Who is the weakest person that can beat Captain Cold?

• 58 results
Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jkutz

As I've been catching up on Pre-52 feats for Captain Cold and now that he is essentially back to that(being reverted back to guns) I was wondering who can actually beat him. The reason I wonder this is because of the Absolute Zero Field, the way it works is not actually casing the physical objects in ice but instead slows down atoms to where they stop moving, now everything in the universe is made up of atoms, so in theory his Field should be able to stop anyone not moving at extremely high speeds into the field(i.e Flash at near top speed) or any projectile/beam moving into the field(slowing the atoms to zero removes Kinematic Energy stopping movement, showed when he stops bullets with the field.) So I guess the question would be, who is the weakest person that can take down the Captain?

No Caption Provided

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of guys can beat Cold.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I know that but I mean who is the weakest? Who can actually get through the AZF and still be able to take him down?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz:

I know that but I mean who is the weakest? Who can actually get through the AZF and still be able to take him down?

I don't know about Pre 52 because I don't read it.

I know New 52 a lot of guys can beat him.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Well that's what I'm asking for, for the Pre-52 one(pictured), I mean once you go through the AZF you are reverted to normal speed(unless you turn to ice when you don't move as fast as flash) then he can finish you with his Cold Guns easily because he has been trained to aim at FTL people(Flash) so idk who can actually take him outside of high-level speedsters.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz:

I know that but I mean who is the weakest? Who can actually get through the AZF and still be able to take him down?

I don't know about Pre 52 because I don't read it.

I know New 52 a lot of guys can beat him.

"a lot of guys can beat him" does not help his specific question, he is not asking that he is asking how people would deal with the "Absolute Zero Field".

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jkutz

@thenaughtytitan: Exactly, even once you get inside though, the AZF is described as a wide-beam Cold-Gun blast, so once he tags you, you get the same effect but targeted, and then he just shatters whatever he hit.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@jkutz said:

@thenaughtytitan: Exactly, even once you get inside though, the AZF is described as a wide-beam Cold-Gun blast, so once he tags you, you get the same effect but targeted, and then he just shatters whatever he hit.

Technically this would stop a lot of people without pis, the only people i think that could handle the absolute zero are people like silver surfer(he has gone through parts of space close to absolute zero) durability would not work IRL but in a comic i think some people could pull it off. This is a really hard question considering it has not been shown very much in comics, if we go off of real life science then he should be able to take out some pretty high tiers.

So far I think everyone below herald class is off of this list........

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacthripper

Anyone with a light based attack or great enough heats

Possibly Gambit

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Well heat based attacks would be stopped, because they are based upon fast-vibrating atoms, which the wall stops, so that doesn't work.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz said:

Technically this would stop a lot of people without pis, the only people i think that could handle the absolute zero are people like silver surfer(he has gone through parts of space close to absolute zero) durability would not work IRL but in a comic i think some people could pull it off. This is a really hard question considering it has not been shown very much in comics, if we go off of real life science then he should be able to take out some pretty high tiers.

So far I think everyone below herald class is off of this list........

That's what I was thinking, which is pretty nuts, but like you said, if we base it on science and how AZF works and how it has been shown to work with Captain Cold, I don't know.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Morals Off Misfit

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: When she teleports people it's instant death. Organic matter besides her can't survive bouncing. She can bypass his cold field via teleportation, grab him and teleport death. Especially in a random encounter where he would probably underestimate her.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Well think about what teleportation is for a second....it's the splitting up of atoms to move then reform at the destination. So if she were to do that, her atoms would be completely frozen in the AZF in singular form rather than multiple, effectively killing herself.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman should stomp.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone with light based powers should back able to affect him through the shield. I'll say Dazzler would be the weakest person who could beat cold.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: Not necessarily, because he isn't Absolute Zero temperatures, he's close but not there, his attacks freeze the physical object rather than slowing the molecules. So his attacks still generate some kind of heat activity(movement of molecules) even if it at a super-slow rate, meaning it gets caught up in the AZF. This was kind of demonstrated in the fight against Mr.Feeze, the difference between freezing and the AZF.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#20 frozen  Moderator
Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberzombie_hatchetman: Like I said before, those are based upon atomic beams, so the AZF will stop them in their tracks.

