• 177 results
Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Bezza

Thor is one of the biggest contradictions in the comic world. Theoretically he should be able to defeat just about any foe below perhaps top Comic power level, yet as we saw in the Avengers movie, he always seems to make a meal of any battles! Hulk in particular has a good slam down record against the mightier Thor. Hal Jordan on his own has given Superman a hard time in the past (and its the pre 52 lanterns, not the one who has been butt kicked by everyone recently), so based on this I've gotta go for the two lanterns defeating Thor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@willpayton: I never said Hal just shoots lasers. I said that is all you can do without imagination is just shoot lasers. Imagination is a huge part of what makes a GL actually powerful. Jon's constructs aren't sturdy just because he has lots of will. He's an architect, and actually imagines every single detail of his creations. His will is great, but it wouldn't be much if not for his imagination. And Hal has moderate levels of imagination. Doesn't really touch Kyle, who is a natural artist, and is bursting with it. And of course it has limits, though Kyle has much fewer limits, for his ring is better and he's more imaginative.

You can keep talking about imagination all you want, but it's will power that makes the ring work and determines its power output.

As far as making extremely complex constructs, all that does is waste time since the user has to spend more time thinking about the construct rather than the fight and what his opponent is doing. This is why Hal doesnt do that. He's out to win and wasting time making pretty constructs isnt on his priority list. It's why he's the best.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, a lot of idiocy in this thread. Team should win.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Being imaginative is a waste of time, when it comes to being a Green Lantern? Jon's imagination is why Superman had to punch with all he has in order to break his constructs. I've actually seen Jon beat Superman without the kryptonite radiation gimmick. Jon was a marine and an architect. He thinks in a 3-D way, and has the discipline to think that way in a crisis. He doesn't "waste time". Neither does Kyle.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Being imaginative is a waste of time, when it comes to being a Green Lantern?

If you actually read what I wrote then you'd know that's not what I said. But I guess it's easier to argue with a straw man than actually have to read stuff and then think about it. Very difficult, I know.

He doesn't "waste time". Neither does Kyle.

Yes they do.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@willpayton: Oh, they waste time, do they? Two of the most accomplished lanterns waste time, even though their feats are continuously off the charts. Jon being able to re-form a solar system is wasting time. Kyle being able to turn the Justice League's blood, according to Batman, into gasoline at a whim is wasting time. Now, who is really the fan boy here?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By willpayton
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dredeuced: Do you have the scan of Superman being unable to break Kyle's constructs? I'd be interested to see it and where it's from if you don't mind posting it.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted Thor should take it. I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to simply smash through their constructs and their shields. I'm a huge proponent of speed + strenght = ridiculous impact alá Superman + Flash + others with speed and even though Thor doesn't really have that kind of a speed mid battle, his hammer still amplifies his impact, which should destroy all of the constructs, something characters with his level of strenght have been able to do anyway. I also don't know what the Lanterns can do to take him out faster than he could take them out. Thor is as durable as it gets.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Dredeuced

@lvenger said:

@dredeuced: Do you have the scan of Superman being unable to break Kyle's constructs? I'd be interested to see it and where it's from if you don't mind posting it.

It was Ultraman.

Ultraman is Superman's equal physically, possibly his superior due to how ruthless he is. They've had lots of fights over the years and that's the general depiction. Kyle being able to hold him for hours is pretty neat.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

It was Ultraman.

Ultraman is Superman's equal physically, possibly his superior due to how ruthless he is. They've had lots of fights over the years and that's the general depiction. Kyle being able to hold him for hours is pretty neat.

Thanks! That is a rather impressive feat for Kyle. And to think I rated him below Hal at one stage. I'd say they're physical equals though. Ultraman may be more ruthless but Superman is more experienced. His fight with Ultraman in the mini series Trinity showed that. Still, Ultraman had no luck breaking them, Superman wouldn't fare much better either.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Wish Mogo, Bzzd, or Sodam Yat were here... :(

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say Thor wins here

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MonsterStomp

Thor. Superman is constantly stated to be around his level of power and in the Red Son Superman story, Superman is seen breaking out of a prison made by all the lanterns. Now I know this isn't in the main continuity and people could argue that the lanterns lack in experience and in power, but none the less, it's an impressive feat. This just leads me to believe Thor would be able to do the same with only two.

After all the evidence against Thor you still put up this fail argument.

Ironbuster225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ironbuster225
Ironbuster225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: ah crap, I misunderstood, my bad. I'm new so I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Next time I'll read what other members said in the thread before I post.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MonsterStomp
Ironbuster225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: It's cool, next time I'll just have to put up a better argument.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should win due to Mjolnir's inherent and main ability of absorbing and redirecting and reflecting energy. GL's main weapon is energy so I don't see how they win. Not to mention godblasts, planetary Lightning, Planet busting strength, supernova+ durability, and FTL combat speeds. Thor should take this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should win due to Mjolnir's inherent and main ability of absorbing and redirecting and reflecting energy. GL's main weapon is energy so I don't see how they win. Not to mention godblasts, planetary Lightning, Planet busting strength, supernova+ durability, and FTL combat speeds. Thor should take this.

Since when does Thor have FTL combat speed???

Everything else you said pretty much applies to Green Lanterns... energy absorption and manipulation, planetary-level strength and power, supernova durability, etc. And GLs also have extremely fast speed and reaction times when enhanced by the ring.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team stomps.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I agree with you, but the reaction time thing is really debatable to many users thanks to that blasted Superman who ruins everyone's fun. Nerd!

Also, I was thinking bloodlusted Thor would do a power-move (yeah, that's what I'm calling it) and destroy the Green Lanterns with the winds of a thousand worlds or godblast their butts!

camera_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By camera_guy

Thor could smash any construct any day.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By HighAccuser

Thor loses

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle solos

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Hal could solo after pretty damn hard fight. Kyle on the other hand would beat Thor easily so Team wins in a lolstomp.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Either one solos.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins. Both can put up a good fight. A case can be made for either winning.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal solos. Kyle solos.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By New_World_Order

Lanterns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either solo. Together this is just a slaughter.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should win in a good fight. If it's Hal and Sodam Yat I'd take the GL team

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

I think either Lantern could take Thor alone. Together they take him out easily.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The team stomps.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. Hal vs Thor is a good fight. Thor vs Kyle, well Kyle would take down Thor pretty easily.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador said:

Not really. Hal vs Thor is a good fight. Thor vs Kyle, well Kyle would take down Thor pretty easily.

I'd say pretty easily is a bit of exaggeration, but I agree that kyle beats thor.

Captaimshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Hal defeated Parallax sinestro amped by the fear engine. And he blowed up the worlord. Hal alone take this.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one on one would beat either of these two but add bill and Thor's would hurt the lanterns. But here two on one team can win but they better be carefull Thor blood lusted took down bill surfer and warlock with ease course that was BT Thor is scary good when not holding back. Oh and for those who think Thor isn't smart he's actually a genius he does have Dr Blake's intelligence. A PhD means not stupid people

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: I'm saying that because Kyle usually operates on Solar Level (not Solar Busting Level like Surfer but solar level) while Thor operates on planet busting level.

AdamAmeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@apex_pretador: I'm saying that because Kyle usually operates on Solar Level (not Solar Busting Level like Surfer but solar level) while Thor HARDLYoperates on planet busting level.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Right. Thor may be a planet buster but he does not operate on that level in character. Even if he does, it is inferior.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#150  Edited By tensor