(Man of Steel) Superman vs (Movie) Thor

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batman242: I have watched that movie twice and superman was getting wrecked threw that entire movie I mean they didn't draw blood but dude he was barley a match for them and ok thor may have struggled against the SHEILD agents but I mean he was HUMAN and SHEILD agents are no joke either so it's not like he has his powers I mean superman was getting tossed around and was barley a match for superman

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZF31YhXYg really looks like superman is a good fighter let alone a capable one at that -_-

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By MethoKi

@shatiquego582: I have the movie on my laptop so you have no need to send me a link to the fight. Thanks, though.

I have no idea why you're trying to lowball Superman. Faora especially in that film showed to be very well trained and fast in combat. And you have to add in the fact that she had help from Nam-Ek who is arguably just as good as her. Superman being able to stalemate them was better than Thor has done in his solo film and The Avengers combined. Who did Thor beat that was noteworthy? Destroyer. That's it.

"SHIELD agents are no joke either"...... So you're going to base your argument that Thor is better than Superman in combat based on him beating basic fodder agents? You should try again

Thor stalemated Hulk and MoS Supes would arguably beat Hulk along with the rest of the movie Avengers.

When Superman fought Zod he was using some good combat speed and didn't show not once to get hurt;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRVDqCxPOys

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: dude I have the movie on my ipad so you don't have to send me the link but thank you I enjoy that fight but back to the topic at hand. I am not trying to lowball superman ( I love me some superman :) ) but here's the thing superman didn't really stale mate them till he stalemated Nam Ek not Faora and Nam is no where here Faora skill level cause when ever he tried to fight her she would destroy him and by no mean am I saying the that the SHEILD agents were a good feat but I'm saying that they aren't any push overs also for thor to defeat the destroyer something which is stated to be indestructible and unbeatable says a lot it really does

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel is better in all. Cavill IS Superman. In the movies Thor is Hemsworth. Thor just hasn't been done right in the big screen.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By lethalsmash

@batman242: nam-ek is exactly like hulk and beat superman to a pulp! Don't say it was a stalemate darn it! Just because superman didn't die doesn't mean he stalemated them it means he survived against them! They could have killed him if they countinued to pound on him when he was knocked out lying in the street. And you have the movie watch it, do you really think superman was holding his own or something? He got like 2 punches of on faora after getting wailed on by her for a few minutes.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And superman fans need to stop using the Thor vs hulk fight to try to help their point because it's not helping. Thor and hulk were exchanging punches and as far as I can tell 75% of the time is a stalemate with Thor without his hammer and 25% of the time is Thor smashing hulk with his hammer once he gets it, and hulk is completely enraged and Thor is just looking at him in awe and excitement, he isn't going full speed because he doesn't want to kill him. That was just a straight up wrestling/boxing match, Thor didn't even use his hammers full potential except to swing at him once and smash him through an airplane, the fight looked very very similar to the one with superman vs faora and most of the time superman was losing.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#109  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lethalsmash said:

@batman242: nam-ek is exactly like hulk and beat superman to a pulp! Don't say it was a stalemate darn it! Just because superman didn't die doesn't mean he stalemated them it means he survived against them! They could have killed him if they countinued to pound on him when he was knocked out lying in the street. And you have the movie watch it, do you really think superman was holding his own or something? He got like 2 punches of on faora after getting wailed on by her for a few minutes.

Completely irrelevant. Superman has no fighting experience when he first starts fighting. But he rapidly improves throughout that fight and by the time he is fighting Zod (Krypton's greatest warrior) he's fighting equal with him. Considering it was 2v1 (and MoS Kyrptonians are ridiculously powerful) it was a pretty good job that he managed to BFR Nam-Ek and destroy Faora's mask and make her get sensory overload.

By the time the movie ends he a way better fighter than when he first starts fighting. Prior to that he hadn't had any fighting experience whatsoever, why wouldn't the Kryptonians who were life-long soldiers get the better of him initially?

@lethalsmash said:

And superman fans need to stop using the Thor vs hulk fight to try to help their point because it's not helping. Thor and hulk were exchanging punches and as far as I can tell 75% of the time is a stalemate with Thor without his hammer and 25% of the time is Thor smashing hulk with his hammer once he gets it, and hulk is completely enraged and Thor is just looking at him in awe and excitement, he isn't going full speed because he doesn't want to kill him. That was just a straight up wrestling/boxing match, Thor didn't even use his hammers full potential except to swing at him once and smash him through an airplane, the fight looked very very similar to the one with superman vs faora and most of the time superman was losing.

No it didn't. Thor and Hulk have shown nothing speed wise to show that they could even register the Kryptonian's movements. Faora blitz'd about 12 soldiers in a couple seconds, and Superman and Zod flew up into the atmosphere and back down again in about 15 or 20 seconds all while exchanging blows and crashing through buildings and such.

CapRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By CapRay

1. Superman- His speed would prove too much for Thor and he has shown strength feats that put him on top of Thor. Thor was losing to Hulk during their fight in Avengers, and Superman's strength (I believe) has been shown to be stronger than Hulk's, therefore Thor would be fighting someone whose powers beat anything of Hulk's plus a lot of other powers.

2. Superman- Beat the world gravity machine (don't remember what it's called, I only watched the movie once and that was along time ago.) Thor hasn't demonstrated much strength feats.

3. Superman- Okay, I'm starting to look like a Superman Fanboy, but in truth, I'm not, I prefer Thor over Superman, but Thor hasn't really demonstrated much abilities in the movie, I believe that the movie made him out to be even weaker than Hulk. And Superman demonstrated a lot of amazing powers such as powerful Heat Vision and invulnerability.

4. Superman- I just felt that Superman's character was more believable thanks to the actor.

And one reason I allowed for people adding more topics to it was because I felt from the beginning that the questions I asked were spite, but I couldn't think of any decent questions so yeah, add more questions to this thread and highlight it.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MethoKi

@shatiquego582:

@lethalsmash said:

Completely irrelevant. Superman has no fighting experience when he first starts fighting. But he rapidly improves throughout that fight and by the time he is fighting Zod (Krypton's greatest warrior) he's fighting equal with him. Considering it was 2v1 (and MoS Kyrptonians are ridiculously powerful) it was a pretty good job that he managed to BFR Nam-Ek and destroy Faora's mask and make her get sensory overload.

By the time the movie ends he a way better fighter than when he first starts fighting. Prior to that he hadn't had any fighting experience whatsoever, why wouldn't the Kryptonians who were life-long soldiers get the better of him initially?

@lethalsmash said:

No it didn't. Thor and Hulk have shown nothing speed wise to show that they could even register the Kryptonian's movements. Faora blitz'd about 12 soldiers in a couple seconds, and Superman and Zod flew up into the atmosphere and back down again in about 15 or 20 seconds all while exchanging blows and crashing through buildings and such.

This.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman

Superman

Thor, seeing as how mjolnir leveled the environment in his movie.

Right now with MoS being so popular, people will say Cavill was better than Hemsworth, but he wasn't. Chris is more Thor than Henry is Superman. Seriously, one of his lines was: "You're a monster, Zod. And I'm gonna stop you." That's not something Superman would say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man of Steel is better in all. Cavill IS Superman. In the movies Thor is Hemsworth. Thor just hasn't been done right in the big screen.

No he isn't. Christopher Reeve is Superman. Once the MoS fanboyism dies down, people will see that Cavill didn't really do an exceptional job.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: This isn't about Reeve. He is DEAD!!! He portrayed the character 30 + yrs ago!! nerds like you can't move on... That isn't Cavill's fault. Today Henry is the big screen's Superman and he did great with the role.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 X_insignia1  Online

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

Right now with MoS being so popular, people will say Cavill was better than Hemsworth, but he wasn't. Chris is more Thor than Henry is Superman. Seriously, one of his lines was: "You're a monster, Zod. And I'm gonna stop you." That's not something Superman would say.

You have to take in account that "environment" was made of ice, rather than legit concrete, or rocks or more durable substances. I would say ice is overall less durable than stone/concrete.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: oh ok well superman only stalemated Zod due to the fact he has more experience with his powers while zod wasn't kryptons best warrior due to Jor-El besting him on krypton also he was just a high ranking general also superman only looked like he was better fighter due to him using his powers and his fighting talent in sync due to him realizing he can't best them in a all out brawl

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: oh ok well superman only stalemated Zod due to the fact he has more experience with his powers while zod wasn't kryptons best warrior due to Jor-El besting him on krypton also he was just a high ranking general also superman only looked like he was better fighter due to him using his powers and his fighting talent in sync due to him realizing he can't best them in a all out brawl

You replied to yourself.

1. Superman didn't stalemate Zod. What movie did you watch? He didn't stalemate him in either encounter. The first encounter, Superman blitzed him and caused him to have a sensory overload. The second encounter..... well, do I even have to say?

2. In Superman's fight with Faora and Nam-Ek, he slowly got the upper hand. He was able to BFR Nam for a moment and blitzed Faora causing her to have a sensory overload, although it was a surprise attack.

Superman showed progress in combat. The fact that he was able to take on two Kryptonians who were almost at his level of power coupled with their better fighting skills, and was able to get an upper hand shows the said progress. His fight was Zod is what really showed the progress. Earlier, he wasn't able to react to their level of speed or couldn't take much hits without having to take a breather, but later, he was reacting faster and handling things dished out at him much easier.

In his fight with Thor, Thor isn't fast enough to give him a true challenge. On paper Thor might be better in combat, but there's no feats to prove such claims. Superman blitzed Thor and snaps his neck.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: superman doesn't kill and the first fight was a stalemate due to the fact superman had to resort to breaking his neck due to the fact and also superman didn't gain the upper hand cause the fight ended with Nam Ek hitting superman with a train and taking Faora back to the ship cause of her sensory overload and her passing out and superman fighting skills did get better threw out the movie but not enough to stalemate Zod but not enough to best him

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: Your argument is all over the place and not making sense. You say the first fight, which is Supes against Faora and Nam-Ek, ended in a stalemate due to him snapping his neck. He snapped Zod's neck.

Instead of trying to lowball everything Superman did, why don't you just present what Thor did?

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

You have to take in account that "environment" was made of ice, rather than legit concrete, or rocks or more durable substances. I would say ice is overall less durable than stone/concrete.

What does that have to do with anything? Ice is still pretty damn durable and tough, tough enough to sink the Titanic. Besides that planet is a combination of rock and ice...

Just out of curiousity how can Superman speed blitz Thor, he was shown to be no slouch in the fighting department and even speed. He did after all speed blitz the Hulk on the Helicarrier, go check the film again. It was just before Hulk was about to lay the hand on Black Widow, Thor came blitzing in there and took hulk with him into the cargo area. No...Thor did NOT have Mjolnir with him at that point so it's pointless to say that he flew in, unless you guys want to suggest that Thor can fly without Mjolnir.

Why does the entire Frost Giant fight get discounted as mere "Fodder", the Frost Giants are no "fodder" as they were a tought enemy for the Asgardians to take on(Refer to start of Film). Thor showed great combat speed and effectiveness when he fought the frost Giants. He was vastly out numbered with the giants all running at him at the same time(Not taking turns to fight him one at a time) and he still managed to keep them all at bay, only when he saw during all that chaos that he is getting "hopelessly" outnumber did he call down a lightning attack the levelled that area. During that whole scen thor was only struck by one frost giant right after he asked Laufey to at least make it a challenge for him, even then that Frost Giant lasted all but 1 shot(Mjolnir to the skull) from Thor.

