Zoom vs The Avengers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@beware_my_power: Ok. well zoom does beat hulk.

But as i said strange is in a whole other world possibly literally.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here would have a chance in hell of ever perceiving Zoom. None of the avengers have the reaction speed to ever tag him or dodge his hits. Zoom could let go a couple of snaps and half of them are knocked out. The rest he just has to hit and run them to death. Zoom was a blur to a severely amped Wall West, if he doesn't want them to hurt him they won't and they have no defense for his attacks because they can't see it coming.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humannumber: strange has autoshields IIRC, refer to dratini if you need the details...

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without question, Zoom II (if that who the OP meant) is immensely fast as he controls how fast he moves along the time line...he is always out of sync with the current timeline, as that are how his powers work. In a random encounter, with no prep, not seeing how anyone on team Avengers can react to Zoom, who moves through time.

On the other, once Zoom II mops the floor with all the other Avengers, he has to figure out what to do with the Sentry. I assume we are also talking about current Sentry, who really cannot be killed. An argument could be made that Zolomon could time BFR Sentry...but for how long, as we know he has come back from time BFR by Morgan Le Fay. Really not seeing what Zolomon can do to permanently put DSS down. An argument might be made that he could go for the knockout by striking him a 100 times in 0 seconds? Not sure if that is feasible with current Death Seed Sentry as he appears to have terrific damage soak.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: yeah especially since i was reminded of strange's auto-shielding :P

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Beware_My_Power
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@batmanfanboy: yeah especially since i was reminded of strange's auto-shielding :P

yeah..team wins lol

I dont want to know what would happen to zoom if strange used some spell to stop zoom from moving infront of luke and hulk omg

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: We're using a comparison made by someone who has taken a full on Superman punch though, Wonder Woman. He can definitely take Hulk from his feats and from what he's shown. I recall having a scan of him saying something along the lines of "Time is 0" to wally, but I can't find it :(

Anyways, he can't deal with the other 2. As I said, I don't think he wins this thread. More specifically, he can't deal with Strange due to auto-shielding and Strange's abilities to also manipulate time. Wanda's a glass canon though, so he could potentially take her.

@dratini1331: hell now I'm underestimating Hunter lol

:P

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: I'm not sure, I don't usually debate strange, but he can manipulate time, similarly to Alan Scott. I'd side with magic more often than not in this specific case. Since Hunter can't vibrate through things, he likely won't be braking the shields.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: I would rather wait to see evidence of how strong these shields are before people get ahead of themselves because Zoom has the ability to easily throw hundreds of punches near instantly, what's to say he can't overwhelm these shields?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: Also, Sentry is a whole can of nonsense, where he can't die unless she wants to, and basically beats himself, or becomes deity. I don't know whether Zolomon could efficiently beat sentry.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Wonder woman has been hit by supes but not full power.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: She has. Maxwell Lord's illusion made him believe he was fighting Doomsday, and caused him to blitz her to the sun, and then punch her back to earth. He was also out to kill. during the same arc he trashed Batman, and was stated to have unusually high levels of strategic thinking.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: that's respectfully a different arc than the one zoom hit wonder woman in though lol

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Beware_My_Power
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Dratini1331

@beware_my_power: Zoom's pretty ridiculous

@dratini1331: that's respectfully a different arc than the one zoom hit wonder woman in though lol

Meh, It's still an experience she has in the time line, it's also not the only time she's faced an all out superman. Either way, good to see people finally in some semblance of agreement and not posting memes anymore ^_^

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Dratini1331

@beware_my_power: how fast are those shields at autoing when it comes to Zoom?

That's the exact debate I wish to avoid. It's usually pretty fruitless, which is why I just assume they're always on unless PIS is happening, make my life easier :P

@captnmcdeadpool: sentry isnt in this battle...

OH HE IS!!!!????? :O

I had the exact same reaction XD

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: still at that point i could disregard everything and talk about when Lobo hooked flash in the head lol

That was ridiculous though,had the superman fights been in the same story line or near that time then I would take this all serious.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batmanfanboy: I'm going to try and explain why Zoom wins this fight.

Zoom is far faster than light: This is not in dispute; Wally who is also much faster than light couldn't percieve him as more than a blur; he can move and fight at these speeds. This means when he attacks at those speeds he is hitting with what is commonly called the IMP (Infinite Mass Punch) if you don't know when objects (in this case his fist) hit something when in motion the force it hits with is correspondingly magnified. At light speed Zoom is hitting Hulk with more force than anyone he's ever encountered. In the second or two that it takes Hulk to bring his hands together (assuming he's even aware of Hunter blitzing him) he's been punched millions of times with that force. Hulks durability isn't high enough to tank that kind of assualt.

Now the points you brought up about Hulks weight are largely irrelevent (because the force Zoom is generating is so many times greater than Hulks mass or anything he's tanked before, he can't even set and brace himself because as his muscles are contracting he's being punched, as he's forming the thought to do so he's being punched etc. In the same vein any attempts at a counterattack or a preemptive one as you claimed he would do with some kind of AOE attack are futile, he's not fast enough, not even close, not on his best day.

A little nugget for you; When I first joined comicvine I saw this post by a user called Lady Liberty:

I think the problem is that people don't understand the three unwritten rules of comic vine.

They are in order.

I. Zoom Solos.

II. Majestic Solos.

III. Mightnighter Solos.

Once you understand these three things, then will be able to create much better balanced battles.

There's a reason (and a good deal of truth) for that, Zoom is on a completely different level from Hulk WB or not.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: i would post a mortal kombat "friendship" pic, but i dont have a computer in the tardis... :(

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Nah he beats hulk but I was just trying to get the focus on hulk so everyone would see how much effort it would take for him to do so so they could all think about DOCTOR STRANGE who is spite because he would fart death on zoom.

but only because he is Antonio Banderas in disguise

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#177  Edited By DeathandGrim

so we're in agreement? Zoom rapes?

