Zeus for the epic godstomp

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Fifthchild

, - Generally i wouldn't classify something as a Godblast unless it was made pretty clear in the text. That said it was probably the craziest lightning bolt i've ever seen Thor call down (he even begins glowing beforehand) and it obviously took a lot out of him as he collapsed straight afterwards. It was probably all but a GodBlast for all intents and purposes given what it took out of him but its not clear that a lot of modern Marvel creators would even be familiar with the term.

A lot of this fight depends on how Zeus is portrayed and who you consider to be "a Hulk". Skyfather type powers are pretty vague. They have done crazy things and yet Zeus himself got taken out by one of the same spears that broke on the Mindless Hulks chest in the last Hulk/Herc oneshot. Odin got jacked by some dudes with a spear and a gun in Fraction's first arc. Saying that Skyfathers can't be taken out by physical force is overselling it IMO. They are physically very tough and they can sometimes do all sorts of magical things but, like almost anything else, enough force can take them down. Some of the crazier Hulks could certainly do it if they get their mitts on him.

Anyway without going too in depth if Rulk counts as a Hulk and if he had his classic energy absorbing powers then he could quite possibly do it solo. He drained modern Thor of the Odinforce and defeated him after all. Thats not representative of the best SkyFather type showings but its part of the mix i suppose.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Greendevil

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

Cuz It looks like a Godblast. This was no ordinary blow lol.

EDIT: Thor used a God-blast on Zelia he "Dark God" In that moment he channeled the lightning from Mjolnir through his body and on to Zelia. This looked similar to that. But here Thor and Mjolnir are the edge of the blast it looks. Nothing else worked on Nul, so he did this. And collapsed mediately after.

Nothing else worked on Nuul? i didn't saw Thor using all his powers. you are saying it was a godblast because it looked like one, but a goblast was capable of hurting galactus, destroyed a celestial battle armour, didn't it killed the dark god? and it barely bfred the Hulk?

When does Thor use "all his powers" ?? .......thats ridiculous. Thor was going all out. Thor was not holding back as he actually killed Angir via piercing Mjolnir. He even said "Him i liked" meaning Thing that he just killed = Not gonna hold back against Nul

Maybe it wasn't technically a Godblast, but what was it then according to you? When has he used so much power and not got results? That blast was the only thing that "Hurt Nul" and that was the point

The blast he used on Zelia hurt her. But it was Odin who killed her via draining (his own power back)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor rarely uses so powerful shots. He did against Void 3 times.

1st time

caption
caption

2nd Thor Amped by Norn stones

No Caption Provided

3rd weakened Void

No Caption Provided

The blow he gave Nul was crazy imo. Nul took it like stud, and got BFR to Transylvania lol

@Fifthchild said:

, -

Generally i wouldn't classify something as a Godblast unless it was made pretty clear in the text. That said it was probably the craziest lightning bolt i've ever seen Thor call down (he even begins glowing beforehand) and it obviously took a lot out of him as he collapsed straight afterwards. It was probably all but a GodBlast for all intents and purposes given what it took out of him but its not clear that a lot of modern Marvel creators would even be familiar with the term.

A lot of this fight depends on how Zeus is portrayed and who you consider to be "a Hulk". Skyfather type powers are pretty vague. They have done crazy things and yet Zeus himself got taken out by one of the same spears that broke on the Mindless Hulks chest in the last Hulk/Herc oneshot. Odin got jacked by some dudes with a spear and a gun in Fraction's first arc. Saying that Skyfathers can't be taken out by physical force is overselling it IMO. They are physically very tough and they can sometimes do all sorts of magical things but, like almost anything else, enough force can take them down. Some of the crazier Hulks could certainly do it if they get their mitts on him.

Anyway without going too in depth if Rulk counts as a Hulk and if he had his classic energy absorbing powers then he could quite possibly do it solo. He drained modern Thor of the Odinforce and defeated him after all. Thats not representative of the best SkyFather type showings but its part of the mix i suppose.

Fair enough. I agree that the modern guys might not be familiar with the term. Godblast is Thors "Ace card" Perhaps new guys might express it differently than in the past.

