Superman vs Thor (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@uugieboogie: What makes an asgardian knife better than heat vision? Or even better than an ordinary knife? The fact that it pierced him says something about his durability. Same as how Loki was impaled by a spear. Thor could possibly block heat vision but he would have to always block it or he just might get sliced in half.

Because the Asgardian knife actually has feats behind it. A regular knife (as seen on Agents of Shield Ep "The Well" )couldn't do anything to a base Asgardian & then we see an Asgardian knife pierce Thor which is why we say Asgardian knife > human knife. There's no feats to suggest the Heat vision will have the same affect. Thor took blast from Gungir (Odin's spear) which disintegrated Frost Giants in the beginning of the movie & at the end when Loki used it. Thor blocked/deflected all of the Destroyers blast & again Superman has not shown the ability to do a continuous stream of his heat vision we see that it hurts his eyes when he uses it to melt the beam when he's fighting Zod he had to close his eyes which also left him open to an attack from Zod. So there's no proof that Superman can "cut him in half" with it. Also in character Superman doesn't even consistently use it the way you're talking. He used it once again Zod, once against the ship & once against Faora/Zod IIRC (I could be mistaken).

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: In no way does it prove the lasers speed, done with this, you are clearly reaching and only seeing what you want to see.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: In no way does it prove the lasers speed, done with this, you are clearly reaching and only seeing what you want to see.

I'm not even sure why you came to this thread or if you even know what you're talking about... You clearly openly admitted you didn't even know who you were talking too. I don't get why you pull stuff like this constantly.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Using his heat vision in almost every situation seems pretty in character to me. Its an option he brings to the table when he fights. Unless Thor has the same durability as any other asgardian, i still dont see why that knife should pierce him and make him bleed. All that has proven is that Asgardian knives are sharper and tougher than a human knife. We don't know by how much. Those same frost giants were killed by asgardian weapons, so tanking a blast from Gungir doesn't seem so impressive. Thor can block heat vision, sure, but it's still something he would need to account for. Clark's speed and strength should do the trick anyway.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

I'm not even sure why you came to this thread or if you even know what you're talking about... You clearly openly admitted you didn't even know who you were talking too. I don't get why you pull stuff like this constantly.

At one point you and the guy I was talking to responded to me at the same time so I was confused for a second, not anymore. I did not know the positions of the 3 people I was talking to. I responded to one guy, some other guy responded to me and then you responded to me also.

Now you are trying to say that I do not even know what I am talking about to distract me from the fact that you cannot prove the speed the blasts. Good job.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Pull what constantly? I have never even talked to you, and if I did I do not remember(probably because you are boring) name 2 other times I did got mixed up because I was having a conversation with three people.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1808 nwname  Moderator

@monte-cristo: Asgardian knifes >>>>>>>>>>> Normal knifes. A knife did Nothing to sif. And thor >>>> sif.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Using his heat vision in almost every situation seems pretty in character to me. Its an option he brings to the table when he fights. Unless Thor has the same durability as any other asgardian, i still dont see why that knife should pierce him and make him bleed. All that has proven is that Asgardian knives are sharper and tougher than a human knife. We don't know by how much. Those same frost giants were killed by asgardian weapons, so tanking a blast from Gungir doesn't seem so impressive. Thor can block heat vision, sure, but it's still something he would need to account for. Clark's speed and strength should do the trick anyway.

That clearly shows the Asgardian knife is different from a regular knife. That Asgardian was a farmer before he joined the army, no reason why his durability would be any greater than Thor's. So, Asgardian knife has feats behind whereas there's no feats to suggest Superman heat vision can cut Thor in half. Frost Giants were killed by Asgardian weapons yes but Odin's spear was DISINTEGRATING them, not just killing them & Thor took 3 blast IIRC. Ginger is far more impressive than any other Asgardian weapon shown & even Mjolnir's lightning. Again for the um-teenth time Superman has no good combat speed, so Thor doesn't have to account for that.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

At one point you and the guy I was talking to responded to me at the same time so I was confused for a second, not anymore. I did not know the positions of the 3 people I was talking to. I responded to one guy, some other guy responded to me and then you responded to me also.

Now you are trying to say that I do not even know what I am talking about to distract me from the fact that you cannot prove the speed the blasts. Good job.

See you don't know what you're talking about. I never said anything in regards to the speed of the lasers YOU brought that up to ME because YOU thought I was comparing the to bullets. All i said was its a better reaction feat than what Superman displayed... See where you got confused?