@frozen: I also explained why Misfit wouldn't work

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: It was a joooooke maaaaaan ! ^_^

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: Not really, she could be right next to him in the safe zone. She could even telefrag him or his equipment. She could teleport her hand right through his head, then teleport them all together.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Wait, she has to get inside first, which means the atoms have to go through the AZF, and even though the atoms are moving at light-speed, they are all alone, so they don't generator enough heat to make it, so she'll freeze up at the edge of the AZF.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By icecold14

@jkutz: Iceman has actually reached absolute zero in less than a second so maybe your talking about someone else

Iceman should stomp him like @ghostrider2: said

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icecold14: Not really, even if he does, what ever he is shooting through the AZF will still stop because it stops kinetic motion, which is required for beam attacks. If he manages to get inside he could still get shattered by the Cold-Guns.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By icecold14

@jkutz: Okay are you joking?? Captain Cold is no match for Iceman :o this is coming from an expert on both characters :O Iceman can freeze his blood or make a clone inside CC field :o Iceman can also use the absolute zero against Captain Cold himself dont forget that.....Iceman can freeze a person with a mere thought :o

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icecold14: Freezing is different from absolute zero, freezing is the process of encasing a physical object inside of ice while the AZF turns that physical object into an ice-like from due to stopping the atom movement. So Iceman would have to be able to either A) move so fast that the slowing down of molecules makes no difference(Flash at near-lightspeed) or B) enter into the AZF without using Kinetic Energy which is physically impossible, it doesn't matter if Iceman is made of Ice, if he uses Kinematic Energy, he's not getting through the AZF.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: I'm pretty sure he has a protective aura around him. I know Misfit has fought killer frost, at least I think. I'll have to see if she has any cold feats. But, I beleive if she teleported right up on him she could grab him.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I know she can do that but we have to analyze the science behind teleportation, I mean she doesn't just cease to exists and then re-exist where she wants to. The reason organics can't survive teleporation like her is because her atoms can survive being split apart, traveling, then reappearing. When she "teleports" next to him, her unformed atoms are stopped at the boarder. That's why I don't think she can do that, unless she has a special teleporation technique that transcends dimensions or destroys her atoms then reforms her from scratch, she can't penetrate the AZF.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've seen Psylocke dubbed street level, due to her telepathy she could most likely beat him w/o much of a problem.

However; I do recall him having slight resistance to Libra's voice which has some of the OE in it that allowed him to persuade others to do his bidding/join him.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: True, but I think you're right, he is able to resist telepathic attacks so if he does that for long enough he just shoots her and that's that.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: I havent seen a Captain Cold hread in a while and I havent read much with him in it so its nice to see people talking about him and his abilities.

So basically if youre not lightspeed or have med-high herald level durability you cant beat CC? Thats OP right there and in the coolest way. I will try and think of the weakest lightspeed character.

What are your opinions on Michael Scofield playing Cap Cold?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Firefly

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: Okay look im a fan of both characters but you dont know Iceman real well i can see :o he doesnt even have to move to use his powers lol you literally are denying the truth :O a lot of people here are telling you the truth but you just want captain cold to beat everyone it seems

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: @lukehero

I know she can do that but we have to analyze the science behind teleportation, I mean she doesn't just cease to exists and then re-exist where she wants to.

Sure she can it's a comic, many of the things steeped in science don't actually make any sense nevermind that Misfits ability is magical in nature

Your comparison seems to be Star Trek for some reason which would be using the teleporter almost like a projector to send or retrieve the molecules. Nothing like that exists here, Misfits thinks of where she wants to be even if she has never been there and will be there instantly bypassing security and motion sensors that would detect the Martian Manhunter.

Anyway a bloodlusted Misfit is beastly and far from a weak character

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firefly

Firefly (if you're talking the Batman villain) doesn't have a chance at all against Cold.

Heatwave hasn't even been able to get his flames past the cold field and his fire burns brighter, and hotter.

@jkutz: I havent seen a Captain Cold hread in a while and I havent read much with him in it so its nice to see people talking about him and his abilities.

So basically if youre not lightspeed or have med-high herald level durability you cant beat CC? Thats OP right there and in the coolest way. I will try and think of the weakest lightspeed character.

What are your opinions on Michael Scofield playing Cap Cold?

If you'd like to see Captain Cold's abilities & some feats for the character feel free to check out my respect thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-rogues-respect-thread-1574370/

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DarthVxder

@thetruebarryallen: Will do. Ive never really read much of Flash unless PZ or Zoom is in it but the TV show made me like Cap Cold more than I thought it would. Prob cause back in the day they just seemed cheesy in the animated series.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton should beat him since temperature has no bearing on gravity.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Will do. Ive never really read much of Flash unless PZ or Zoom is in it but the TV show made me like Cap Cold more than I thought it would. Prob cause back in the day they just seemed cheesy in the animated series.

The Rogues are VERY 'Silver-Age' in terms of their silly names and rather dorky costumes, but they're all pretty powerful in their own right.

If you ever have any questions feel free to tag me/pm me and I can try and give my input on it :)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke; TP to put him down, TK to take his weapons.

Fantomex could do it.

Spiral could do it.

Etc, etc.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz said:

@cyberzombie_hatchetman: Like I said before, those are based upon atomic beams, so the AZF will stop them in their tracks.

@frozen: I also explained why Misfit wouldn't work

Cold isn't invisible so obviously light gets through the coldfield just fine to bounce off of him back to the viewer. I still say Dazzler does it.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mantis should owned him.