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: zoom beats hulk but not the team,strange is wayy to OP for zoom to even mess with.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331:

still at that point i could disregard everything and talk about when Lobo hooked flash in the head lol

That was ridiculous though,had the superman fights been in the same story line or near that time then I would take this all serious.

psssh, Wally's also been tagged by Deathstroke on a few occasions. The story arcs were also around the same time

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman:_Sacrifice

http://www.comicvine.com/the-flash-219-truth-or-dare-part-1/4000-123919/

Both occurring in the year 2005, though the WW v Zoom actually came first. Learn something new everyday :)

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: Despite his time manipulation,dimensional control he could just possess Zoom or worse,not to mention auto shields ect.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:

Nah he beats hulk but I was just trying to get the focus on hulk so everyone would see how much effort it would take for him to do so so they could all think about DOCTOR STRANGE who is spite because he would fart death on zoom.

Strange looses as well; he faces the same problem Hulk faces, he's not fast enough. Before he can think to slow and or manipulate time to put him on Zoom's level he's already out. I'd like to know more about the autoshields; but I'm willing to bet they haven't withstood the force Zoom is bringing to the table.

@beatboks1 You are one of if not the go to guy as far as mystical characters go on the vine...how strong are current Stranges autoshields?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy said:

@sovereign91001:

Nah he beats hulk but I was just trying to get the focus on hulk so everyone would see how much effort it would take for him to do so so they could all think about DOCTOR STRANGE who is spite because he would fart death on zoom.

Strange looses as well; he faces the same problem Hulk faces, he's not fast enough. Before he can think to slow and or manipulate time to put him on Zoom's level he's already out. I'd like to know more about the autoshields; but I'm willing to bet they haven't withstood the force Zoom is bringing to the table.

For all he's faced; I don't think he's dealt with an opponent who can attack faster than thought.

@beatboks1 You are one of if not the go to guy as far as mystical characters go on the vine...how strong are current Stranges autoshields?

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The op doesn't specify which Strange it is but anyway he apparently can take a blast from galactus and it was so strong it still caused in earthquake on earth. that gives him more than enough time to either vanish zoom or possess him.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive spite! Zoom takes out the entire team with little effort.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By DeathandGrim

@batmanfanboy said:
No Caption Provided

The op doesn't specify which Strange it is but anyway he apparently can take a blast from galactus and it was so strong it still caused in earthquake on earth. that gives him more than enough time to either vanish zoom or possess him.

Nah. One slow ass blast that causes an earthquake isn't enough. The thing people forget is shields wither and the user gets strained. Imagine Zoom delivering at least 100 IMPs in less than a zeptosecond. Not only is Strange's brain fried, he's dead.

With Zoom's time manip its fairly easy for him to put out equal and above that ONE Galactus blast in a very quick succession. And he's delivering this all before maybe a picosecond has passed. Now I don't think Strange's brain is THAT fast enough to react to that type of assault.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To my knowledge, Current Strange is not going to be able to stop Zoom.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You talk of zooms time control,Here is what thanos had to say about Dr.stranges time controlling feats

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and on that note I believe enough has been said.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To my knowledge, Current Strange is not going to be able to stop Zoom.

Isn't he sorcerer supreme again?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: if not elaborated upon in the OP it's current version by default. He cast that shield also he even says that it's hastily erected. And at best that is light speed; Zoom is far far above light speed.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: if not elaborated upon in the OP it's current version by default. He cast that shield also he even says that it's hastily erected. And at best that is light speed; Zoom is far far above light speed.

It's versions at time of writing, which was 5 years ago. just to clarify.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dratini1331: Does that actually mean he is as powerful as Classic, though? Not to mention that Classic Strange is overrated anyways - he had prep for most of those big feats.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Zoom is made to look fast because of how slow he makes everything else,once the flash figured out how to deal with his time slowing ability he was able to beat zoom was he not?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:

It's versions at time of writing, which was 5 years ago. just to clarify.

He wasn't Sorcerer Supreme in 2009; he lost it in 07 and got it back in 2011 iirc.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Dredeuced

@sophia89 said:

its one of those threads again.

hi i am a marvel

hi i am a dc

i dont know anything about either one but i know the one on the left is from my team and the one on the right is from your team,so the one on the left wins.

no the one on the right wins you are wrong here are some scans.

nope the one on the left wins here are some scans.

those scans means nothing you are a fanboy.

my scan is absolute proof,you are the fanboy.

then non stop insulting and whining till a mod interferes and lock it down.

seriously both sides become trolls and fanboys in these threads,can we debate like grown ups and actually use in context scans and stop being so stubborn.

Maybe contribute to the thread instead of just insulting people. If you think no one here knows what they're talking about, point out how they're wrong.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Sovereign91001

@batmanfanboy: Okay let me tell you: Character statements about power levels are next to worthless here; that proves absolutely nothing. Current Strange at the time of OP wasn't Sorcerer Supreme he didn't have access to those powers. Classic Strange feats are likewise exempt.

Strange is out of his depth; he's never dealt with anyone even romotelly as quick as Zoom; he seemingly has no counter and unless he can react faster than a picosecond to freeze time to even get onto Zoom's level he looses as well.

Which bring us right back to where 99% of the people in this thread said would happen. Zoom solos.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Colonialkrypton
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@sovereign91001: The OP said WWH so I'm assuming this is WWH strange,who said he was sorcerer supreme,still showing his possession abilities and says he could take his life away with the twitch of a finger...yeah i dont see how on earth zooms "speed" deals with this