@uugieboogie: Pull what constantly? I have never even talked to you, and if I did I do not remember(probably because you are boring) name 2 other times I did got mixed up because I was having a conversation with three people.

You constantly troll people & derail threads going off topic. You trolled that guy because he told the OP his description of "PreNew 52" was bit confusing & you just trolled a guy earlier because he wrote the post as someone else. Something you do consistently & people are seeing a pattern with you.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

You constantly troll people. You trolled that guy because he told the OP his description of "PreNew 52" was bit confusing & you just trolled a guy earlier because he wrote the post as someone else. Something you do consistently & people are seeing a pattern with you.

Now your butthurt so you will accuse me of trolling because you cannot prove your stance in this argument, good job. No idea what the first thing you are talking about is. But The one guy copy and pasted the guys comment above him and bolded it, I found this funny/weird so I quoted it. The guy then called me a weird chic or something, he was trolling me......

@saren some random guy is keeping tabs on me and accusing me of being a troll.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

You constantly troll people. You trolled that guy because he told the OP his description of "PreNew 52" was bit confusing & you just trolled a guy earlier because he wrote the post as someone else. Something you do consistently & people are seeing a pattern with you.

Now your butthurt so you will accuse me of trolling because you cannot prove your stance in this argument, good job. No idea what the first thing you are talking about is. But The one guy copy and pasted the guys comment above him and bolded it, I found this funny/weird so I quoted it. The guy then called me a weird chic or something, he was trolling me......

@saren some random guy is keeping tabs on me and accusing me of being a troll.

You found it funny/weird so you started with him on a subject that was irrelevant on the thread? You trolled him. & I'm not keeping tabs on you but as soon as you came to this thread I was received a PM saying to avoid you which is why the other guys haven't replied t you.

You don't even know my stance on the argument because you got me confused with someone else. All I said was the feat is better than anything MoS displayed & then you started talking about not being able to see bullets in other MCU movies & I cleared that up for you. Again, I never compared the lasers to bullets or brought that part up the other guy did & you got him confused w/ me. If you made am mistake thats fine but there's no need to keep stringing it along.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Obviously I am going to be a bit confused on who said what when I am talking to 3 people. How does that feat show he has better reaction time than superman when there is no way to measure it? So little to work with that you have to try and overhype an unimpressive feat.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Do you even know what trolling is? I said he one upped him, he did. He had the exact same post word for word but he bolded it. I found it funny, how is that trolling? At this point you are trying really, really hard to find something to incriminate me and it is just not working.

You jumped in where someone else left off in the conversation, your presence is so underwhelming that I thought you were someone else, plain and simple. I actually stated in one of my comments that I was not saying you said that the lasers were going as fast as bullets. I was simply saying that the speed cannot be compared to bullets.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Obviously I am going to be a bit confused on who said what when I am talking to 3 people. How does that feat show he has better reaction time than superman when there is no way to measure it? So little to work with that you have to try and overhype an unimpressive feat.

Just like there's no way to measure how fast Superman moves right? or how much force is in their strikes right? Going by your logic everyone in these movies would be featless. But anyway agree to disagree. I made the mistake of tagging you but I won't do it again & you do the same.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

Just like there's no way to measure how fast Superman moves right? or how much force is in their strikes right? Going by your logic everyone in these movies would be featless. But anyway agree to disagree. I made the mistake of tagging you but I won't do it again & you do the same.

Hey, actually I have now found out that you are the one who is confused, previous page I even addressed that I was not talking to you about bullet speed. About to go quote the post.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Seeing superman fly through the air does not matter at all, nobody can prove it is as fast as a bullet. The feat is not very good because there is no way to know how fast it is.

(not saying you were saying it was as fast as a bullet)

You accused me of saying you said it when I never did. You even quoted this post by the way, so you cannot say I edited it. I was saying no one can prove its exact speed like the other person I was talking to was trying to. You were the one who got confused and thought I was talking about you.

HA, must suck to act so condescending about me being confused when it was really you all along, eat crow......

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

Hey, actually I have now found out that you are the one who is confused, previous page I even addressed that I was not talking to you about bullet speed. About to go quote the post.

But you KEEP talking to me about speed when I never brought it up, lol. YOU did & you brought up that argument saying that its not impressive & can't be compared to bullets because you can see the lasers & all I did was prove you were wrong by showing multiple videos of bullets being scene & then you starting getting further off topic. I'm underwhelming but you keep replying to me.

