XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xlr87t3 said:
@tightskin said:

Anyways back to the topic, i can see some BFR or magic doing bad things to doomsday if he lets Thor charge his attacks

Doomsday can still be defeated by energy attacks, but it has to be a oneshot. Otherwise he comes back and adapts

Doubt it. He fought the radiant and killed that then hit the OB and was fine. It's going to have to be planetary plus to trouble him.

The Radiant killed Doomsday first. It was a curbstomp. Then Doomsday came back and adapted to his energies and defeated the Radiant. The Omega Beams weren't as powerful as the Radiant, and has a different energy type, so it's not comparable. In the story, the Radiant was powerful enough to destroy 1/5 of the planet, which is why Doomsday "died".

Tightskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Why am i being quote tagged again and again lol

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

Thor seriously hurt Galactus and almost killed him with a godblast. Galactus>Anti-Moniter. Again, Thor is significantly more powerful than Post Crisis Superman.

are you talking about this feat?

No Caption Provided

I think it's from Thor Vol 1 no.161

the summary of the comic fight reads as follows:

Working together, the group constructs a weapon that channels Ego's massive energies through Thor's hammer and fires a beam at Galactus. The force of the beam causes Galactus great pain and threatens to destroy him. Not wanting to be destroyed, Galactus decides it's best that he depart and flees the Black Galaxy in defeat.

this was a combined feat of both Thor and Ego, which is more logical than Thor doing this himself since Ego has actually given Galan a proper fight by himself in the past, and Thor's GB has never really been shown to be this powerful to my knowledge. Maybe you're talking about another feat though, if you are; please send it. Consistently it's probably a tad bit over Star level.

Because of the speed difference, which is almost as large as the power difference. Equalize reaction time, and we have a KO'd or dead kryptonian, depending on Thor's mood. If plot makes Superman fight Thor like Doomsday, the results would be the same.

uhm, no? If you match their speed, Superman still has his superior fighting skills, intellect, strength (if we disregard classic Thor), and agility over Thor. Superman has feats of taking hits that match Thor's hits, of course so does Thor vice versa but has he fought a well trained fighter like Superman? Also Doomsday has speed feats of his own; sticking to the topic at hand no speed equalizing makes Doomsday murder Thor.

Also I saw your comment about how Doomsday never felt planet level punches, I should say the same Superman I provided with a Star level hit still needed Earth 1 Superman's help to take down H/P doomsday (there's a scan of both Earth 1 and 2 Superman punching Doomsday in the face). Meaning H/P can take a lot more than just planet lvl hits.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

And the Ob didn't actually kill him, he adapted midway through

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat:I was talking about another feat, but it doesn't matter when he has better ones. BTW it's much easier for me to just quote someone

For anyone who needs physical evidence of my "claims", here are scans of various Godblasts failing to harm Arishem. I also included scans of the Godblast used on Exitar at the end of Alone Against The Celestials and a rough idea of how much power Thor channeled into that final Godblast. Note: The events in the first scan below took place during The Third Host, which took place 1000 years prior to the Fourth. The events in all other scans took place after The Fourth Host.

Odin, Vishnu and Zeus perform a "Tri-Godblast" on Arishem:

I know the attack wasn't referred to as a Godblast in this but, if my memory is serving me correctly, the term Godblast hadn't been coined yet.
I know the attack wasn't referred to as a Godblast in this but, if my memory is serving me correctly, the term Godblast hadn't been coined yet.

Thor Godblasts Arishem:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor Godblasts Exitar and actually does something, but ends up paying a most terrible price, two prices actually. Unfortunately I don't have scans of Exitar hocking Thor up like a loogie and spewing him out over the far-distant horizon of the seemingly doomed world of Pangoria:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Extra Content: This is a rough idea of the actual level of power Thor channeled into Mjolnir in order to perform his final Godblast:

You'd think that such power would have allowed Thor to, at the very least, cut the connection Exitar uses to control his armor and interact with the mortal realm from hyperspace, but it doesn't.
You'd think that such power would have allowed Thor to, at the very least, cut the connection Exitar uses to control his armor and interact with the mortal realm from hyperspace, but it doesn't.

