Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@holyserpent said:

@nick31898 said:

@batman242 said:

@nick31898 said:

Thor......magic hammer........duh......

Well structured argument. I'm in awe.

Thank you, I tried so hard to put it all together.

You are speaking complete nonsense. the movie Thor does not use magic. he flat out stated this when he explain this to Natalie Portman's character. Its advance science.

@cgoodness said:

I haven't seen MoS but I think Supes wins in a good fight from what I've seen you guys debate, but Thor would stomp with prep

you also are talking just to talk. when has thor done anything with prep... He's not reed richards.

Than the movie is not realistic. Thor's hammer is indeed magic. I'm sure it was a movie joke.

............. To be honest, I laughed too hard at this. I have to applaud this. :)

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@holyserpent said:

@nick31898 said:

@batman242 said:

@nick31898 said:

You are speaking complete nonsense. the movie Thor does not use magic. he flat out stated this when he explain this to Natalie Portman's character. Its advance science.

@cgoodness said:

I haven't seen MoS but I think Supes wins in a good fight from what I've seen you guys debate, but Thor would stomp with prep

you also are talking just to talk. when has thor done anything with prep... He's not reed richards.

Than the movie is not realistic. Thor's hammer is indeed magic. I'm sure it was a movie joke.

Nah that's the way they intended the film to be, heck Thor is referred to as a demigod for one or other reason as well. Hence even people on this forum referring to him as such.

Can't see how he's a demigod though, both his parents are gods... So the movie referring to magic as a higher form of science doesn't surprise me in the least.

Loading Video...

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898 said:

@holyserpent said:

@nick31898 said:

@batman242 said:

@nick31898 said:

@cgoodness said:

............. To be honest, I laughed too hard at this. I have to applaud this. :)

I meant it isn't like the comics.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: ya and the comics are realistic...BLAHAHAHA:P

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@nick31898 said:

@holyserpent said:

@nick31898 said:

@batman242 said:

@nick31898 said:

@cgoodness said:

I meant it isn't like the comics.

kinda like superman's suit giving him more power.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By NICK31898
lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Don't be mean I was joking, even though you worded it funny I know what your talking about!

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Thor 2 trailer, Thor was able to send a troll flying hundreds of feet in the air with a casual mjolnir strike. But Man of Steel has better feats like going faster than speed of sound and beating Zod and Faora.

CapRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By CapRay

Okay, so I think Superman is winning.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's agreed that Thor wins.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@lethalsmash said:

absolutely...

...How?

He isn't better because of the suit. He was powered by the sun. The reason he got KO'd by the oil rig/refinery is arguably because there was an absence of the sun for a while. He was obviously more charged in the sun when he coincidentally got his suit (coincident for you at least). - Batman242

It's always dark some where on earth...

Out of curiosity though, is Man of Steel based on New52 Superman or vice versa?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@batman242 said:

@bodinson said:

@lethalsmash said:

absolutely...

...How?

He isn't better because of the suit. He was powered by the sun. The reason he got KO'd by the oil rig/refinery is arguably because there was an absence of the sun for a while. He was obviously more charged in the sun when he coincidentally got his suit (coincident for you at least). - Batman242

When I said that, I meant he was on a ship out fishing prior to rescuing those people. Who knows how long they were out there doing that without sunshine? And since he has knowledge of being powered by the sun, I see no reason for him not to fly to where it's shining. And I doubt this battle is taking place at night.

There's really no evidence to show that this is New 52 Superman other than the fact that the suit is different. They used different fragments of stories from Pre-52 and non-canon stories, so Pre-52, I guess.

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@batman242 said:

@bodinson said:

@lethalsmash said:

absolutely...

...How?

When I said that, I meant he was on a ship out fishing prior to rescuing those people. Who knows how long they were out there doing that without sunshine? And since he has knowledge of being powered by the sun, I see no reason for him not to fly to where it's shining. And I doubt this battle is taking place at night.

There's really no evidence to show that this is New 52 Superman other than the fact that the suit is different. They used different fragments of stories from Pre-52 and non-canon stories, so Pre-52, I guess.