• First you say the lasers can't be compared to bullets because you can see the lasers but in other MCU movies you can't see bullets <--- your words. So I showed you a video of bullets clearly being seen.
  • Then you showed one video in Captain America TWS where you can't see bullets so I showed you about 3 videos in multiple MCU movies where you can see the bullets.
  • Now you're saying its unimpressive because you can't measure how fast the lasers were going. So I told you that you also can't even measure how fast the bullets are in those movies nor can you measure how strong their strikes are.

Your entire argument really makes ZERO sense at all & going by your logic no one in these movies should have any fetas at all. You can't properly measure or prove anything at all in those movies.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@uugieboogie: Seeing superman fly through the air does not matter at all, nobody can prove it is as fast as a bullet. The feat is not very good because there is no way to know how fast it is.

(not saying you were saying it was as fast as a bullet)

You accused me of saying you said it when I never did. You even quoted this post by the way, so you cannot say I edited it. I was saying no one can prove its exact speed like the other person I was talking to was trying to. You were the one who got confused and thought I was talking about you.

HA, must suck to act so condescending about me being confused when it was really you all along, eat crow......

But you kept asking me to prove how fast the were when I never brought up anything in regards to their speed. After this post you kept comparing them to bullets & you said after that post you still didn't know who you were replying to lol. Now you're just further derailing this thread because you were confused.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: You said it was more impressive then MoS even though there is noway to know how impressive the feat is due to not knowing the speed. The bullets being seen do not matter, sometimes they are sometimes they aren't, that is an inconsistency. The feat is garbage, there is noway to tell how good it is because there is noway to prove the speed. You said it was a good feat, it is not. He blocked an object at an unknown speed, good for him. How does that put him above anyone?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@rudebomberboy01: Thought you were the other guy who said that we can "assume" they have similar "speed" and "power". Does not matter, you agreed with that guy.

My point does not matter, I do not even need a point. Neither you nor koshi can prove the lasers have any speed near the speed of a bullet. It is simply ridiculous to assume that the lasers are that fast.

You comparison between the lasers and missiles was ok but there is the simple fact that we know how fast the missiles go, we have no idea what the speed of the lasers are. The only thing we have proof of is that we can see them traveling through the air, which we would not be able to see a bullet. In past marvel movies have we ever seen bullets move through the air? NO. There is absolutely no proof of the lasers being anywhere near the speed of a bullet.

No matter how you look at it... Its still a pretty good reaction feats. Deflecting Chitari blast & blast from Loki scepter at point blank range. The whole debate on lasers vs bullets is going gone forever & no one will win it. Like @rudebomberboy01 said you can see Superman flying thru there air, you can see missiles fly through the air, we even saw Iron Man flying through the air & everything I just mentioned was faster than a bullet IIRC.

You claimed it was a good reaction feat, prove it....

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: You said it was more impressive then MoS even though there is noway to know how impressive the feat is due to not knowing the speed. The bullets being seen do not matter, sometimes they are sometimes they aren't, that is an inconsistency. The feat is garbage, there is noway to tell how good it is because there is noway to prove the speed. You said it was a good feat, it is not. He blocked an object at an unknown speed, good for him. How does that put him above anyone?

No matter how you look at it... Its still a pretty good reaction feats. Deflecting Chitari blast & blast from Loki scepter at point blank range. The whole debate on lasers vs bullets is going gone forever & no one will win it. Like @rudebomberboy01 said you can see Superman flying thru there air, you can see missiles fly through the air, we even saw Iron Man flying through the air & everything I just mentioned was faster than a bullet IIRC.

Now the bullet thing don't matter even though you're the one that brought it up? lol. If you're not going to debate whether Superman or Thor would win, then stop tagging me. Thread has been derailed enough.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

Now the bullet thing don't matter even though you're the one that brought it up? lol. If you're not going to debate whether Superman or Thor would win, then stop tagging me. Thread has been derailed enough.

"don't matter" yup, grammar proves you are not worth my time, bye bye. Have fun accusing other people of trolling.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1826  Edited By uugieboogie

@thenaughtytitan said:

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

"don't matter" yup, grammar proves you are not worth my time, bye bye. Have fun accusing other people of trolling.

@thenaughtytitan said:

You have no argument in regards to this battle so you resort to "grammar checking"? Even though you've made mistakes too? lol cool bruh

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

You have no argument in regards to this battle so you resort to "grammar checking"? Even though you've made mistakes too? lol cool bruh

"you are not worth my time" why did you bold this? This is correct grammar, bruh.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know you've lost the argument when you have to resort to grammar checking..... ;)

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know you've lost the argument when you have to resort to grammar checking..... ;)

Aren't you that guy who left after you could not prove the blasts were as fast as gun fire, cool story bro.....

;)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1830  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@uugieboogie said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

"you are not worth my time" why did you bold this? This is correct grammar, bruh.

There's still other of mistakes we BOTH made. So why point out my mine & no yours? Is it because you have no argument in regards to this battle so you have to keep derailing this thread? I said about 3 times (IIRC) that if you don't have an argument that has to do with this battle don't tag me. You also said I'm "underwhelming" but you still feel the need to continue tagging me?

tristan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It means man of Steel superman is very powerful

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yeah I have been kind of a d*ck, I have been derailing this thread this and that needs to stop.

I will take superman but my mind could be changed....

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: It's the mark of a poor debater to make a big deal out of someone's grammar instead of their actual argument.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Ok, an asgardian knife is different from a regular knife. Still doesn't explain how it could pierce Thor if he has such good durability. Unless we are establishing that any asgardian weaponry can injure Thor. I still don't see how Thor has comparable durability to Superman. He bled from blunt force. One punch from Hulk made him bleed from the nose. Kurse bloodied his face. Tanking a blast from Gungir still doesn't seem so impressive. It only means Thor is more durable than frost giants. Odin used Gungir on a dark elf and it didn't disintegrate him. It also seems pretty inconsistent that Thor can bleed from asgardian weapons, yet tank blasts from Gungir. You would think it would be more powerful than any asgardian weapon. Superman can still utilize his flight speed for blitzing, like he did in MOS.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1835  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie: Ok, an asgardian knife is different from a regular knife. Still doesn't explain how it could pierce Thor if he has such good durability. Unless we are establishing that any asgardian weaponry can injure Thor. I still don't see how Thor has comparable durability to Superman. He bled from blunt force. One punch from Hulk made him bleed from the nose. Kurse bloodied his face. Tanking a blast from Gungir still doesn't seem so impressive. It only means Thor is more durable than frost giants. Odin used Gungir on a dark elf and it didn't disintegrate him. It also seems pretty inconsistent that Thor can bleed from asgardian weapons, yet tank blasts from Gungir. You would think it would be more powerful than any asgardian weapon. Superman can still utilize his flight speed for blitzing, like he did in MOS.

Dude we established that already, thats what we been trying to tell you. Thor bled from blunt force but supes was KO'd from blunt force. Gungir is an energy/heat based attack not piercing there's a difference. You still haven't backed your claim that claim that Supes heat vision can cut him in half. & no he can't he never implemented his speed in combat he NEVER speed blitzed anyone all he did was bull rush & Thor the same exact tactic multiple times.

EDIT: When did Odin blast a Dark Elf?

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1836  Edited By Monte-Cristo

@uugieboogie: In Thor 2, Odin kills a dark elf with his spear. Superman getting KOed from Faora and Namek seems pretty irrelevant since Superman took greater punishment after that and wasn't knocked out again for the rest of the movie. Gungir still seems pretty unimpressive. It disintegrated some frost giants, but other than that it didn't do anything else noteworthy. Thor bleeding from both blunt force and piercing weapons tells me he would be cut pretty easily from heat vision, given how easily Clark's heat vision sliced through everything. It melted a steel girder in seconds. Even calling it a bull rush, Clark used his speed against Zod and repeatedly punched him in the face while still maintaining his speed. Thor can't contend with that combination of speed, strength and heat vision.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning toward Superman on this one.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: In Thor 2, Odin kills a dark elf with his spear. Superman getting KOed from Faora and Namek seems pretty irrelevant since Superman took greater punishment after that and wasn't knocked out again for the rest of the movie. Gungir still seems pretty unimpressive. It disintegrated some frost giants, but other than that it didn't do anything else noteworthy. Thor bleeding from both blunt force and piercing weapons tells me he would be cut pretty easily from heat vision, given how easily Clark's heat vision sliced through everything. It melted a steel girder in seconds. Even calling it a bull rush, Clark used his speed against Zod and repeatedly punched him in the face while still maintaining his speed. Thor can't contend with that combination of speed, strength and heat vision.

He got KO'd twice in the movie & then almost KO'd himself when he flew Zod into the gas station. Did he blast them or ddi he stab them? I don't remember Odin blasting anyone but I could be wrong. That makes no sense, he was stabbed by an Asgardian weapon, I already proved Asgardian knife > Human knife. Again Clark heat vision isn't going to even touch Thor nothing stops him from blocking it like he blocked everything else. & if Clark uses it he leaves himself at a disadvantage seeing how he can't do a stream of it & he hurts himself whenever he does it. See how after he melting the steel girder he had to close his eyes which left him open to get smacked by Zod? Don't forget how horrible Supes skill was & how Faora embarrassed him. Thor greatly outclasses him in skill, outclasses him in damage output & matches him in speed. This fight could go either way,

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1839  Edited By GXrevolution96

@uugieboogie said:

@monte-cristo said:

He got KO'd twice in the movie & then almost KO'd himself when he flew Zod into the gas station. Did he blast them or ddi he stab them? I don't remember Odin blasting anyone but I could be wrong.

You say it as if Thor could survive having an oil rig land on him.

He wasn't "almost" KO'd at all in that scene. I am not sure why this point is constantly being bought up. He had the win knocked out of him and took a moment to recover, but he that does not mean he was "almost KO'd". If I fall and break my leg, and thus, struggle to stand up, does that mean I was "almost KO'd". Or what if I was kicked in the nuts(which would certainly immobilise me for a period go time), am I KO'd from that. I could be punched straight in the gut, but I wouldn't get KO'd from it; just the winded. You are either KO'd or not.

Its a moot point anyway since he wasn't actually KO'd.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: He took longer to recover than Thor did in all except one fight, and he did it to himself. That's part of the reason it is a big deal.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: He took longer to recover than Thor did in all except one fight, and he did it to himself. That's part of the reason it is a big deal.

Fair enough. It still does not necessarily mean he was "almost KO'. I am sure that any man would take long time to recover after getting hit full on in the nuts, it doenst mean they were on the verge of getting KO'd

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@monte-cristo said:

He got KO'd twice in the movie & then almost KO'd himself when he flew Zod into the gas station. Did he blast them or ddi he stab them? I don't remember Odin blasting anyone but I could be wrong.

You say it as if Thor could survive having an oil rig land on him.

He wasn't "almost" KO'd at all in that scene. I am not sure why this point is constantly being bought up. He had the win knocked out of him and took a moment to recover, but he that does not mean he was "almost KO'd". If I fall and break my leg, and thus, struggle to stand up, does that mean I was "almost KO'd". Or what if I was kicked in the nuts(which would certainly immobilise me for a period go time), am I KO'd from that. I could be punched straight in the gut, but I wouldn't get KO'd from it; just the winded. You are either KO'd or not.

Its a moot point anyway since he wasn't actually KO'd.

IIRC the whole oil rig didn't fall on him it was one of the towers. I think a lot of ppl get thatt scene confused.

Loading Video...

Idk what you're talking about ppl have passed out from breaking their leg & I have seen ppl KO from getting hit in the nuts, multiple times in foot ball. & the part that makes it even more sad is that he did it to himself & he hurt himself more than the other person he was trying to hurt. Thor & Loki was in a bigger explosion at the end of Thor (the first one) & they showed pretty much no damage

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes stomps..

Thanosmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Draw

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Odin fires Gungir at a dark elf, killing him, but he just falls over. Again, nothing noteworthy about Gungir other than killing some frost giants. As GX stated above, Superman wasn't almost knocked out from rushing Zod. Only shown that maybe the wind was knocked out of him. Pure nonsensical speculation. You didn't address my point. Superman was knocked out early in the movie, but after being temporarily KOed by Faora and Namek, Clark took greater punishment for the rest of the movie without getting knocked out. So its irrelevant. As i also said before, Thor was bleeding from brute force alone. One punch from Hulk gave him a nose bleed. He bleeds pretty easily. His supposed superior fighting skills didn't stop him from getting thrashed by Kurse, a slow brick. Or Hulk. Thor could block heat vision, but if it does hit him, I see no reason why it couldn't injure him. Combined with speed and strength, Clark wrecks him.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Odin fires Gungir at a dark elf, killing him, but he just falls over. Again, nothing noteworthy about Gungir other than killing some frost giants. As GX stated above, Superman wasn't almost knocked out from rushing Zod. Only shown that maybe the wind was knocked out of him. Pure nonsensical speculation. You didn't address my point. Superman was knocked out early in the movie, but after being temporarily KOed by Faora and Namek, Clark took greater punishment for the rest of the movie without getting knocked out. So its irrelevant. As i also said before, Thor was bleeding from brute force alone. One punch from Hulk gave him a nose bleed. He bleeds pretty easily. His supposed superior fighting skills didn't stop him from getting thrashed by Kurse, a slow brick. Or Hulk. Thor could block heat vision, but if it does hit him, I see no reason why it couldn't injure him. Combined with speed and strength, Clark wrecks him.