Why try and lowball Thor in order to improve superman's effectiveness? It can just as easily be turned around against Superman as well. I mean the guy struggled with a small tower on an oil platform, when it collapsed he was for all intents and purposes technically knocked out(TKO) he was going down in the water dazed and out of it getting flashes from his childhood. He was also shown to be slow and couldn't even fly in order to make it to HIS home for some clothes, he resorted to petty theft by stealing clothes off of a clothing line.

Superman only started shining when he put on his suit, which is funny...because in Smallville they also showed him only becoming who he was supposed to be the moment he put on his suit. Is his suit supposed to be his source of power? That is...does the suit absorb more radiation at a time and put it into him than he would have gotten without the suit? Just something I picked up when it comes to Superman/Smallville.

Heck until the moment he put on the suit his greatest feat was pushing a bus out of the river when he was a child.

The world engine the greatest feat of Superman and proof that he would crush Thor...That was something made that can level a city....Thor destroyed the Bifrost that contained power enough to destroy an entire planet or has that also conveniently been forgotten?

They both had pretty good feats for their movies, it's not as one sided as you guys try to make it out. I think Thor can give him a run for his money.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

What does that have to do with anything? Ice is still pretty damn durable and tough, tough enough to sink the Titanic. Besides that planet is a combination of rock and ice...

Just out of curiousity how can Superman speed blitz Thor, he was shown to be no slouch in the fighting department and even speed. He did after all speed blitz the Hulk on the Helicarrier, go check the film again. It was just before Hulk was about to lay the hand on Black Widow, Thor came blitzing in there and took hulk with him into the cargo area. No...Thor did NOT have Mjolnir with him at that point so it's pointless to say that he flew in, unless you guys want to suggest that Thor can fly without Mjolnir.

Why does the entire Frost Giant fight get discounted as mere "Fodder", the Frost Giants are no "fodder" as they were a tought enemy for the Asgardians to take on(Refer to start of Film). Thor showed great combat speed and effectiveness when he fought the frost Giants. He was vastly out numbered with the giants all running at him at the same time(Not taking turns to fight him one at a time) and he still managed to keep them all at bay, only when he saw during all that chaos that he is getting "hopelessly" outnumber did he call down a lightning attack the levelled that area. During that whole scen thor was only struck by one frost giant right after he asked Laufey to at least make it a challenge for him, even then that Frost Giant lasted all but 1 shot(Mjolnir to the skull) from Thor.

Why try and lowball Thor in order to improve superman's effectiveness? It can just as easily be turned around against Superman as well. I mean the guy struggled with a small tower on an oil platform, when it collapsed he was for all intents and purposes technically knocked out(TKO) he was going down in the water dazed and out of it getting flashes from his childhood. He was also shown to be slow and couldn't even fly in order to make it to HIS home for some clothes, he resorted to petty theft by stealing clothes off of a clothing line.

Superman only started shining when he put on his suit, which is funny...because in Smallville they also showed him only becoming who he was supposed to be the moment he put on his suit. Is his suit supposed to be his source of power? That is...does the suit absorb more radiation at a time and put it into him than he would have gotten without the suit? Just something I picked up when it comes to Superman/Smallville.

Heck until the moment he put on the suit his greatest feat was pushing a bus out of the river when he was a child.

The world engine the greatest feat of Superman and proof that he would crush Thor...That was something made that can level a city....Thor destroyed the Bifrost that contained power enough to destroy an entire planet or has that also conveniently been forgotten?

They both had pretty good feats for their movies, it's not as one sided as you guys try to make it out. I think Thor can give him a run for his money.

What does it have to do with anything? It has a lot to do actually actually. Ice is durable, but not more durable then rock, the fact that it change states of matter so easily suggest that its not as durable/dense as other materials. And the world machine was doing more than destroying the city. Clark specifically flew through the epicenter of the machine. This machine was punching through the entire planet, to the other side combining its force with the other engine, that's a lot of fore. Moreover, all of this was weakening Clark.

For starters the frost giants were so difficult for the Asgardians to fight due to numbers, plus they had their power source (before Odin took it).They actually do appear to be a bit weaker because for one they are less durable than Hulk, and Thor, they were getting smashed by the hammer while Hulk was tanking it. Moreover Odin had removed their power source from them during the treaty.

Secondly in regard to the oil rig, the ground beneath him was clearly collapsing due to the heat/force hence why Clark was unable to properly support it, despite him having the strength to. Consider yourself supporting a light wooden beam (30 pounds) however the ground beneath you collapse, then what?

And I honestly don't see the significance of you bringing in the clothes scene, the director clearly showed you how Clark was living a drifter type life. now THAT'S low balling on your part.

And he had better feats than thus bus prior getting his suit, such as totally trashing that oil truck to get back at the guy in the bar. It was stacked with logs pushed through it.

And the suit is symbolic, it's clearly a symbol of his heritage, If you watched Smallville more in depth it's more of a privilege to wear. It has nothing to due with enhancing his abilities, however I would say that the fabric or whatever material is made of is meant to be tough, considering normal clothes would easily be torn to shreds. However it has little do with enhancing his performance.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we PLEASE call them by their real names? Supercavill and Thorsworth? Pretty please? Come on, just try it once. :p

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the pros are leaning towards Thor...

so ima be biased and say Thor

cause I was thinking Thor too.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson: This. Haha, you make great points there.

