#51 Posted by dondave (39849 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: It's not about Thor holding back, it's the fact that he only absorbs energy really, when it's a threat to the universe or something along those lines. He's been hurt by energy attacks throughout his entire career.

#52 Edited by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: For one, Thor today is not the same Thor as always. He has clearly lost a lot of his classic powers and, hell, Eric Masterson? Remember that? Clearly he's not exactly the same as always.

Why would he not absorb deadly energy blasts being fired at his avenger buddies? How is that explained by holding back? Because this crap happens all the time. I can't count the number of times the avengers have fought someone who shot energy at them and Thor never absorbed it. It's a very, very rarely used power.

If you want me to use PIS feats that way overshoot the character's level of power, then Hal oneshotted Krona who was powered with all seven emotional spectrum entities. That's far above galaxy level. It made no sense (much like how Thor being able to divert galaxy level attacks) and it didn't even happen in the inconsistent classic comics days.

#53 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Is it not in the rules that the characters will fight to the best of there ability. If you want to go by with that than I can say Hal Jordan will only make fists and such as Kyle does.

#54 Edited by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Is it not in the rules that the characters will fight to the best of there ability. If you want to go by with that than I can say Hal Jordan will only make fists and such as Kyle does.

Since when do Kyle or Hal only make fists, especially Kyle? Kyle is literally known for his absurd constructs.

#55 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Thor himself is a walking plot device, and he has nothing but high-end feats when outside of Earth. I don't think it's fair to assume his regular level is what is shown with the Avengers, when Thor has admitted he throws fights because he's afraid of shaming his friends and taking human life. Lanterns still win this though.

#56 Posted by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Thor himself is a walking plot device, and he has nothing but high-end feats when outside of Earth. I don't think it's fair to assume his regular level is what is shown with the Avengers, when Thor has admitted he throws fights because he's afraid of shaming his friends and taking human life. Lanterns still win this though.

The avengers adventures aren't contained to only on Earth. Hal himself is a walking plot device (overpowered Nekron through sheer will, blew up Krona through sheer will, etc etc) if you want to dump dumb, inconsistent high end feats.

It's a bad argument because I didn't instantly resort to the dumb lantern feats while the Pro-Thor guys always seem to fall back to janky classic feats that make no sense.

#57 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: You're ignoring that many times when Thor has exhibited his strength, it's been in the absence of his human companions, and that's typically when he's not on Earth. Also, I don't think you have to look towards simply the classic stuff for good feats. Thor: God of Thunder is full great ones.

#58 Edited by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy said:

@dredeuced: You're ignoring that many times when Thor has exhibited his strength, it's been in the absence of his human companions, and that's typically when he's not on Earth. Also, I don't think you have to look towards simply the classic stuff for good feats. Thor: God of Thunder is full great ones.

The only feats being brought up are unreferenced and they reek of Classic Thor. I don't even know which comic people are referencing with the Nega Bomb thing but since no one will actually give me a straight answer on it, I have to conclude it for myself.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm just not making an argument for Thor. It's not my place to. It's not like anyone's posted anything here that's conclusive.

#59 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can't destroy green lantern constructs? Wonder Woman has already done so.

#60 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can't destroy green lantern constructs? Wonder Woman has already done so.

Ultraman, who was Superman's superior physically, couldn't break Kyle's construct. For hours. I specifically said Kyle, but hey if you want to reference a low showing of Hal vs Wonder Woman (when we were specifically arguing Kyle) then Thor couldn't keep up with Mongoose. How's he gonna absorb light speed energy blasts?

#62 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I meant to say Hal uses fists and Kyles doesn't.

#64 Posted by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I dunno, man. If you want to lowball other characters don't get fussy when someone lowballs Thor. When you want to use Thor's more PIS-y high end feats don't get fussy when I turn around and use Kyle or Hal's high end feats. Tit for Tat.

#65 Posted by Perethorn (4780 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins if he uses energy absorption.