• You have a video of Odin firing at a dark elf? Again we've consistently seen it obliterate everything else it shit.
  • Either way he downed, from his own attack. The person he tried to hurt recovered quicker than he did. He was down for at least 20 seconds & could barely stand for some time after. Thats more than enough time for a lightning strike or a hammer throw to the head which will disorientate Supes further.
  • No Superman was kO'd in the beginning of the movie & he was KO'd again in the middle. He was KO'd from brute force. I rather have superficial wounds than actually being KO'd in a fight.
  • One punch from an ENRAGED Hulk only gave Thor a nose bleed, a Hulk under control one shotted a flying monster the size of a building. Its actually pretty showing that he took a hit from Hulk (who wasn't holding back) directly to the face & only got a nose bleed & smiled it off. Thor got more punishment from Kurse than Supes got at all & Thor still wasn't KO'd.
  • "Supposed Superior fighting skills"? Thor OUTCLASSES Supes by a huge margin in terms of skills, there's nothing "supposed" about it.
  • Again thats "if" it hits him & he has a track record of his blocking/deflecting energy attacks. & Once he blocks Clark heat vision Clark leaves himself open for an attack which you keep avoiding. See video below...
Loading Video...

He fires heat vision, Thor blocks then Clark closes his eyes & then Clark gets a hammer to the face. If a steel girder drops Clark Mjolnir definitely will (& you can see there's a time skip in the clip between Supes getting hit & Zod taking his armor off, Clark was disoriented longer than that) & Thor simply puts Mjolnir on Supes back & proceeds to punch the back of his head in.

There's different ways for either side to win, this fight can go either way 50/50 like I been saying this entire time.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

The speed im referring to is Superman's flight speed, which he can utilize to blitz Thor. I doubt Thor can keep up with a blitzing Superman.

A bullrush can be deflected or side-stepped by Thor(as demonstrated by Faora). Thor has enough reaction feats against incoming projectiles to suggest he could dodge it, plus if he actually does get hit, I doubt it will leave any lasting damage on him.

Oh and Thor also has his bullrushing feats.

Those clashes are striking feats. The reason you never see Superman replicate that force again is because you never see him use that amount of speed to punch against any other opponent except Zod at the very end.

High speed collision =/= a striking feat for Superman. It's a shared feat which required two Kryptonians, flying into each other at high speeds and ramming into each other. Thor on the other hand just swings his hammer and produces higher collateral damage.

I seriously doubt Thor could survive heat vision for very long given that an asgardian knife made him bleed. Heat vision would slice him up.

Piercing weapon =/= heat based attack.

It's already been explained a million times to you that a regular knife is utterly useless even against the scrubbiest of Asgardian skin;

Loading Video...

Asgardian weapons have been shown to act differently to Earthly based weapons so I do not understand why you keep bring up that instance.

Saying Superman's heat vision would slice up a character who bathes himself in lightning is just as silly as saying Superman's heat vision could 'burn' the Human Torch. Thor has survived Gungnir blasts on more than two occasions. The Gungnir which has been shown to completely disintegrate Frost Giants(including the king Laufey himself) in the past.

Strength has alot to do with striking power, given that the reason Superman has those striking feats is because of his strength. Superman isn't a trained boxer or martial artist in that movie. Its also the whole reason Thor has better striking feats with his hammer than without it. His attacks don't have the same amount of strength without his hammer. Having training on how to punch is only so useful when your opponent is so much bigger and stronger.

Again, you can have all the strength in the world and still not know how to punch properly. Thor simply has better striking feats. Again, Ben from FF has better lifting feats than Hulk and Superman at the same time, but will get rekt by either of them due to not having the striking feats.

Kurse didn't seem to show much technique or skill, yet he still thrashed Thor due to his greater strength.

Kurse didn't show much technique? You're forgetting Kurse is Algrim who was shown beating the crap out of Asgardian soldiers in the beginning of the movie, and Asgardian soldiers were shown to demonstrate great fighting/combat skills.