Thor says, "before we fight I have to tie my shoe can you hold Mjonir?" *tosses his hammer to superman and he catches it and it pins him to the ground*

Superman unable to move is beaten to a pulp by Thor! Ha

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

What does it have to do with anything? It has a lot to do actually actually. Ice is durable, but not more durable then rock, the fact that it change states of matter so easily suggest that its not as durable/dense as other materials. And the world machine was doing more than destroying the city. Clark specifically flew through the epicenter of the machine. This machine was punching through the entire planet, to the other side combining its force with the other engine, that's a lot of fore. Moreover, all of this was weakening Clark.

For starters the frost giants were so difficult for the Asgardians to fight due to numbers, plus they had their power source (before Odin took it).They actually do appear to be a bit weaker because for one they are less durable than Hulk, and Thor, they were getting smashed by the hammer while Hulk was tanking it. Moreover Odin had removed their power source from them during the treaty.

Secondly in regard to the oil rig, the ground beneath him was clearly collapsing due to the heat/force hence why Clark was unable to properly support it, despite him having the strength to. Consider yourself supporting a light wooden beam (30 pounds) however the ground beneath you collapse, then what?

And I honestly don't see the significance of you bringing in the clothes scene, the director clearly showed you how Clark was living a drifter type life. now THAT'S low balling on your part.

And he had better feats than thus bus prior getting his suit, such as totally trashing that oil truck to get back at the guy in the bar. It was stacked with logs pushed through it.

And the suit is symbolic, it's clearly a symbol of his heritage, If you watched Smallville more in depth it's more of a privilege to wear. It has nothing to due with enhancing his abilities, however I would say that the fabric or whatever material is made of is meant to be tough, considering normal clothes would easily be torn to shreds. However it has little do with enhancing his performance.

I know how durable ice is, I just don't know why you brought it up, hence why I asked, what does it have to do with anything? Other than an attempt on your part to downplay a feat... =o/

Clark was standing in the middle of that blast from the world machine, it didn't go through anything at that point, if it had then he wouldn't have solid ground to stand on...??? He destroyed it as it was starting to rip the city apart, it had quite some way to go before going straight through the planet...

Where did Hulk tank the hammer? He got struck by it once and it put him into a plane, that was the only shot Thor did with the hammer.

The oil rig, he was screaming in agony trying to hold it up even before the beams started to give way under the sheer weight and pressure being pushed on one place. Even then after it fell he got KO'd.

Low balling on my part right after you said the director clearly wanted to portray Clarke as a petty thief that stole clothes?...lol Sentence in bold from you.

Oh yeah destruction to property is definitely an awesome feat. It seems the vine follows the idea that destruction = power. He destroyed another man's private property, hence he is awesome.

Dude, I loved the smallville series, I have every series and I watch it at least 3 times a year!(Don't ask...lol) how in depth do I have to watch it still? Clarke's mother gave him that suit not Jor-El so it can't be a symbol or privilege for anything. You could've only argued that after Jor-El for some reason took the suit with Clark to the fortress after Clark saved Metropolis and Louis(Season 10). That suit didn't even come from Jor-El. Apart from the Symbol on it it had no ties to Krypton at all. Before that moment he spent season 8, 9 and the entire season 10 with clothes having the Symbol of the House of El on it. What makes that crotch hugger suit so much more special?

In the movie on the other hand, Clarke really only shined when he put on that suit. Like I asked...Does that specific suit in the movie absorb more radiation at a given time than Clarke could manage at any time during the entirety of the movie(And even his youth) hence why he suddenly seemed faster, stronger and even more durable. The moment he put it on he crash landed into a mountain and got up unscathed, before that he got KO'd from some steel barely landing on him. It was just an observation and I wanted to ask about it, whether his suit gives him access to more juice from the sun or not, it was just an interesting thing to note during the movie and it kind of bothered me so...No big deal really.

As to this battle as a whole, I think Thor gets low balled more than anything here, his feats gets straight up down played and neglected in favor of some serious Clarke wanking. If anything the world engine feat and the bifrost feat should be seen as equally impressive for both strength and durability(Thor survived a blast that took out a piece of Asgard with it!!!). Why downplay it? Some do it so much that they even suggest this MoS can solo the entire Avengers team and even the X-Men from the X-Men movies, at the same time!!! Thor alone should be a match for him.

Thor is much more of a match for MoS Superman than these guys give him credit for. He can surely tank some Superman's blows and he definitely has the capability to deliver blows equally powerful back at Superman to make him think!

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 X_insignia1  Online

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

I know how durable ice is, I just don't know why you brought it up, hence why I asked, what does it have to do with anything? Other than an attempt on your part to downplay a feat... =o/

Clark was standing in the middle of that blast from the world machine, it didn't go through anything at that point, if it had then he wouldn't have solid ground to stand on...??? He destroyed it as it was starting to rip the city apart, it had quite some way to go before going straight through the planet...

Where did Hulk tank the hammer? He got struck by it once and it put him into a plane, that was the only shot Thor did with the hammer.

The oil rig, he was screaming in agony trying to hold it up even before the beams started to give way under the sheer weight and pressure being pushed on one place. Even then after it fell he got KO'd.

Low balling on my part right after you said the director clearly wanted to portray Clarke as a petty thief that stole clothes?...lol Sentence in bold from you.

Oh yeah destruction to property is definitely an awesome feat. It seems the vine follows the idea that destruction = power. He destroyed another man's private property, hence he is awesome.

