avatar image for babiesatemydingo
BabiesAteMyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's Hercules is bisexual and has slept with Northstar. Greg Pak (co-writer of Hercules: Fall of an Avenger) confirmed this on his Tumblr. Link: http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/66247215614/in-hercules-fall-of-an-avenger-its-implied-that

No Caption Provided

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's Hercules is bisexual and has slept with Northstar. Greg Pak (co-writer of Hercules: Fall of an Avenger) confirmed this on his Tumblr. Link: http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/66247215614/in-hercules-fall-of-an-avenger-its-implied-that

No Caption Provided

this

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MatteoPG

No Caption Provided

I guess that settles it.

I still don't see any problem with the character being by, though.

Avatar image for kamenriderhellhound
KamenRiderHellhound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For proof that Psylocke MAY just now be Bisexual: http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-17-at-7.21.10-PM.png?9098e0 ... also proof that Charlie Cluster-7 is bi.

Heather Douglas (Earth-616)... she was DATING Marlo Chandler (Earth-616) for awhile in the comics... remember.

NOT SURE about Jennifer Kale (Earth-616) as I can't really find any really GOOD info on her being Bi.

Avatar image for kamenriderhellhound
KamenRiderHellhound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really sure about Yukio being Bi.. I could've missed something but I don't remember her dating another woman... though I could've missed something or something that was hinted at in the comics... though I really don't think that's true.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Aman powerherc. Oh buy the way 616 Hercules is still on the bi list :(

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Pack confirmed over Tumblr or something that he wrote Hercules as bi and that he did the deed with Northstar.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:

Darn now I'm going to half to remove herc from my hero list :( well I guess I chould replace him with Zeus... Well maybe.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:

Darn now I'm going to half to remove herc from my hero list :( well I guess I chould replace him with Zeus... Well maybe.

You're removing a guy who is bisexual from your hero list but your adding someone who has had sex with animals and family, what is wrong with you?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient Romans were "as long as I can fit into something"-sexual

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Wait what Zeus been with animals ? When ? I know he turned into animals sometimes to sudduse weman but I did not know that... Darn.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Spidey_Jackson
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So just because herc has been with one guy in what 3000 year that makes him bi ? Ever thought maybe northstar drugged him ? I mean Thor was taking advantage of so who's to say herc couldn't be ether ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found this at http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/97183963.html

Also, a lot of fans have been curious if the character's sexuality -- it's been strongly suggested Hercules is bisexual, and in "X-Treme X-Men" an alternate Hercules was in a relationship with Wolverine -- will play a part in the series. Is there any insight you can provide at this point?

Alonso: Hercules and James Howlett's relationship in "X-Treme X-Men" took place in a unique alternate universe, similar to how Colossus was gay in the Ultimate Universe, but is straight in the 616. Same goes for Hercules here.

[Editor's note: Marvel declined a follow-up question on this subject.]

Though the Hercules in X-Treme X-Men was from an alternate universe, it has also been recently implied that the main Marvel Universe's Hercules' sexual partners weren't limited to just women either.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/97183963.html#ixzz3iZ6QWUvN

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. He has played tummy sticks.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deviousbastard: @truth_teller:

@bflynn316: I know but someone said that he was bi becuse he was with northstar. Then someone said that was just a joke snowbird said then someone write to the writer that did the issues and the writer said herc and northstar did do it. So I starting looking up different sites then I found this little number. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/marvels-diversity-problem-continues-as-once-bisexual-character-hercules-confirmed-straight-10435249.html

Marvel's diversity problem continues as once bisexual character Hercules confirmed straight.

Marvel’s universe has often been criticised for portraying its heroes primarily as straight, white men.

When they do change a characters it often causes controversy – for instance when they decided to make Thor a women and Iceman gay – and they’ve done it again by making the once bisexual character, Hercules, a heterosexual.

Throughout the comic book series “X-Treme X-Men”, based in alternative Marvel universe, the character has a relationship with Wolverine.

Then, in the mainstream Marvel during in Hercules: Fall of an Avenger #1, it is strongly implied he had a relationship with Northstar, an openly gay character. Hercules is also listed on Marvel Wiki's Bisexual Characters list.

Observers wondered if his open sexuality would continue in the new Hercules series, but Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso told CBR that he will definitely be “straight” in the future.

"Hercules and James Howlett’s relationship in 'X-Treme X-Men' took place in a unique alternate universe, similar to how Colossus was gay in the Ultimate Universe, but is straight in the 616. Same goes for Hercules here."

Fans have been quick to point out that Hercules being bisexual was a very natural progression for the character, especially considering he is inspired by Greek Mythology, where Hercules was bisexual.

READ MORE: ORIGINAL X-MEN CHARACTER ICEMAN OUTED AS GAY

MARVEL BRANDED 'SEXIST AND AGEIST' FOR CASTING MARISA TOMEI AS AUNT MAY

Elsewhere in the interview, Alonso celebrated diversity in the staff behind the Marvel comic books: “We are always looking for the best new talent — male, female, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Straight, Gay.

“We are experiencing a lull in African-American writers at this moment, but it is temporary. We will be announcing new series very soon that will prove that. I’m talking about new voices, familiar voices and one writer whose voice is heard round the world.”

CBR noted that they had further questioned Marvel over Hercules but they refused to comment. We have also reached out for comment but are yet to get a response.

Ok so if herc is confirmed to be straight then how do you explain him and northstar ? Please help.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bigcimmerian

@kid_omega_prime: Why do you need more diversity? We have plenty of black, gay, female and every other ''difference'' in comics.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonus question: I know this has nothing to do with Hercules but I got to ask. I thought john Constantine was bi but I looked up the bi characters list on DC database and only the vertigo Constantine was list ? So what gives ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: ummm... That is a good question. But earth one, new earth, vertigo and prime earth Constantine are all bi.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: I know I just wondered why the others weren't listed only the vertigo one was list ? And they still haven't removed Hercules from marvels bi list ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok I know people really get tried of me keep bring this one up but is marvel herules bi or straight ? some sites say he is bi others say he is straight even thought the greeks were considered bi.

in a recent interview with CBR Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso suggested the character would be straight in an upcoming iteration.

‘Hercules and James Howlett’s relationship in ‘X-Treme X-Men’ took place in a unique alternate universe, similar to how Colossus was gay in the Ultimate Universe, but is straight in the 616. Same goes for Hercules here,’ he said.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I saw that to. Maybe the writers can't makeup there minds ?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really don't think it matters in the slightest

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

found this...

Alonso: Hercules and James Howlett's relationship in "X-Treme X-Men" took place in a unique alternate universe, similar to how Colossus was gay in the Ultimate Universe, but is straight in the 616. Same goes for Hercules here.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well the 616 herc dose differ from our herc. for example in the orignal legend he killed king Diomedes but feeding him to his man-eating horses but in marvel's vertion he Taming the man-eating Mares of King Diomedes. also in the orignal he killed hippolyta after taking her belt but in marvel he Obtaining the Girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons - while romancing Hippolyta. so just becuse he might be bi in the orignal dose not mean he is bi in marvel.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

well the 616 herc dose differ from our herc. for example in the orignal legend he killed king Diomedes but feeding him to his man-eating horses but in marvel's vertion he Taming the man-eating Mares of King Diomedes. also in the orignal he killed hippolyta after taking her belt but in marvel he Obtaining the Girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons - while romancing Hippolyta. so just becuse he might be bi in the orignal dose not mean he is bi in marvel.

yeah that is a good point.