Well they probably couldn't have been out there doing it in the dark for more than say 12hours?

Ok because I actually saw a site relate the movies into the new 52 reboot, either way, it would have been an interesting thing to note that when we discussed the issue of the suit...after a while I actually came across Superboy #15 in which Superman gave his suit to Superboy in order to save him and slow down the molecular attack H'el did against him.

Just another coincidental but none the less interesting correlation between the suit and their power.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By demonyusuke713

The answer no matter the type of thor and what type of superman thor always win thor took on the destroyer armor like it was nothing in the movie a armor that has enough power to not only destroy the planet but whole solar system with ease more then one at the same time. superman struggled beating other kryptonians who wasnt as experienced as he was in using these powers knowing the weaknesses and everything still struggled. Now in the Avengers movie thor and hulk was powered down to balance out everything in the movie look at the incredible hulk movie if that hulk was in the avengers do you really think those aliens would stand a chance. Not to mention superman has a weakness of magic thor al the way

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer no matter the type of thor and what type of superman thor always win thor took on the destroyer armor like it was nothing in the movie a armor that has enough power to not only destroy the planet but whole solar system with ease more then one at the same time. superman struggled beating other kryptonians who wasnt as experienced as he was in using these powers knowing the weaknesses and everything still struggled. Now in the Avengers movie thor and hulk was powered down to balance out everything in the movie look at the incredible hulk movie if that hulk was in the avengers do you really think those aliens would stand a chance. Not to mention superman has a weakness of magic thor al the way

When has the destroyed planet busting galaxy busting, yet planet busting power in the films? and when has superman displayed any weakness to magic in MoS? you're getting your versions confused.

w/ that said MoS wins.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonyusuke713 said:

When has the destroyed planet busting galaxy busting, yet planet busting power in the films? and when has superman displayed any weakness to magic in MoS? you're getting your versions confused.

w/ that said MoS wins.

well tbh every living being is vulnerable to magic even magic users that just common sense second no the armor didnt show the planet busting galaxy busting power it has but thor and loki siad the amount of power it has in the movie

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The movie Destroyer was hardly up to par with the comicbook version.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

well tbh every living being is vulnerable to magic even magic users that just common sense second no the armor didnt show the planet busting galaxy busting power it has but thor and loki siad the amount of power it has in the movie

I highly doubt it, if the film incarnations of the main characters are watered down, best bet would be the destroyer would be toned down as well, moreover the destroyers power highly depends on the skill of the user. Moreover weakness, and susceptibility are two different things.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By X_insignia1
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

That's not magic being used. It's an advanced science considered to be magic, since it's so ahead of time to humans.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can understand the mechanics behind it and repeat the effects it can be scientifically understood even if it's steeped in ritual. So in a sense yeah, magic is kind of a science.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

That's not magic being used. It's an advanced science considered to be magic, since it's so ahead of time to humans.

well that is the movie version make that as a way to explain why tech can reproduce the same things magic can but even still his tech is considered magic meaning ti still affects other living beings w/o probs weakness or not plus high tech can harm supes

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By MethoKi

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

well that is the movie version make that as a way to explain why tech can reproduce the same things magic can but even still his tech is considered magic meaning ti still affects other living beings w/o probs weakness or not plus high tech can harm supes

Didn't seem to damage anyone he fought in the Avengers that much. Going toe-to-tow with Hulk and not really having an upper hand and fighting Iron Man equally. That affecting someone like Superman who has shown to take 0 damage that much? Don't see it happening.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By demonyusuke713

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

Didn't seem to damage anyone he fought in the Avengers that much. Going toe-to-tow with Hulk and not really having an upper hand and fighting Iron Man equally. That affecting someone like Superman who has shown to take 0 damage that much? Don't see it happening.

actually in the fight between hulk and him they were pretty even and he said himself in the first movie he holds back against mortals

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By spiderbuck1

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

actually in the fight between hulk and him they were pretty even and he said himself in the first movie he holds back against mortals

I agree with this, however based on feats MOS still takes this in my opinion

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

Wasn't he basically trying to kill Tony and stomp Hulk? He didn't do either.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By lethalsmash

@batman242: what? He wasn't trying to kill tony, it looked like he was trying to like disable his suit or something, he says for tony to back down this isnt his business, if he was going all out with his full power force charge like he did to the destroyer it would have obliterated him, the worst thing Thor did was throw his hammer at him but it didn't seem to have much effort in the throw. He dud shoot him with lightning which could have killed tony but I dont think he was intentionally trying to kill him.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@batman242 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

w/ that said MoS wins.

