Marvel Graphic Novel Collection (UK)

skyjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi there,

I've been using the app for some time now but I'm new to the website. I wondered if there was anything against creating a page for the Marvel Grpahic Novel Collection from the UK. I have several issues and I would really like to add them to my collection in the app. Somehow they aren't in the database or I can't find them.

And can someone tell me where to add it. Should I make a wiki page for this as a volume and see every book as an issue? That seems the most logical way. Or should I add every book from the collection seperately?

Thanks for the help,

Love Sandra

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@skyjack: go ahead and add them if you'd like, the volume would come first and then the collected editions as issues as you thought.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Youmika

A question about this series. I've got quite a few myself and I got very confused while adding these to my collection. (I thought they were numbered wrongly, but now I understand where the issue numbers come from)

There's two numbers on every HC, one for the issue number (the order in which they were released) is only found on a removable sticker that's on the outside of the cover. There's no further mention of issues inside the HC's. So once you remove the outer plastic you'll never be able to relate your HC issue to the number offered in the database. Also on your shelf you'll never have them in issue number order.

Then there's the number that's on the spine of each book, the order in which they will make you the nice picture that's on the volume page.

It's much easier to find the issues you're looking for if the number that's on the spine of the book is listed also, (either as the 'issue number' - this would make them the easiest to find, or as the 'issue name' just before the actual title of the HC). Posting the spine number as issue number will also have the advantage of making the list in reading order (like Astonishing X-Men Gifted =36 and Astonishing X-Men Dangerous =37).

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: The number that was on the sticker should be the one used in the database with a note about the second number in the description or issue title if applicable, the sticker number should be the number they were released in chronological order unless you've seen anything to indicate otherwise. A note should also be included in the volume description to let users know about the "dual" numbering.

For some reason Marvel likes doing these weird number schemes for regional (Germany, France, Spain, Italy, UK) Marvel Graphic Novel collections, here in the US they do similar for the various Epic Collections, it is a branding used for thick trades for various characters and teams, they are released as stand alone collections with their own unique names but if you see the spine they each get their own number but they are not released in any kind of order, I believe the first one that was released was number 11, the highest number I've seen so far was in the 70's I think, really bizarre but supposedly they will form some kind of timeline on a bookshelf.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: same publisher, potentially the two series may actually use the same dual numbering for all the volumes.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7