Lanterns win if Thor fights using only lightning and meele

#66 Posted by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the Lanterns to win.

#67 Posted by XiiX (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanterns.

#68 Posted by Floopay (9061 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Hal and Kyle? They can probably do this.

/enter Thor fans to run me out of town on a rail

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#69 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Mongul and Atrocitus have also shattered Kyle's constructs. I don't think it takes someone to be stronger than Superman to be able to break through Kyle's constructs. The team still wins though.

#70 Edited by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Mongul and Atrocitus have also shattered Kyle's constructs. I don't think it takes someone to be stronger than Superman to be able to break through Kyle's constructs. The team still wins though.

Atrocitus is actually quite a bit stronger than the typical Kryptonian. Which Mongul we talking about? Sinestro Corps Mongul with multiple rings? Kyle has contained Imperiex's explosion and, if he actually concentrates on it, contained Ultraman's best efforts for hours on end.

While I'm sure there's inconsistencies, as with all heroes, if we're going to lowball than I suppose Thor and Kyle are even, as Thor has struggled with dudes like Mongoose, Wolverine and Spiderman while Kyle got beat by Deathstroke, though Thor's low showings tend to be more frequent than Kyle's.

#71 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner alone would be able to contain Thor imo.

#72 Posted by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Thor smashes

#73 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Are you saying that Superman is your typical Kryptonian? Also, I disagree. Though very talented with his ring, I haven't seen much to show that Atrocitus touches Superman in strength. Closest I've seen was when he threw around MM, but MM wasn't trying to fight him at all. Also, Kyle himself was getting handled by an Imperiex probe. If Kyle was truly strong enough to contain that level of force, he would have been sent alone to capture Mongul. If Kyle was really that powerful, he wouldn't have lost to Sinestro and Atrocitus like he has. Also, there is a reason why Thor's showing are low on Earth and when he is with human companions. We've been through this.

#74 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjonlir could be used to suck the rings dry.

But Thor is too stupid to do that, Lanterns win.

Usually id agree with this but Thor only fights dumb against bricks, against high level energy users Thor busts out the tricks, and bloodlusted hed do the lanters up, unless he goes warriors madness then its a toss up because he will fight foolishly.

#75 Edited by Dredeuced (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy said:

@dredeuced: Are you saying that Superman is your typical Kryptonian? Also, I disagree. Though very talented with his ring, I haven't seen much to show that Atrocitus touches Superman in strength. Also, Kyle himself was getting handled by an Imperiex probe. If Kyle was truly strong enough to contain that level of force, he would have been sent alone to capture Mongul. If Kyle was really that powerful, he wouldn't have lost to Sinestro and Atrocitus like he has. Also, there is a reason why Thor's showing are low on Earth and when he is with human companions. We've been through this.

Relevant point, but Atrocitus has Superman level strength before he got his ring, is my point. Everyone lost to Imperiex probes, then showed up and performed even better later on in OWAW -- it's your typical plot construction of struggle early and finish strong.

Losing to Sinestro and Atrocitus isn't a particularly low showing...? He's beaten them and greater foes before, as well. Thor's lost to weaker foes plenty of times. "Holding back" can only explain so much. Thor would not shrug off planet busting blasts nor would he have a shot at breaking constructs that can contain Ultraman for hours.

#76 Posted by gav (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry if Thor's feats don’t fit with your preconceived notion of who the victor should be. Thor absorbs the blasts and shatters their skulls with his hammer. He's bloodlusted, they are toast, and he will have two new rings at the end of this fight.

#77 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I have never seen Atrocitus exhibit something to show me he has the strength that Superman has. Also they're not low showings. I just pointed those losses out to show you that Kyle doesn't actually pack that kind of power. Also, Kyle doesn't pack the same kind or morality that Kyle has. Furthermore, Thor has destroyed planets with his strength and has dealt with forces of black holes and supernovas. He, and two others, bull-tackled Gorr into a star. He's cracked the helmet of Galactus. All current feats that are consistent with his history. He isn't as weak and delicate as you presume him to be.