Wasn't he basically trying to kill Tony and stomp Hulk? He didn't do either.

he wasnt trying to kill tony he was trying to disable he learned how to be humble so he wouldnt go all out against a mortal and as said thor and hulk was powered down to balance out every one in the movie

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By demonyusuke713

pretty much same way the kryptonians was going to beat him i guess maybe its a draw

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Umm, do you really want me to reword everything that's been said for the last 5 pages haha, I don't know its my opinion though and I've backed it up as much as I could.

The only way to settle this I guess is.... MOVIE CROSSOVER BATTLE someday in an actual movie.:D

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Don't be mean I was joking, even though you worded it funny I know what your talking about!

I know I was Jk too.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Who would win in a fight between these two?

Thor wins

2. Who's stronger?

Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

Thor, here's why

First off, speed is out of the question really, superman didnt speedblits one person, so who's to say he is going to suddenly want to do it to thor, and if he does choose to slug it out (which he was shown to do) thor is going to stomp him, his fight between iron man proves that

Secondly, thor has more options of attack, he has lightning, hurricanes, which are all magic, so superman will be as durable as a human to it, and it killed leviathens like they were nothing

Thirdly, thor has better reaction feats, like when he fought hulk, he danced around him, and when he fought ironman, he also swatted away destroyers beams like they were fodder, goodbye heat vision, and anyway, his lightning seems stronger than supes lightning

Fourthly, thors hammer strikes are argueably too hard for supes to handle, destroying whole landscapes with one blow, one shotting a leviathen, one shotting a monster that was gigantic in ice giant land, spinning his hammer to block attack and to fling attacks, throwing mjolnir hard enough to go through about 7 ice giants and continue going, only to be called back, and he is not slow, he travelled the ice giants whole land in about 5 seconds, not that supes would speed blits anyway, though thor's reactions prove he could tag supes anyway thor also used and area of attack lightning attack to kill like 15 chituari warriers surrounding widow and hawkeye and cap

4. Which actor did it better?

Loved both, tie

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Bump

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Who would win in a fight between these two? - Superman

2. Who's stronger? - Superman

3. Who's more powerful? - Superman

4. Which actor did it better? - Both

Even though I don't like a lot of the character actors like Batman(hope BA does a better job), Mandarin, Spider-Man.

I did like how Loki and Thor was casted, prolly my 2 favorite comic book casts.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with Thor's second movie out, Superman still wins.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the movie but I didn't like how everyone got a moment to show off their fighting skills except Thor, he was just tanking things and barely fighting back

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note: I haven't still the dark world yet.

Could anyone explain how thor is supposed to keep up with superman? He could literally run circles around him. Sad as it is, it comes down to what comic debates generally come down to: Superman blitzes.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@princearagorn1: Superman from his movie is still faster and stronger than the new Thor.

The hammer is frickn fast though. It went from building level to low earth orbit in like a split second in the movie.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: haha true.

Except, they were already in the sky before taking the battle to space.

The hammer in the movie moved from building level, (I'm talking 2 story building level) into space (I just re watched the scene on a website) in a split second.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Thor with his hammer was moving fast enough to drag multiple cars behind his trail.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@rudebomberboy01: they weren't that high in the sky. Superman had just crashed through several buildings when Zod tackles him and they got flying upwards

so he's was only about half way up a sky scrapper

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@rudebomberboy01: not yet. going this weekend

but unless he displays aerial combat feats, the hammer speed is sort of irrelevant. Thor's only ever used it for traveling.

and unless it blows up an entire city, I doubt throwing the hammer is going to KO Superman.