• "i must smite you down with all the power at my command"
  • "Now feel the power of my father, and his father before him"
  • Even a glowing picture of Thor says more than a 1000 words imo.

Nice post Fifthchild

The point of my post with Nul, was to show that Nul can take a powerful magical/lightning punch and keep coming. And that should be useful against Zeus

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All versions of Hulk would win, but mainly due to Blue Hulk, Cancerverse Hulk and Worldbreaker.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Baldy

@Pwok21 said:

All versions of Hulk would win, but mainly due to Blue Hulk, Cancerverse Hulk and Worldbreaker.

Worldbreaker wouldn't even be able to touch Zeus, most overrated Hulk of all time. Uni-Hulk is a Thor level Hulk, obviously below skyfather level.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mtrakos

gods dont stay dead as explained in thors return #1.

Draw

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Cosmic Hulk probably solos with the help of Maestro.

I.A.T.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Baldy

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

Cosmic Hulk probably solos with the help of Maestro.

I.A.T.

Cosmic Hulk isn't a hulk and even if he was he couldn't possibly solo. He has no feats to begin with.

Assassinatius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Assassinatius

If Zeus decides to hold back instead of killing them all at the same time, this might actually be an epic battle

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ShadowKing

Zeus one shots all of them within seconds.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Cosmic and Worldbreaker Hulk will take it while the other hulks fling themselves at Zeus and get owned effortlessly.

butcher_pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By butcher_pete

I'm seriously wondering why people think Worldbreaker Hulk has even the slightest chance against Zeus?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By HellionVulcan

@ShadowKing said:

Zeus one shots all of them within seconds.
No Caption Provided

I picture Zeus doing something like this but much more epic but he wins thou .

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spartan101

this would be an epic battle,no way its a stomp for zeus,but imo he will win it. herald hulk is hulks best shot then its uni power hulk,but its not enough to win it.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Baldy

@Butcher_Pete said:

I'm seriously wondering why people think Worldbreaker Hulk has even the slightest chance against Zeus?

Yeah, I know. Overrated.

Also....

Cosmic Hulk isn't a real Hulk. It's a robot!
Cosmic Hulk isn't a real Hulk. It's a robot!
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By majestic99

@BigCimmerian said:

Zeus wins, effortless curbstomp

blackadam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By blackadam2

@Greendevil said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
caption
caption
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

EDIT: Thor used a God-blast on Zelia he "Dark God" In that moment he channeled the lightning from Mjolnir through his body and on to Zelia. This looked similar to that. But here Thor and Mjolnir are the edge of the blast it looks. Nothing else worked on Nul, so he did this. And collapsed mediately after.

Nothing else worked on Nuul? i didn't saw Thor using all his powers. you are saying it was a godblast because it looked like one, but a goblast was capable of hurting galactus, destroyed a celestial battle armour, didn't it killed the dark god? and it barely bfred the Hulk?

When does Thor use "all his powers" ?? .......thats ridiculous. Thor was going all out. Thor was not holding back as he actually killed Angir via piercing Mjolnir. He even said "Him i liked" meaning Thing that he just killed = Not gonna hold back against Nul

Maybe it wasn't technically a Godblast, but what was it then according to you? When has he used so much power and not got results? That blast was the only thing that "Hurt Nul" and that was the point

The blast he used on Zelia hurt her. But it was Odin who killed her via draining (his own power back)

1st time

3rd weakened Void

The blow he gave Nul was crazy imo. Nul took it like stud, and got BFR to Transylvania lol

@Fifthchild said:

, -

Generally i wouldn't classify something as a Godblast unless it was made pretty clear in the text. That said it was probably the craziest lightning bolt i've ever seen Thor call down (he even begins glowing beforehand) and it obviously took a lot out of him as he collapsed straight afterwards. It was probably all but a GodBlast for all intents and purposes given what it took out of him but its not clear that a lot of modern Marvel creators would even be familiar with the term.

Fair enough. I agree that the modern guys might not be familiar with the term. Godblast is Thors "Ace card" Perhaps new guys might express it differently than in the past.

Nice post Fifthchild

The point of my post with Nul, was to show that Nul can take a powerful magical/lightning punch and keep coming. And that should be useful against Zeus

Thor was going all out, yet he didn't use his termo blast, anti blast, god blast. I remember Nul bleeding, so he clearly was being hurt by Thor.