Godblast is a legit skyfather level attack. Which is why Thor actually threaten to kill Ego with it in as recent as 2012.

uhm, no? If you match their speed, Superman still has his superior fighting skills, intellect, strength (if we disregard classic Thor), and agility over Thor. Superman has feats of taking hits that match Thor's hits, of course so does Thor vice versa but has he fought a well trained fighter like Superman? Also Doomsday has speed feats of his own; sticking to the topic at hand no speed equalizing makes Doomsday murder Thor.

Superman isn't a skillful fighter. Thor is a skillful fighter when he has to, Superman is simply skillful while fighting due to his intelligence and brainpower. Not always useful against someone who actually knows how to fight. Superman's melee skills frankly pale in comparison to Thor who is at least an expert at using multiple different weapon types and their corresponding martial arts. But ultimately, both of them are brawlers 90% of the time so the skill argument is useless. It'll come down to who hits harder, like in most fights, which means Thor clobbers him. Doomsday on the other hand is not faster than Thor. He's fast...for his size. But Superman refuses to use his speed because of plot, just like with Grundy and other bricks. The only times Superman ever uses his speed against Doomsday was when he bullrushed him into a building in DoS, where he still moved slow enough that a bunch of kids could see it and Doomsday couldn't even react to him, and the other time when he fought Doomsday Rex and blitzed him. Thor has actual speed feats outside PIS, like creating sonic booms and speedblitzing Hela "as swift as the very lightning".

Also I saw your comment about how Doomsday never felt planet level punches, I should say the same Superman I provided with a Star level hit still needed Earth 1 Superman's help to take down H/P doomsday (there's a scan of both Earth 1 and 2 Superman punching Doomsday in the face). Meaning H/P can take a lot more than just planet lvl hits.

Earth 1? You mean the edgelord Superman?

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

Superman is trained in kryptotian fighting styles.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos legit beat Ego up physically >.> I mean, just show either of these having the damage output to put Thanos down ? No? Okay

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This thread should die.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos telepathically controls Doomsday and makes him fight WB Hulk. Then Thanos finishes off the winner.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos telepathically controls Doomsday and makes him fight WB Hulk. Then Thanos finishes off the winner.

Doomsday is immune to TP

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

And yet Brainiac overtook him.

@xlr87t3:

No, Doomsday simply tanked it, and then adapted after surviving.

@xlr87t3:

So what? That's not as good as Viking martial arts, let alone Asgardian. Superman essentially learned basic police/soldier CQC, and only for a few days.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

And yet Brainiac overtook him.

@xlr87t3:

No, Doomsday simply tanked it, and then adapted after surviving.

@xlr87t3:

So what? That's not as good as Viking martial arts, let alone Asgardian. Superman essentially learned basic police/soldier CQC, and only for a few days.

Wasn't Doomsday that was a genetically engineered clone brainiac made because he couldn't wipe doomsdays thoughts.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still tears them limb from limb

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still tears them limb from limb

Hasn't got a chance DD is too much for him.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By TheHierarchy

@clownprinceofcrime1995: EDIT: Im sorry, I thought this was a different battle.

Thanos tears them apart as he's replicated their feats and better, much better even.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@xlr87t3: I don't understand how a Godblast from Vishnu, Odin, and Zues could be considered a Godblast feat for Thor, unless I misinterpreted the reason behind it being mentioned (in which case you can tell me why it was included). Thor's GB on Arishem did nothing but shatter mountains around. His GB on Exitar was amped by the belt of might you can see that when Thor says 'because not even Mjionir can safely contain energies of such intensity'. I don't understand what the point of discussing this is, Thor isn't in the battle and I never said Superman can output more attack than him (Also I just read your last post to me and how you said Galactus > Anti-Monitor...seriously?). The fact of the matter is Thor could use his GB on Doomsday if Doomsday just sits there twiddling his thumbs, but he'd never be able to do twice.

Superman isn't a skillful fighter. Thor is a skillful fighter when he has to, Superman is simply skillful while fighting due to his intelligence and brainpower. Not always useful against someone who actually knows how to fight. Superman's melee skills frankly pale in comparison to Thor who is at least an expert at using multiple different weapon types and their corresponding martial arts.

This is incorrect, I can give you a bunch of feats where Superman fights using martial art skills and his knowledge of pressure points. Can you honestly say the same for Thor? The fact of the matter is Superman > Thor; in terms of fighting skill. He even solo'd Ultraman and Superwoman on their own planet (there was something about home planet advantage that made the universe always make Ultraman beat Superman on Ultramar's earth) because Superman had superior skill.

