• 68 results
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By courtney12490

A lot of people just PM the mods when they see something offensive in a post. There is a flagging system in place. 

Q:
 When is it OK to flag something? 
A:  If there are expletives, aka swears, that aren't spelled like this: a$$ or some variation on that, then flag the post. If there is a derogatory term insulting somebody's sexual preference, race, religion, gender or anything among those lines, then flag away. If a user is spamming threads, whether it be with advertisements, much like is seen on youtube (this is NOT allowed, the site can get in big trouble and it creates a whole mess for the staff), or if somebody is randomly posting "goku stompppps" in random battle threads that have nothing to do with goku, then feel free to flag the post. If somebody posts an explicit picture or video in a thread, then flag that post, this is a child-friendly site with young users and hentai and anything sexually explicit is NOT allowed. If somebody creates a spite thread in the battles forum, don't post in it and go "this is spite," flag the original post and a Mod will check it out and see if it needs to be locked. If the thread is in the wrong forum, then flag the OP and one of the Mods will check it out. If somebody is being threatened in a non-kidding manner then please, please flag that post and DO NOT respond to the threat, let the Moderators deal with it. And remember, when you flag something you might not see any immediate action it DOES NOT mean that action is not being taken, the Mods deal with flagged posts over pm.

Q: When is it NOT OK to flag something? 
A: Just because you don't agree with something, it does not mean you get to flag it. That is an abuse of the flagging system. An example would be if you are in a Storm vs basically anybody thread, and you don't agree with what some of the fanboys are saying. If you don't think that Storm wins, then provide a valid argument, don't flag somebody's post just because you don't think they're correct. 

Q: What if I didn't mean to flag something? 
A: When you hit the flag button, a box will pop up asking you "Are you sure you want to flag this item? This action cannot be undone." you then have the option of clicking "OK" or "Cancel." If you choose to click "OK" there is no going back, and a message will be sent to the Mods alerting them to the flagged post, which they will review. After reviewing they will decide if action is necessary and if it is, they will either lock the thread (if it is a dupe thread) or warn whichever user it was.

Q: What happens if my post is flagged? 
A: If your post is flagged and the Mods deem it necessary, then you will receive a warning. If you keep making trouble the Mods will either A. give you a forum ban or B. (depending on how bad it is) give you the dreaded IP ban. An IP ban means that you can no longer log in to the site and you can't make a new account. 

Karma Points   
When you flag a post, both you and the poster receive a "karma point." If a Mod determines that the post was rightfully flagged then both users keep their karma points. However, if a Mod determines that the post was flagged just for the heck of it then the person whose post was flagged will lose their karma point, but you, the flagger will keep yours. If you reach a total of 5 karma points you will lose your ability to flag posts and a message will pop up telling you to pm a Mod. If a user reaches 10 karma points, then you lose your ability to post on the site. However, at the end of every day all users lose 1 karma point.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Very nice. This really should be copied and integrated into the Official Site Rules and FaQ thread.

I'd also like to add that more then likely when a Mod deals with a flagged post, it will be over a PM. So even though you (the person who flagged the post/user) do not see any immediate action, it does not mean action has not been taken :)

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian
@Gambler said:
"I'd also like to add that more then likely when a Mod deals with a flagged post, it will be over a PM. So even though you (the person who flagged the post/user) do not see any immediate action, it does not mean action has not been taken :) "
That is a good addition.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

That was very resourceful

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame:  You have 5 karma points already. You have to wait for your points to drop off.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By courtney12490
@Edamame: 1. then contact the mods by pm and 2. report it in the bug-reporting forum if it hasn't been reported already
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By courtney12490
@Nobody said:
" @Gambler said:
"I'd also like to add that more then likely when a Mod deals with a flagged post, it will be over a PM. So even though you (the person who flagged the post/user) do not see any immediate action, it does not mean action has not been taken :) "
That is a good addition. "
i just edited the OP to include that, and thank you for adding it to the main rules thread, it's good to know that i'm contributing important stuff to the site :D
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

How many Karma points do I have 0.o *paranoia takes hold*

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Edamame said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Edamame:  You have 5 karma points already. You have to wait for your points to drop off. "
Umm...   karma points?  

Oh, boy.