I don't know what it was, that's why i'm not saying it is a godblast. To say it is god blast because it looked like a god blast (which it didn't), is wrong. We need further evidence to call it by that name. Also, a godblast almost killed a starving galactus and destroyed a celestial battle armor, the energy was so powerful mjolnir was broked asunder, and it just bfr Nul? also, after Thor used a goblast in several instances, he didn't faint.

i should post scans. But until we have enough evidence you can't call that a godblast.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Greendevil

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
caption
caption
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

1st time

3rd weakened Void

@Fifthchild said:

, -

Nice post Fifthchild

Thor was going all out, yet he didn't use his termo blast, anti blast, god blast. I remember Nul bleeding, so he clearly was being hurt by Thor.

I don't know what it was, that's why i'm not saying it is a godblast. To say it is god blast because it looked like a god blast (which it didn't), is wrong. We need further evidence to call it by that name. Also, a godblast almost killed a starving galactus and destroyed a celestial battle armor, the energy was so powerful mjolnir was broked asunder, and it just bfr Nul? also, after Thor used a goblast in several instances, he didn't faint.

i should post scans. But until we have enough evidence you can't call that a godblast.

godblast, godblast godblast, godblast!

blackadam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By blackadam2

@Greendevil said:

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
caption
caption
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

1st time

3rd weakened Void

@Fifthchild said:

, -

Nice post Fifthchild

godblast, godblast godblast, godblast!

Talking about being mature in comic vine...

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Greendevil

@blackadam2 said:

Talking about being mature in comic vine...

lmao..........relax dude ;)

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Greendevil said:

@blackadam2 said:

@Greendevil said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1st time

caption
caption

No Caption Provided

3rd weakened Void

No Caption Provided

@Fifthchild said:

, -

Nice post Fifthchild

Very good post devil. I admire those who use scans to make a case.

I have no doubt that all the Hulks would demolish Zeus (even on his best day).

I am a legit comic reader here on the 'vine and I read a lot of Hulk over the decades. I stand by this.

Avatar image for the_third_of_the_fallen
The_Third_of_the_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Zeus wins. But there is gonna be a long epic battle over it

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Greendevil

@High Revolutionary: thx man

SuperStarKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SuperStarKirby

@P0rtal said:

Odin is less physically powerful than Zeus in Marvel, yet was able to knock out Galactus in the recent Mighty Thor comics for just a brief instant. Left him in a smoking ruin that felt limp as a wet noodle. I consider Odin and Galactus to be absolutely equals. Comic Hulk is the creation of Galactus and not nearly as powerful.

Zeus > Odin/Galactus > Cosmic Hulk

Zeus Curb stomps while having sex with his wife and drinking wine.

If Zeus in the MU is anything like mythological Zeus, his wife is the only person he's NOT having sex with. :P

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Baldy

@SuperStarKirby said:

@P0rtal said:

Odin is less physically powerful than Zeus in Marvel, yet was able to knock out Galactus in the recent Mighty Thor comics for just a brief instant. Left him in a smoking ruin that felt limp as a wet noodle. I consider Odin and Galactus to be absolutely equals. Comic Hulk is the creation of Galactus and not nearly as powerful.

Zeus > Odin/Galactus > Cosmic Hulk

Zeus Curb stomps while having sex with his wife and drinking wine.

If Zeus in the MU is anything like mythological Zeus, his wife is the only person he's NOT having sex with. :P

Would you want to? She's kinnda a jerk.

imagine727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By imagine727

I say zeus wins but it definetely is not a curbstomp. He would destroy savage hulk, joe fixit (:D) etc. He would however take some damage from WB, Unipower, Maestro, Nul, WWH and devil hulk, but he still wins