But ultimately, both of them are brawlers 90% of the time so the skill argument is useless. It'll come down to who hits harder, like in most fights, which means Thor clobbers him.

Sperman is only a brawler when he handled incorrectly by writers. When handled like a half competent person, he utilizes all his powers and skills together. You can see this when he fought an Imperiex Probe, same Probes were able to solo the rest of the League. Almost every incarnation of Superman from Post-crisis to now has some form of fighting IQ.

Doomsday on the other hand is not faster than Thor. He's fast...for his size. But Superman refuses to use his speed because of plot, just like with Grundy and other bricks. The only times Superman ever uses his speed against Doomsday was when he bullrushed him into a building in DoS, where he still moved slow enough that a bunch of kids could see it and Doomsday couldn't even react to him, and the other time when he fought Doomsday Rex and blitzed him. Thor has actual speed feats outside PIS, like creating sonic booms and speedblitzing Hela "as swift as the very lightning".

This is also wrong, Doomsday was able to Blitz Superman to where Superman narrates 'he's faster than lighting'. Doomsday also solo'd Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Wally West, and Orion who are all speedsters well above the level of anybody mentioned in this forum so far. He was also too fast for Guy Gardener to see moving. Also there is this scan that I found by accident lol.

No Caption Provided

btw if you want me to provide scans of anything I mentioned just ask. I only didn't put them in already because I'm at work right now and I don't want people walking by my desk to see me looking at pictures of comics lol.

Earth 1? You mean the edgelord Superman?

lol nah, that's New Earth Superman. Earth 1 Superman is the guy who was killed by Doomsday and wore his underwear outside his pants for his entire career.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: EDIT: Im sorry, I thought this was a different battle.

Thanos tears them apart as he's replicated their feats and better, much better even.

He adapts to any attack on the fly and becomes immune to it then?

emetheto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: well said, might I also add that doomsday also has tagged speedsters all the time?

Can we agree Wally west > Thor in terms of combat speed?

Also DD adopted on the fly to absorb Green lantern energy when he fought a bunch of lanterns. He also absorbed the energy lifeforce from solaris on the fly.

HP DD was a some point so virtually unkillable, that he HAD to be BFR'D to the end of time.

Same applies to rebirth, nobody had any answers to DD, so what did the do? BFR'D him through a phantom zone beam. ( Which he has broken out of before on his own).

DD and WBH wins 9/10

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: What immunity was on the level of an attack from Thanos? And he never adapted to immunity from blunt force or energy attacks.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: What immunity was on the level of an attack from Thanos? And he never adapted to immunity from blunt force or energy attacks.

This is HP doomsday, he was immune to physical attacks and every energy attack he faced he tanked. He was stated to be "beyond death" and the only way they could get rid of him was by dumping him at the end of the time.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Galactus hits HP Doomsday once and Entropy wont even be needed. I need feats not statements that mean nothing.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps them both

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

Brainiac was mind-controlling him the whole time he was fighting Superman and the JL + Orion. So no, telepathy is quit effective against HPD, an ability Thanos happened to have as one of his main abilities and you get the rest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

Nope.

@thebestofthebest said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

Brainiac was mind-controlling him the whole time he was fighting Superman and the JL + Orion. So no, telepathy is quit effective against HPD, an ability Thanos happened to have as one of his main abilities and you get the rest.

Yep. Pretty much, thebestofthebest nailed it. Doomsday has been controlled by Brainiac. There is literally no reason why Thanos cannot do the same and in fact, will do in this setting.

Then Thanos will wipe out the victor.

*shrugs*

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

Nope.

@thebestofthebest said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

Doomsday is immune to TP

Yep. Pretty much, thebestofthebest nailed it. Doomsday has been controlled by Brainiac. There is literally no reason why Thanos cannot do the same and in fact, will do in this setting.

Then Thanos will wipe out the victor.

*shrugs*

Yes he is and doomsday has not been controlled by brainiac. He controlled a clone of doomsday he created because he couldn't wipe the mind of the original. Also J'onn couldn't TP him and he's a top tier telepath.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: What are you even talking about? He did not create a Doomsday clone at all, he mind-controlled HP Doomsday himself aka the original Doomsday from DoS story arc. He went back in time and saved him from the Entropy bomb which was going to erase every single trace of his existence alongside the universe and brought him back to the present day and then dropped him on Earth to get to Superman. Shortly after his mano y mano with the league, he was BFR'ed into another reality and that's it, that's where his story ended.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is and doomsday has not been controlled by brainiac. He controlled a clone of doomsday he created because he couldn't wipe the mind of the original. Also J'onn couldn't TP him and he's a top tier telepath.

....as noted by the bestofthebest....

@thebestofthebest said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: What are you even talking about? He did not create a Doomsday clone at all, he mind-controlled HP Doomsday himself aka the original Doomsday from DoS story arc. He went back in time and saved him from the Entropy bomb which was going to erase every single trace of his existence alongside the universe and brought him back to the present day and then dropped him on Earth to get to Superman. Shortly after his mano y mano with the league, he was BFR'ed into another reality and that's it, that's where his story ended.

So, yes in fact. Doomsday can be telepathically controlled. Thanos can literally turn Doomsday against WB Hulk and let these two duke it out and then he can fight the winner.

Done. End of story.

Please lock.

Thing about Thanos is he extraordinarily tough to beat. Physically one of the strongest beings there is, esoterics, including matter and energy manipulation on a high scale.

His durability is the stuff of LEGEND....on any comic book website. He tanked a continuous stream of energy from Odin on a day when Odin one shotted the Surfer and Drax the Destroyer (both who cruise through stars for fun).

As much as I respect H/P Doomsday, even with the addition of Hulk (who incidentally has been controlled by Thanos' telepathy, and otherwise mesmerized by Thanos on another occasion), these guys aren't beating Thanos. The guy is closer to high tier sky father level than anything else. He is beyond H/P Doomsday and WB Hulk.

With his last power up, he beat a Phoenix force enhanced Thane.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....as noted by the bestofthebest....

@thebestofthebest said:

So, yes in fact. Doomsday can be telepathically controlled. Thanos can literally turn Doomsday against WB Hulk and let these two duke it out and then he can fight the winner.

Done. End of story.

Please lock.

Thing about Thanos is he extraordinarily tough to beat. Physically one of the strongest beings there is, esoterics, including matter and energy manipulation on a high scale.

His durability is the stuff of LEGEND....on any comic book website. He tanked a continuous stream of energy from Odin on a day when Odin one shotted the Surfer and Drax the Destroyer (both who cruise through stars for fun).

As much as I respect H/P Doomsday, even with the addition of Hulk (who incidentally has been controlled by Thanos' telepathy, and otherwise mesmerized by Thanos on another occasion), these guys aren't beating Thanos. The guy is closer to high tier sky father level than anything else. He is beyond H/P Doomsday and WB Hulk.

With his last power up, he beat a Phoenix force enhanced Thane.

For a start this is a whole bunch of wrong. At the end of Doomsday wars which is the story with braniac they put DD into 4 teleporters so he couldn't escape. He temporarily TP'd DD until he was forced out because of DDs resistance which is why he created clones plus I haven't seen any impressive TP feats from Thanos. On top of this DD wars is AFTER HP where he showed the ability to resist MMH so none of these feats are relevant as they are a different version of the character.

What the hell are you on about an entropy bomb? At the end of HP they dropped him at the end of time to be destroyed by entropy

Yeah go on an Odin Vs Thanos thread, Odin stomps Thanos.

Has this version of hulk been TP controlled? This is WBH Hulk it's a different animal from savage.

You're using power ups...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday is immune to TP?

Says who?

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Telepathically stomping him or physically beating him? Because if its just through physical means Thanos TP's him.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Telepathically stomping him or physically beating him? Because if its just through physical means Thanos TP's him.

J'onn trying to TP him and failing then doomsday gaining the ability to shoot fire at J'onn because he evolves to his enemies weakness in HP.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah sorry the fire breath thing was later not in the HP series. Was Doomsday rex. In HP he evolves around J'onns phasing got confused to which one is which.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: So does HP Doomsday have any anti-pelepathic feats or not, as Thanos does not faze.

But he has shown to adapt to someone abilities on the fly so he could just adapt to thanos' TP and become immune like he eventually did in the comics when it was used on him. Any attack Thanos throws at doomsday won't work.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Flying is not the same as telepathy, so you have no evidence to say Doomsday can suddenly adapt to that. And given that Doomsday has never adapted to attacks on Thanos' level, you have no evidence to suggest that he can adapt to them in such a short timeframe.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Flying is not the same as telepathy, so you have no evidence to say Doomsday can suddenly adapt to that. And given that Doomsday has never adapted to attacks on Thanos' level, you have no evidence to suggest that he can adapt to them in such a short timeframe.

ON THE FLY. Not flying jesus Christ.

He's adapted to the Omega Beams.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

Excuse me, I read that completely wrong, my fault.

So? 1. Thats still not TP in any shape way or form. 2. Thanos hits a lot harder than OBs

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:

So? 1. Thats still not TP in any shape way or form. 2. Thanos hits a lot harder than OBs

It's fine.

He does later on in a different run once someone tries it. What are Thano's feats in TP exactly, never hear him mentioned in the upper tiers.

The OB are supposed to kill on contact if you don't have Source protection if Darkseid wills it. Clearly he wanted to kill DD by his remark afterwards stating DD was beyond death. Also I would argue darkseid hits harder. Ragdolling the JLA is more impressive than anything Thanos has done without amps.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:
@thehierarchy said:

It's fine.

He does later on in a different run once someone tries it. What are Thano's feats in TP exactly, never hear him mentioned in the upper tiers.

The OB are supposed to kill on contact if you don't have Source protection if Darkseid wills it. Clearly he wanted to kill DD by his remark afterwards stating DD was beyond death. Also I would argue darkseid hits harder. Ragdolling the JLA is more impressive than anything Thanos has done without amps.

Assaulting Galactus for a short while, TP'ing Moondragon who has TP'd planets and has beaten more powerful. TP'd resistent beings like Hulk and the list goes on.

Supposed to is the right word here.

Ragdolling the JLA is great and all but none of them have ever busted a planet, Thanos trashes people that bust planets and bathe in suns for fun with one hand. Examples would be Silver Surfer, Classic Drax, Lord Mar-Vell and more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

wow. This has surpassed TOWKs level.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos didnt TP hulk, he mentally dominated him and made him oneshot Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clownprinceofcrime1995 said:

Ah sorry the fire breath thing was later not in the HP series. Was Doomsday rex. In HP he evolves around J'onns phasing got confused to which one is which.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let's begin shall we?

I'll address the scan from Superman 175 in a moment.

The scan to the right of it above that you submitted, is from Superman/Doomsday Wars....you didn't give the full context did you? Or....maybe you just didn't read the book carefully enough?

Below, a telepathically controlled H/P Doomsday explains to Diana why the Martian didn't have any affect on him with his TP....

No Caption Provided

In fact, Superman/Doomsday Wars begins with a fight between Superman and Brainiac. Brainiac was hurting Clark badly with a Psi blast until Clark pulled the rug out from underneath him with a "psi blocker", which prevented Brainiac from further mentally dominating Clark.

The plan Brainiac had in mind was to transfer his badly burned body into the body of H/P Doomsday. A Coluan (Vnok) recovered Doomsday's by travelling time and recovering the Kryptonian nightmare's body a micro second before it was to perish in entropy (as seen from Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, the previous story).

This body would serve as a new body for the mind of Brainiac. Brainiac did indeed transfer his ENTIRE PSI ESSENCE into Doomsday's head, thus taking full control of Doomsday.

Later, Superman was able to defeat this Brainiac controlled Doomsday with the same Psi blocker he used against Brainiac earlier in the story, thus freeing H/P Doomsday from Brainiac's telepathic control.

....as far as Superman 175....

So, the full context behind the story in issue 175 of Superman marked the 100th issue from the issue that featured the first death of Superman in his fight with Doomsday (issue 75 of Superman, volume 2). In that story, we see the same...utterly ridiculous scan you post above of Doomsday....somehow magically resisting Martian Manhunter's telepathic control of him....

....a contrast to what we saw in the earlier story (Superman/Doomsday Wars) and scan I provided above....Brainiac was clearly blocking the Martian's ability to detect Him/Doomsday.

