Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- A Friend in Need

Dear Friend,

I am in need of your help. I have been looking everywhere for you. You see, those school bullies have attacked me... again. I don't know how much longer it would take, and I even tried to hit them back. I just wanted you to know that. But if you don't, then it's your fault. You have been my best friend. My only friend. Heck, we don't even talk to each other that much. How's that for one?

Ever since I met you for the first time, I didn't realize what you were. But I do know this... That you ain't human. Nope. You just crawled from somewhere else. Only God knows, and that I got scared all of a sudden. But you were all right. If I hadn't met you, I would have been beaten so many times, that I might end up in the hospital. Or even dead. Thanks to you, I felt safe.

My whole life changed because of you. You were... what can I say... different? I don't know what to call you. Jesus Christ, I don't even know your name. Can you believe that? I forgot to ask your name. Anyways, you were the best. I liked you. A lot. But you don't come out in daylight. I can understand that.

I need your help, my dear friend. I can see that you killed a bully of mine. Long time ago, he used to make fun of me. Bad words, this and that. But I never realized that you were going to kill him. Jesus... what can I say? I didn't expect that. I should have told you not to kill him, and just scare him off.

Anyways, what's done is done. I just hope his body wasn't found, and that you might have done something with it. But the thing is that I wanted you to come and help me. I'm not saying you should kill them. I just wanted you to scare them off and never bully me again. Sure, I wish I could kill them myself. But no, I'm a devout Christian. My parents used to tell me, love thy enemies. Jesus Christ. What kind of a world we're living in? How you're supposed to love your enemies when they do something wrong to you? Give them a hug? That's... That's kinda gay, don't you think?

Please come, my dear friend. I came over to your house. I looked down at the basement to see if you were still there. But then I have noticed something out of the ordinary. It looked like a... a coffin of some sort. Don't mind my stutter. Ever since I was a kid, I used to stutter all the time. I'm alright now. It's just that I'm scared. You know... I'm not scared of you. It's just... what can I say? It's scary down there to think that you're entirely alone. All by yourself. What do you eat, anyways? I saw your fridge, and noticed a bunch of jars with red liquid on them. Are those cranberry juices? You know, my grandpa used to tell me, he made lots of cranberry juices in his time. Oh yeah. That's the time, I used to drink a lot of cranberry juice. You couldn't imagine how much I had to piss over the farm. Jesus Christ. My mother saw me, and then punished me for defiling the land of God. Don't worry. I didn't drink your juice. It would be rude enough not to ask for permission, since you weren't there, of course.

I have waited for you. I don't know how long I could stand against my enemies. It felt like I have waited for a couple of years now. It was day time. Your coffin was there alright. It was hard to open. But I'm not sure what it was used for. Or even why you kept it there. Anyways, I have waited for you. But you never came. So, I went back home.

Days have passed, and I still got bullied. I even tried hugging them. Guess what they called me. Gay. That's right. GAY! Dear Lord. What the hell am I going to do? You better come back quick. I really need your help.

Yours sincerely,

John Bamber

The kid wearing a black hoodie, looked at the paper. He crumpled it, and then tossed it on the waste basket. It was a long time that he hanged around with John Bamber. The hooded kid was just like him. Until one day, he got bitten by a thing. A thing of darkness that just came out of nowhere. And from that point on, the hunger kept coursing through his veins. Full of cravings. Blood cravings. The kid always had them.

A normal kid wouldn't dare to touch him. Even a kid like John Bamber himself. He thought about John all the time. Should he listen to him? No, he didn't have to. He had other places to go. There were other people to look out for, drink their blood and live the life of an ordinary citizen in sweet, hot Texas. He was careful about the sun. The rising heat almost burned his skin when he tried to open his black hoodie. He had to cover himself from the light. He slept in the coffin like a baby. John Bamber came to his house one day, and didn't realize he was sleeping the whole time. He had no idea of whom he was messing with. What a dumbo. It sure had beaten the hell out of him.

The hooded kid had a name. He sure recalled his name, but it wasn't exactly clear. He knew what he was, and what he could do. But he still couldn't remember any of it. The past was gone like the wind. Yes, it was gone all right. But what could he do to bring them back? He knew he had a normal life before he got turned into this... this thing of darkness. He was still craving for blood. He craves and craves...

He imagined having a normal life. Like everybody else, he had one. But when he became the thing of darkness, he couldn't do anything about it. He had to lie low and escape from the law at every turn. He had to kill people. There was no other choice. So, what did it matter to him? Did he really care about John Bamber? Would he able to drink his blood? He wasn't sure. He didn't talk to him much, anyways. So, why should he care?

He stepped out of his home, and walked down the lonely streets of Texas. The cold wind blew half of his face. Along the way, the drunkards looked at him. They laughed. The hooded kid didn't do anything. He didn't want to create a scene. If he did, it would have been a bloodbath. He planned to kill a single human. One by one.

He reached John's home. John must be sleeping at this time of night. The hooded kid threw a rock at the window. Several throws, and John finally woke up. He opened the window and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John and the hooded kid hanged around at the farm. The hooded kid mentioned to John that he had read the letter. He promised that he wouldn't kill the bullies. Finally, he said something to him. John was not surprised.

Now John didn't have to worry about anything. In fact, he will be tougher than the bullies themselves. The hooded friend told John to follow him.

It took several miles to reach the bully's residence. He told John to wait outside. Then, he jumped high over the fence. John waited...

A few minutes later, there was a scream. John stood back and then fell down. He tried to get up, but felt like something terrible was holding him back.

The hooded kid dragged the bully from his house. The bully cried out for help, but the hooded kid covered his mouth. Luckily, his parents went out for the time being.

The bully stopped struggling when he saw John Bamber. He wanted to hit him again. But he was scared that the hooded kid might do something to him. The white fangs were clearly shown in the upper teeth. That scared the bully.

The hooded kid uncovered the bully's mouth. "Please... Please... Don't hurt me. John, tell him."

John stood and looked at the hooded kid for a while. He told him to leave the bully alone. But the hooded kid was not satisfied. His hunger was growing...

The hooded kid was about to bite the bully's throat. But John stopped him.

"No! Don't hurt him! That's enough!"

The hooded kid stepped away from the bully. He left them. John called out to him several times, but there was no sound. He was gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days, John had not been bullied, because they were scared of him. The rest of his class wondered how he was able to beat them. John said this.

"It was an angel from heaven. God sent him down to help me. Amen!"

Next Story- The L/V Word.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited