Marvel Converso: Mordo 1 of 4

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

(Apologies this was written on my phone as I have limited computer access as I've just moved house.)

My arch nemesis Dr Stephen Strange is about to open a portal to unleash an unspeakable horror into this dimension which will essentially turn it into a charnel pit.

I just need him to think he's winning for a little bit longer and mainly as he's bound me with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak I cannot get my hands free to cast a spell.

"If you release Hoggoth into this world Stephen, you die too!"

He looks at me like I'm stupid. "You know nothing of the deal I struck. Now shut up and let me concentrate."

"Once he enters this realm he isn't bound by any promises he made to you," I yell. "Demons, especially the elder ones like the Vishanti, word their promises with l..."

"Be quiet!" strange snaps his fingers and my mouth is bound with a magical gag, just like I hoped he'd do. Risky but it's worked as he's turned back to letting Hoggoth into the world. I let my eyes roll back into my skull and slip into the astral plane which will allow me to stop Strange and Hoggoth and hopefully put them at odds with each other.

"Did you just slip into the astral plane Mordo?" Strange asks turning back to face me and as his hands form the spell of Zhadana Spell of Astral Form Destruction I do my best impression of being terrified.

"Don't Stephen! If you cas..."

"Cast it it will kill you!" He sneers pointing his yellow glove at me. "Oh believe me I know. I've trying to kill you for years."

The lime green faerie sparkles rip into my astral form and triggers the contingency spell I set up years ago.

"Where have you gone?!?" Strange roars as he hears the unexpected pop sound which should really sound like me screaming in agonising pain.

"I'm still here Stephen," I tell him as I take possession of his body. "But in control of your body and mind, but more importantly your voice. So sit back and let me show you why I'm the Sorceror Supreme and you are just a two bit charlatan."

With a snap of Stephen's fingers I collapse he spells holding my physical form and turn back to the portal that Hoggoth is on the other side. By the gods he's ugly.

"RELEASE ME STRANGE!" The evil monster from beyond bellows in all languages simultaneously.

"The deal is over you old wind bag" I say in Stephen's voice. "All your promises are lies upon lies."

<I will kill you Mordo!> Stephen screams in my conscience, he's fighting to regain control.

<You keep saying that> I access Stephen's impressive spell list. I could use these dark magicks myself but that begins a slippery slope of corruption because the darkness doesn't let you be a casual user. But by using Stephen I can circumvent.

"I WILL DEVOUR YOU STRANGE!" Hoggoth roars as he thumps the portal making the air ripple like a large rock dropped into a small pond.

"One can only hope." I cast Bromagdon's Banishment upon the portal. To a lesser demon this would permanently prevent entry to this dimension forever but alas Hoggoth is no mere demon. Still it'll send him scampering back to his hovel; a definite whack on his hideous maggot infested nostrils. Hoggoth screams more out of wounded pride than pain but the banishment sends him packing just as Stephen reasserts control of his body and mind sending me back to mine.

"You stupid insufferable fool! Do you have any idea what you've done?"

"Saved the universe and made your boss extremely unhappy with you?" I reply as I slip my form back on like a comfortable old suit. Stephen's hands crackle with energy, amped up by his anger.

"I'd save your magic, since Hoggoth will soon tell Agamotto and the other stupid demon who gift you power about your betrayal..."

A bolt of energy flies towards me but is easily deflected as I cast a Shield of Seraphim around me.

"Temper temper Stephen."

"You will rue this day Mordo! I will have my revenge and feed your heart to Hoggoth!" Spittle flies from the angered magicians mouth as he teleports away. I could stop him but I fear after humiliating him he'd possibly kill me and I have no desire to die on a Wednesday morning before breakfast. I look around the forecourt of the Palace of Governors here in Santa Fe to see they are none the wiser about their near destruction.

"That was awesome!"

I spy a young man who has obviously been drinking from the night before looking at me in utter amazement.

"Gonna post that $#!¥ online!" He declared tapping his cell phone as he sways a little. I smile and cast a spell into his phone changing it from electronic to edible. He hasn't done anything wrong but I can't really have my exploits broadcast to the world as it would diminish my role. I watch as he gazes at the warm cookie phone in his hand.

"Wow!"

"Have a good night sir," I tell him as I vanish in a cloud of smoke to reappear in my home away from home; Blecker Street in the East Village. It is no Transylvania but it is very cosmopolitan. Entering my sanctum sanctorum I see the Book of Cagliostro open to a page that I've never seen. What I see chills my balding head along with my soul: the dead rising under the command of Daniel Drumm.

"Daniel Drumm is dead," I say aloud mainly to reassert the fact I know this too be true because I was the one who killed him

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Very, very nice. Really enjoyed this and the way you're handling the mystical side of the universe. Mordo trying to remain out of the public limelight is a very nice touch and the way he goes about it is probably my favourite part of the issue. I like how both our series are giving our main characters homes away from home that are original.

You are forgiven for writing this on your phone. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Hmm like the Voodoo aspect at the end, really worked well as a foil against the heroic baron

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@batkevin74: Not bad, not bad at all:)

I will make a library page ASAP. You have a image you would like to be used for the Mordo series?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Thanks. I do have a pic but the phone won't upload it, so I'll send it when I get home

@impurestcheese: Yeah the hoodoo about voodoo that I do might prove too be...I ran out of puns. Zombie action coming up next issue!

@tommythehitman: Moving house limited my interweb access so the phone was the only option. I too like that Mordo tries to keep what he does quiet, mainly as everyone doesn't need to know giant hellbeasts are trying to take over

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: You remind me of the man, you know that?

What man, why the man with the power...

Loading Video...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8 wildvine  Moderator

At least I know who the bad guy is in this one.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TommytheHitman
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3