Later, we see Doctor Psycho, a powerful telepath in his own right, telepathically controlling Doomsday....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So it's clear that MOST writers believe Doomsday can be controlled telepathically. Additionally, when the Martian is around, it is further believed that another telepath needs to be present to somehow block, or otherwise keep from detecting the controlling telepath, the Martian's telepathic power against Doomsday.....

so this.....

No Caption Provided

Doesn't square with other showings of Doomsday being controlled telepathically.

And, hey....you should've known something was wrong with the scan above because it was written by Jeph Loeb who, as I mentioned, was celebrating Clark's 100th issue from his death...at the hands of Doomsday.

Incidentally, Clark beat Doomsday down handily in that book....which is not something we commonly see when Clark faces Doomsday. All kinds of asterisks are in that story....

As far as Thanos having the telepathic OOMPHH to control Doomsday?

Why not? He's beaten Moondragon, a powerful telepath in her own right.

I see no reason why Thanos can't control Doomsday, force him to fight WB Hulk, then beat the crap out of the winner.

And let's not forget this.....

For a start this is a whole bunch of wrong.

Nope.

It's a whole bunch of right.

At the end of Doomsday wars which is the story with braniac they put DD into 4 teleporters so he couldn't escape. He temporarily TP'd DD until he was forced out because of DDs resistance which is why he created clones plus I haven't seen any impressive TP feats from Thanos.

Wut.

Vnok had prepared a technological process to make the transfer of Brainiac's mind into Doomsday's body, and to make it so Brainiac would not always struggle with Doomsday trying to resist the control. However, that whole thing went awry and Brainiac had to improvise....actually transferring his entire psi essence into Doomsday and he controlled Doomsday telepathically for most of the story until Clark interrupted Brainiac's TP control with the psi blocker he used earlier in the same story to keep Brainiac from controlling him telepathically....

No Caption Provided

Is is starting to sink in yet?

As far as Thanos TP feats, consistently beating Moondragon....every time they've had a TP battle, mind wiping the post retconned Beyonder, making the Fallen One his herald....more than enough to control Doomsday who has no legitimate TP resistance feats...

...so...yeah....

On top of this DD wars is AFTER HP where he showed the ability to resist MMH so none of these feats are relevant as they are a different version of the character.

As mentioned, the Doomsday from Doomsday Wars is the same Doomsday from Hunter Prey, as he was rescued from entropy by Vnok who traveled time during the events of Zero Hour....so wrong again.....

What the hell are you on about an entropy bomb? At the end of HP they dropped him at the end of time to be destroyed by entropy

Yeah go on an Odin Vs Thanos thread, Odin stomps Thanos.

Straw manning? I never said anything about an entropy bomb....sheesh.

As mentioned, that version of Doomsday was brought back from the time stream....right before entropy consumed him.

As far as Odin vs Thanos....my point is that Thanos is closer in power to someone like Zeus or Odin. I never said anything about him beating Odin.

I don't think he can beat Odin. But he sure put up one more heluva fight against him, and Odin could NOT put him down the same day he one shotted the Surfer and Drax.

Has this version of hulk been TP controlled? This is WBH Hulk it's a different animal from savage.

You're using power ups...

There are far too many contradictions in Hulk's entire continuity as far as his alleged TP resistance to say with any confidence that he can resist telepathic control. As well, the mechanism for Hulk's alleged TP resistance....changes from story to story. Sometimes, it's because of his intense rage....other times it's because of his lower intelligence. I won't argue this point, because the subject itself could take pages to cover. Hence, I focused my TP comments on the guy that, anyone who knows anything about Doomsday, should not argue.

As well, Thanos has better strength feats than either WB Hulk or H/P Doomsday...and as mentioned...his durability feats are legendary. Physically, Thanos should be able to hang with both these combatants and he can certainly take any punishment they dish out. Dude has power house force fields, transmutation, power house energy blasts, etc....

As far as the version of Thanos, the one that fought Hulk and Annihilus in Infinity Relativity wins this just fine.

Thanos wins this man.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: I was certain there was some context behind those scans, thank you for clearing it all up.

And agreed, Thanos wins this relatively easily.

Avatar image for bluelettermedia
BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps. Also LMAO at the Doomsday highballing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: I was certain there was some context behind those scans, thank you for clearing it all up.

And agreed, Thanos wins this relatively easily.

Oh sure thing!