ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Missed Last Issue? Catch up here

Want more Marvel Converso Action? Click here to visit the library.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Liverpool Ferry Terminal - 13:49PM

Spyne spun round, his reptilian hands on the trigger of the Coach Gun and fired, the shell launched vaporising a floating lump of concrete right in Cassidy’s face, dust caking the Irish man’s angry features, and more importantly the inner layer of his throat. Falling to the floor, now silent Cassidy removed a syringe from his coat pocket and flipped it deftly in his hand, before lunging forward towards Spyne, the needle’s silver tip shining.

“Oh come now ye shtate, afraid of a little prick?” Cassidy cackled, as Spyne back-pedalled away from his attacker.

“Last thing I need is to catch something from you.” Spyne grumbled, as Suee intercepted Cassidy, tackling him to the ground, only for her target to blast her with a close range sonic blast. Turning his powers on Spyne, he watched as the reptilian mutant fell to his knees, blood pouring down his face. Advancing on his victim, Cassidy stabbed down with the syringe, his target catching the blow just in time, and stabbing the needle into the floor, the tip breaking.

“Oh now that’s no fun boyo.” Cassidy lamented in between screams, as he pulled his arm back, his victim getting weaker and weaker with every second he was exposed to the high frequency noise. Eventually Spyne collapsed to the floor, his eyes bleeding as Cassidy gave him a swift kick in the head before stomping down on his skull, the already weakened bone cracking under the blow.

“Get off him!!” Suee snapped, as she pulled a dagger out of the holdall she had brought to the battle, the blade sheering off into twenty identical copies, each one phasing through Cassidy’s body, the magical onslaught causing him to shudder with an unseen chill. “The Spires of Skardi will freeze your soul, and now…now I will consume it!!” She boomed, as she anointed herself with a glowing silver substance, one that caused the purple henna tattoos on her hands to glow silver. “Gates of Nightmare, raise up and take this basted!!” She boomed in an inhuman voice, one that caused the entire room to glow with silver flames before Cassidy fell downwards into a gleaming void towards a grinning face down below, its mouth wide open as it swallowed him whole.

“Bloody Hell.” Cassidy swore, as he opened his eyes to see himself still in the ferry port, still alive despite the torrent of sweat rolling off him. “That’s the worst blooming trip I’ve ever been on.” He stated, as he let loose a scream, one that struck Suee, but not with the same force his previous attacks had. “You did a number on me wagon, but don’t worry this little ditty never fails to get results.” He added, as he started humming ‘the Wearing of the Green’, the sonic oscillation causing Suee to tremble, blood mixed with vomit leaking out of her mouth. “Nobody gets to the second chorus love, you and the shtate fought bleeding hard I’ll give you that.” He added, as Spyne’s tongue snaked across the floor towards his feet.

“Fight…isn’t…over…yet.” Suee hissed in pain as her teammates tongue looped round Cassidy’s feet and dragged him back to its owner, the humming turning into a scream of disgust and surprise, and then to horror as Spyne crunched down on his back, the Irish man’s spine snapping before he was slammed to the floor with enough impact to crack what was left of the floor.

“Now it is!” Spyne grumbled, as Cassidy fell unconscious. “I could use a pint of Shepard’s Neme, or you know maybe a keg.” He grumbled as he fell to his knees, Suee slipping down beside him, her tattoos still gleaming silver.

“Make it two.” She sighed. “Director, this is Lotus, Hostile Bravo neutralised, awaiting pick-up, and you know make it quick.”

Princess of the Seas, The Mouth of the Mersey - 14:02PM

Zaran released the arrow in his bow at the woman quickly sauntering down the passenger mall deck towards the life-boats, only for the tanned dark haired woman dressed in brown chinos and a black T-Shirt with the Mad Thinker emblazoned on the front saying ‘Awesome’ to spin round and catch the bolt, a faint green aura visable for a few seconds before the interception.