@courtney12490 said:
" @Edamame: 1. then contact the mods by pm and 2. report it in the bug-reporting forum if it hasn't been reported already "
I know about contacting the mods by pm, but I would prefer to use the flag button. So, I will go to the bug-reporting forum and say that my flag button is broken.  "
Its not broken. It means you've flagged several posts that the Moderators didnt act upon/think needed to be flagged. You have 5 karma points meaning you cant flag anymore posts until they go down. Its not a bug.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Son_of_Magnus:  4

@Edamame: Its suppose to drop one a day. Maybe you should be more selective with the posts you flag? I'll reset it.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame:  They should have dropped off already...
davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16  Edited By davidkenneth

I think you got that last part wrong, it doesn't make sense the way you wrote it.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler:  I did not realize how many laws I broke if this was high school I'd have all the babes
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" How many Karma points do I have 0.o *paranoia takes hold* "
1 away from being banned...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Nobody: I never get any warnings
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Martian
@Son_of_Magnus:  We have to make an example of someone :)
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Gambler:  I did not realize how many laws I broke if this was high school I'd have all the babes "

LOL I doubt it has anything to do with you breaking the rules. Its more likely you've flagged at least 5 posts that the Mods didnt think were worth flagging. Thats my guess anyway.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Nobody said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  We have to make an example of someone :) "
lol
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Edamame said:
"

@Gambler said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  4

@Edamame: Its suppose to drop one a day. Maybe you should be more selective with the posts you flag? I'll reset it. "
????  Then why does it still not work?   "
Wha? I dont understand what you're trying to say here?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Edamame said:
" @Gambler: My apologies.  I guess I need to get some rest. LOL.    I am still befuddled as to how it works.  : (      "
Its all good. I just didnt get what your last post was asking is all. My advice would be, if you're going to flag a post make sure its worth while.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@courtney12490: nice work!
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame said:
" @Gambler: Well, I haven't flagged anything in three weeks and I just tried to flag something now, and it did not work. It said to pm the moderators instead.  : (   "
You should be good to go. You don't have any karma points now.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Edamame said:
" @Gambler: Well, I haven't flagged anything in three weeks and I just tried to flag something now, and it did not work. It said to pm the moderators instead.  : (   "
You're now at zero so it should work. But I'm not sure why your karma points did not reset themselves after such a long time.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame said:
" @Nobody: May I ask what exactly karma points are and how they work and what not? "
Whenever you flag a post or have a post flagged you are given 1 karma point. Once you reach 5 karma points, you can no longer flag posts. If you reach 10 Karma points, you will no longer beable to make posts. Karma points removed by:
  • Your post was flagged, but a Mod determined nothing was wrong with it.
  • At the end of each day.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Nobody: Wait am I one point from being banned from Comicvine all together or one point from losing my flagging privileges?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame:  A single user can only flag the same post once. Your post can be flagged by multiple users though.

@Son_of_Magnus: I was just messing with you. But you are at 4 points, so one more and you won't beable to flag anymore posts until you have a point drop off.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Nobody:  You will come to learn I am very gullible I am not a good poker partner =P
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Martian
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Nobody:  You will come to learn I am very gullible I am not a good poker partner =P "
I'll keep that in my for my future reference :P
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame:  Well...since you get a karma point when you flag  a post, they can only flag you 5 times before they lose that ability. And if a  Mod determines that the post is okay, you will have all those points drop off while they keep theirs. Its a pretty fair system.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By courtney12490
@davidkenneth said:
" I think you got that last part wrong, it doesn't make sense the way you wrote it. "
what doesn't make sense?
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By danhimself

man I'm surprised that I've never ran out of flags cause I flag posts like it's going out of style...that's right if you're reading this then I was the one who flagged your post...that'll teach you to do whatever it is that you did so don't do it anymore....GOT THAT?????

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By courtney12490
@Gambler said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Edamame:  You have 5 karma points already. You have to wait for your points to drop off. "
Umm...   karma points?  

Oh, boy.

@courtney12490 said:
" @Edamame: 1. then contact the mods by pm and 2. report it in the bug-reporting forum if it hasn't been reported already "
I know about contacting the mods by pm, but I would prefer to use the flag button. So, I will go to the bug-reporting forum and say that my flag button is broken.  "
Its not broken. It means you've flagged several posts that the Moderators didnt act upon/think needed to be flagged. You have 5 karma points meaning you cant flag anymore posts until they go down. Its not a bug. "
it was my mistake, i replied to the post before refreshing the page and didn't see Nobody's response
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By courtney12490
@Nobody: how many karma points do i have?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Martian
@courtney12490:  You also  have 4 points.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame said:
" @Nobody: Do you mind if I do a test run of just one flag to see if it works?  "
I wouldn't. Its going to give someone else a Karma point. Just if you attempt to flag a post and it still doesn't work, pm one of the Moderators so they can see whats going on.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By courtney12490
@Nobody: : (
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Martian
@courtney12490 said:
" @Nobody: : ( "
1 should be dropping off soon.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame said:
" @Nobody: Some of the moderators don't respond to my pms though.  Is that considered good manners?  Should I simply pm other moderators? "
Well, I will always respond to you. Sadly, I'm going to be out for a couple weeks so I won't beable to respond for a little while. The other moderators should be willing to help you out though if you are having a problem.