#78 Posted by Perethorn (4780 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy:

The one who cracked the helmet of Galactus was BRB not Thor

#79 Posted by SOG7dc (10036 posts) - - Show Bio

either one of these lanterns would be a handful for thor if theyre bloodlusted. an inspired hal Jordan? dude recreated an entire city with intricate detail and even people going about their day and kyle?

he's actually made a giant Thor before lol. lanterns get no respect on the vine

#80 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn: Thor has cracked it as well, and then tackled Silver Surfer on to the surface of Mars.

#81 Edited by MonsterStomp (24309 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is a beast and Hal is a monster. I say the Team takes this handily. They have good team working skills and are two on the most powerful lanterns out.

#82 Posted by Wolverine08 (47910 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone want some scans of Thor's power, speed, energy absorbing skills, etc. to show he can beat the Lanterns?

#83 Edited by SOG7dc (10036 posts) - - Show Bio

hal has condensed the atomic structure of a star, created space warps, beat evil star with ease, used his ring to track energy signatures, rekindled a dying star, held a supernova, blasted a hole in amazo after amazo had superman and WW's abilities, traveled 132 light years in mere seconds, will carrying the jla, converted people into negative radiant energy, destroyed a planet, healed himelf...

he is on Thor's level. period. and if they fought 10 times I say 6/10 Hal

#84 Edited by Wolverine08 (47910 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Thor has easily lifted a serpent that was estimated to be the sixe of earth. Blown through black holes like it was nothing, flown faster than hyperspace at 10,000+ FTL, punched Galactus with enough force to actually make him feel pain, killed Sentry in a couple of blows, fought celestials without the Odin Force, outspeed Silver Surfer, created black holes, beat Molecule Man, tanked hits from Destroyer with no physical discomfort, caused worldwide thunderstorms survived explosions from FOUR Mjnoir like weapons, resisted Destroyer's ray of disinegration, destroyed planets, dodged blasts that are way faster than the speed of sound with ease, etc. He's COMPLETELY on a different level than Hal and takes a battle with him 7-8/10 times. You're overrating Hal.

#85 Posted by SOG7dc (10036 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: U may have missed the "Kyle made a Thor" feat lol and for a Chester that has the most powerful weapon in the universe that can do anything he imagines. I dint think I'm overrting him

#86 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Hal's not really the threat here. Kyle is. Kyle's imagination is immense.

#87 Posted by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Hal's not really the threat here. Kyle is. Kyle's imagination is immense.

The ring is driven by will power, not imagination. Hal is the greatest for a reason. And while making creative constructs has its advantages, it also has its drawbacks. But, both Hal and Kyle are nearly equal in power and feats... they are both threats.

#88 Edited by Reignmaker (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thread. You know, at least half these people who are siding with the Lanterns would change their positions if this were a Superman vs. two lanterns thread. Thor takes it.

#89 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thread. You know, at least half these people who are siding with the Lanterns would change their positions if this were a Superman vs. two lanterns thread. Thor takes it.

HA, you funny, Superman has trouble with Hal on his own and there's already been a Superman vs Kyle thread, he lost. Shows how much you know.

Thor still loses.

#90 Posted by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

If that were true, I'd imagine the reasoning would be similar to why many feel Superman would defeat Thor... combat speed. Superman doesnt have the power to take down 2 of the top Lanterns, but with speed-blitzing... it's a game changer a lot of times.

#91 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: The ring is driven by will, but it is imagination which actually gives the ring itself title "greatest weapon in the universe". The ring's capabilities are only restricted by the user's imagination, and Kyle is way more imaginative than Hal. Also, I don't accept Hal as the greatest GL. I feel Jon and Kyle are above him. Jon's ring can't even handle the sheer amounts of will he has, and Kyle's imagination is the greatest of all the GLs. He seems overrated. I can see Thor tearing through his constructs.