“Molly Fitzgerald you are under arrest for terrorism related offences.” Zaran stated, as he knocked another arrow, only for his adversary to draw a handguns from a concealed shoulder holster and open fire, the bullets ripping through the mall but missing their targets. Surging forward Lilly tackled Fitzgerlad, only for the Irish woman to duck under the blow and lift the sprinting over her shoulder onto the floor before firing a wild shot, one that smashed through the sky-light. Screaming in pain, Lilly leapt out of the illuminated patch and slid into one of the stores careening through several bottles of perfume and cosmetics.

“Anyone else want to test me luck?” Fitzgerald chirped as Sneed fired a bolt of electricity from his Shockwave suit, across the floor and into the young woman’s body, her fingers speaking on the trigger and firing, the bullet arching up and cutting through the support chain of a fancy chandelier, the light fitting crashing to the floor, just missing Zaran as he fired again, the bow string snapping as he pulled back, the bolt skidding across the floor.

“I will!!” Lilly hissed, as she pounced once again, her attack catching Fitzgerald off balance and knock her to the floor. Reaching to her left, Fitzgerald picked up one of the bolts and stabbed it into the vampire’s throat, her attackers skin burning causing Lilly to recoil enough for her target to escape.

“We only have nine minutes remaining, I don’t know how we’re going to stop her and the bombs in time.” Sneed stated, as he grabbed Fitzgerald by the wrist, only for the electroshock function of his suit to spark out. Straining to free herself, Molly slammed her fist down hard on the chest of the Shockwave suit, the impact causing the entire hand to detach.

“She trust’s her luck.” Zaran hissed, as he rushed in a sai clenched in his hand. Dodging left to avoid the swipe, Molly watched as her attacker slammed something down on her wrist with his over hand before she impacted with the floor. “And I trusted mine, that crazy thing is a quantum field regulator supplied to us by Mys-Tech. It’s designed to interact with an outcome’s probability and cut it to its lowest point.” He explained, as Fitzgerald tapped the bracelet wrapped around her left hand, only to get a painful electric shock. “It packs a defensive wallop too, but enough about that!!” He snarled as Lilly trotted over her face covered with what looked like bad sunburn. “Let’s talk about the explosive case of food poisoning you’re responsible for.”

“Bite me!!” Fitzgerald hissed, as Lilly flashed a menacing smile, her eyes gleaming as she looked into the Irish terrorist’s eyes.

“Don’t tempt me,” She purred, her words sounding soft and inviting, “now tell me what the disarming code for your explosives is.”

“I...it….it…twenty…for….four…nineteen…sixteen.” Fitzgerald grunted, her voice sounding as if she had endured months of torture, the words forcing themselves out of her despite her intentions.

“The date of the Easter Uprising, figures.” Sneed snorted, as he tapped something into his gauntlet before breathing a sigh of relief. “It worked I’m in her network. Twenty seconds and every-one of those bombs is offline.”

“What about their removal?” Lilly asked.

“It should sought itself out in a day or so.” Sneed replied.

“Ugh.” Lilly hissed, as Zaran cuffed Fitzgerald. “Director, Hostile Sierra is in custody and the bombs are diffused. I repeat Operation Merseyside is complete. Director…”

“Director Jaspers has been relieved of duty for gross negligence.” The voice on the other end of the line stated. “Return to base for debriefing, if you’re lucky you won’t be charged along with him.”

“Who was that?” Sneed asked cautiously.

“Brigadier Stuart, something’s happened to the Director.” Lilly gasped. “And it’s about to happen to us!”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice ending to an action packed first arc. This series just doesn't seem to stop in terms of pulse pounding scenes.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: holdall and basted!!” Fourth paragraph. Not sure if they're typos or made up words or something unfamiliar to Australian eyes. Holder and bastard maybe?

Brigadier Stuart...nice little Dr Who nod there :)

What was Cassidy trying to inject anyway? I'm not really sure. Good chapter, wonder who has taken control of MI-whatever

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ah yes, bastard is correct, holder isn't.

I can hold all my equipment in this holdall
I can hold all my equipment in this holdall

And yes the character is indeed a nod to Doctor Who and yet is still a character still owned by Marvel, curious.

Well Cassidy is a known user of something with an M, a G and an H.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

@impurestcheese: Great ending to this first arc. I am looking forward to the next issue and what is coming for the team.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tdk_1997: Thanks, and the answer is endless bureaucracy