Who is the weakest person that can beat Captain Cold?

• 58 results
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Iceman would stomp him and Human Torch to name a few.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jkutz: Captain Warmth

Laughing out loud. That should be a character for real. It something like Squirrel Girl.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@realitywarper said:

Laughing out loud. That should be a character for real. It something like Squirrel Girl.

Captain Orgazmo will warm up the temperature. ^_^

Avatar image for itgreat_yourealizeyourgreat
ItGreat_YouRealizeYourGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody with a gun.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@terry2012 said:

@realitywarper said:

Captain Orgazmo will warm up the temperature. ^_^

Laughing out loud.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jkutz

@jkutz: I havent seen a Captain Cold hread in a while and I havent read much with him in it so its nice to see people talking about him and his abilities.

So basically if youre not lightspeed or have med-high herald level durability you cant beat CC? Thats OP right there and in the coolest way. I will try and think of the weakest lightspeed character.

What are your opinions on Michael Scofield playing Cap Cold?

I think he does an ok job, just not what I envision CC being though you know? Like he isn't all about the job and the villain with class that I know.

@jkutz: @lukehero

I know she can do that but we have to analyze the science behind teleportation, I mean she doesn't just cease to exists and then re-exist where she wants to.

Sure she can it's a comic, many of the things steeped in science don't actually make any sense nevermind that Misfits ability is magical in nature

Your comparison seems to be Star Trek for some reason which would be using the teleporter almost like a projector to send or retrieve the molecules. Nothing like that exists here, Misfits thinks of where she wants to be even if she has never been there and will be there instantly bypassing security and motion sensors that would detect the Martian Manhunter.

Anyway a bloodlusted Misfit is beastly and far from a weak character

I guess that's true as well, but what I am asking for is a base character, like sure you could have a bloodlusted Superman get through no prob but an morals-on Supes should get put down because of molecular reconstruction. What I essentially am looking for is a straight-up fight no modifiers.

My point being here with CC is simple, the AZF is a molecular reconstructor as well as are the Cold-Guns because they are concentrated AZF's as explained in the below scan. In the scan below the imposter CC goes to punch through the AZF that was set up, once he does so his entire hand is turned into a ice-like substance that is shattered rather easily, and this is not freezing, notice his hand is not encased in ice(otherwise he couldn't shatter it) but his hand is literally transformed once it move past the barrier. This is due to the fact of the AZF messing up the atoms in his hand and stopping all Kinetic Energy in that area. This in turn renders and beam/light attacks useless because they are based on the same principle of Kinetic Energy and vibrating-atoms. Sure you could TK the guns away but CC just has to sit in the AFZ and it's a draw, or no victor, unless they end up charging through the invisible barrier, and we also have seen him resist telepathy so he could also use that short amount of time to shoot the telepathic threat. So what I am asking is who can get through to CC through the AFZ without dying in a straight up fight. (Scan Below)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz said:

@darthvxder said:

@jkutz: I havent seen a Captain Cold hread in a while and I havent read much with him in it so its nice to see people talking about him and his abilities.

So basically if youre not lightspeed or have med-high herald level durability you cant beat CC? Thats OP right there and in the coolest way. I will try and think of the weakest lightspeed character.

What are your opinions on Michael Scofield playing Cap Cold?

I think he does an ok job, just not what I envision CC being though you know? Like he isn't all about the job and the villain with class that I know.

@dextersinister said:

@jkutz: @lukehero

I know she can do that but we have to analyze the science behind teleportation, I mean she doesn't just cease to exists and then re-exist where she wants to.

Sure she can it's a comic, many of the things steeped in science don't actually make any sense nevermind that Misfits ability is magical in nature

Your comparison seems to be Star Trek for some reason which would be using the teleporter almost like a projector to send or retrieve the molecules. Nothing like that exists here, Misfits thinks of where she wants to be even if she has never been there and will be there instantly bypassing security and motion sensors that would detect the Martian Manhunter.

Anyway a bloodlusted Misfit is beastly and far from a weak character

I guess that's true as well, but what I am asking for is a base character, like sure you could have a bloodlusted Superman get through no prob but an morals-on Supes should get put down because of molecular reconstruction. What I essentially am looking for is a straight-up fight no modifiers.

My point being here with CC is simple, the AZF is a molecular reconstructor as well as are the Cold-Guns because they are concentrated AZF's as explained in the below scan. In the scan below the imposter CC goes to punch through the AZF that was set up, once he does so his entire hand is turned into a ice-like substance that is shattered rather easily, and this is not freezing, notice his hand is not encased in ice(otherwise he couldn't shatter it) but his hand is literally transformed once it move past the barrier. This is due to the fact of the AZF messing up the atoms in his hand and stopping all Kinetic Energy in that area. This in turn renders and beam/light attacks useless because they are based on the same principle of Kinetic Energy and vibrating-atoms. Sure you could TK the guns away but CC just has to sit in the AFZ and it's a draw, or no victor, unless they end up charging through the invisible barrier, and we also have seen him resist telepathy so he could also use that short amount of time to shoot the telepathic threat. So what I am asking is who can get through to CC through the AFZ without dying in a straight up fight. (Scan Below)

No Caption Provided

Cold can see and be seen and he can hear and be heard, even when the field is up. That means sound and light go through. If it didn't then cold would effectively be blind and deaf when the field is up (he'd also be invisible and make no sound, which wouldn't do him any good if he had no sensory input from the outside world).

So I think anyone with light or sonic powers could easily beat him. Also if Cold has ever used any communication devices like radios with the field up then we can assume that pretty much most of the EM spectrum can go through (I'm making this assumption if both light and radio waves freely pas through). So going with the weakest characters that can beat him I'd go with Black Canary and Dazzler. If we want to go up a tier or two then Juggernaut would beat him (even at absolute zero he can inch forward, he is magically incapable of being stopped completly) and Magneto could beat him (assuming the EM field is unaffected by the AZF).

Ehugos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ehugos

Anyone with psychic powers should be able to kill cold, im also not sure how characters like Deadman or MM work when they go intangiable.

But else its very much like you say, CC is easily one of the strongest characters in DC if we stay true to science, hell he would even kill Darkseid!