Voyager X, Chapter 2- The Inheritors

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Voyager X, Chapter 2- The Inheritors

A painful scream led out across the rooms. Mutants were held in glass chambers, not able to get out. The very air they tried to breathe. Exhaustion was coming out of their bodies. Some of them were pale and others were dying of hunger. These mutants have not slept or eaten for days. They haven’t had a slightest hope of escaping out of this madness. What good will it do to try and get out, and the Inheritors waiting for them? Yes, the Inheritors were waiting and watching them. They were testing to see if the mutants were capable enough to become stronger than before. The Inheritor held the Apocalypse serum in his hand. He looked at it, as if though it was waiting to be drunk. But the Inheritor didn’t want to drink it. He only wanted to save the serum for the other mutant prisoners. He was a scientist, after all. He experimented on the serum to witness the side-effects. So far, the effects were not showing...yet. The Master of the Inheritors was waiting for the good news. The scientist didn’t want to fail the experiment.

“AHHHHH!” A male mutant screamed in pain. The glass chamber, which was housing him, gave him some kind of gas that pulls the air out of his lung. The scientist smiled, still holding the serum on his hand. He wondered how the serum will affect the Inheritors. He hoped to try the serum, but it could be a risk. There were tests to be done. First, he had to try it on the mutants.

He came closer to the three glass chambers, where the mutants were trying to get out. They tried to smash the glass, but it wouldn’t. It was either the glass that couldn’t break or the inhaling gas that led these mutants to feel weak. Whatever it was, all they want is to get out. The scientist named, Dr. Alex Cross had come to believe that these mutants were evolving into something more than an average mutant. It’s because of the Apocalypse serum that’s affecting their cells, the X-Gene. The late Apocalypse used to experiment the mutants in the past, just to make them stronger. They were the Horsemen until the X-Men defeated them. Apocalypse had endured numerous defeats by these mutant heroes, yet he had still considered himself stronger than any mutant on the planet.

Dr. Cross laughed at the idea of Apocalypse claiming to be a strong mutant. Yes, he was strong back then, a blue, skinned mutant who was out casted by his fellow people, the Egyptians. That was the time when Apocalypse rose to power and take hold of his surroundings. He even became the pharaoh of Egypt for a few centuries. But the Egyptians feared of his raw power and knew he wasn’t normal, not like all the Egyptians who served their kings and queens at the time. As a result, the Egyptians rallied their cause and fight the mad mutant. Apocalypse defeated them, his people who have turned against him. He left his kingdom, trying to find others like him. The search went on and on until one day, he discovered an old Celestial starship, buried deep inside the dry sands of Egypt. It was then he became a god.

“God...” Dr. Cross laughed a bit. “The Inheritors are gods. I am a God.” He lifted the serum, still staring at it. The red liquid almost looked like blood, the blood of Apocalypse. The Inheritor scientist and others like him have found the remains of dead, mad mutant. He had struggled to fight the X-Men. The X-Men had no choice but to end the mad mutant’s life. This was Cyclops decision.

“Please...help me! Someone help!” A female mutant cried out, waving her hands. She also tried to smash the glass with her own super strength. But it wasn’t enough. She looked at her own hands, witnessing the transformation within herself. She looked at the other two mutants. They were also transforming into beings of madness and power. This was the true vision of Apocalypse. Turning mutants against his own kind was his own idea. However, Dr. Cross learned to replicate the serum and continued his work. He had spent years and years, working on the serum. He made it perfect.

A door slid open behind the scientist. It was Dr. Alicia Crawford, a woman with blonde hair, wearing the white coat the same as Dr. Cross. She came out into the open, watching the mutants transforming themselves. Dr. Cross turned and watched his female partner. He always liked to work alone at this kind of matter. But the Master of the Inheritors wanted someone like Dr. Crawford to work alongside him. After all, the Inheritors needed more geneticists on the planet as much as the famous scientist himself, Mr. Sinister.

“Ah, Dr. Crawford,” Dr. Cross said. “I was waiting for you.”

“As much I was waiting to see the results, Dr. Cross,” the blonde woman said. She looked beautiful in a way no man can resist. Dr. Cross imagined himself, having sensual acts with her. He wasn’t supposed to imagine it, since he liked to work alone. But the beauty and the smell of her perfume made him erotic.

Dr. Crawford came closer to the glass chamber. The mutant who had transformed already, made growling sounds. It was like a lion, trying to come out of the cage. Dr. Crawford made some notes down with her ball pen. The results were rather seemed positive.

“I have to say this, Dr. Crawford,” the blonde woman said. “Your experiment is quite successful.”

“Quite?” Dr. Cross said confusingly. “I don’t understand.”

The blonde woman raised her eye-glass down a bit. She pointed her finger to the mutant prisoner who had just been transformed. The mutant prisoner had green-bluish skin.

“This one is not intelligent, Dr. Cross,” the blonde woman said. “As a matter of fact, the mutant here had to develop intelligence after the transformation. We need someone, intelligent enough to defeat the other mutants. Not some mad dogs running around, and escaping to who knows where.”

Dr. Cross saw it too. The experiment was not successful yet. She was right about the fact that the intelligence had not been developed after the transformation. The Master of the Inheritors wouldn’t like the news. He hoped that Dr. Crawford wouldn’t tell him.

“I suppose that we could work together on this matter,” Dr. Cross said. “I would be glad to do it.”

Dr. Crawford smiled. She knew that Dr. Cross had no other choice but to work with her. The result is the same for Dr. Cross. Whenever he worked alone, the results turned out to be a failure. Not one scientist could make the Apocalypse serum perfect. The serum looked perfect, but it wasn’t.

“I’m glad to hear it, Dr. Cross,” the blonde woman said as she came closer to Dr. Cross. “In that case, I’m sure we can work well in the future.”

Dr. Cross looked somewhat nervous as he tried not to stare at the blonde woman. The smell of the perfume sort of distracts him. Is this the reason why he wanted to work alone? Maybe...But Dr. Cross had other plans.

“Shall we continue the experiment?” Dr. Cross said. The blonde woman smiled and stared at the mad, growling mutants. Dr. Cross stared at them too. He wondered if this was a good idea, having a partner to depend upon. At first, he didn’t like it. Then, he realized how well Dr. Crawford can be capable of doing things out of the ordinary. The Inheritors were gods, who walked among the Earth for centuries. It is this day that the Inheritors will inherit new knowledge in eradicating the mutant race.

To be continued in Voyager X, Chapter 3- The Traitor.

Well, I guess that wasn’t much information about these so-called Inheritors. Is it? Don’t worry, you’ll find more about them in the coming chapters. Next, Henry Kall suspects a traitor among his kind. A traitor you say? No way. Find out in the next chapter of Voyager X.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.