Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Thor: The Asgardian Chronicles, Chapter 25- A Trip to Valhalla

'It was a nice trip to Valhalla," the warrior said to his young student in training. "Yes, it was the one place that I used to remember back in the day when I was almost dead."

"Were you?" The young warrior said.

His teacher frowned. "You don't have to believe me. For I was there, half-dead and..."

"Half-dead?"

"Yes. Half... You know what I mean."

"Hold on a second," The other warrior said. "You said Valhalla only allows dead warriors, who prove being worthy after they died in battle. Completely dead. Isn't that what you said to the others?"

"Hmm... Yes, you're right. But this one was different, and I don't know why."

"Okay..." The young warrior unpacked his bag of food, so he could taste a bite of his delicious apple.

But the warrior who was half-dead, had remembered those days, living in Valhalla for quite a while. He didn't think he could meet him there, the young warrior who had lost his identity.

The storm had set in, and the two Viking warriors had found themselves in the cave as their only shelter. They were bound to report the causalities that happened in the Scandinavian Mountains. It was a brutal experience, even for the young warrior himself.

"What do you suppose happened there?" The young warrior asked his master.

"I think I know what happened. Maybe, it had to do something with that young warrior."

"Like me?"

He laughed. "No. He was... different, I should say."

"I see..."

"Yes. And after that, I was gone. Didn't stay much longer to see what really happened in Valhalla. Because I was..."

"Half-dead?"

"Yes. You could say that I was caught in between two worlds, our world and the afterlife."

"Oh, now I understand."

"I'm glad you did."

There was silence in the cave. Then the young warrior spoke. "What really happened in Valhalla? What did you see?"

"You really want to know?"

"Um... Yes? We got all night, and I'm curious to know what Valhalla looks like."

"Hmm..." The warrior wondered about it. "Well, I'll tell you now. But you must believe me. Promise me that much."

"I... will try."

The warrior sighed. "Anyways, it all started when..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bo found himself in Valhalla. There had been tales, which said that the afterlife provided access for those who were worthy of being a true warrior.

What in the name of the gods? Bo got up from the ground, where he had been lying there for almost like an eternity. He even felt like it.

"Where the hell am I?" He said to nobody else in particular, despite thinking he was alone.

"You're in Valhalla," someone replied.

"What?" Bo suddenly turned towards him. The man was wearing an armor of a Viking. That much Bo knew, and he remembered clearly this man had been with Frode's group.

"Frode... Is he..."

"He's not dead yet, mud boy," the Viking said.

Bo was still angry about the way the warrior called him, even now.

"My name is Bo! And that's final."

"Is that even true? I do remember that Frode gave you that name."

"Um... yes. He did give me the name, because I couldn't remember..."

"Do you still remember now?"

There was silence.

The warrior chuckled. "I suppose not. Well then... I'm sorry I had treated you that way. You were only young and foolish enough to join with the rest of us. But you had proven yourself to be a great warrior."

Bo nodded. "I am honored to hear you say that. But where are the others?"

The Viking pointed towards the castle at the top of the hill.

Bo looked upon it and was in awe.

"I can see the surprised look on your face, Bo. This is where the warriors meet after death, and prepare for something worse."

"Like what?"

"We shall find out soon enough. Follow me."

"Alright." Before Bo made a step forward, he said, "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name before."

"My name is Sten. I was a blacksmith."

"Oh..."

"Yes. Now, let's go and meet the others. Birger, Arluna, and Arne are there. They will be glad to see you."

"I see," Bo said. "So it was true that Valhalla was the afterlife, only reserved for the dead warriors." He just remembered Frode telling him that.

The gates opened themselves. And it seemed like a long path to reach towards the castle. A long way that sometimes even Bo couldn't stand it. But there was no shortcut to get there. After all, they had all the time they needed to walk and chat at the same time.

"Magnificent, isn't it?" Sten said as they finally approached the castle. Bo looked around and stopped when a familiar warrior said, "Hey look! It's mud boy."

Bo sighed. The other two warriors arrived outside and one of them said, "So it is."

"That's enough," Sten said. "Give him some respect. He earned it."

There was silence among the warriors. Bo ignored them and entered the castle. It was huge... Bo looked around as if it were heaven, but it wasn't like that. It was more of a luxurious place, which had been reserved for a person of high nobility. And then the fat cook almost hit him.

