judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

Unlike some filmmakers we could mention *cough*nolanandabrams*cough*, Joss Whedon is willing to just drop something pretty big and interesting about a project that isn’t due to hit theaters for two years yet. I’m not saying there isn’t room for more than one way to talk about your movie while it’s in production, I’m just saying…

I’m just saying it’s exciting to hear that we’re getting at least two female superheroes in The Avengers 2.

Whedon was asked whether some offhand statements made by him and Kevin Feige meant that the mutant twins and long standing members of The Avengers would be joining the team and instead of getting cagey like any other self-respecting Hollywood player usually does, he just started running his mouth about why he put them in:

You know, they had a rough beginning. They’re interesting to me because they sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier. I’m not putting any characters in the movie that will make things easier.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver’s characters would eventually have been confirmed by casting (unless, you know, they were the villains in a J.J. Abrams movie), but it’s still nice to get the straight story in Whedon’s own words. (from MarySue.COM)

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Cool! I'm more excited about Scarlet Witch than Quicksilver. I've never found him that interesting. But this movie could change that for me!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

*Squeezles* YES! This will finally restore Quicksilver to his 80's glory and he will being in a comic every month! :D

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Yaaay! :D

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more excited for scarlet witch than quicksilver. With scarlet witch joining maybe there's hope for the vision to join. Not as excited for quicksilver though, he's got a huge ego which is why I could never like him. and was a nuisance to the inhumans...

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I have to say about this is...

No Caption Provided

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

thats good news

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But they won't be able to use there mutant or magneto origins which takes alot from there background too be honest :/

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Perfect, The Avengers needs more down to earth I think, if magic is down to earth

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By comicace3

Hmmm...Cool

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

*Squeezles* YES! This will finally restore Quicksilver to his 80's glory and he will being in a comic every month! :D

Please. We all know everyone will see him as a Flash rip-off.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I hate this

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@awesam said:
@teerack said:

Please. We all know everyone will see him as a Flash rip-off.

You forget how ignorant most people that see the movie will be. If Avengers 2 comes out before they made a Flash movie or successful tv show most people will probably call the Flash a Quicksilver rip off :P

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AweSam

@teerack: Forgetting the Justice League TV show. I remember when everyone was wondering why Green Lantern was white in the movie.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teerack

@awesam said:

@teerack: Forgetting the Justice League TV show. I remember when everyone was wondering why Green Lantern was white in the movie.

Eh that's more or less mostly boys born from 1985-1995

For example my older sister(24), my dad (60), my mom(50), and my littler sister(10) couldn't tell you who flash is if I asked them right, only my younger brother(13) would be able to because he like what ever I like.(I'm 23 btw)

And my whole family has seen all of the marvel super hero movies(not together :P) and I know with the exception of Spider-Man or Hulk none of them knew any of the characters in Avengers before seeing the marvel movies.(and their knowledge of Hulk and Spider-man was very basic)

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now watch Avengers 3 have Nova and Ms. Marvel, AND come out before Justice League. In the non comic readers eye, they'll have ensured at least half the roster for Justice League is called a rip off of Avengers.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Yeah, I suppose a lot of people would really only know as much as they see in the movies. The Spider-man and Hulk movies were well-known. Now the Avengers. Obviously Superman and Batman on the DC side. I know a lot of people who don't know anything about comics, yet know the Flash to a degree. Mostly just his name and that he's fast. If people start thinking Flash is a rip-off of Quicksilver, then I'm going to go insane.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@teerack: Yeah, I suppose a lot of people would really only know as much as they see in the movies. The Spider-man and Hulk movies were well-known. Now the Avengers. Obviously Superman and Batman on the DC side. I know a lot of people who don't know anything about comics, yet know the Flash to a degree. Mostly just his name and that he's fast. If people start thinking Flash is a rip-off of Quicksilver, then I'm going to go insane.

DC deserves it because everyone calls Namor an Aquaman rip off!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I don't care who actually came first! Aquaman will always be the original to me!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@teerack: I don't care who actually came first! Aquaman will always be the original to me!

Just like Quicksilver.

No Caption Provided

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Havenless

There is speculation that they'll be results of the terrigan mists. It's been said for quite some time Marvel is planning an Inhumans movies, and they would approach it as their version of the X-Men (an outcast team). So it would make sense to fit those two in that storyline and keep the atmosphere around the characters the same.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AweSam
@teerack said:

@awesam said:

Just like Quicksilver.

No Caption Provided

Touche...

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wonder how they will use them because they can't be mutants. (due to legal rights)