Dude, I loved the smallville series, I have every series and I watch it at least 3 times a year!(Don't ask...lol) how in depth do I have to watch it still? Clarke's mother gave him that suit not Jor-El so it can't be a symbol or privilege for anything. You could've only argued that after Jor-El for some reason took the suit with Clark to the fortress after Clark saved Metropolis and Louis(Season 10). That suit didn't even come from Jor-El. Apart from the Symbol on it it had no ties to Krypton at all. Before that moment he spent season 8, 9 and the entire season 10 with clothes having the Symbol of the House of El on it. What makes that crotch hugger suit so much more special?

In the movie on the other hand, Clarke really only shined when he put on that suit. Like I asked...Does that specific suit in the movie absorb more radiation at a given time than Clarke could manage at any time during the entirety of the movie(And even his youth) hence why he suddenly seemed faster, stronger and even more durable. The moment he put it on he crash landed into a mountain and got up unscathed, before that he got KO'd from some steel barely landing on him. It was just an observation and I wanted to ask about it, whether his suit gives him access to more juice from the sun or not, it was just an interesting thing to note during the movie and it kind of bothered me so...No big deal really.

As to this battle as a whole, I think Thor gets low balled more than anything here, his feats gets straight up down played and neglected in favor of some serious Clarke wanking. If anything the world engine feat and the bifrost feat should be seen as equally impressive for both strength and durability(Thor survived a blast that took out a piece of Asgard with it!!!). Why downplay it? Some do it so much that they even suggest this MoS can solo the entire Avengers team and even the X-Men from the X-Men movies, at the same time!!! Thor alone should be a match for him.

Thor is much more of a match for MoS Superman than these guys give him credit for. He can surely tank some Superman's blows and he definitely has the capability to deliver blows equally powerful back at Superman to make him think!

I don't see how taking into account the landscape was ice is low-balling. It's simple, Ice is less dense,and durable than your typical rock/concrete. It's a simple observation, what's more impressive smashing an icecubes, or smashing steel? It was a remarkable feat for Thor, but I was pointing out something that should be considered.

And in regards to the suit, I specifically stated that it was more or less a symbol. In many incarnations Martha creates his suit from garments that were found in his ship from krypton, I'm unsure if the same applies in Smallville. However MoS seems to follow the New 52 idea, as the suit being a kryptonian suit from the house of el, meant for a mature descendant of the house. Alluding more to heritage, as Clark simply said the S means 'Hope" There really was no indication of the suit enhancing his physical stats. The reason why Clark progressed through the movie was because Jor-el told him to "test his limits"

Not sure if you were being sarcastic in regard to the truck being totaled. But it demonstrates superior strength, as of two just pulling the bus out of the water. And the beam was sending pulses to the other side of the planet as demonstrated in the hologram. It strengthens the terraforming process. And when I say hulk tanked the Hammer, i'm referring to him not being killed, he was perfectly fine afterwards, although a bit dazed.

And yes Thor destroyed the Bitfrost bridge. He cracked, then smashed the bridge, hence the domino affect. I'm not low-balling but the distinct difference, is that Thor attacked the path, rather than the rotating mechanism.The Bitfrost Bridge was more of a strength feat rather than durability.

The reason why I'm a but more impressed by the world machine is that Clark was being weakened, yet still overcame it.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya it seems like a lot of superman fans are like "superman in a curbstomp" or something :D but Thor fans seem to be giving more evidence and explanations :0

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

I don't see how taking into account the landscape was ice is low-balling. It's simple, Ice is less dense,and durable than your typical rock/concrete. It's a simple observation, what's more impressive smashing an icecubes, or smashing steel? It was a remarkable feat for Thor, but I was pointing out something that should be considered.

And in regards to the suit, I specifically stated that it was more or less a symbol. In many incarnations Martha creates his suit from garments that were found in his ship from krypton, I'm unsure if the same applies in Smallville. However MoS seems to follow the New 52 idea, as the suit being a kryptonian suit from the house of el, meant for a mature descendant of the house. Alluding more to heritage, as Clark simply said the S means 'Hope" There really was no indication of the suit enhancing his physical stats. The reason why Clark progressed through the movie was because Jor-el told him to "test his limits"

Not sure if you were being sarcastic in regard to the truck being totaled. But it demonstrates superior strength, as of two just pulling the bus out of the water. And the beam was sending pulses to the other side of the planet as demonstrated in the hologram. It strengthens the terraforming process. And when I say hulk tanked the Hammer, i'm referring to him not being killed, he was perfectly fine afterwards, although a bit dazed.

And yes Thor destroyed the Bitfrost bridge. He cracked, then smashed the bridge, hence the domino affect. I'm not low-balling but the distinct difference, is that Thor attacked the path, rather than the rotating mechanism.The Bitfrost Bridge was more of a strength feat rather than durability.

The reason why I'm a but more impressed by the world machine is that Clark was being weakened, yet still overcame it.

Well if you want to point out things then point it out correctly as Jotunheim was a planet of rock and ice. Go check the scene again.

So Jor-El just saying "test out your limits" suddenly makes him more durable? Like I said before he put on that suit he got KO'd at the oil rig, after he put it on he smashes into a mountain, gets back up as if he fell into a marshmallow bowl and go on as if nothing happened. Suddenly Jor-El's encouragement made him more durable? Like I said in my last reply, it's just a small thing in the film that bothered me, it shows that he is better when the suit is worn for whatever reason. My dad telling me to test my limits doesn't mean when I run into a wall I won't be knocked the fork out. So that doesn't mean anything.

I'm not being sarcastic about the truck. It's a silly moment in the film. Funny though, just after he does that he's hitch hiking....a speedster like him?...

What? Energy enough to destroy a planet blowing up in your face is not a durability feat? Are you actually being serious now?