"BO!" He hugged the young warrior tightly, and then released him. "My new friend. How good to see you!"

"Yes," Arne said, smiling at him.

Bo looked at the fallen archer. "Arne..." Then he met the warrior woman, Arluna.

"Hello, Bo," she smiled.

"Well..." Bo paused. "This place is... interesting."

"Isn't it?" Birger said excitedly. "I knew Frode was right. I wasn't just a cook. HA! That rascal. I hope he dies, so that we could share our glory together in this wonderful place."

Arne looked at him. "Um... I think it's best you shouldn't be saying that. You know why we are really here?"

Birger just remembered of what Arne had told him before. "Oh... I'm sorry. I was just too excited. I mean... Look at this place. The food, the drinks... Oh, the mighty Odin had spoken. I wonder if we could meet him."

There's that name again, Bo thought.

"Come on, Bo," Arne said. "Let's talk for a while. I need to know what really happened down there."

When they moved to a private space from the rest of the unknown warriors, Bo said, "I'm afraid Frode is still captured by the raiders."

"I knew it," Arne said. "Looks like his plan had been a failure. Well, at least he tried. Even I tried to save him from that big b@$t@rd."

"The deed is done," Bo said. "You did what you had to do. Any friend of Frode's would have done the same. I'm sure of it."

"Yes, you're right. Now that we're here, we must prepare ourselves for the worst."

"And what would that be?" Bo wanted to know.

There was a moment of silence.

But instead of explaining the reason why, Arne said, "We should wait until the Great Odin arrives."

Bo was stunned. "He's coming here?"

"Yes. He will let us know of the news. But haven't Frode told you yet?"

Bo was confused. "Of what?"

Arne was about to say something when he stopped and pointed to someone, coming down the hallway. "It's him."

Bo turned towards the figure. The old man wore a golden armor, which made him look like someone who came from a higher status in a vast kingdom. But never in mind that he would actually meet a Norse god, especially now.

A warrior said, "Hail All-Father, the Great Odin has come!"

The warriors cried out in unison, "HAIL!"

Odin raised his hand and said, "Welcome, fallen warriors. I have seen your battles from Asgard. You are brave enough to stand against a common enemy. Therefore, you must also prepare for what is worst has yet to come."

Bo looked at him. There was something familiar about his face. And he didn't think that a god could lose his right eye, which was strange because gods were immortal, and couldn't get hurt. Or rather heal his injury.

"I can see your troubled faces, when I had mentioned the worst has yet to come. But don't worry, brave warriors. We will fight the enemy together, for he has the greatest army of all. His name is Ragnar."

"General Ragnar?" A Viking warrior said, sounding surprised. "Are you serious? Him? That Scandinavian b@$t@rd!"

Odin sighed. "Yes. It is he who wages a war against the gods such as me. That is why I need you to fight him alongside, for Ragnarok will come. And if he succeeds in this war, he will turn this place into his own domain, and the nine realms shall perish."

The warriors turned towards each other, and spoke in whispers of doubt and uncertainty.

"This doesn't look good," Arne said.

"What is the meaning of this, Arne?" Bo said. "I thought Valhalla is a place like heaven. There shouldn't be a war here."

"I guess you don't remember what Frode had said to you?"

"Not much. He mentioned it was an afterlife, only reserved for the likes of us. That was all."

"I see. Then you should know that there is a great battle here, Bo. Much greater than we had fought those damn raiders."

When Odin's speech was finished, he noticed a young warrior, standing besides Arne. Then he stepped down and walked towards them.

"You must be Bo," Odin said.

"Yes..." Bo bowed down.

Odin raised his hand, again. "That is not necessary, Bo. You are here, and you have proven yourself worthy of a great warrior. But there is one more thing left to do. And you know what that is."

"Yes, I understand."

"Good." Then he looked at Arne and the rest of Frode's group of Viking warriors. "You are all brave men, and even you, Arluna. I thank you for that. Let's prepare us the worst, for Ragnarok is coming."

To be continued in Thor: The Asgardian Chronicles, Chapter 26- The Rise of Ragnarok.

So Bo is dead. Or is he? And what is this about Ragnar waging a war against the Norse gods? Find out in the next chapter of Thor. FOR ODIN! FOR ASGARD!