#92 Posted by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: The ring is driven by will, but it is imagination which actually gives the ring itself title "greatest weapon in the universe". The ring's capabilities are only restricted by the user's imagination, and Kyle is way more imaginative than Hal. Also, I don't accept Hal as the greatest GL. I feel Jon and Kyle are above him. Jon's ring can't even handle the sheer amounts of will he has, and Kyle's imagination is the greatest of all the GLs. He seems overrated. I can see Thor tearing through his constructs.

The ring is not "only restricted by the user's imagination", the ring is limited by the will power of the user and the upper limit to how much power and powers it can effect. In other words, there are many, many things that the user can imagine that the ring cant do.

#93 Posted by MonsterStomp (24309 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman >> Thor

I don't even think Superman can take both Hal and Kyle imo.

#94 Posted by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker said:

Superman >> Thor

I don't even think Superman can take both Hal and Kyle imo.

I agree Superman cant take Hal and Kyle at the same time.

Yes, bloodlusted Superman is scary, but bloodlusted Hal is also scary and IMO more so than Kyle. A bloodlusted Supes can take a bloodlusted Hal, but not both. And I seem to remember a scan of Kyle creating green Kryptonite.

#95 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Will power gets it running, but you're basically just shooting lasers without imagination. Kyle has that in spades. When Kyle says he can do anything with his ring, I actually believe him. He's potent and unpredictable. That's why he is far more dangerous and to me than Hal. Superman's put away Hal multiple times, but Kyle could turn Superman's blood into gasoline if he wanted to. He just comes off as the superior GL.

#96 Edited by WillPayton (11295 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Will power gets it running, but you're basically just shooting lasers without imagination. Kyle has that in spades. When Kyle says he can do anything with his ring, I actually believe him. He's potent and unpredictable. That's why he is far more dangerous and to me than Hal. Superman's put away Hal multiple times, but Kyle could turn Superman's blood into gasoline if he wanted to. He just comes off as the superior GL.

Hal has plenty of imagination, he doesnt just "shoot lasers".

You dont seem to know how Power Rings work or what their limits are. Just because you think Kyle can do anything doenst mean he can. You really just sound like a fanboy. The rings have fairly well defined power sets and a definite maximum to how much power they can output.

#97 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I never said Hal just shoots lasers. I said that is all you can do without imagination is just shoot lasers. Imagination is a huge part of what makes a GL actually powerful. Jon's constructs aren't sturdy just because he has lots of will. He's an architect, and actually imagines every single detail of his creations. His will is great, but it wouldn't be much if not for his imagination. And Hal has moderate levels of imagination. Doesn't really touch Kyle, who is a natural artist, and is bursting with it. And of course it has limits, though Kyle has much fewer limits, for his ring is better and he's more imaginative.

#99 Posted by Dratini1331 (7142 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@supernategames said:

Thor. Green lanterns have never really impressed me. They have the power to create anything they want with the ring and they choose to make a giant fist or something stupid.

Ahem... HAL does that.

Kyle makes anime girls and giant robots and godzilla and stuff like that. Kyle is a boss.

LOL! I need to get my hands on those comics haha

#100 Edited by Reignmaker (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: I'm the funny one? New 52 Supes destroyed Hal. Heck, New 52 Wonder Woman destroyed Hal. Going pre-52 doesn't change how this would go down. Both are on record for destroying constructs.

In my opinion, Thor isn't quite at S-Man's level but he's in his ballpark when he isn't being a jobber. According to Dan Jurgens, who had extensive runs on both characters, Thor is more powerful than Superman. That would suggest they are close.

Now I agree that Kyle is a better GL than Hal, but I he can't be that much better. We're not talking White Lantern or anything. If you're going to rely on some fanboy thread previously posted on the Vine rather than mainstream continuity, I guess we know where your priorites are. Thor still wins.