Also, Kurse has his own striking feats that would place him on par or even above the Kryptonians.

Bruce lee could certainly prevail over a modern day body builder, but there is also the realistic chance he could be simply overpowered and turned to mush. Its why I used the Mike Tyson vs Bruce lee analogy. Lee didn't say it was Tyson's left hook that would down him, it was simply that he was bigger and stronger.

You are drifting from the point and question I asked. I'm not asking who would win in a fight, I'm asking who could punch harder.

I asked; who could punch harder? Bruce Lee.... or a modern day body builder? Mike Tyson..... or Arnorld Schwarzenegger? If the answer is not the latter in both scenarios then my point stands.

Thor isn't just fighting someone stronger than him, hes fighting someone with better speed and flight capability, heat vision, and better durability.

Superman is only stronger than Thor in this case not because Thor is weaker, but because he has absolutely zero strength feats so we can't exactly judge how strong he is, but we do know he can hit hard.

Better speed only in flight, his combat speed is sub-par, just like Thor's. except Thor actually knows how to fight and dodge things.

Heat vision is completely useless here. Thor has survived worse, not to mention it can literally get smacked away by Mjolnir.

Also, Superman was on the defensive fighting two kryptonians. But after utilizing his heat vision and flight he held his own for the rest of the fight. So I disagree that he was overwhelmed that entire fight.

Someone tried to say Clark holding his own against two Kryptonians at the same time was a good showing, I'm simply saying he ddn't 'hold his own' because he got overwhelmed when he went against both of them at the same time, which is true. It wasn't until after Nam-Ek and Faora got separated that he was able to get some breathing room, he didn't hold his own against Faora he couldn't(she kinda slapped him all over the place), he sucker punched her and ended the fight right there.

Odin fires Gungir at a dark elf, killing him, but he just falls over.

And?

Again, nothing noteworthy about Gungir other than killing some frost giants.

Not just killing Frost Giants(who by the way are extremely durable), but completely disintegrating them into nothingness.

As GX stated above, Superman wasn't almost knocked out from rushing Zod. Only shown that maybe the wind was knocked out of him. Pure nonsensical speculation.

The point was that almost every time Superman bullrushes an opponent, he ends up hurting himself more than his opponent.

Superman was knocked out early in the movie, but after being temporarily KOed by Faora and Namek, Clark took greater punishment for the rest of the movie without getting knocked out. So its irrelevant.

He didn't get knocked out, but he wasn't exactly no showing the attacks. They were clearly hurting him.

As i also said before, Thor was bleeding from brute force alone. One punch from Hulk gave him a nose bleed. He bleeds pretty easily.

True he bled from being punched by Hulk, but it did not hinder him in any way/shape or form.

His supposed superior fighting skills didn't stop him from getting thrashed by Kurse, a slow brick. Or Hulk. Thor could block heat vision, but if it does hit him, I see no reason why it couldn't injure him. Combined with speed and strength, Clark wrecks him.

Kurse actually knows how to fight and has better striking feats than Nam-Ek and Faora who knocked out Clark. Thor didn't get 'thrashed' by the Hulk, they were pretty much even. And just like Kurse, Hulk also has better striking feats than the Krptonians so I don't see how that's a bad showing for Thor.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse actually knows how to fight and has better striking feats than Nam-Ek and Faora who knocked out Clark. Thor didn't get 'thrashed' by the Hulk, they were pretty much even. And just like Kurse, Hulk also has better striking feats than the Krptonians so I don't see how that's a bad showing for Thor

COMPLETELY INCORRECT. kurse swatted away a hammer that the hulk was ABLE TO CATCH. this is mcu, know where ever in the movie is it stated kurse is stronger than thor or has battle skill. KURSE simply overpowered thor with brute force. something that any kryptonian can due to thor as well.

FIORA STRIKING FEATS.

knocked a water tanker like a ball .

threw kal father and faster than kurse threw the boulder.

ripped open a with her hands a spacefaring ship that no showed damage from crash landing at earth.

Again, nothing noteworthy about Gungir other than killing some frost giants.

Not just killing Frost Giants(who by the way are extremely durable), but completely disintegrating them into nothingness.

thor one movie ITS CLEARLY STATED that the frost giants are weaker from not having there casket. its clear that odin weilds gunger with MORE FORCE than loki. IT seems that gungir and asguardians are just well suited against frost giants. NOTHING NOTEWORTHY.