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya it seems like a lot of superman fans are like "superman in a curbstomp" or something :D but Thor fans seem to be giving more evidence and explanations :0

That's nothing new, same thing with every Thor vs DC character. It always boils down to the same old thing. Explanations, feats etc are null and void, they just outright ignore the lot of it.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson: ya and that sucks because I am unbias when it comes to marvel and dc, I am a fan of both of them but here it just seems to obvious what the outcome would be.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 X_insignia1  Online

@bodinson

I honestly forget about the explosion, I haven't seen the film in quite a while, so yes it does display a degree of his durability.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

Well if you want to point out things then point it out correctly as Jotunheim was a planet of rock and ice. Go check the scene again.

So Jor-El just saying "test out your limits" suddenly makes him more durable? Like I said before he put on that suit he got KO'd at the oil rig, after he put it on he smashes into a mountain, gets back up as if he fell into a marshmallow bowl and go on as if nothing happened. Suddenly Jor-El's encouragement made him more durable? Like I said in my last reply, it's just a small thing in the film that bothered me, it shows that he is better when the suit is worn for whatever reason. My dad telling me to test my limits doesn't mean when I run into a wall I won't be knocked the fork out. So that doesn't mean anything.

I'm not being sarcastic about the truck. It's a silly moment in the film. Funny though, just after he does that he's hitch hiking....a speedster like him?...

What? Energy enough to destroy a planet blowing up in your face is not a durability feat? Are you actually being serious now?

He isn't better because of the suit. He was powered by the sun. The reason he got KO'd by the oil rig/refinery is arguably because there was an absence of the sun for a while. He was obviously more charged in the sun when he coincidentally got his suit (coincident for you at least).

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Debating the whole oil rig scene is silly. He failed to support the weight because the ground underneath him was collapsing and at that point in the movie, he couldn't fly. It would defy physics for him to push back the oil rig because he was being pulled in the opposite direction.

Furthermore, Jor-El telling him about his potential DOES matter, I can't believe this is under debate either. If two superheros are fighting, which one wins? The one who knows every detail and the extent of his powers, or the guy who just knows a little bit and doesn't know what he's doing?

I mean the movie itself answers this argument. Why more than anything else does Superman beat Faora and Nam-Ek? Because his has superior control of his powers. Zod and Faora had to be carried off the planet because they couldn't control their sensory powers for crying out loud lol.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@bodinson said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@logy5000 said:

Superman

Superman

He isn't better because of the suit. He was powered by the sun. The reason he got KO'd by the oil rig/refinery is arguably because there was an absence of the sun for a while. He was obviously more charged in the sun when he coincidentally got his suit (coincident for you at least).

Yeah maybe...It would be different than most superman incarnations though, wouldn't it? It would then suggest that if the sun sets he starts to get drained of the power he soaked up during the day. That should be problematic when it comes to his many cosmic adventures...

So maybe you're right about the suit, then again...

Debating the whole oil rig scene is silly. He failed to support the weight because the ground underneath him was collapsing and at that point in the movie, he couldn't fly. It would defy physics for him to push back the oil rig because he was being pulled in the opposite direction.

Furthermore, Jor-El telling him about his potential DOES matter, I can't believe this is under debate either. If two superheros are fighting, which one wins? The one who knows every detail and the extent of his powers, or the guy who just knows a little bit and doesn't know what he's doing?

I mean the movie itself answers this argument. Why more than anything else does Superman beat Faora and Nam-Ek? Because his has superior control of his powers. Zod and Faora had to be carried off the planet because they couldn't control their sensory powers for crying out loud lol.

He couldn't fly until he put on that suit.

As for the oil scene, go check it again dude he was crying out in pain by the holding up that support even BEFORE the beams on which he stood started to give in under him, then he got KTFO. Even the whales in the movie laughed as they were passing by.

I don't disagree with the fighting part and his superior control over the power in comparison with the rest... I do however disagree with the Jor-El part though. He's supposed to have been able to do those things anyways(After all that time on earth he never noticed he could fly until daddy told him? Come on now...) but didn't do a damn thing except steal and cause damage to private property, show vengeful and distasteful behavior(not very Superman like) but suddenly when he puts on his nut hugger every changed?

Hm...

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@bodinson: Are you really trying to argue that the suit is what lets him fly...?

If the suit is what allows him to fly, why can't Faora and Nam-Ek fly? They wear suits under their armor. Zod too, wears a suit under his armor all the time and he doesn't learn how to fly until later. Shouldn't all of them been able to fly immediately?

Bad argument is bad.

How do you know he was screaming in pain? He was just screaming. When you're exerting effort on something do you usually grunt? Now imagine you're trying to hold up what could easily be 1000 tons and I imagine you'd scream a little.

Who cares if he was in the water? One could easily interpret that scene as day dreaming rather than being knocked out. And like I said...this is all before he's told his powers can be limitless. Your mental attitude has a real effect on your body. This has been proven for years.

And yes. How would you how to ride a bike or drive car or do ANYTHING if someone didn't teach you or tell you about it? You wouldn't. The only thing we do naturally is breath, sleep, eat and expel waste - everything else has to be taught - the notion that something as complicated as flying should just be something that is natural is silly.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By BOdinson

@bodinson: Are you really trying to argue that the suit is what lets him fly...?

If the suit is what allows him to fly, why can't Faora and Nam-Ek fly? They wear suits under their armor. Zod too, wears a suit under his armor all the time and he doesn't learn how to fly until later. Shouldn't all of them been able to fly immediately?

Bad argument is bad.

How do you know he was screaming in pain? He was just screaming. When you're exerting effort on something do you usually grunt? Now imagine you're trying to hold up what could easily be 1000 tons and I imagine you'd scream a little.

Who cares if he was in the water? One could easily interpret that scene as day dreaming rather than being knocked out. And like I said...this is all before he's told his powers can be limitless. Your mental attitude has a real effect on your body. This has been proven for years.