I am a major (but new) hulk fan BTW

desolatefix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thunderbolt ross aka red hulk was created through different means then the savage hulk bruce banner and those different means created vastly different levels of strength resilience and over all power.if you red up on it when the red hulk first started his story line you'd know that when rulk gets angry he doesn't get stronger just begins to get warmer it was even stated that he could never be as strong as savage hulk the only thing he has going for him is ross's military trained tactical mind and ross's ability to fight dirty hence all the heavy artillery.only reason he took down a watcher is because the writer decided to pull a "superman writing team" and just beef up rulk for no perticular reason which is just lazy writing.but yeah im sure he meant a team of hulks as in the many incarnations of bruce banner as hulk. and fyi last time i checked odin was a stronger sky father then zeus bare in mind hulk has taken down both thor AND hercules before on many occasions without any additional previsions.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

hulks win because:

1- orange hulk (powered by sun or solar energy)

2- war hulk

3- world breaker ( galactus said he was the strongest herald )

4- world breaker hulk

5- world war hulk

6- uni power hulk

7- cosmic hulk

8- rulk ( loeb force )

9- cosmic red hulk

10- devil hulk

11- professor hulk

12- savage hulk

13- mindless hulk

14- joe fixit ( grey hulk )

15- hulk

16- a-bomb

17- flux

18- abomination

19- she hulk

20- skaar

21- red she hulk

22- grey

the list goes on........

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulks

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to many Hulks, Zeus goes down.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King of the Gods loses here. Too much physical power on the other side

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Kingant27

Hulks win.

Canerverse Hulk

Uni-powered Hulk

Cosmic Hulk

World Breaker Hulk

War Hulk

World War Hulk

Mindless Hulk

Savage Hulk

Devil Hulk

Grey Hulk

Etc.

These guys are way too much for even Zeus.

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Brucey_25

Hulks. Plus I feel like when hulk fought Zeus he was holding back bc he wanted to give skaar and them time to get away safely. That's just me

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zombie Galactus Hulk for the win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From implied power, Zeus could win, but not if it is merely on-panel showings.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Zombie Hulk solos with implied power or not.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ShootingNova

I don't think I had Zombie Hulk in mind when I made my post. Not that knowledgeable on him anyways.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mohammed_alg_92

zombie hullk solos

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Just one of the more powerful hulks could give Zeus a little trouble IMO (similarly to what odin did to thanos). You add in all of them and he'd be overwhelmed pretty handily, though he'd probably bring some of the weaker hulks with him.

chanceNathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulks. its only one simple factor that leads to the conclusion...the angrier a hulk gets the stronger they get. one alone would kill zuse. put every hulk in the fight the olympians might as well kill themselves.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ShootingNova

One ordinary Hulk would not kill Zeus. Hera indicated Zeus could vaporize Hulk with a thought.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chancenathan:

hulks. its only one simple factor that leads to the conclusion...the angrier a hulk gets the stronger they get. one alone would kill zuse. put every hulk in the fight the olympians might as well kill themselves.

Much like Highfather over in the DCU, Zeus is a serious time-bender and matter manipulator. Nothing in the OP prevents Zeus from freezing them all in place and field goal kicking all of them one by one into the ether. Or, sending Bruce Banner back to right before the Gamma Bomb went off and transmuting him into a lead statue seconds before the bomb went off, effectively removing the Hulk from ever existing in the first place, etc, etc, etc...

That said, "Welcome to the 'Vine"!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Marvel Zeus can do that? I know DC Zeus can, but Marvel? Although....the OP never did state which Zeus so guess it doesn't matter lol.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Marvel Zeus can do that? I know DC Zeus can, but Marvel? Although....the OP never did state which Zeus so guess it doesn't matter lol.

I don't see why not. He is often regarded as an equal/analogue to Odin, who also has great transmutation and time manipulation powers. How easy then would it be to remove the gamma radiation from the Hulk's body, freeze him in place while he delivers crushing, vomit spewing blows, that none of the Hulks (despite the fact that they are all standing shoulder to shoulder in a single file line waiting for their ass whipping) can do anything about. Until they get their turn to get blasted. Or switched back to the moment before the G-Bomb went off and just to amuse himself he could transform banner into solid lead for about 20 minutes and then beam him back to Olympus and step on him like a cockroach.

For starters... By the way, awesome avatar! Grace StaffordR.I.P.!!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: True, although most don't take the statements and the like of Zeus being = to Odin as legit.

Though thanks! WW is awesome, love the cartoon.