He didn't get knocked out, but he wasn't exactly no showing the attacks. They were clearly hurting him.

the only time supermsn winced in pain was when he was hit by a kryptonian ship blaster in smallville and when he blitzed THROUGH a ship that zod was piloting. IRRELEVANT, since he was easily able to continue fighting/moving both times.NO WHERE ever was it stated or implied that kal damaged.

thor WAS DAMAGED by blood evident from the hulk punch, and kurse. thor was DAMAGED enough he was UNABLE to use his hammer barely surving a trap at LESS than 30 k feet. helicarier was damaged and was loosing altitude then thor was dropped .

it is PATENTLY false that thor was equal footing with the hulk . if you notice , thor was dazed two times from hulk simply SLAMMING him on the ground of the helicarrier. both times the ground was NOT EVEN DAMAGED. this clearly suggests that thor would be knocked out/KILLED from punches from zod and superman or crashing from space.

its OBVIOUS that zod and kal were able to punch each other through buidlings which is FAR MORE FORCE than the hulk slamming thor on the helicarrier.

thor was EVEN DAZED from just loki pushing him on the ground before he was stabbed. thor tumbles and is so SLOW getting back up that loki was able to fire on the quinjet.

superman was NOT dazed by the steel beam. it was shown MULTIPLE times that krytonians who use use heat vision "shake it off" immediatey after. more importantly, sup was EASILY able to fight after being hit was able to carry on a conversation.

we know the HULK WAS KNOCKED OUT at less than 30 thousand feet and he was EASILY able to survive a direct hammer upercut. we know iron man was EASILY able to take repeated blows with the hammer.

its OBVIOUS SUPERMAN can take multiple hits from the hammer.

thor blocked TELEGRAPHED beams from the destroyer who cant even move his head.

thor FAILED to block a telegraphed uni beam from iron man.

superman can use his heat vision at ANY TIME. thor will be UNABLE to block them based on kurse and hulk fight. both were able to seperate thor from his hammer.

lastly iron man one CLEARLY shows percentage remaining is power remaining. IT DOES NOT mean at 400 percent stark is 4 times stronger or quicker.iron man one he struggled to lift a car. that was the level of strength THOR STRUGGLED WITH. in iron man one, the only diffrence between his new and old power source was length of time of energy reserves.

its OBVIOUS that kal baby ship no showed crash landing at earth > iron man armor dureabilty.

fiora ripped it open with her hands which is FAR more impressive than thor crushing stark armor.

lastly

superman CLEARLY increased in skill, dureabilty and strength.

superman moved faster than thor PERIOD.

ALL THE KRYTPONIANS MOVED FASTER THAN THOR.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1849  Edited By GXrevolution96

@rudebomberboy01

How do we know that the Frost Giants didn't have have a specific vulnerability to heat. After all, they are Frost Giants and live in freezing cold conditions. We never saw Gulgnir used on anyone apart from first giants, excluding Thor. From what we have seen, it's destructive capabilities are relatively subpar, and it is not even as potent as Mjolnir, which could one shot Leviathans, destroy huge bulks of ice an could summon powerful tornadoes.

I dont think taking down Agardian soldiers is all that impressive, to be honest. They are fodder. The palace guards(who you think would be the most skilled as they have to guard the royal family) were getting their asses kicked by Malekith's elfs and showed no sense of strategy. They were also struggling to suppress the marauders and Thor needed to be called in. The Mos Krptonians would take them down with with just as much ease.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

How do we know that the Frost Giants didn't have have a specific vulnerability to heat. After all, they are Frost Giants and live in freezing cold conditions. We never saw Gulgnir used on anyone apart from first giants, excluding Thor. From what we have seen, it's destructive capabilities are relatively subpar, and it is not even as potent as Mjolnir, which could one shot Leviathans, destroy huge bulks of ice an could summon powerful tornadoes.

The fact that the Gungnir blast didn't poke holes through the Frost Giants but literally disintegrated and turned them into nothingness? I still think it's an impressive durability feat for Thor.

I dont think taking down Agardian soldiers is all that impressive, to be honest. They are fodder. The palace guards(who you think would be the most skilled as they have to guard the royal family) were getting their asses kicked by Malekith's elfs and showed no sense of strategy. They were also struggling to suppress the marauders and Thor needed to be called in. The Mos Krptonians would take them down with with just as much ease.

Really?

Loading Video...

They might be fodder, but that's not the reason I brought them up, I brought them up because they do know how to fight well and Algrim easily taking them down in H2H combat is a skill feat.