And yes. How would you how to ride a bike or drive car or do ANYTHING if someone didn't teach you or tell you about it? You wouldn't. The only thing we do naturally is breath, sleep, eat and expel waste - everything else has to be taught - the notion that something as complicated as flying should just be something that is natural is silly.

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just noting what it comes off from the film. You yourself said "He couldn't fly at that time" then when he puts on the suit he can magically fly? Come on man, take that wank glasses off and look at the bigger picture. Perhaps if you were a bit more impartial towards the entire discussion you would at least concede that THAT is precisely the message that comes through from the film. I don't agree with it though, it's a natural ability for Kryptonians but he didn't show anything other than super strength and x-ray vision until he put on that suit.

You ask me how I know he's screaming in pain and right afterwards you answer your own question... =o/

Day dreaming? He was knocked out, get over it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, his durability at that point seemed meaningless at best, then after he has a daddy chat and puts on his nut huggers suddenly he can crash into a mountain and rub it off as if nothing happened? Don't hate on me for the way the producers/creators portrayed the character. I'm just pointing it out.

I know your mental attitude has an effect on your body, but now it suddenly makes it more durable too? Unless your suggesting that he got hurt by those things because he saw himself as human and he should be hurt by those things? Which goes contrary to the entire story where he KNOWS from a young age that he is different and not human. His durability up to the point where he put on his suit was mediocre at best.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Bad argument is bad.

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just noting what it comes off from the film. You yourself said "He couldn't fly at that time" then when he puts on the suit he can magically fly? Come on man, take that wank glasses off and look at the bigger picture. Perhaps if you were a bit more impartial towards the entire discussion you would at least concede that THAT is precisely the message that comes through from the film. I don't agree with it though, it's a natural ability for Kryptonians but he didn't show anything other than super strength and x-ray vision until he put on that suit.

You ask me how I know he's screaming in pain and right afterwards you answer your own question... =o/

Day dreaming? He was knocked out, get over it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, his durability at that point seemed meaningless at best, then after he has a daddy chat and puts on his nut huggers suddenly he can crash into a mountain and rub it off as if nothing happened? Don't hate on me for the way the producers/creators portrayed the character. I'm just pointing it out.

I know your mental attitude has an effect on your body, but now it suddenly makes it more durable too? Unless your suggesting that he got hurt by those things because he saw himself as human and he should be hurt by those things? Which goes contrary to the entire story where he KNOWS from a young age that he is different and not human. His durability up to the point where he put on his suit was mediocre at best.

Your argument isn't really good. If the suit is what gave them the ability to fly, they would've all been able to fly.... unless your argument is that Zod wasn't able to fly until he broke his armor off and just left it up to his suit. Which is a coincidence.... I say again; a coincidence for you at least.

The reason Zod was able to fly is because he broke his visor/helmet himself and decided to soak up the sun, since he saw that it was giving him more powers.

And if you don't believe that they're powered by the sun, what Jor-El said in that very same speech where he told Superman to 'test his limits' was the proof. He said "Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells are drunk in it's radiation; strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earth's gravity is weaker and it's atmosphere is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong... is to keep testing your limits". The reason he got KO'd by the rig is probably because of the absence of the sun since he was on a ship in the rain for so long... Like I said earlier.

Did you only listen to the last part and ignore what he said about the sun completely? The reason he was able to do all of what he did was because of him soaking up the sun. The mental attitude is a factor in it. He would've never tried to fly if he didn't know how powerful he can become.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

It was not about the suit, but more about him not talking to his father, who told him about his potential and that he could do anything he wanted. Superman tried to fly, failed, tried to do it again and managed to hold himself in the air.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

Watched both this week.

1. Who would win in a fight between these two?

--Superman, narrowly.

2. Who's stronger?

--Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

--Thor

4. Which actor did it better?

--Superman

exatly my thoughts

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By lethalsmash

Well I'm not sure what him putting on a suit and his dad giving him a pep talk has to do with this fight, but I do want to try to get something straight.

The world engine is a piece if equipment not a weapon, no more a weapon than a tractor. What it was shooting out into the earths crust wasn't a powerful desuctive energy blast obviously because it didn't make a hole through earth. I would say it has the properties of a wave and was rearranging molecules and stuff, it looked like a sonic blast or something, so superman standing in the middle of it isn't that impressive. Yes it had a strong gravitational push but we really don't know how strong, I mean it took like several hours to flatten a block of metropolis, but it wasn't like an energy blast.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Bad argument is bad.

1)Your argument isn't really good. If the suit is what gave them the ability to fly, they would've all been able to fly.... unless your argument is that Zod wasn't able to fly until he broke his armor off and just left it up to his suit. Which is a coincidence.... I say again; a coincidence for you at least.

The reason Zod was able to fly is because he broke his visor/helmet himself and decided to soak up the sun, since he saw that it was giving him more powers.

2)And if you don't believe that they're powered by the sun, what Jor-El said in that very same speech where he told Superman to 'test his limits' was the proof. He said "Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells are drunk in it's radiation; strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earth's gravity is weaker and it's atmosphere is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong... is to keep testing your limits". The reason he got KO'd by the rig is probably because of the absence of the sun since he was on a ship in the rain for so long... Like I said earlier.

Did you only listen to the last part and ignore what he said about the sun completely? The reason he was able to do all of what he did was because of him soaking up the sun. The mental attitude is a factor in it. He would've never tried to fly if he didn't know how powerful he can become.

1) Tell me, how come they had super speed, strength and durability even before they were exposed to the yellow sun? Pretty big coincidence about the flying...lol

2) Who said I don't believe they are powered by the yellow sun? Point to me where I stated that? What I asked was if the suit absorbs more of the yellow sun than their own skin can, thus explaining why Superman suddenly became a whole bunch more durable than he was prior to wearing that suit. I never said they didn't get their power from the sun.

@chibio said:
@bodinson said:

It was not about the suit, but more about him not talking to his father, who told him about his potential and that he could do anything he wanted. Superman tried to fly, failed, tried to do it again and managed to hold himself in the air.

This problem wouldn't be here if they just kept to the same story...Fortress of solitude where Clark learns about who is he, it would have made so much more sense than a short conversation with a hologram that tells him "Test your limits" then suddenly he becomes durable and can even fly.

Who said flying was part of his limits? Where did he come on that one?

Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm not sure what him putting on a suit and his dad giving him a pep talk has to do with this fight, but I do want to try to get something straight.

The world engine is a piece if equipment not a weapon, no more a weapon than a tractor. What it was shooting out into the earths crust wasn't a powerful desuctive energy blast obviously because it didn't make a hole through earth. I would say it has the properties of a wave and was rearranging molecules and stuff, it looked like a sonic blast or something, so superman standing in the middle of it isn't that impressive. Yes it had a strong gravitational push but we really don't know how strong, I mean it took like several hours to flatten a block of metropolis, but it wasn't like an energy blast.

It wasn't just shooting it into the earth's crust, it was shooting it through the entire earth to the opposite world engine. It's a terraforming machine what the hell would they gain from destroying the planet?

It was enough to kill hundreds of thousands of people and do billions (if not trillions) of dollars in damage to that area. Go back and watch the movie, the world engine destroyed much more than a measly city block in a few hours. And under your theory, lets say it was REARRANGING MOLECULES and not just a gravitational force. It makes Supercavill withstanding it that much more impressive.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Erick_Williams

@gav said:

Watched both this week.

1. Who would win in a fight between these two?

--Superman, narrowly.

2. Who's stronger?

--Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

--Thor

4. Which actor did it better?

--Superman

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SkyRobo1

This is spite to Man of Steel..Thor Movie version was far too weak..Even if you combine all he did in his own movie + Avengers it still wouldn't be enough to challenge Superman's feats in the movie..

An argument can be made if its the comics version but since the topic is only comparing movie version then I would say hands down Superman murderstomp Thor.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By lethalsmash

@ifoughtgalactus: Rearranging molecules in the earth as in making it more dense and placing then closer together, not like destroying and recreating them, just making the earth more dense and at a very slow rate! Damn it I said FLATTEN, I know it destroyed more overall but it wasn't that incredible, something that superman could withstand easily, and Thor very possibly just as easy!

Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorsworth had trouble breaking out of a falling container. I'm not impressed enough by his movie feats to say he could break out of the World Engine beam. Although I'll admit he could probably just throw Mjolnir through the thing.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ifoughtgalactus: Rearranging molecules in the earth as in making it more dense and placing then closer together, not like destroying and recreating them, just making the earth more dense and at a very slow rate! Damn it I said FLATTEN, I know it destroyed more overall but it wasn't that incredible, something that superman could withstand easily, and Thor very possibly just as easy!

That showed how stupid superman really is. "Gee let me stand in the middle of this beam here that seems to be destroying the earth, that would be much more feasible that stand next to it or destroying it from the side. That's not feasible at all". He had an independence day moment, "Tell my kids I love them", whoosh right in the middle of the beam that's been flattening cities, "I'll show those aliens".

@skyrobo1 said:

This is spite to Man of Steel..Thor Movie version was far too weak..Even if you combine all he did in his own movie + Avengers it still wouldn't be enough to challenge Superman's feats in the movie..

An argument can be made if its the comics version but since the topic is only comparing movie version then I would say hands down Superman murderstomp Thor.

You're right man, I mean Thor was so awful in his own movie he created a tornado and defeated the destroyer without causing any real damage to the environment. Superman though is much cooler, he showed how powerful he is by destroying the city bit by bit causing billions of dollars(That he'll never pay back) of damages to the tax payers. Now that's power... =o/

Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Ifoughtgalactus
@bodinson said:

That showed how stupid superman really is. "Gee let me stand in the middle of this beam here that seems to be destroying the earth, that would be much more feasible that stand next to it or destroying it from the side. That's not feasible at all". He had an independence day moment, "Tell my kids I love them", whoosh right in the middle of the beam that's been flattening cities, "I'll show those aliens".

He didn't stand in the center by choice, he got thrown in there by the World Engine itself. And if that makes Supercavill stupid, then Thorsworth belongs in the Special Olympics for the way Loki tricked him into going in the "boot".

You're right man, I mean Thor was so awful in his own movie he created a tornado and defeated the destroyer without causing any real damage to the environment. Superman though is much cooler, he showed how powerful he is by destroying the city bit by bit causing billions of dollars(That he'll never pay back) of damages to the tax payers. Now that's power... =o/
If you think that destroyer was powerful, something is wrong with you. In the comics, the destroyer would knock Thor out, without question, Thor had to resort to BFR when it came to beating it in the comics. That's not a knock on thor but a testament to the destroyer. The fact that it failed to torch that town in 10 seconds proves that in the movie, the Destroyer was garbage. It's like the Abortion (Abomination) in the Nortonhulk movie, a pile of bullshit.
As far as the money damage, that was the first time Supercavill fought, well, anything. Everybody expects him to be Goldenboy Superman from the beginning, it's baffling. It's a perfect lead in for Superman/Batman however. But that's besides the point. Him doing massive monetary damage has nothing to do with power, but your sarcastic (and misinformed) comments shows that you have a bias against the Man of Steel movie that has no place in an argument about feats.